PDA

View Full Version : Official MGT2e Bug Report Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dmccoy1693
September 18th, 2019, 21:53
I was about to report another bug to the Mongoose Traveller 2e Thread when I saw someone else had reported a bug in a different thread. So I figured I'd start the official bug report thread.

Adding a weapon to a PC
I got the following error message Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil)

NPCs (animal)
I am not able to add a weapon (either by typing it in or dragging from the Items).

garrion_sw
September 18th, 2019, 22:59
Nice work on the rule set. I just purchased it and am starting to look it over.

I have one small request/suggestion. Perhaps you can do something so that the current END, STR, DEX under Character Status modifies the Attribute and Skill rolls. I'm not sure how it would be easiest to tackle this (and surprised if it has not come up already). The easiest thing I can think of is just to have all the rollers reference the "Current" value for those three stats rather than the value on the Main tab. To go with it you may want a parenthetical value on the Main tab to show that it is modified.

It's used much less rarely than END, STR, and DEX; but the other stats can also suffer damage as well. Perhaps they should all have a MAX and CURRENT value?

I'll let you know if I come across anything else.

MadBeardMan
September 19th, 2019, 07:55
I was about to report another bug to the Mongoose Traveller 2e Thread when I saw someone else had reported a bug in a different thread. So I figured I'd start the official bug report thread.

Adding a weapon to a PC
I got the following error message Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil)

NPCs (animal)
I am not able to add a weapon (either by typing it in or dragging from the Items).

Thanks for the one one, answered it on the other thread.

The second one, edit the NPC, click the + button and then drag the weapon over the new line or type the details in.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 19th, 2019, 07:56
Nice work on the rule set. I just purchased it and am starting to look it over.

I have one small request/suggestion. Perhaps you can do something so that the current END, STR, DEX under Character Status modifies the Attribute and Skill rolls. I'm not sure how it would be easiest to tackle this (and surprised if it has not come up already). The easiest thing I can think of is just to have all the rollers reference the "Current" value for those three stats rather than the value on the Main tab. To go with it you may want a parenthetical value on the Main tab to show that it is modified.

It's used much less rarely than END, STR, and DEX; but the other stats can also suffer damage as well. Perhaps they should all have a MAX and CURRENT value?

I'll let you know if I come across anything else.

A good idea, I'll have a think but I'll place this on the list to do.

Cheers,
MBM

chumbly
September 20th, 2019, 01:37
Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
Intermittent error, sometimes I get sometimes I don't really know what is different
Received on console sometimes after setting option
Dice Tower ON
Chat: Show GM Rolls (both turn on and off show GM Rolls)

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
September 20th, 2019, 07:58
Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
Intermittent error, sometimes I get sometimes I don't really know what is different
Received on console sometimes after setting option
Dice Tower ON
Chat: Show GM Rolls (both turn on and off show GM Rolls)

Chumbly

Morning Chumbers,

Odd and interesting. I'll add that to my weekend 'look at' and see how to re-create it so a fix can be tested and stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!

Cheers,
MBM

garrion_sw
September 21st, 2019, 16:07
Do you have a posted to-do list? I hate to start mentioning stuff you already have in the queue. I'm sure most of these are in the works toward your finished product.

TO-DO
1. Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet.
2. Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied.
3. Careers will drop into the Career History section.
4. Homeworlds will drop into the Homeworld line. (I'm sure this is functional but see Bugs #2.)
5. Dropping a Skill into the Skills section should create specialties. Minimally, listed specialties in the Skill text should be links that can be dragged to the Skills section if applicable.

BUGS
1. Created Homeworlds are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
2. Dropping a Homeworld "shell" into the Homeworlds line gives script error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:90: attempt to call global 'addHomeworldDB' (a nil value)". This may be due to lack of data (Bugs #1).
3. Created and duplicated Careers are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
4. Created Careers have the "Qualification" and "Assignments:" headers overlapping the same space.
5. The Traits section on new Races has no editable text box.
6. Duplicating a Psi Ability does not give the lock/unlock option (however, creating a new entry does.)
7. New Psi Talents do not have data entry locations for the "Reach" or "PSI Cost" headers. Additionally, locking and unlocking the entry subsequently removes the headers altogether. (You can get them back by closing and reopening the Ability.) I'm not sure what goes in the PSI Talent box when editing a new Ability. Dragging the Psionic Talents from the book reference does nothing and typing the Talent type into it does nothing. Without being able to edit a duplicated entry I can't see the formatting of that entry.

I believe that is all for now. I don't want you to think I'm being negative. I really do love this rule set and am very glad you have created it. I just want to do my part in making it better because I love the game and want to see it flourish.

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2019, 16:14
Do you have a posted to-do list? I hate to start mentioning stuff you already have in the queue. I'm sure most of these are in the works toward your finished product.

TO-DO
1. Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet.
2. Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied.
3. Careers will drop into the Career History section.
4. Homeworlds will drop into the Homeworld line. (I'm sure this is functional but see Bugs #2.)
5. Dropping a Skill into the Skills section should create specialties. Minimally, listed specialties in the Skill text should be links that can be dragged to the Skills section if applicable.

BUGS
1. Created Homeworlds are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
2. Dropping a Homeworld "shell" into the Homeworlds line gives script error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:90: attempt to call global 'addHomeworldDB' (a nil value)". This may be due to lack of data (Bugs #1).
3. Created and duplicated Careers are non-editable. They need the lock/unlock option so that you can add data to a created item.
4. Created Careers have the "Qualification" and "Assignments:" headers overlapping the same space.
5. The Traits section on new Races has no editable text box.
6. Duplicating a Psi Ability does not give the lock/unlock option (however, creating a new entry does.)
7. New Psi Talents do not have data entry locations for the "Reach" or "PSI Cost" headers. Additionally, locking and unlocking the entry subsequently removes the headers altogether. (You can get them back by closing and reopening the Ability.) I'm not sure what goes in the PSI Talent box when editing a new Ability. Dragging the Psionic Talents from the book reference does nothing and typing the Talent type into it does nothing. Without being able to edit a duplicated entry I can't see the formatting of that entry.

I believe that is all for now. I don't want you to think I'm being negative. I really do love this rule set and am very glad you have created it. I just want to do my part in making it better because I love the game and want to see it flourish.

Hi Chap,

I do have a To-do list, it's not public yet as it'll be like 1E, I'll post my plans for that update, though I'm going to create an FAQ with a possible todo section.

About the bugs, thanks for mentioning these. I'm doing bug fixes tomorrow so I'll look into them.

Homeworlds are not in MGT2E, though I left a lot of the code in just in case. I'll fix that issue for you.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to list these, that's ace of you.

Cheers,
MBM

garrion_sw
September 21st, 2019, 16:34
Homeworlds are not in MGT2E, though I left a lot of the code in just in case. I'll fix that issue for you.

They are in the Companion, though that may be a nice supplement down the road. It also adds some alternate Characteristics but I wouldn't expect for you to account for those since they are not in a FG product yet. Making manual entries would be appreciated though. Thanks again for your hard work.

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2019, 16:38
They are in the Companion, though that may be a nice supplement down the road. It also adds some alternate Characteristics but I wouldn't expect for you to account for those since they are not in a FG product yet. Making manual entries would be appreciated though. Thanks again for your hard work.

The Core books are going to be done in that order, I think Companion is Book 5. However, I've added some features from it already, for example, Characteristics above 15. I need to give it a good read (I need to pick up the printed edition) and see what other 'easy' things are there, so what I'll do is read up on the Homeworlds part and make it work like that.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
September 21st, 2019, 16:41
I'd love to see the Traveller Companion added in the future but am more interested in High Guard and starship construction.

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2019, 16:47
I'd love to see the Traveller Companion added in the future but am more interested in High Guard and starship construction.

'Central Supply Catalogue' is next up, it's already underway.

'High Guard' will follow, already a lot of thought and internal conversations with FG on how best to do it, I believe one of the new Devs is going to add a basic Vehicle feature into CoreRPG which we can sub-class or something similar. Starship Construction will be the first part, then Starship Combat will follow. This then leads in the Vehicle book and everything should be in place for that.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
September 21st, 2019, 17:05
I have to chip in for MBM here. He has done a great job here and we tested this hard (a long list of fixed things proves this), still, you can't get them all. If we woulda kept testing, you wouldn't yet have the thing in your hands. So I apologize upfront for all I missed. That is on me.
And thank you for finding all I missed, guys. This community is really awesome.
��

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2019, 17:09
I have to chip in for MBM here. He has done a great job here and we tested this hard (a long list of fixed things proves this), still, you can't get them all. If we woulda kept testing, you wouldn't yet have the thing in your hands. So I apologize upfront for all I missed. That is on me.
��

It's not on your head chap. Bugs occur, they're pesky little things that hide, and for every one found and fixed makes things easier to support. You did an ace job, the amount of data going into the ruleset is huge and you checked all of it!

esmdev
September 22nd, 2019, 05:25
��

In my intro to programming class back in the 80s my professor told me that in general internal testing will get around 90% of the bugs. Most of the remaining bugs are likely to be found when the users come along and try things in ways you didn't expect them to do. Many of the things that are being found are more personal use things or small things that might easily go unnoticed. The whole ruleset is a gigantic leap forward. Everyone involved deserves kudos. :)

LordNanoc
September 22nd, 2019, 09:37
Thanks guys. Now my posting looks oddly like fishing for compliments ��

chumbly
September 22nd, 2019, 11:13
In my intro to programming class back in the 80s my professor told me that in general internal testing will get around 90% of the bugs. Most of the remaining bugs are likely to be found when the users come along and try things in ways you didn't expect them to do. Many of the things that are being found are more personal use things or small things that might easily go unnoticed. The whole ruleset is a gigantic leap forward. Everyone involved deserves kudos. :)

My experience of decades of being a software engineer is like most University Professors, he is wildly optimistic. My experience is that internal
testing(even vigorous internal testing ) will at best maybe get 60%. There is a real blindspot that internal developers have, both to be focused on what they expected to be how it was used, and not understanding how non-developers would actually use the product. Ego Based pride of development causes many internal developers to miss bugs.. because sub-consciously they are too proud of particular features of a product. It is one of the arguments for large beta's.

Sometimes, in trying to be "complete" internal testers, the developers build such massive and complex test plans, that they never complete them or it completely misses the big picture items. I once worked for a large Mass. Defense Company(hint it builds things that shoot into the air and causes other things in the air to fall down), that had an English subsidiary that delivered a "test plan" for a menu design IDE program, that was 6 feet tall above, the desk, when it got printed out.
Not one part of it got tested, the project was canceled after years of development before a single page of that test plan was tested.

In another case, I worked for a database development company(no longer in business), that had 20 testers working for 2 years measuring every pop-up box placement pixel location on a screen, examing the font and color fields of every menu etc. But shortly after product release, the company collapsed, because this "well tested" database software had a 50% chance of having the wrong answer when SQL queries were executed. So they tested all the minute items, like for example pixel placment of popups, but missed the "Big Picture" item of does the damn thing actually work.

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2019, 15:58
All,

Working on Bugs again tonight, when I finish it in the week I'll put full details here, trying to sort out the 'script' bugs (ie shows an error on the console) first and then onto the other bits.

Cheers,
MBM

garrion_sw
October 8th, 2019, 03:06
Sorry MBM, one more bug. This one may be tricky. When popping an image out to full screen mode it falls behind several screen components that it should not, most troubling is that one of these is the top border which then makes it inaccessible to reduce or increase into full screen. The other components that should be behind it in the middle docked mode are the Traveller logo in the bottom right and the decals. Screen cap attached.

Thanks

PS. I tested this with several other rulesets to see if it was a v3.3.9 issue vs ruleset issue and everything was fine in the other rulesets.

esmdev
October 8th, 2019, 04:39
Have you tried it without the enhanced images extension? The first thing I have learned to do when something is amiss is to disable all the extensions I'm using and then if it works correctly add the extensions one by one until it blows up...

garrion_sw
October 8th, 2019, 23:38
Good call esmdev, but yes it is fundamental to the ruleset and not related to any extensions. I have already covered those bases.

