PDA

View Full Version : Running Card or Table Games for Players

grimm182
September 23rd, 2019, 15:14
Looking for a quick way to simulate gambling or game playing in FG. I know some games can be played out, but I think something that resolves in less than 2min wont bog down the game. Using Savage Worlds so those cards are already there. Have my own idea, but wondering if anyone else does this for thier games.

LordEntrails
September 23rd, 2019, 15:58
Over the years I've seen various ways to simulate such, but I can't refer you to any. Would be nice to have a module of such games though :)

grimm182
September 24th, 2019, 04:06
Found some good info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/1luz45/tavern_games_in_dd/

gtw2017
September 26th, 2019, 19:44
Hello - I will look at creating something for this. I've designed a fairly complicated blackjack type game which uses coins, player tokens, dice and so on to simulate gambling - but I will think about putting together a few imaginary gambling games using cards, dice and so on.

notrealdan
September 26th, 2019, 20:53
You might want to check out Vassal.
https://www.vassalengine.org/

It might not be what you're looking for, since it's outside of FG and one more completely separate software tool to learn and use. But it's free and designed for card and board game play across the net, and has gads of modules available for various games, including of course generic playing cards.

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2019, 23:15
I think the idea here is not to actually play card or hoard games, but to emulate them for a roll playing experience. I.e. the party is in a tavern and is challenged to a drinking contest. Or a dart game, or a game of dragon chess etc

gtw2017
October 2nd, 2019, 01:47
Hello - just a follow-up, I am currently creating a Gambling Game and Tarot Reading Module, it will include quickfire versions of the games that simlulate randomized but controllable, outcomes from playing them, without playing them. Games are taken from my world Geas - but suited to DND and other fantasy RPGs.

gtw2017
October 2nd, 2019, 16:02
OK - great idea and a lot of fun working on it - to answer the call, I have put all of the graphics together - I am just working on the tables and technical side but this will allow you to play a large variety of unique gambling games, either in real-time or simulated outcomes and results as if you -had- played them as well. I have created a 52 playing card set with new heraldic pips and used the tarot set from my Geas game. Here's a screenshot and a pic of one of the cards in the tarot (technically an oracle as it has 32 major arcana).

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2019, 16:45
Looks like a lot of fun!

michaelzep
October 2nd, 2019, 18:19
I want this please make it mine now! I have a Tavern FULL of Bored Drunks! There passing out quick!

gtw2017
October 3rd, 2019, 14:49
Yes sir - very nearly done. DOI includes
- 32 tarot cards with meanings and images, including a digital cloth on which you can do larger spreads with instructions on a basic spread.
- The Dyn Cartwheel dartboard and player/scoring token markers + a few extra tools to make playing it easier.
- 52 playing cards with substitute Snake, Lion, Unicorn and Gryphon pips.
- Nine individual and unique games that can be played in real-time or simulated with 32 possible outcomes, extra results that lead to skill rolls or fights.
- A DC decider and a Template that generates a variety of outcomes in text boxes that can be dragged to chat
- A range of low to very high coin amounts used to simulate winnings or losses.
- The power to control the length and complexity of games and choose instant results, DC roll that might modify instant results or all the equipment needed to play any of the nine games in real-time.

I just have to create the graphics and submit it. Won't be long...

gtw2017
October 5th, 2019, 06:35
Hello again - you can get it here from GTW > Den of Iniquity (https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.com/product-page/den-of-iniquity-for-fantasy-grounds) <
and it has also been submitted to Smiteworks and should be in their store and on Steam soon.

Hope this helps liven up your Tavern :)

michaelzep
October 7th, 2019, 20:29
Hello again - you can get it here from GTW > Den of Iniquity (https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.com/product-page/den-of-iniquity-for-fantasy-grounds) <
and it has also been submitted to Smiteworks and should be in their store and on Steam soon.

Hope this helps liven up your Tavern :)

Thanks! I'll download it tomorrow and play with it.