PDA

View Full Version : Is Bestiary going to have all the card art?

yarnevk
September 21st, 2019, 17:47
https://paizo.com/products/btq0206k/discuss&page=1?Pathfinder-Bestiary-Battle-Cards

Every monster has art on these cards, will the Bestiary have art blanks since it follows the book art? Or is this art going to be available as a Bestiary supplement?

Trenloe
September 21st, 2019, 22:24
The Bestiary will have the artwork from the Bestiary.

yarnevk
September 22nd, 2019, 03:07
So are the cards going to be supported to overlay the Bestiary with more art?

Willot
September 28th, 2019, 21:21
So are the cards going to be supported to overlay the Bestiary with more art?

I suspect that since the Battlecards are a separate product Smiteworks probably don't have the rights to reproduce this artwork, unless it also appears in the Bestiary. But Im only guessing.

Bidmaron
September 29th, 2019, 01:12
Paizo hasn’t ever released the PDFs of their card sets so I am not sure how it would work. Also, the card art might be exactly what is in the bestiary anyway in many cases. Not sure. They never did this for first edition

stephan_
September 29th, 2019, 09:40
From the product discussion thread (edit to clarify: from the Paizo Bestiary Battle Cards thread (https://paizo.com/products/btq0206k/discuss&page=1?Pathfinder-Bestiary-Battle-Cards), not the FG Bestiary thread, so relating to the Paizo Battle Cards themselves)

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.? [...]
Yes. There is art for every statblock in the Bestiary on the corresponding creature's cards.

(Also as an aside for a question/comment posed upthread, the price increase above the Bestiary is partially in part due to this increased art as well as the cost of packaging such a deck.[...]

Willot
September 29th, 2019, 10:03
ahhh most excellent news......Chauncy? Chauncy? I looks as though we shaltn't be needing your services after all.

Right'ch Are Gov....