MadBeardMan
October 9th, 2019, 08:19
Sorry MBM, one more bug. This one may be tricky. When popping an image out to full screen mode it falls behind several screen components that it should not, most troubling is that one of these is the top border which then makes it inaccessible to reduce or increase into full screen. The other components that should be behind it in the middle docked mode are the Traveller logo in the bottom right and the decals. Screen cap attached.

Thanks

PS. I tested this with several other rulesets to see if it was a v3.3.9 issue vs ruleset issue and everything was fine in the other rulesets.

Hi Chap,

I noticed this last week, but didn't think much of it as was working on something else. There's nothing special in the ruleset for that, what I'll do is turn off the theme and see if that is the reason (and then see how to address it).

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 10th, 2019, 20:21
Folks,

It was a Theme issue, been fixed, will get it up to Smiteworks over the weekend.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
October 20th, 2019, 02:40
We made some characters this evening and were goofing around with the system, seems to be functioning really well.

One thing we noted is that the languages do not seem to be working quite right. The Ref entered a bunch of languages and we took one Language (Aslan) for instance. The Ref can talk in any of the languages, but the language does not show as available to the player, even if we use the exact same case as the Ref did.

MadBeardMan
October 20th, 2019, 11:07
We made some characters this evening and were goofing around with the system, seems to be functioning really well.

One thing we noted is that the languages do not seem to be working quite right. The Ref entered a bunch of languages and we took one Language (Aslan) for instance. The Ref can talk in any of the languages, but the language does not show as available to the player, even if we use the exact same case as the Ref did.

Ok I'll check it out, I think Languages only take effect from the start of a campaign, can't remember, let me look into it.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 20th, 2019, 22:40
Hi.

So we did an MGT2 session with the Ref using the Marooned on Marduk. No extensions or themes, just MGT2 and the module.

The first thing we noticed is when a PC is added to the combat tracker the default STR, DEX and END scores are 0. The same characters added to the party sheet show the correct values. Also NPCs added from the module also show the correct values in the combat tracker. Also the Ref was unable to change the numbers manually so everything started 0 and combat wasn't really resolvable as PCs were insta-killed on any hit.

I also think that it should be possible for Refs to alter scores in the event of an accidental unintended or extra click on the damage rolls so as to be able to remove erroneous damage.

The second thing is the Ref reported an error while moving the initial items (personal survival kit) to the party sheet.

Everything seemed to work despite the error, maybe some item didn't get transferred over, not really sure.

I'm not sure but is the presence of Jack of all Trades supposed to automatically reduce the Untrained Skill roll? We're just clicking the appropriate DM modifier button at the moment but wasn't sure if that's the intended method.

Also, the core psionic talents are not all in the list of psionic talents. The powers which are auto-attached to the psionic talents are listed but I think shouldn't be listed and simply added to the action tab when the associated talent is selected. So based on my read of the manual the only selectable talents should be Awareness, Clairvoyance, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation. The powers which are associated should be added to the action tab when one of these is selected, but those are the only abilities that should be selected. I might have mis-read but that seems to be the intent.

Finally, we were thinking that since the Personal Survival Kits were like a pack sort of situation that it might be useful for you to consider adding that functionality to the ruleset like in 5E. Not sure how easy/hard that would be but would be useful for that sort of situation.

Due to the combat situation we spent most of the session roleplaying but that's fine. Hopefully that can be addressed or you can give us some solution we didn't notice. :)

esmdev

MadBeardMan
October 20th, 2019, 23:25
Hi.

So we did an MGT2 session with the Ref using the Marooned on Marduk. No extensions or themes, just MGT2 and the module.

The first thing we noticed is when a PC is added to the combat tracker the default STR, DEX and END scores are 0. The same characters added to the party sheet show the correct values. Also NPCs added from the module also show the correct values in the combat tracker. Also the Ref was unable to change the numbers manually so everything started 0 and combat wasn't really resolvable as PCs were insta-killed on any hit.

I also think that it should be possible for Refs to alter scores in the event of an accidental unintended or extra click on the damage rolls so as to be able to remove erroneous damage.

The second thing is the Ref reported an error while moving the initial items (personal survival kit) to the party sheet.

Everything seemed to work despite the error, maybe some item didn't get transferred over, not really sure.

I'm not sure but is the presence of Jack of all Trades supposed to automatically reduce the Untrained Skill roll? We're just clicking the appropriate DM modifier button at the moment but wasn't sure if that's the intended method.

Also, the core psionic talents are not all in the list of psionic talents. The powers which are auto-attached to the psionic talents are listed but I think shouldn't be listed and simply added to the action tab when the associated talent is selected. So based on my read of the manual the only selectable talents should be Awareness, Clairvoyance, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation. The powers which are associated should be added to the action tab when one of these is selected, but those are the only abilities that should be selected. I might have mis-read but that seems to be the intent.

Finally, we were thinking that since the Personal Survival Kits were like a pack sort of situation that it might be useful for you to consider adding that functionality to the ruleset like in 5E. Not sure how easy/hard that would be but would be useful for that sort of situation.

Due to the combat situation we spent most of the session roleplaying but that's fine. Hopefully that can be addressed or you can give us some solution we didn't notice. :)

esmdev

Hi Esmdev,

Thanks for letting me know about these things chap.

Each PC needs to check their 'Current Values' are correct after the character has been built, this is because it doesn't update them unless you click the 'reset to max', because if the End (or other attributes are 0) that could have been done due to some damage, and if you changed your End to (say) 7 from 6, you wouldn't want the End to change from 0 to 7 if it was down to 0. I hope you understand.

So about the 'error' - I found it, it's because in the CashOnHand has 'Cr'? ie Cr2500, if you remove the Cr is will not error, though I found another error if PC's didn't have any money on hand (I don't use the PS sheet, so probably didn't test it - sorry!)

The Jack of Trades should reduce the Untrained Skill Roll for PC's, I've never looked at it for NPC's. *** I just tested it, it's not working for some reason, I'll fix it *** >--- FIXED, will be on the next update

Next thing, 'The Core Psionics Talents are not all in the list of psionic talent' - what do you mean? All the psionics abilities should be there, which ones are missing?

Last thing about the pack thing, I play DnD but don't run it, so tell me how it should work and I could probably make it the same. I personally don't use the PS sheet, so if I can make it better then do let me know. When I ran this adventure when each Player got the Survival Kits, I dragged each one onto each PC's inventory sheet and it split it all up nicely.

Anyway, I'll fix the error this week.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 21st, 2019, 01:25
Hi. Great news on the Current values! You saved our next session. :)

On the core psionic talents, they should only be Awareness, Clairvoyance, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation. These are the only things that a player can select and the only part of the psionic system that has skill ranks that can be rolled.

Once a character has a talent there are a number of connected powers that all become available. As it stands, half of the talents do not seem to be available but many of the powers which cannot be taken individually are listed.

Hope this clears it up, the psionic system is kind of odd the way it works.

On the packs system we'll try your way and see before we get too crazy into this because it might work better your way anyways.

MadBeardMan
October 21st, 2019, 09:21
Hi. Great news on the Current values! You saved our next session. :)

On the core psionic talents, they should only be Awareness, Clairvoyance, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation. These are the only things that a player can select and the only part of the psionic system that has skill ranks that can be rolled.

Once a character has a talent there are a number of connected powers that all become available. As it stands, half of the talents do not seem to be available but many of the powers which cannot be taken individually are listed.

Hope this clears it up, the psionic system is kind of odd the way it works.

On the packs system we'll try your way and see before we get too crazy into this because it might work better your way anyways.

Hey Esmdev and thanks again for the super quick response. Looking at you're from California I would think you're probably in bed, but I'll answer anyway so this can be here upon your return.

Here's a screen-shot of the available Talents, you can see all of them are there, along with all the abilities associated with a talent.

So I'm pretty confused as to why your Ref has half of them missing.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 21st, 2019, 12:58
Ok. I figured it out. I guess we were using the library psi-abilities list from the top section of the library, not realizing that there was a psionic talents are access through the core rules module directly. Took me a bit to find it, but I'll pass it on so and there will be much rejoicing. So another problem is not really a problem, which is a great thing. :)

You'd be surprised how happy the group was to learn that the combat tracker issue was something we were doing (or not doing) and it wasn't a bug that would need to be fixed.

MadBeardMan
October 21st, 2019, 14:48
Ok. I figured it out. I guess we were using the library psi-abilities list from the top section of the library, not realizing that there was a psionic talents are access through the core rules module directly. Took me a bit to find it, but I'll pass it on so and there will be much rejoicing. So another problem is not really a problem, which is a great thing. :)

You'd be surprised how happy the group was to learn that the combat tracker issue was something we were doing (or not doing) and it wasn't a bug that would need to be fixed.

Hi Chap,

Yea there's no Talent List, it's quite a bit of work to add in a new class just to show 5 things, it's why in the PSI abilities you can filter by talent, and if you drag an ability into the PSI Tab on the toon sheet, it will auto add the correct Talent and then all the Abilities will appear on the list.

As for the combat tracker, thanks for letting me know your group was happy, the new update allows Robots to be created (for the Central Supply Catalogue), plus I've added images to all the equipment (learned how to do that as well from the CSC stuff).

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 21st, 2019, 15:25
Hi Chap,

Yea there's no Talent List, it's quite a bit of work to add in a new class just to show 5 things, it's why in the PSI abilities you can filter by talent, and if you drag an ability into the PSI Tab on the toon sheet, it will auto add the correct Talent and then all the Abilities will appear on the list.

As for the combat tracker, thanks for letting me know your group was happy, the new update allows Robots to be created (for the Central Supply Catalogue), plus I've added images to all the equipment (learned how to do that as well from the CSC stuff).

Cheers,
MBM

Now that I know where to find the talents everything is good. Both of those (the value reset on startup and location of talents) might be a good addition to your FAQ thread. Oh and also the don't put Cr and , in the cash column. Not sure but is it possible to just make that an integer only value, I admit I'm not sure how character sheet data entry works on the back end.

Anyways, the ruleset is a thousand times improved from the 1E release and that is heap loads of awesomesauce. :)

MadBeardMan
October 21st, 2019, 16:17
Now that I know where to find the talents everything is good. Both of those (the value reset on startup and location of talents) might be a good addition to your FAQ thread. Oh and also the don't put Cr and , in the cash column. Not sure but is it possible to just make that an integer only value, I admit I'm not sure how character sheet data entry works on the back end.

Anyways, the ruleset is a thousand times improved from the 1E release and that is heap loads of awesomesauce. :)

I've fixed the Cash On Hand, it allows both the Cr and non-Cr to be used. I've popped advice on the Current Values in the FAQ, in a future update all characteristics will be in the Actions Tab, and I'm planning how to fit in the new ones from the Companion book as well (for when that arrives).

Thanks for your kind words, in the new year my only focus will be on Traveller and RuneQuest, the occasional DnD book, or CoC book might be done, but on the whole it's MGT2 for me.... until 2300AD drops then working on that!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 27th, 2019, 02:12
So in this morning's game we had a minor problem. The Ref added a weapon to an NPC that we couldn't get to fire clicking the normal hit box in the combat tracker. We moved on and fudged around it until I could test after the game. I should mention the Ref is using Marooned on Marduk. Anyways in testing I determined that he somehow added the weapon while the NPC record was locked and it was added but unusable. If we unlocked the record, deleted and readded the weapon it then worked perfectly.

esmdev
October 27th, 2019, 02:14
Oh also Runequest!!! :) Not to derail the thread but what version are you planning?

MadBeardMan
October 27th, 2019, 12:33
So in this morning's game we had a minor problem. The Ref added a weapon to an NPC that we couldn't get to fire clicking the normal hit box in the combat tracker. We moved on and fudged around it until I could test after the game. I should mention the Ref is using Marooned on Marduk. Anyways in testing I determined that he somehow added the weapon while the NPC record was locked and it was added but unusable. If we unlocked the record, deleted and readded the weapon it then worked perfectly.

Morning,

Thanks letting me know about this, but I have some good news (I hope!).

