PDA

View Full Version : Spacecraft Maps for MGT2?

goodmanje
September 22nd, 2019, 06:10
Are normal "top down" maps available anywhere for Traveller starships? Those Isometric maps in the core rulebook are useless for resolving combat encounters in FG.

chumbly
September 22nd, 2019, 10:46
Officially, I don't think so unless somewhere there is Mongoose 1E repostiory.

I guess, I am planning on developing a new hobby of going through my 1E pdf's and
extracting ship plans and running them into cosmographer to build "pretty ship plans".
Whether any ship plans done in such a matter could ever legally made publicly available
would entirely depend on Mongoose's forbearance and permission. It would be an
interesting question if such conversions were allowed (especially if turned into an FG module, which could then be put into the Mongoose Community Products list on Drivethrurpg).

Chumbly

Andraax
September 22nd, 2019, 21:34
Google Search Link (https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS713US713&sxsrf=ACYBGNRsJP_h3P-OSjtXCU1MH6CrOWC2Mw:1569184415245&q=traveller+starship+deck+plans&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIjKG9o-XkAhVErZ4KHQuEAyQQsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1920&bih=947)

Cendell
September 24th, 2019, 21:41
If you go to : https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/downloads.htm

There are 2d maps for both the Core and High Guard ships. Nowhere I know for assorted adventure ships and the like.

MadBeardMan
September 25th, 2019, 14:35
Folks,

I've spoken with Mongoose, I've been sent every ship floorplan they have.

I'll tidy these up and add grids to them fitting the floorplan scale and create a module for them, which I'll add to the Core rulebook so you'll get them for free.

I'll do that this weekend.

Cheers,
MBM

goodmanje
September 25th, 2019, 16:17
Awesome, thanks!

Boldtaar
April 8th, 2020, 22:30
Any up date on including the ship floorplans, will they be in the new update?

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 22:34
Any up date on including the ship floorplans, will they be in the new update?

Hi,

I kind of forgot about these. Mongoose sent me a load but they were, erm, very basic and what was freely available. I'll add a note to myself to put these in with the next update, I'll try and get it to FG on Saturday for next Tuesday.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
April 8th, 2020, 22:53
That sound great. :D

It there plans for adding assets for creating custom floorplans with the High Guard expansion?
Long term i would like to see the floor plans for all the ships in the books added as maps with all the advanced map features for dynamic lights and line of sighs

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 22:58
That sound great. :D

It there plans for adding assets for creating custom floorplans with the High Guard expansion?
Long term i would like to see the floor plans for all the ships in the books added as maps with all the advanced map features for dynamic lights and line of sighs

Hello,

There are no plans for creating custom floorplans, I don't have the first clue as to how (I'm a coder, not a graphics chap). Plus the chapter in Highguard is aimed at the tabletop, not so much the VTT. I do think with FGU something might be possible, but Mongoose are only doing the isometric maps, so it would be a 3rd party that provides them.

So floorplans with advanced features, means you're talking about FGU. I currently don't have FGU installed (I use Linux on my coding laptop/desktop). Soon as it's available I'll have a play. It's going to be a huge job adding some of the plans, the larger ships are MASSIVE!

Cheers,
MBM

will9k
April 17th, 2020, 19:58
MadBeardMan,

did you by any chance get a 2d of the Deepnight Endeavour from Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour? I am trying to get ready to run it in FGU, but without even 2d deck plans I will have to draw out the complete ship in campaign cartographer before I can even take it to FGU to start the LOS definitions. I don't mind doing the LOS work, but getting everything redrawn prior to that is a massive pain in the butt.

LordNanoc
April 18th, 2020, 13:45
I've done some work on LOS maps in FGU. I might be able to provide some LOS layers if I have the maps.

Boldtaar
April 18th, 2020, 14:05
I did some testing using isometric grids on the deck plans included in the core book,

But isometric grid is not well implemented yet, The PC moves north/south at a 45° angle across the grid instead of moving forward/backwards. I have made a bug report and they will look at i,t but seems that isometric support will be limited and is something that might be expanded on after release