PDA

View Full Version : Effect in "Action Tab" and more

Old Man
September 19th, 2019, 12:13
I'm trying to automate as much as possible for my Players and me. Is there any Documentation for the effect Coding in Starfinder?

first I try to Implement the Reductive Plating Drone Mod. But No Idea how to bring DR 1/- in the Effect Code.

Second Question:
There are many Abillitys with limitied Use per day. Is there any Option to bring the Used Count into the Action Tab? In the 5e Ruleset is an Option but in Starfinder I did not get it working...

Third Question: SOLVED!!!! Just Type in -8 as modifier
How do I setup Combat Actions Like Disarm, Grapple,... Is the any Howto or Documentation

Last Question:
is it possible to Export coded effect from Actions and Spells into a Module and how to do it? This will reduce work in recoding.

Thanks for Helping

Old Man
September 19th, 2019, 15:37
Additional Question:

Howto Setup Harrying Fire and Covering Fire?

AC +/- is not the Problem Range Attack against fix 15 how can I setup this?

Blahness98
September 19th, 2019, 22:51
I'm trying to automate as much as possible for my Players and me. Is there any Documentation for the effect Coding in Starfinder?

Best bet would to look at my post about effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists). I have a pretty decent breakdown of them a few pages in (direct link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists&p=381830&viewfull=1#post381830)). There are also examples of effects for some of the classes in that thread as well. Just be warned, I haven't updated any of it in a while as I have taken a break from Starfinder.

first I try to Implement the Reductive Plating Drone Mod. But No Idea how to bring DR 1/- in the Effect Code.

This is a simple one. The effect you would use would be: "Reductive Plating; DR: 1" without the quotes. Any physical damage would be reduced by one with that effect.

There are many Abillitys with limitied Use per day. Is there any Option to bring the Used Count into the Action Tab? In the 5e Ruleset is an Option but in Starfinder I did not get it working...

Just create a spell class and have each spell level for your daily use items. See my effects lists examples if you need assistance.

Last Question: is it possible to Export coded effect from Actions and Spells into a Module and how to do it? This will reduce work in recoding.

There are a few ways to do this. You can do it with character sheets like I did in the post I referenced above, or you can create a module of the effects. Easiest way if going this route is by using FG's effects listing and exporting those into a module. Or you can straight up create the module yourself using XML. There is also the option of creating an actions library that would have the ability and a dragable link to the effect within the ability listing. This is done doing XML and is more of a PITA than what it is worth.

How to Setup Harrying Fire and Covering Fire?

There really isn't an easy way to do this at this time, but there is an update for all actions in the process of testing right now. You can read about it here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45231-Revesion-inWork-Status&p=451118&viewfull=1#post451118)

Hope that helps. Shoot me a PM or leave a message here if you have other questions about effects.

Samarex
September 20th, 2019, 03:09
Just create a spell class and have each spell level for your daily use items. See my effects lists examples if you need assistance.

This is now in the ruleset I added it in 1.0.15a which is now on the test server.

Old Man
September 23rd, 2019, 08:33
Wow Thank You that will help! I will continue to work with the Test Version Ruleset.