Check here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51325-MGT2-v1-0-2

It's already fixed, should be released on Tuesday as it was on TEST last week.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 27th, 2019, 12:35
Oh also Runequest!!! :) Not to derail the thread but what version are you planning?

Not VtM is finished, I can get back on RQ (the latest version) 'RuneQuest - Roleplaying in Glorantha' (a few CoC books to finish as well know).

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 27th, 2019, 15:52
Glad to hear about the fix and Runequest.

While I was entering some worlds, I noticed that the SubSector pulldown at the bottom doesn't update until you close and re-open the campaign. It's not really a big deal but figured I'd note it.

Also being able to drop in the UWP is fantastic! :)

One suggestion (if you have some free time) would be to auto-fill the trade codes from the UWP at the same time. It would would reduce data entry time by a little bit, especially if entering multiple SubSectors.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2019, 12:45
Glad to hear about the fix and Runequest.

While I was entering some worlds, I noticed that the SubSector pulldown at the bottom doesn't update until you close and re-open the campaign. It's not really a big deal but figured I'd note it.

Also being able to drop in the UWP is fantastic! :)

One suggestion (if you have some free time) would be to auto-fill the trade codes from the UWP at the same time. It would would reduce data entry time by a little bit, especially if entering multiple SubSectors.

Hi Esmdev,

So the issue with SubSector, how were you expecting it to update? Can you talk me through the expected behaviour please.

The UWP is a bit of a pain, but I just had a grand idea so I'm going to try something in a bit. We all know the first 4 can be hex (so I can check for that) the next 7 are the world data, then it's star port, and depending on what version of the UWP you expect to use, it's then trade codes, travel codes, other, system etc.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
October 30th, 2019, 13:06
Hi.

So what is was thinking is when we input the UWP, and then you parse it to put the info into the individual boxes (like Fairport, size, population, etc), then you could go one step further and auto fill the trade code box towards the bottom as well. Since the UWP data is now broken into its individual components the numbers needed to calculate trade codes are already available.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2019, 13:30
Hi.

So what is was thinking is when we input the UWP, and then you parse it to put the info into the individual boxes (like Fairport, size, population, etc), then you could go one step further and auto fill the trade code box towards the bottom as well. Since the UWP data is now broken into its individual components the numbers needed to calculate trade codes are already available.

Yea, I already did that for MGT1 but in MGT2 they've dropped the hex code and if people copy the UWP from TravellerMaps then it causes a bit of a mess, there might appear to be consistency but there isn't.

So what I'm doing now is breaking it into individual sections, ie if the first four are Hex, that's the hex code, the next 8 (9 including the hypen), then the rest is one chunk and I'll split that into each series of letters, ie I should get Z, Ni, Ag, G and I could say the 'Z' is a base (I'll compare it), the 'Ni and Ag' are Trade codes and the 'G' is a Travel code, it should work.

I'll know in about 30 minutes,
Cheers
MBM

esmdev
October 30th, 2019, 17:33
I wrote a web app way way back in the day when I was learning vb-script and classic asp...

This was the section I used to write all of the world information into an access database. It took the Hex value, converted it to decimal and then did all of the trade code calculations and some other things in preparation to write the system info to the database. It is written for T4 so some stuff is irrelevant but hopefully the idea behind it might be helpful.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2019, 17:42
I wrote a web app way way back in the day when I was learning vb-script and classic asp...

This was the section I used to write all of the world information into an access database. It took the Hex value, converted it to decimal and then did all of the trade code calculations and some other things in preparation to write the system info to the database. It is written for T4 so some stuff is irrelevant but hopefully the idea behind it might be helpful.

Hi Esmdev,

Rather than doing what I was meant to be doing (!) I've re-written the World UWP parser and I'm much happier with it.

It supports Hex Code (or not), World Data, Bases, Trade Codes and then Travel Code.

I've given it a good test, but I'll send it to test tomorrow for others to break.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 30th, 2019, 17:58
Sounds awesome. :) look forward to seeing how it works.

esmdev
November 4th, 2019, 03:11
Hi. While making some characters this evening we noticed the navy enlisted ranks were using the merchant table instead of the navy table. It includes the ranks and skills.

LordNanoc
November 4th, 2019, 08:20
Hi. While making some characters this evening we noticed the navy enlisted ranks were using the merchant table instead of the navy table. It includes the ranks and skills.

Fascinating. I found that before and MBM had that one corrected already. I hope we're not on an old version here 🧐

esmdev
November 4th, 2019, 15:17
Fascinating. I found that before and MBM had that one corrected already. I hope we're not on an old version here ��

The version in chat indicates v1.0.2. Sometimes old stuff creeps in to new stuff when your back is turned. Should be easy to repair. If you remember anything else you saw around that point in time maybe you could spot check some of them to be sure it is only that one table.

So far things seem pretty well edited and tested, so it's all good. :)

LordNanoc
November 4th, 2019, 18:45
Na, you would have stumbled over them. There were mixups like that in the navy skills as well, so if you didn't notice anything there I am sure, it's just something minor that has refaced.
I sent MBM the old testprotocols again. I am sure this is fixed soon. He is after all a wizard of code ��

MadBeardMan
November 9th, 2019, 14:25
Na, you would have stumbled over them. There were mixups like that in the navy skills as well, so if you didn't notice anything there I am sure, it's just something minor that has refaced.
I sent MBM the old testprotocols again. I am sure this is fixed soon. He is after all a wizard of code ��

And those mixups - never re-appear as such, what they do is hide and wait. It's like when you post a message, or send an email. When you check before you send you see everything is correctly spelt and grammar perfect. Soon as it's gone, and then you get a reply and see your original message you wonder how so many wrongly spelt words and missing connecting words there were!

This'll be done this weekend.

Huzzah
MBM

LordNanoc
November 9th, 2019, 15:43
@MBM ... the part with the spelling made me laugh :D

MadBeardMan
November 9th, 2019, 20:31

And fixed, will be sent this weekend as it's the Ref Manual and not the ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 10th, 2019, 19:48
Hi. In the reference manual the Noble career incorrectly lists a commission roll. Nothing else to report after this morning's game.

LordNanoc
November 11th, 2019, 17:47
It's still mysterious. We had all the careers sorted out. They were correct. Strangely, errors are showing up, that have been corrected for sure. But not all of them.
Doesn't seem logical.

esmdev
November 11th, 2019, 18:36
It's still mysterious. We had all the careers sorted out. They were correct. Strangely, errors are showing up, that have been corrected for sure. But not all of them.
Doesn't seem logical.

Usually when one thing creeps in other things likely creep in with it. We've not really noticed many problems and none of them were game breaking, mostly just text and not system, so that's pretty good.

We're sometimes so lose with our games that we're probably not noticing errors even if we see them so it's all good. :)

MadBeardMan
November 12th, 2019, 09:19
Usually when one thing creeps in other things likely creep in with it. We've not really noticed many problems and none of them were game breaking, mostly just text and not system, so that's pretty good.

We're sometimes so lose with our games that we're probably not noticing errors even if we see them so it's all good. :)

These text issues are odd, the ref manual is actually a text file that's then read and exported as an XML file for FG. The text file is under source control and it's saying these issue have always been there, so it could be that wall of text thing, you see so much text you spot 50% and not the other 50%.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 03:02
Hi. This evening while testing some random stuff I noticed that an unskilled roll with Jack-of-all-Trades 4 or higher will apply a positive to the unskilled test. If the skill is above 3 nothing should be added.

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 14:11
Hi. Navy career mustering benefit option 1 (reference): Personal Vehicle of Ship Share. The of should be or. The table is correct, just reference manual.

MadBeardMan
November 13th, 2019, 14:25
Hi. Navy career mustering benefit option 1 (reference): Personal Vehicle of Ship Share. The of should be or. The table is correct, just reference manual.

Hi. This evening while testing some random stuff I noticed that an unskilled roll with Jack-of-all-Trades 4 or higher will apply a positive to the unskilled test. If the skill is above 3 nothing should be added.

I'll fix these in 1.0.3

Cheers!
MBM

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 14:51
Hi.

I was also noticing that it doesn't recalculate the characteristic modifiers in skills if the value changes on the main tab or the action tab. For instance, on the action tab if I manually change an 9 dex to an 8 dex the skills don't recalculate. Or if I increase dex from a 8 to a 9 on the main tab it also doesn't recalculate. I can scroll through the characteristic options dex back around to dex and it will recalculate but this can get kind of tedious if it has to be redone every time the characteristic value changes enough to change a modifier.

So I guess I'm wondering if this is a bug (I thought it was recalculating sometime back but might have been mistaken) or if it is working as intended and I need to remind my players to recalculate when things change around.

MadBeardMan
November 13th, 2019, 14:54
Hi.

I was also noticing that it doesn't recalculate the characteristic modifiers in skills if the value changes on the main tab or the action tab. For instance, on the action tab if I manually change an 9 dex to an 8 dex the skills don't recalculate. Or if I increase dex from a 8 to a 9 on the main tab it also doesn't recalculate. I can scroll through the characteristic options dex back around to dex and it will recalculate but this can get kind of tedious if it has to be redone every time the characteristic value changes enough to change a modifier.

So I guess I'm wondering if this is a bug (I thought it was recalculating sometime back but might have been mistaken) or if it is working as intended and I need to remind my players to recalculate when things change around.

How often are their Characteristics changed? My players rarely have there's changed.

It's quite hard to make it update the skill list but it can be done, as I'll add it onto the MGT2 Todo list.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51096-MGT2-Todo-List

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 15:50
How often are their Characteristics changed? My players rarely have there's changed.

It's quite hard to make it update the skill list but it can be done, as I'll add it onto the MGT2 Todo list.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51096-MGT2-Todo-List

Cheers,
MBM

Hi, the most often changes are temporary to STR, DEX and END because of damage sustained or recovered which have the potential to happen regularly.

MadBeardMan
November 13th, 2019, 15:54
Hi, the most often changes are temporary to STR, DEX and END because of damage sustained or recovered which have the potential to happen regularly.

Ok I understand, in the near future I'm updating the 'Wound Tracker' (as I call it) to have all the stats available for damage/changing etc. It's a request from another player.

Soon as I've done that, I'll link the skills stats then to the 'Wound Tracker' mod levels, that'll solve your issue/need? I'll try and do that in 1.0.3, I want to code freeze next week so it's out at the end of this month.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 16:08
Sounds great.

MadBeardMan
November 13th, 2019, 16:10
Sounds great.

Thanks chap, and thanks for your posts. If you didn't post they'd only get sorted when I run into them, my game is going to start up again soon, Pirates of Drinax...

esmdev
November 13th, 2019, 17:30
One of the games we're running is Pirates too. :)

BTW, while I was goofing off with the Psion rules again I noticed that the psi mod updates when the psi mod changes on the main tab. Maybe the same code would work for the skills?

MadBeardMan
November 15th, 2019, 18:29
One of the games we're running is Pirates too. :)

BTW, while I was goofing off with the Psion rules again I noticed that the psi mod updates when the psi mod changes on the main tab. Maybe the same code would work for the skills?

Yep I got the Psion bit working using some magic and potions, so yes, I'll be re-using that code, making it generic so can just pass in the value to check and the object to link, or some-such.

MGT2 v1.0.3. should be completed 22nd/23rd so should hit before the end of the month, then it's onto 1.1.0 for Central Supply Catalogue.

Cheers,
MBM

PhilAdams
November 18th, 2019, 06:29
First off, thank you so much for working on this project. Traveller will always have a special place in my heart, and I really like what's been done with 2e. :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here goes.

For Initiative (on the Actions tab), no number shows up in the field for the die roll. It seems to default to the DEX mod, but it should be doing a function to take the higher of DEX/INT (and it would seem like it would be better to show whichever value in that field).

"INITIATIVE
At the start of any combat, every Traveller makes either
a DEX or INT check (it pays to be quick of hand or quick
of the mind)."

I think you're already working on this one, but on the Actions tab, if weapons are added to the PC before skills are finalized, the skill modifier doesn't update.

Once again, thanks so much for this great product!

esmdev
November 18th, 2019, 16:51
I guess to follow-up on the initiative questions, is there a way to factor the effect of a tactics check into the initiative results?

MadBeardMan
November 21st, 2019, 17:48
First off, thank you so much for working on this project. Traveller will always have a special place in my heart, and I really like what's been done with 2e. :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here goes.

For Initiative (on the Actions tab), no number shows up in the field for the die roll. It seems to default to the DEX mod, but it should be doing a function to take the higher of DEX/INT (and it would seem like it would be better to show whichever value in that field).

"INITIATIVE
At the start of any combat, every Traveller makes either
a DEX or INT check (it pays to be quick of hand or quick
of the mind)."

I think you're already working on this one, but on the Actions tab, if weapons are added to the PC before skills are finalized, the skill modifier doesn't update.

Once again, thanks so much for this great product!

Hello,

Nice question, maybe allow the Character to select which Stat they want to use for the CT Init roll, by having a drop down on the Action Tab next to the Init box, INT or DEX?

Cheers,
MBM

I guess to follow-up on the initiative questions, is there a way to factor the effect of a tactics check into the initiative results?

Not at the moment, which is why there's a Init Mod field within the CT to allow you to have an effect. It's possible when an init roll is made, I can scan all the PC's in the CT and auto apply the highest tactics level, thinking aloud though, shouldn't be too hard....

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 21st, 2019, 20:56
Hello,

Not at the moment, which is why there's a Init Mod field within the CT to allow you to have an effect. It's possible when an init roll is made, I can scan all the PC's in the CT and auto apply the highest tactics level, thinking aloud though, shouldn't be too hard....

Cheers,
MBM

The tactics roll applies the effect as a modifier to initiative. So it is probably best if we just use the mod column which I am somehow just noticing now that you brought it up... :)

LordNanoc
November 22nd, 2019, 14:53
Another thing or two rumbling in my head ...

1st:
atm every "to hit" roll is average difficulty. And this might actually be, what Mongoose intended, as they write in their 2E rulebook:
"[...] The Traveller declares he is going to attack and selects
a target. The target may then choose a Reaction. The
Traveller then makes an appropriate skill check and, as
normal for any Average skill check, if he scores 8+, the
attack is successful and damage is dealt to the target [...]"

But if this is true, how do you work in difficult situations, i.e. with a lot of movement or range or something else, that makes it difficult to hit the target?

2nd:
During combat, in the chat window of the player, you can read the armour of your opponent. Now I know from a D&D campaign I'm in (also using FG), that this is not displayed there and their reasoning is, that it might enable "meta play". You don't always know the armour (or in D&D armour class) of your opponent. Do you think, this should be left out, or otherwise be selectable in the options (if that is possible -> looking over @MBM)?

esmdev
November 22nd, 2019, 15:53
1st: I generally assign modifiers for the players based on whatever it says in the various books. Like for instance, Aim provides a +1 to hit based on the number of minor actions applied up to 6. Usually they just aim and shoot so I just say apply a +1. Or whatever the appropriate modifiers are for whatever is going on.

2nd: I agree, I think it should be option selective for players to see the armour rating of an opponent. I do want to see it as a GM but I'd like to be able to set it off for players, but I also know that some people would rather leave it on so definitely an option.

MadBeardMan
November 23rd, 2019, 13:50
1st: I generally assign modifiers for the players based on whatever it says in the various books. Like for instance, Aim provides a +1 to hit based on the number of minor actions applied up to 6. Usually they just aim and shoot so I just say apply a +1. Or whatever the appropriate modifiers are for whatever is going on.

2nd: I agree, I think it should be option selective for players to see the armour rating of an opponent. I do want to see it as a GM but I'd like to be able to set it off for players, but I also know that some people would rather leave it on so definitely an option.

I'll add it as a game option. I did the chat window to show the sums mostly to prove the end result, now if we're all happy it's accurate I can hide it. There's a nice armour update coming to v1.1 for the CSC book, because all the new weapon traits and armour traits I thought I'd update it all and make it simpler.

Cheers

sjard
November 27th, 2019, 01:24
Fairly minor thing, but the deck plan for the Far Trader is the deck plan for the Free Trader (I know they're quite similar, but in this case they're the same map, and there is a difference). One way to tell the difference is that the Free Trader deck plan has a legend 1-4, and the Far Trader has a legend 1-5. There's also a small corner cut out towards the back end of the map for the Far Trader deck plan.

I'd probably have to take it up with mongoose themselves as to why they list a Type A variant as a Type A2 instead of using an actual Type A2. (This is in the print/pdf versions as well so not an FG version issue).

esmdev
November 27th, 2019, 02:01
Fairly minor thing, but the deck plan for the Far Trader is the deck plan for the Free Trader (I know they're quite similar, but in this case they're the same map, and there is a difference). One way to tell the difference is that the Free Trader deck plan has a legend 1-4, and the Far Trader has a legend 1-5. There's also a small corner cut out towards the back end of the map for the Far Trader deck plan.

I'd probably have to take it up with mongoose themselves as to why they list a Type A variant as a Type A2 instead of using an actual Type A2. (This is in the print/pdf versions as well so not an FG version issue).

The A2 also has the passenger commons in the back and the A in the front (these are both copies of the A). It's possible that MBM just duplicated the same image. It's really easy to do when you're looking at ships that look almost identical.

To be honest, I'm not sure why they didn't use the Marava in the main book so that the Free and Far would be different enough at a glance.

MadBeardMan
November 27th, 2019, 09:38
The A2 also has the passenger commons in the back and the A in the front (these are both copies of the A). It's possible that MBM just duplicated the same image. It's really easy to do when you're looking at ships that look almost identical.

To be honest, I'm not sure why they didn't use the Marava in the main book so that the Free and Far would be different enough at a glance.

When the images 'come' to me, they're named 'XXXX-XXXXX.jpg' so it's down to me to rename them something more suitable. This is my mistake, and oddly, I thought I double checked all of the maps. I do have the older 2d maps almost ready to add as well, I'll make sure I get this issue sorted in 1.0.3 which is almost finished.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
December 3rd, 2019, 13:49
... oddly, I thought I double checked all of the maps...

Yep, you did. And I did, too. Some things keep popping up, that are a tad strange.

esmdev
December 3rd, 2019, 17:51
Yep, you did. And I did, too. Some things keep popping up, that are a tad strange.

It gives us something to find, and since they are mostly just appearance and wording and not function, that's okay. :)

esmdev
December 8th, 2019, 22:52
I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design. In the mustering benefits table does not allow players to apply modifiers to the table rolls. You can click the bottom left and that will work but they have to remember to keep adding it. Being able to use the table would be preferable because the modifier is retained however many rolls you make.

meachie
December 9th, 2019, 08:39
30761 Entering a modifier into this box allows you to add modifiers on table rolls

esmdev
December 9th, 2019, 12:54
30761 Entering a modifier into this box allows you to add modifiers on table rolls

I was specifically talking about the player side not the referee side. Players cannot enter anything in the window. If I enter a modifier it doesn't change their rolling so the modifier would have to be done on the player side.

MadBeardMan
December 9th, 2019, 15:08
I was specifically talking about the player side not the referee side. Players cannot enter anything in the window. If I enter a modifier it doesn't change their rolling so the modifier would have to be done on the player side.

Only the mod box works out of the 'box', the desktop +1 etc don't work as the code isn't called when rolling tables (desktopModifiers)

esmdev
December 9th, 2019, 15:17
Only the mod box works out of the 'box', the desktop +1 etc don't work as the code isn't called when rolling tables (desktopModifiers)

The mod box on the mustering benefit table of the player client does not allow an entry of any kind. It works fine on the host but not on the client.

If you log on to the host as a player client, click the mustering benefit for any career, and then attempt to enter a modifier it will not let you.

MadBeardMan
December 9th, 2019, 15:20
The mod box on the mustering benefit table of the player client does not allow an entry of any kind. It works fine on the host but not on the client.

If you log on to the host as a player client, click the mustering benefit for any career, and then attempt to enter a modifier it will not let you.

I'm talking about the Modifier Box (bottom left), that works on client/host. The modifier buttons aren't called by either.

Cheers

esmdev
December 9th, 2019, 15:22
I'm talking about the Modifier Box (bottom left), that works on client/host. The modifier buttons aren't called by either.

Cheers

Ah, I see. Gotcha. :) BTW, the table modifiers do work on the host side so I was confused.

MadBeardMan
December 9th, 2019, 15:24
Ah, I see. Gotcha. :) BTW, the table modifiers do work on the host side so I was confused.

It's ok, I might see if Moon Wizard can share some light on making desktop +1 affect tables, but I don't think they do in DnD so probably can't.

esmdev
December 9th, 2019, 15:25
It's ok, I might see if Moon Wizard can share some light on making desktop +1 affect tables, but I don't think they do in DnD so probably can't.

No problem, I can just tell them use the box and if you forget to use the box that's on you. ;)

esmdev
December 10th, 2019, 18:46
Hi. Just got the update this morning and have been playing with it. Looks nice.

I immediately jumped into NPCs. I really like the new functionality.

One thing that I noticed in the new NPC section, if you write in a skill like admin 0, pilot 1 then you can click on it and it will roll it. If you drag the skill over from the skills window it will not let you click on it to roll it.

esmdev
December 10th, 2019, 18:51
Another thing I noticed is the equipment/weapon sections will accept drag and drop from the items menu, but not custom weapons from the items menu.

MadBeardMan
December 15th, 2019, 12:32
Another thing I noticed is the equipment/weapon sections will accept drag and drop from the items menu, but not custom weapons from the items menu.

I'll double check on those skill rolling/clicking - they should be parsing 'the skill/level' on entry.

I'll also double check to see why custom weapons aren't able to be dragged.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
December 21st, 2019, 00:22
I am adding some Pregens to the campaign and I found these issues with Ruleset 2E 1.0.3:

* While Vacc Suit shows correctly in Armour (Main Tab) when I added Subdermal Armour TL10 it is only shown inside Equipment.
* Also I tried adding a Knife Weapon and it did not work. I cannot edit any details. Is it possible to create your own weapons?
* Jack of All Trades did not automatically modify Unskilled Skill. I had to set Level -1 manually to modify Unskilled.
* PSI could be hidden unless you checked a box or something similar? It would remove Stat PSI from showing and Psionics Tab to make charsheet easier?
* Charsheet cannot be expanded horizontally.
* Could Occupation be added? There is Career history but not current Occupation that could be Ex-Scout for example.

Will post if I find something else. Thanks!

MadBeardMan
December 21st, 2019, 00:30
I am adding some Pregens to the campaign and I found these issues with Ruleset 2E 1.0.3:

* While Vacc Suit shows correctly in Armour (Main Tab) when I added Subdermal Armour TL10 it is only shown inside Equipment.
* Also I tried adding a Knife Weapon and it did not work. I cannot edit any details. Is it possible to create your own weapons?
* Jack of All Trades did not automatically modify Unskilled Skill. I had to set Level -1 manually to modify Unskilled.
* PSI could be hidden unless you checked a box or something similar? It would remove Stat PSI from showing and Psionics Tab to make charsheet easier?
* Charsheet cannot be expanded horizontally.
* Could Occupation be added? There is Career history but not current Occupation that could be Ex-Scout for example.

Will post if I find something else. Thanks!

Greetings!

Subdermal armour isn't listed as armour so won't show, it's technically equipment, however for the Central Supply Catalogue I'm updating armour so I'll look into this.
You can add weapons, just create a new item, set the type as 'Weapons' and it will add all the fields
JoaT does not modify the unskilled in the skill window, it modifies the roll.
PSI, yes this can be done I'll look into it
Charsheet, there are no plans to allow it to be expanded at the moment, a new character sheet will be added in the future that will (when I get around to the Companion book)
Occupation, where would you want to see this added, inside the tab below Career History? If so, yes, can do that.

So thanks for all of these, some good ideas!

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
December 21st, 2019, 00:53
You can add weapons, just create a new item, set the type as 'Weapons' and it will add all the fields
JoaT does not modify the unskilled in the skill window, it modifies the roll.
Charsheet, there are no plans to allow it to be expanded at the moment, a new character sheet will be added in the future that will (when I get around to the Companion book)
Occupation, where would you want to see this added, inside the tab below Career History? If so, yes, can do that.

So thanks for all of these, some good ideas!

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you for your quick reply. I add some more details to some issues:
* I can add weapons manually but then they are not shown in Action later... only inside Equipment. I was able to add some Weapon inside Action Tab using some trick but later I was unable to edit it.
* You are rigth about JoaT when I roll it does apply a mod to the roll correctly. But now I have another issue as I set -1 to Level now I cannot edit it back to -3. It cannot be removed and if I drop it over it keeps adding up Levels and no way to drop a blank one? Inside Skill list there is no Unskilled with -3.
* When I mean expand charsheet I meant to use arrows with mouse on border to increase size horizontally. I can do it vertically, just not horizontal to read text like with a long background text it would be usefull.
* Occupation, where you find it easier to add... Career History or Main Additional Info would make sense. I am adding the Pregens from the Starter Box and they included that field. It makes sense to show current occupation for some PCs.

Thank you again for your help!

alfarobl
December 21st, 2019, 01:33
* I was able to fix Unskilled with a trick... I changed name of bad Unskilled and added a new one with right name then set Level to -3 and it got fixed (also I was able to delete now the wrong unskilled).
* Vacc Suit is there any option to disable Encumbrance penalty to apply? I usually don't penalize for wearing clothes and armour, only if they carry it inside a backpack for example. I have a Pregen that is encumbered because of the Vacc Suit, if I disable the weight icon check then it disappears from Armour on Main. Is there an option to disable encumbered penalty?
* Also found that if I uncheck weight on Armour (Vacc Suit) it disappears from Main as it seems not being wear, but if I do the same with Blade it does not disappear from Actions Tab. It should work like that?
* CR Money with long 0s.. maybe it would help if you input 50000 to show 50,000 format instead of so many 0s for money? Visually it would help on Cash on Hand.

Sorry to bother you but I keep adding stuff that I find so I won't forget. Hope that some of them help you. Best regards!

esmdev
December 21st, 2019, 02:06
Unskilled works by default. When you have Jack of All Trades and roll on unskilled the roll will reflect the correct outcome in the chat window without needing to do anything with either skill.

alfarobl
December 21st, 2019, 15:26
Got following error when dropping Plastic (Explosives?) inside Equipment:
"Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:698: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)"

MadBeardMan
December 22nd, 2019, 11:21
Got following error when dropping Plastic (Explosives?) inside Equipment:
"Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:698: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)"

Interesting! Thanks for this, there's an update coming for Central Supply where I've possibly already fixed this! Let me check.

Cheers,
MBM

garrion_sw
January 1st, 2020, 16:32
**This is for UNITY**

There are also several font issues where the text on sheets is not contained within perimeters and overlaps into the text entry boxes or overlaps with other text. In some other cases the text is cut off. I'm noticing this mostly on the PC sheet for now.

Thanks and have a great New Year.

Moon Wizard
January 1st, 2020, 19:58
Adjusting the TTF used or the font size down in the ruleset should fix this.

Originally, I made the ruleset fonts in my rulesets with height 14 for FGU; but I had to correct about a month ago to height 12 which was the actual size used to create the old bitmap font files. MBM might still be using the original TTF sizes for the FGF replacements; or they might have always been too big.

MBM, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
JPG

garrion_sw
January 4th, 2020, 16:36
Sorry, Moon Wizard. I saw all your responses to my string of posts. I was on a roll going through and testing all the rulesets. I'll redirect to the FGU subforum from here on out. It just seemed cluttered and rather than start a new thread I thought posting here would be better since this was a specific ruleset issue for the dev to look at and not a generic Unity issue.

Thanks

shadowspleen
February 1st, 2020, 03:53
Just started a MgT2 campaign, and, as a fan of traveller from very, very far back, I'm extremely happy with what's been done integrating this in Fantasy Grounds. I'm introducing some people to Traveller for the first time (custom universe), and they seem to be really enjoying it.

The obligatory "You're awesome, keep up the good work, please!!" aside, I did notice an issue with checking fatigue. In MgT2, fatigue is supposed to apply a bane to all checks, per page 77 in the core book (I'm using a PDF version.) Currently, FG applies a -2 to rolls, which is something I think was done in the first Mongoose edition. Hasn't been a problem in our game, and it's something I can work around or just keep the original effect, but thought I'd point out.

Again, awesome work, and my thanks for giving me such a great tool to bring my friends into such a great game.

Serg Barbeau
February 19th, 2020, 17:15
Kind day.
Good work! I am very grateful for the appearance of a Traveller 2E in Fantasy Grounds.
My addition:
Armor applies equally to all forms of damage unless it specifically states otherwise (like Reflec and Ablat do) - answer of Moongoose.
Central Supply Catalogue introduces the following types of protection: laser, plasma, fire, energy, psionic. This means that the armor has additional protection against these types. Therefore it is necessary to prescribe all these types of protection in armor.
It is necessary to introduce general protection, as in the Corebook, which will apply to all types of damage (except radiation).
Has to be: Flak Jacket: Protection 5
But now it is necessary for game: Flak Jacket: Kinetic 5, Laser 5, Plasma 5, Energy 5, Fire 5, Psionic 5
Flak Jacket: only Kinetic 5 - wrong!

Sorry for my translated English.

esmdev
February 19th, 2020, 20:34
Kind day.
Good work! I am very grateful for the appearance of a Traveller 2E in Fantasy Grounds.
My addition:
Armor applies equally to all forms of damage unless it specifically states otherwise (like Reflec and Ablat do) - answer of Moongoose.
Central Supply Catalogue introduces the following types of protection: laser, plasma, fire, energy, psionic. This means that the armor has additional protection against these types. Therefore it is necessary to prescribe all these types of protection in armor.
It is necessary to introduce general protection, as in the Corebook, which will apply to all types of damage (except radiation).
Has to be: Flak Jacket: Protection 5
But now it is necessary for game: Flak Jacket: Kinetic 5, Laser 5, Plasma 5, Energy 5, Fire 5, Psionic 5
Flak Jacket: only Kinetic 5 - wrong!

Sorry for my translated English.

Hi.

Welcome to the Traveller forums.

All those types are already in the ruleset just not implemented very well. The next release is expected to address both main protection for armor and a better setup for typed damage (hopefully).

Unfortunately the developer is having family medical problems and there isn't currently a date on the next update.

GunbunnyFuFu
March 6th, 2020, 20:53
Good day!

I have a display issue...the RoF box covers the Damage box. On a custom weapon, the ammo doesn't show at all either...

GBFF

MadBeardMan
March 7th, 2020, 14:46
Good day!

I have a display issue...the RoF box covers the Damage box. On a custom weapon, the ammo doesn't show at all either...

GBFF

Hmm oddness! Thanks GBFF I'll look into this, though the new changes (still working on!) update the weapons section.

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
March 7th, 2020, 15:55
Seems to be intermittent at best. Without fail, this one weapon doesn't show any ammo counter, although it's got <magazine type="number">40</magazine> in the XML for the weapon stats. And this morning, none of the boxes overlapped when adding weapons to character sheets. Another question..what triggers the presence of the "RoF" box? Is it the <Auto type="string"></auto> element?

GBFF

MadBeardMan
March 8th, 2020, 18:16
Seems to be intermittent at best. Without fail, this one weapon doesn't show any ammo counter, although it's got <magazine type="number">40</magazine> in the XML for the weapon stats. And this morning, none of the boxes overlapped when adding weapons to character sheets. Another question..what triggers the presence of the "RoF" box? Is it the <Auto type="string"></auto> element?

GBFF

Here's the code:

if string.find (sTraits, "auto", 0, true) then
showrateoffire = true;
end

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
March 8th, 2020, 20:37
This only happens, when you are in "editing mode". Quit it and the buttons align fine :)
Had the same problem and scratched my head about it for a while.

Ardem
March 9th, 2020, 02:01
Had a strange issue in last night game happened for all users and the GM. Need to test further to see if it an issue with other maps.

The map was displayed the tokens moved across from the CT. When a player or the GM moved the token , the green highlight would move for other connected to the map but not the token image, which was stuck at the old location. However is you moved the green square your left then the token will be displayed properly. This has happened since the latest update.

Anyone experienced this problem? Seem more to be a exe file issue rather then a ruleset issue, is my guess.

MadBeardMan
March 9th, 2020, 11:34
Had a strange issue in last night game happened for all users and the GM. Need to test further to see if it an issue with other maps.

The map was displayed the tokens moved across from the CT. When a player or the GM moved the token , the green highlight would move for other connected to the map but not the token image, which was stuck at the old location. However is you moved the green square your left then the token will be displayed properly. This has happened since the latest update.

Anyone experienced this problem? Seem more to be a exe file issue rather then a ruleset issue, is my guess.

That'd sounds like an FG issue, as the ruleset doesn't change/override any underlying code for maps/icons.

Looking into the RoF layout issue today.

Cheers,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
March 27th, 2020, 08:15
Good Day!
I have the same problem with Ammo in Actions. I found a solution:
The problem is filling in the field Sub Type. If Sub Type = Slug Trowers (Grenades/Energy Weapons/Heavy Weapons and others from MGT2 Core Rulebook), then Ammo displayed.
If the field contains other values, Ammo are not displayed in the Actions.
Sorry for my English.

MadBeardMan
March 27th, 2020, 08:57
Good Day!
I have the same problem with Ammo in Actions. I found a solution:
The problem is filling in the field Sub Type. If Sub Type = Slug Trowers (Grenades/Energy Weapons/Heavy Weapons and others from MGT2 Core Rulebook), then Ammo displayed.
If the field contains other values, Ammo are not displayed in the Actions.
Sorry for my English.

Good Morning Serg,

Don't apologise for your English, it's much better than my Russian and a lot better than some people who are English!

One of the issues with MGT2 is that weapon categories are sometimes changed, so what the code does, it looks for set categories to make sure they're ranged weapons etc. In the new release branch v1.1 (coming very very soon - coding is almost finished) I'm going to change a few things for the Central Supply Catalogue (coming with v1.1.1). Hopefully it'll solve this issue, the plan is very simply to state that a weapon with a magazine > 0 is a ranged weapon.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
March 29th, 2020, 03:35
Good Morning Serg,

Don't apologise for your English, it's much better than my Russian and a lot better than some people who are English!

One of the issues with MGT2 is that weapon categories are sometimes changed, so what the code does, it looks for set categories to make sure they're ranged weapons etc. In the new release branch v1.1 (coming very very soon - coding is almost finished) I'm going to change a few things for the Central Supply Catalogue (coming with v1.1.1). Hopefully it'll solve this issue, the plan is very simply to state that a weapon with a magazine > 0 is a ranged weapon.

Cheers,
MBM

Will you still be able to indicate a throwing knife as a ranged weapon under the new setup?

MadBeardMan
March 29th, 2020, 13:27
Will you still be able to indicate a throwing knife as a ranged weapon under the new setup?

Yea that's just it, same with grenades. Maybe a checkflag for 'ranged' is what's required.

alfarobl
April 15th, 2020, 01:07
Thank you MadBeardMan for v1.1.0 looks very good. But I still see some of the issues... I will try to explain each of them.

Augments -> Subdermal Armour is not shown as Armour or Protection. I had to manually create a new Armour with same content to be shown on Main.
Rifle with Scope + Laser Sight there is no way to add +1 (laser sight) if you are within 50m. It would help if you could manually add a Modifier to the Weapon.
Weapon with Auto 2 if I try to use Full Auto then it should remove 6 from ammo it is only removing 2 ammo on each shot like Burst (it should be 3).
Cosmetic but NPC on weapon it is showing Attacl (I think it is cutting Attack).
Also you were going to look if PSI could be disabled with a checkbox? So it won't be shown. It would save a full Tab PSI that is usually empty. It would also help avoid issues with new players. For example with Medic you add 3 actions like cure wounds and poison but they show PSI as a power instead of the skill. If PSI could be disabled it would help and it is not common to have it like it is with Jack of all Trades, mostly during character creation.

Hope it helps! Good job with the new chat font and background! It reads great now!

MadBeardMan
April 15th, 2020, 01:10
Hello,

Augments - Subdermal it's in the Todo list.
Rifle with Scope - there's a Modifier that you can click (Modifiers) - btw I'm looking into Distances between tokens.
Weapon - Which weapon please.
Cosmetic - FGC or FGU (There has been FGU scaling issues with Fonts)
PSI - Oddly posted about Companion tonight, so thinking of a nice way to disable/enable these characteristics.

Right, I need to get to bed! Cheers for posting, comments make this ruleset better!

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 15th, 2020, 01:17
Rifle with Scope - there's a Modifier that you can click (Modifiers) - btw I'm looking into Distances between tokens.

How or where do I find it? I was looking for it and I could not see how to add a +1 during play. It is on the Attack Roll. I can modify Damage easy.

Weapon - Which weapon please.
Cosmetic - FGC or FGU (There has been FGU scaling issues with Fonts

Weapon is the same Assault Rifle with Auto 2.
NPC cutting Attack is on FGC (Classic).

Thank you.

esmdev
April 15th, 2020, 16:08
Nevermind, forgot to factor in the AP...

MadBeardMan
April 15th, 2020, 16:24
Nevermind, forgot to factor in the AP...

Ah dang, was about to say 'Ooops it should be working, let me fix that tonight for you!'

Thanks for being active and testing and posting and then editing, keeps me on my toes!

esmdev
April 15th, 2020, 16:27
Ah dang, was about to say 'Ooops it should be working, let me fix that tonight for you!'

Thanks for being active and testing and posting and then editing, keeps me on my toes!

That is what happens when I am testing one thing without considering what I am testing it with. Fortunately I looked at my screencap to make sure it posted and was like oops.

MadBeardMan
April 15th, 2020, 16:28
How or where do I find it? I was looking for it and I could not see how to add a +1 during play. It is on the Attack Roll. I can modify Damage easy.

Weapon is the same Assault Rifle with Auto 2.
NPC cutting Attack is on FGC (Classic).

Thank you.

Hi Chap

Modifiers are all in the Modifiers window, there's a button top-right that list them all. Drag the common ones into your hotbar.
Auto 2 - means fire twice, ie roll for 2 attack as they can be on different targets, so each 'attack' reduces the ammo.
Attack - thanks I'll check it and sort it for you.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
April 15th, 2020, 16:32
That is what happens when I am testing one thing without considering what I am testing it with. Fortunately I looked at my screencap to make sure it posted and was like oops.

Well I hope that v1.1.0 shows that we're making progress, I have a lot of automation planned around Weapons, Attacks and Equipment during the next few months. My aim is to automate as much as possible in those areas, along with working on making the Difficulty Number changeable by players, plus a better character sheet and erm Spaceships!

alfarobl
April 15th, 2020, 17:37
Hi Chap

Modifiers are all in the Modifiers window, there's a button top-right that list them all. Drag the common ones into your hotbar.
Auto 2 - means fire twice, ie roll for 2 attack as they can be on different targets, so each 'attack' reduces the ammo.
Attack - thanks I'll check it and sort it for you.

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you MBM... forgot to look outside of the Weapon... good idea. So I can apply modifiers there.

I know what Auto 2 does, but with Full Auto selected instead of Burst it should reduce 3 ammo on each shot and it is only reducing 2 (like Burst).

Have you seen post about having to modify NPCs to apply armour correctly? Is that true for the official adventure modules purchased on store? I did notice that the adventure reach 2 was not updated after 1.1.0. So not sure if I should worry or not?

esmdev
April 15th, 2020, 23:46
Hi MBM.

It appears that the Player's Reference hasn't been updated to be consistent with 1.1. A spot check of several armor parts is using the old format.

MadBeardMan
April 15th, 2020, 23:58
Hi MBM.

It appears that the Player's Reference hasn't been updated to be consistent with 1.1. A spot check of several armor parts is using the old format.

Good find, I did update it, probably didn't copy the right file into the compiler! My bad.

Can you leave that with me, just about to log for bed and won't be at this keyboard until the weekend.

MadBeardMan
April 16th, 2020, 00:00
Thank you MBM... forgot to look outside of the Weapon... good idea. So I can apply modifiers there.

I know what Auto 2 does, but with Full Auto selected instead of Burst it should reduce 3 ammo on each shot and it is only reducing 2 (like Burst).

Have you seen post about having to modify NPCs to apply armour correctly? Is that true for the official adventure modules purchased on store? I did notice that the adventure reach 2 was not updated after 1.1.0. So not sure if I should worry or not?

Hi Chap,

Yes seen the NPC post, v1.1.0 was a massive update so I knew I'd miss a few things. I'll get onto NPC's, they need a bit of an update soon, but I'll address that over the weekend.

All the adventures will be updated in time, though old armour values , ie Kinetic 8, Laser 64 should still function though only against Kinetic or Laser Damage properly.

I'll look at the Auto issue for you as well. Keep these posts coming when you find stuff!

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 16th, 2020, 00:01
I think I already reported this before, maybe it was not an issue, but when I added Plastic (Explosives) I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)

esmdev
April 16th, 2020, 00:13
Good find, I did update it, probably didn't copy the right file into the compiler! My bad.

Can you leave that with me, just about to log for bed and won't be at this keyboard until the weekend.

The core book is working just the player's reference isn't. (TBH I don't use the player reference in my game but my roommate's in a game where they do and it caused them so trouble).

alfarobl
April 16th, 2020, 00:22
MBM while I modified the NPCs on Reach Adv. 2 Theories of Everything found that Price had his Coach Gun Attack set to 0 but it should be -3 as he is unskilled with that weapon like Maria. Same issue with NPC Alphered his Bite Attack should be -3 as he doesn't have Melee.

Thank you for your support!

esmdev
April 17th, 2020, 15:24
In the Computers Table under Computer Options the Comm Unit or Transceiver is listed as TL-13. If you select this it lists itself as Comm (TL 08).

Boldtaar
April 17th, 2020, 23:21
Can't drag a craft to the equipment list after the update.
Is there a new way to keep track of vehicles own by the PC?

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 19:46
Can't drag a craft to the equipment list after the update.
Is there a new way to keep track of vehicles own by the PC?

Nope, as Craft weren't meant to be on the Inventory, but if they were and it worked, let me know and I'll add them back in!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 18th, 2020, 21:04
Maybe when you are thinking about the spacecraft/starship system you can consider the vehicle system at the same time as they will likely end up being built on the same base code.

Boldtaar
April 19th, 2020, 00:12
Yes before the update u could drag craft to PC equipment.
But maybe craft and ships should have their own tab.

MadBeardMan
April 19th, 2020, 15:05
Yes before the update u could drag craft to PC equipment.
But maybe craft and ships should have their own tab.

This needs a proper sit down, a cup of tea/coffee/beer/water and looking into

Traveller Spacecraft have 'Systems' of which that could be Cargo space, or a Launch/Modular Cutter etc, and inside the Cargo Space could be an air/lift. I know people are eager for the Spacecraft to be fully working, it'll happen, I just want to do it right.

For example, already I've noticed that the Power section of a space craft can be quite custom, some Spacecraft have 2 jump drives, some have turret weapons, some have sensors etc. So I've already decided to change that section in a future updated.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 14:45
I copied this from the 1E thread to here.

Hello
I noticed the following bug, when clicking in any Item description window, on the upper left "TAS" logo :
eg. "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referencearmour : reference.equipmentdata.ablat_tl09_@MGT2 Core Rulebook)"
Does not happen when clicking on the image at the end of the description (image appears correctly)

Hi.

Is this report for MGT1 or MGT2? MGT1 doesn't have the TAS logo.

Incidentally, for MBM, I jumped into MGT1 and was trying to replicate and wasn't able to but it did throw script errors when I accessed augments through the library > equipment > augment section.

Edit: I was able to recreate the error in MGT2.

1. Open Item
2. Select Item (Armour or Weapons, the others work fine)
3. Click the top left TAS icon in the newly opened window.
4. Error generates

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 18:45
I copied this from the 1E thread to here.

Hi.

Is this report for MGT1 or MGT2? MGT1 doesn't have the TAS logo.

Incidentally, for MBM, I jumped into MGT1 and was trying to replicate and wasn't able to but it did throw script errors when I accessed augments through the library > equipment > augment section.

Edit: I was able to recreate the error in MGT2.

1. Open Item
2. Select Item (Armour or Weapons, the others work fine)
3. Click the top left TAS icon in the newly opened window.
4. Error generates

All fixed in both versions.

esmdev
April 26th, 2020, 03:24
Hi.

Bigrat reported that custom weapons cannot be added to NPCs.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56946-Custom-weapons-cannot-be-added-to-NPCs-anymore

I can confirm this, I made a drag and copy version of a standard laser rifle and it would not allow the drag & drop into the NPC sheet. I made a custom weapon from scratch, same problem.

MadBeardMan
April 27th, 2020, 00:25
Hi.

Bigrat reported that custom weapons cannot be added to NPCs.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56946-Custom-weapons-cannot-be-added-to-NPCs-anymore

I can confirm this, I made a drag and copy version of a standard laser rifle and it would not allow the drag & drop into the NPC sheet. I made a custom weapon from scratch, same problem.

Will be fixed this week, in v1.1.1.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
April 27th, 2020, 02:10
Hi.

So I generally use my own systems database so I never noticed this but the law level doesn't seem to be matching the MGT2 system. I was curious where the law levels that you're using are found. I've been using the chart on page 224 of MGT2 core.

MadBeardMan
April 27th, 2020, 09:19
Hi.

So I generally use my own systems database so I never noticed this but the law level doesn't seem to be matching the MGT2 system. I was curious where the law levels that you're using are found. I've been using the chart on page 224 of MGT2 core.

They're from 1E. Another small difference between 1E and 2E. Means the 2E worlds work needs to be carefully put back into 1E as I'll split out the Data and update it for 2E.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 27th, 2020, 14:21
They're from 1E. Another small difference between 1E and 2E. Means the 2E worlds work needs to be carefully put back into 1E as I'll split out the Data and update it for 2E.

Cheers,
MBM

It's been awhile since I cracked open MGT1 core. I just did a quick pass over the systems system. Having become numb to some of the changes that Mongoose inflicted on MGT2 I had forgotten how expansive the one in MGT1 was.

Oh that reminds me there is a bug in every printing of MGT2. For NI they say population 0-6. It should be 4-6. 0-6 makes over half of the worlds NI. The adventures and system books for Mongoose don't even use their own system as they are correctly calculating NI. I've told them several times but the error never gets corrected.

MadBeardMan
April 27th, 2020, 17:25
It's been awhile since I cracked open MGT1 core. I just did a quick pass over the systems system. Having become numb to some of the changes that Mongoose inflicted on MGT2 I had forgotten how expansive the one in MGT1 was.

Oh that reminds me there is a bug in every printing of MGT2. For NI they say population 0-6. It should be 4-6. 0-6 makes over half of the worlds NI. The adventures and system books for Mongoose don't even use their own system as they are correctly calculating NI. I've told them several times but the error never gets corrected.

I presume you're talking about Page 228, if so point out where shows 4-6 for NI and I'll ask Matt to confirm is 'correct' or get the go-ahead to update the table.

Cheers

esmdev
April 27th, 2020, 18:02
I presume you're talking about Page 228, if so point out where shows 4-6 for NI and I'll ask Matt to confirm is 'correct' or get the go-ahead to update the table.

Cheers

MGT2 page 228 says population 0-6 = NI. Every other edition of Traveller from Classic through MGT1 (& T5) population 4-6 = NI.

So either they wanted to dramatically increase the number of NI worlds in MGT2 or it's a typo in MGT2.

Incidentally Pirates of Drinax uses 0-6 while Great Rift and Behind the Claw use 4-6. It's all very confusing. If you do get an official answer from Matt I'd love to hear it. My thought is typo but who knows...

Kulthea
April 30th, 2020, 12:08
I've been playing a very long running Traveller campaign but only recently moved away from a real table to this virtual table.

During that time I've noticed a few problems:
Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage.
Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error.
Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others)
Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays.
In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog.

Also, can we have a second tab on craft to link a picture?

Got lots of ideas about trading and ship combat but I'll leave for another time.

Keep up the great work MBM.

MadBeardMan
April 30th, 2020, 12:24
I've been playing a very long running Traveller campaign but only recently moved away from a real table to this virtual table.

During that time I've noticed a few problems:
Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage.
Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error.
Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others)
Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays.
In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog.

Also, can we have a second tab on craft to link a picture?

Got lots of ideas about trading and ship combat but I'll leave for another time.

Keep up the great work MBM.

Hey Kulthea,

First thanks for playing Traveller and second thanks for taking the time to post here and let me know the issues you have.

Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage. - These weapons should do damage, and make a bit SPLAT of the person hit by them. I'll check this.
Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error. - Thanks will get this sorted
Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others) - The Damage Type is radiation, so normal armour has no effect against it. I'm seeking clarification on this, as in effect it shouldn't damage stats, it should affect your Rad score (which in turn hurts you).
Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays. - The Spacecraft is just the first release of it. I've already re-done the power section (so it's like the details section) you add in as many as you need.
In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog. - Thanks I'll get this sorted.

So carry on playing and get involved in the forums, give us your input on the ruleset and the things that need adding/updating etc!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 30th, 2020, 13:44
DD damage is destructive damage meaning it does (#D)*10 damage with no effect damage modifier. So say with 2DD you roll a 5 and 3 the total damage would be 80 regardless of effect.

EDIT append:

Did a little more reading. It seems that DD damage inflicts damage against armor normally and then traits. The radiation effect appears to apply a separate cumulative RAD effect in addition to base damage.

ALSO...

Welcome Kulthea!

Kulthea
May 1st, 2020, 10:57
Thanks for the welcome. I've been pestering MBM on twitter about when things are coming out. I've GM'd Drinax all the way through (starting before the new books came out) and am now almost at the end of Secrets of the Ancients (before the books come out). New to VTTs but getting the hang of it now.

Did a little more reading. It seems that DD damage inflicts damage against armor normally and then traits. The radiation effect appears to apply a separate cumulative RAD effect in addition to base damage.

The damage by FGMP and PGMP is enormous - and always has been back to CT - but I was wondering if I'd missed something with all the laser and kinetic and radiation damage types (as opposed to radiation trait).

I'm running my next session in 3 minutes. Better start the table.

alfarobl
May 1st, 2020, 12:45

I will just post a reference to MBM answer from Matt to this issue so it doesn't get lost on the other post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56721-SOB-SOB-SNIFF-SNIFF-WHIMPER-NO-CSC-Today&p=502761&viewfull=1#post502761

garrion_sw
May 4th, 2020, 13:56
I believe I've located a bug/rules misunderstanding with the full auto option in the weapon attacks. The rules are vague but others have agreed with me that the ammo consumption should be three times the auto rating for all the attacks combined. This effectively works as 3 rounds per attack roll.

Right now the ruleset is applying three times rate per shot. You may want to confirm with Mongoose about this one but it seems incorrect based on RAW.

Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 4th, 2020, 14:30
I believe I've located a bug/rules misunderstanding with the full auto option in the weapon attacks. The rules are vague but others have agreed with me that the ammo consumption should be three times the auto rating for all the attacks combined. This effectively works as 3 rounds per attack roll.

Right now the ruleset is applying three times rate per shot. You may want to confirm with Mongoose about this one but it seems incorrect based on RAW.

Thanks.

Hi Chap,

I've gone back to Mongoose to clarify.

My reading into the rules is that on Full Auto the ACR with auto/3 would use 9 rounds per attack. Full Auto is not about conserving ammo.

So for ACR, single shot = 1 round per attack, burst = 3 rounds per attack and full auto = 9 rounds per attack.

Soon as I have clarification I'll post here and update the ruleset.

*** EDIT ***

Mongoose have replied:

In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo.

So I'll double check all is good with the above.

Cheers,
MBM

Valiant82
May 5th, 2020, 13:11
Hello all. Love your work MadBeardMan.

"Rogue Events" table result "10" has some missing text. The missing text begins with "Roll Gambler 8+..."

MadBeardMan
May 5th, 2020, 13:43
Hello all. Love your work MadBeardMan.

"Rogue Events" table result "10" has some missing text. The missing text begins with "Roll Gambler 8+..."

Good find! It was down to a pesky ;

I'll roll this into the release I'm working on v1.1.1. eta soon as I can finish it!

Cheers,
MBM

Shogar
May 15th, 2020, 12:07
Noticed that when I add characters to the Combat Tracker, all 3 physical stats show 0 and linked.
No matter what I try, they can't be reset.
The character sheet shows it correct and they are applied to the skills.

Ok found it. On the actions it had not filled in the current. I assumed (duh) it was automatic.

MadBeardMan
May 15th, 2020, 12:15
Noticed that when I add characters to the Combat Tracker, all 3 physical stats show 0 and linked.
No matter what I try, they can't be reset.
The character sheet shows it correct and they are applied to the skills.

Ok found it. On the actions it had not filled in the current. I assumed (duh) it was automatic.

Yea, it's not currently automatic because there's no time when it knows when to update the action tabs. For example, you have 7 STR and you edit that to 8 STR is that character generation, is that because of a Training Experience, and should that then reset the STR to 8, when it was at 0 because of an injury?

I've been asked to provide all the characteristics in the Actions tab and then link the DM's there to the Skills/Actions rolls. It's on the cards.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 20th, 2020, 23:43
Is there a bug with Tokens? Why they don't fit the Travellermap hexgrid? Can the token border rotate somehow like the interior?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35816&d=1590014474

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 00:14
Is there a bug with Tokens? Why they don't fit the Travellermap hexgrid? Can the token border rotate somehow like the interior?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35816&d=1590014474

Tokens are just tokens, they're tokens and use the same system, I can look at rotation for you though, but you can rotate them yourself.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 21st, 2020, 09:49
Tokens are just tokens, they're tokens and use the same system, I can look at rotation for you though, but you can rotate them yourself.

Cheers,
MBM

MBM I tried but using Option Key or Ctrl but it only rotates the interior image not the hexagon, so I cannot get to the same position as your capture? How did you do it?

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 10:32
MBM I tried but using Option Key or Ctrl but it only rotates the interior image not the hexagon, so I cannot get to the same position as your capture? How did you do it?

I use the Middle Mouse wheel to rotate the tokens.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 21st, 2020, 12:17
I use the Middle Mouse wheel to rotate the tokens.

Cheers,
MBM

Yes. I do the same but as I said it only rotates the interior image instead of the hexagonal border for some reason I cannot rotate the exterior... weird! Maybe there is an issue with my Gfx drivers or something. Happy to hear that it should work.I will investigate why mine doesn't do it. I use middle mouse wheel too.

garrion_sw
May 21st, 2020, 15:04
MBM,

This came straight from Mongoose Matt.

Re: Full Auto Ammo Consumption
Unread postThu May 21, 2020 3:19 am

AnotherDilbert wrote: ↑So, full auto fire with an ACR (Auto 3) would use 9 rounds for the entire Significant Action.

This is correct!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com

That should answer the question about ammo consumption.

Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 15:17
MBM,

This came straight from Mongoose Matt.

Re: Full Auto Ammo Consumption
Unread postThu May 21, 2020 3:19 am

AnotherDilbert wrote: ↑So, full auto fire with an ACR (Auto 3) would use 9 rounds for the entire Significant Action.

This is correct!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com

That should answer the question about ammo consumption.

Thanks.

Hi Chap,

And this came from Matt:

In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo.

Matthew

That tells me that each attack uses 9 rounds of ammo. Otherwise it uses the same as burst with expends 3 rounds per attack.

I shall email him again and get him to clarify all of them for an auto/3 rifle.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 16:46
*** Full Auto Update ***

So this is how things will work:

You have auto/3 weapon.

You fire a single attack, you get 1 attack (not 3) and it uses 1 round.

You fire a burst attack, you get 1 attack (not 3) and it uses 3 rounds (and adds +3 dmg)

You fire a full auto, you get upto 3 attacks, and it uses 9 rounds for those 3 attacks, so I think I'll change it to use 3 rounds per attack, upto you if you want to do less than 3 attacks for this weapon (or maybe out of ammo?)

The last bit I can't automate, you could have 1, 2 or 3 attacks.....

Cheers

alfarobl
May 21st, 2020, 17:17
My take on this is as follows...

Auto 2 weapon: Single 1 ammo, Burst 2 ammo (+2 damage), Full 6 ammo (does 2 attacks but regular damage).
Auto 3 weapon: Single 1 ammo, Burst 3 ammo (+3 damage), Full 9 ammo (does 3 attacks but regular damage).

Is this correct?

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 17:26
My take on this is as follows...

Auto 2 weapon: Single 1 ammo, Burst 2 ammo (+2 damage), Full 6 ammo (does 2 attacks but regular damage).
Auto 3 weapon: Single 1 ammo, Burst 3 ammo (+3 damage), Full 9 ammo (does 3 attacks but regular damage).

Is this correct?

Upto X attacks for Full Auto, so if you want 1 attack you can, so I'll just assume you used less ammo?

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 21st, 2020, 17:38
The last bit I can't automate, you could have 1, 2 or 3 attacks.....

So open to suggestions there, hurry so I can get this done for next Tuesday.

Cheers

Sorry I did not saw your response while I was writing... but that makes sense.

As ammo expenditure is probably linked to pressing the trigger... with single or nothing selected 1 ammo easy...
if you have Brust selected on the weapon then x ammo depending on Auto value and +auto value damage that is easy as you already had it working it is only one attack anyway.
If you select Full Auto on weapon I would use always 3 Ammo on each Attack. You assume the player will do the right number of attacks.

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 17:40
Sorry I did not saw your response while I was writing... but that makes sense.

As ammo expenditure is probably linked to pressing the trigger... with single or nothing selected 1 ammo easy...
if you have Brust selected on the weapon then x ammo depending on Auto value and +auto value damage that is easy as you already had it working it is only one attack anyway.
If you select Full Auto on weapon I would use always 3 Ammo on each Attack. You assume the player will do the right number of attacks.

Yes, in this example Auto 3 will fire 3 rounds per attack, and you can make upto 3 attacks.

I shall make that change in about 2 hours after dinner.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 21st, 2020, 18:20
I get something strange... that is with 1.1.0a but the strange thing is that if I exit campaign go back in then I get no such error?

Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (closeprogram)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (restorewindow)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (arrangedice)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (lockdice)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Top edge width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Bottom edge width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Middle width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2020, 19:53
I get something strange... that is with 1.1.0a but the strange thing is that if I exit campaign go back in then I get no such error?

Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (closeprogram)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (restorewindow)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (arrangedice)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (lockdice)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Top edge width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Bottom edge width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Middle width (-80) of frame (charsheet) less than minimum suggested width (3)

FGC or FGU, doing what brings up these errors?

alfarobl
May 22nd, 2020, 00:11
I am on FGC... and I cannot reproduce it at will. I got the same error message twice already. I think it is something with the radial menu icons... but they work afterwards and if I exit and go back I doesn't show again. I have checked the console.log and only those three Warnings are always there, some issues with the charsheet frame?

If I am able to find why this is going on I will post more info. Just posted to see if someone else is getting those errors at random?

MadBeardMan
May 22nd, 2020, 00:20
Hi Chap,

I know about the warnings, I'm unable to track them down as what they point to doesn't exist.... so might be something done for FGU.

The icons, such as 'closeprogram' are part of CoreRPG, which MGT2 is built upon, so I'd say for you to remove all extensions and see if you can re-create it.

Cheers,
MBM

garrion_sw
May 22nd, 2020, 00:21
Thanks for putting up with me MBM. I was worried you wanted to shove me in a black box just to shut me up (humor totally intended).

I agree with the above about how to code this. Leave Single and Burst as they are and just alter Auto to use 3 rounds. The player will make the appropriate number of attacks and the proper ammo amount will be consumed based on the number of attack rolls.

Now I can sit back and be content.

MadBeardMan
May 22nd, 2020, 00:24
Thanks for putting up with me MBM. I was worried you wanted to shove me in a black box just to shut me up (humor totally intended).

I agree with the above about how to code this. Leave Single and Burst as they are and just alter Auto to use 3 rounds. The player will make the appropriate number of attacks and the proper ammo amount will be consumed based on the number of attack rolls.

Now I can sit back and be content.

Haha, brilliant.

Be vocal, if we're not, then we never get heard.

What happens (as in this case) as I read things one way and they are intended another. I find this is a problem for me, I am at times very literal, which oddly works well in the coding universe as computers are also very literal.

The work is done, it's with FG so hopefully be with you next Tuesday.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 22nd, 2020, 01:59
The icons, such as 'closeprogram' are part of CoreRPG, which MGT2 is built upon, so I'd say for you to remove all extensions and see if you can re-create it.

Cheers,
MBM

Nothing... it is clean ruleset with nothing else loaded. It might be CoreRPG then. Will keep checking if it comes back or goes away on next update.

I run a Traveller game each week and this is first time I have seen this error window. Maybe it is a timing issue that MGT2E is loading stuff and CoreRPG is not yet ready and loading stuff?

Valkrist
May 27th, 2020, 04:50
Thanks for all the hard work on this, MBM.

I do have two questions/comments.

1) I saw you posted that you have imported all of the Core Rulebook NPCs. I updated today, and the NPCs tab is still empty save for what I put in.
2) When I create an NPC thug and give him an autopistol, the game insists on adding his STR DM to the damage, despite autopistols being, you know, firearms. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Cheers,
-V

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2020, 10:21
Thanks for all the hard work on this, MBM.

I do have two questions/comments.

1) I saw you posted that you have imported all of the Core Rulebook NPCs. I updated today, and the NPCs tab is still empty save for what I put in.
2) When I create an NPC thug and give him an autopistol, the game insists on adding his STR DM to the damage, despite autopistols being, you know, firearms. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Cheers,
-V

Morning V,

1. That's part of the v1.1.2 update which is currently taking place
2. Oddness, sounds like a bug, I'll test than and fix that

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 27th, 2020, 13:07
Hi,

I also have NPCs tab empty with nothing after update to 1.1.2.

Also I have noticed that there is a '+' sign on some weapons right from Damage, but if I press it there is nothing there? Should it show Ammo? Some weapons have it others don't even when they are the same item. Something weird. We lost the visual ammo counter? We have now to edit manually the number if we don't use the automatic Roll?

Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2020, 13:19
Hi,

Also I have noticed that there is a '+' sign on some weapons right from Damage, but if I press it there is nothing there? Should it show Ammo? Some weapons have it others don't even when they are the same item. Something weird. We lost the visual ammo counter? We have now to edit manually the number if we don't use the automatic Roll?

Thanks.

v1.1.2 shouldn't be in the Ruleset, it's not been finished, they've not released v1.1.1 as 1.1.2 is in testing only.

So I've emailed James to update v1.1.1 ASAP.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2020, 13:20
Hi,

Thanks.

The + will ONLY open when you have dropped some Ammo for the gun.

Ignore v1.1.2 at the moment please.

Thanks,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2020, 13:20
Hi,

Thanks.

The + will ONLY open when you have dropped some Ammo for the gun.

Ignore v1.1.2 at the moment please.

Thanks,
MBM

alfarobl
May 27th, 2020, 13:27
v1.1.2 shouldn't be in the Ruleset, it's not been finished, they've not released v1.1.1 as 1.1.2 is in testing only.

So I've emailed James to update v1.1.1 ASAP.

Cheers,
MBM

Ok. That is the problem then... they have released to stable 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1.

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2020, 13:43
Ok. That is the problem then... they have released to stable 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1.

It was an issue in my part first, last week (mid-week) I pushed 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1 (I use feature branching locally).

So over the weekend, I addressed this and emailed, but I would think James gets a lot of emails.

So emailed this morning, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,
MBM

Valkrist
May 27th, 2020, 18:56
Morning V,

1. That's part of the v1.1.2 update which is currently taking place

Oh. That's surprising, considering when I run my campaign, the MOTD scrawl in the chat window says "Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.1.2 for Fantasy Grounds."
So I sort of assumed 1.1.2 was, you know, out. :D

S'all good. I'll wait.

-V

Karandus
May 29th, 2020, 02:55
So, I dont know what it is but we are having some serious issues and not sure if its bugs or if something is corrupted. I am not running the game, but I have run games before. I bought a friend the traveller ruleset and this is what we are seeing:

1. Drag and drop is broken. Dragging weapons into the inventory sheet doesnt automatically add it to the weapons tab all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Other times, it will add it to the actions tab but the inventory tab will remain blank. Also weapons dont always show ammo and rate of fire.

2. None of the fields are editable. Clicking the edit icon on like Skills or any of the fields doesnt change anything, no option to add new skills, actions, etc.
3. Psi abilities cant be drag and dropped. The Psi Abilities section doesnt work at all and wont take any input.

The dragging and dropping of inventory stuff being bugged is the biggest one though, sometimes stuff works, other times it doesnt. It works ok for 2 people, doesnt work at all for the others. Its all random and is making the other players question playing on fantasy grounds and I love fantasy grounds but I dont know how to fix it to convince them to stick it out.

We are running fantasy grounds classic.

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2020, 09:40
So, I dont know what it is but we are having some serious issues and not sure if its bugs or if something is corrupted. I am not running the game, but I have run games before. I bought a friend the traveller ruleset and this is what we are seeing:

1. Drag and drop is broken. Dragging weapons into the inventory sheet doesnt automatically add it to the weapons tab all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Other times, it will add it to the actions tab but the inventory tab will remain blank. Also weapons dont always show ammo and rate of fire.

2. None of the fields are editable. Clicking the edit icon on like Skills or any of the fields doesnt change anything, no option to add new skills, actions, etc.
3. Psi abilities cant be drag and dropped. The Psi Abilities section doesnt work at all and wont take any input.

The dragging and dropping of inventory stuff being bugged is the biggest one though, sometimes stuff works, other times it doesnt. It works ok for 2 people, doesnt work at all for the others. Its all random and is making the other players question playing on fantasy grounds and I love fantasy grounds but I dont know how to fix it to convince them to stick it out.

We are running fantasy grounds classic.

Hi Karandus,

Sorry that you've got all this happening, I'll jump on these later and see what's going on, and get a quick fix up if needed.

EDIT:

1. Created a new character, dragged on 4 weapons into the Inventory TAB and all 4 correctly appeared with Ammo/Rof based on their traits
2. Created a new Skill, edited it. Created a new Weapon Action.
3. PSI Abilities, found myself unable to add new unless the character already had some, this requires fixing.

So sounds like you got something else going on, what version does it show in the chat window when you load the and are you running any other extensions. If it's v1.1.1 and no to extensions, create a new campaign and then a new character and then see.

Cheers,
MBM

Karandus
May 29th, 2020, 10:17
Hi Karandus,

Sorry that you've got all this happening, I'll jump on these later and see what's going on, and get a quick fix up if needed.

EDIT:

1. Created a new character, dragged on 4 weapons into the Inventory TAB and all 4 correctly appeared with Ammo/Rof based on their traits
2. Created a new Skill, edited it. Created a new Weapon Action.
3. PSI Abilities, found myself unable to add new unless the character already had some, this requires fixing.

So sounds like you got something else going on, what version does it show in the chat window when you load the and are you running any other extensions. If it's v1.1.1 and no to extensions, create a new campaign and then a new character and then see.

Cheers,
MBM

So my buddy was able to drag and drop weapons on ok this time, seems like custom weapons he made dont show the ammo/rof even though everything is the exact same format as the core weapons.

So as far as creating skills and inventory, we are unable to edit the fields unless there is already an item there. For example in a blank inventory page or weapon action it right clicking the area just shows and X and there is no Add option to add a new row unless there is already an item there to click on. The green plus doesnt appear at all in those fields.

EDIT: Running v1.1.1 no extensions

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2020, 10:48
So my buddy was able to drag and drop weapons on ok this time, seems like custom weapons he made dont show the ammo/rof even though everything is the exact same format as the core weapons.

So as far as creating skills and inventory, we are unable to edit the fields unless there is already an item there. For example in a blank inventory page or weapon action it right clicking the area just shows and X and there is no Add option to add a new row unless there is already an item there to click on. The green plus doesnt appear at all in those fields.

EDIT: Running v1.1.1 no extensions

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly with more details.

1. Ok, the Right-click, Create option. I can extend that to be behind the list of Skills/Inventory I think. The system was designed for skills/items to be dragged in rather than created on the fly, but I understand you have a need so I'll look into it.
2. Custom Weapons. Let me check designing a custom rifle and see what that does, I'm at work now so it'll be later tonight/over the weekend. For the moment I suggest you copy a core weapon, and then edit it.

Cheers,
MBM

Karandus
May 29th, 2020, 11:28
Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly with more details.

1. Ok, the Right-click, Create option. I can extend that to be behind the list of Skills/Inventory I think. The system was designed for skills/items to be dragged in rather than created on the fly, but I understand you have a need so I'll look into it.
2. Custom Weapons. Let me check designing a custom rifle and see what that does, I'm at work now so it'll be later tonight/over the weekend. For the moment I suggest you copy a core weapon, and then edit it.

Cheers,
MBM

Yeah no problem, we actually had just finished our traveller session so our GM was still in a call with me in fantasy grounds lol. And no worries, I just wasnt sure if we were doing something wrong or if maybe a file was corrupt. Thanks though for all the help, we're still learning all the ins and outs.

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2020, 11:39
Yeah no problem, we actually had just finished our traveller session so our GM was still in a call with me in fantasy grounds lol. And no worries, I just wasnt sure if we were doing something wrong or if maybe a file was corrupt. Thanks though for all the help, we're still learning all the ins and outs.

Hi Chap,

Thanks for letting me know. New players are always finding these kinds of things, so that's ace. I'm working on the next update so will roll these updates in with it, hoping to complete it over the weekend.

Cheers,
MBM

kabend
May 31st, 2020, 06:54
Hi All,
This is not clearly stated (or I missed something?) but the drag & drop issues mentioned before are regressions due to 1.1.1 (FGC) : I was able to create NPC with drag & drop before (1.1.0a), now the same thing is broken : When dragging a weapon, an empty line appears in the NPC sheet. When dragging an armour, no armour is added but an empty weapon appears instead. Not critical but annoying. I played a session with 1.1.1 last Friday and didn't notice more than that (but I use very few different features when playing, a lot more when preparing the game, so maybe I missed something else)

MadBeardMan
May 31st, 2020, 15:31
Hi All,
This is not clearly stated (or I missed something?) but the drag & drop issues mentioned before are regressions due to 1.1.1 (FGC) : I was able to create NPC with drag & drop before (1.1.0a), now the same thing is broken : When dragging a weapon, an empty line appears in the NPC sheet. When dragging an armour, no armour is added but an empty weapon appears instead. Not critical but annoying. I played a session with 1.1.1 last Friday and didn't notice more than that (but I use very few different features when playing, a lot more when preparing the game, so maybe I missed something else)

Hi kabend,

Yep, something broken there. I've not changed anything with those drag and drop, though code is shared as much as possible. Let me get this fixed and added to v1.1.2.

Thanks for reporting this!

Cheers,
MBM

Kulthea
June 4th, 2020, 13:30
Hi MadBeardMan. I picked up the Central Supply Catalogue so I'm very happy. Thanks for doing all the work to get it up on FG.

Playing around with some of the goodies I noticed a few issues though:

- The 1DD damage (1d6x10) on weapons like the Plasma Rifle is still being interpreted as 1d6. Similarly 2DD is interpreted as 2d6 not 2d6x10.

- When equipping Heavy Weapons (e.g. FGMP-15 or Flamethrower) they go into the inventory just fine, but don't show up on the Actions tab, so can't be used in combat. In fact looks like none of the man-portable weaponry (CSC pp 123-125) appear on the Actions tab.

- Subdermal armour does reduce damage, but doesn't appear on the Main tab under armour. I think it probably should but no biggie.

- Items such as the Medikit don't add to the First Aid bonus (e.g. Medikit TL14 gives a +3 to First Aid) but it's not reflected on the Misc Actions section of the Actions tab.

- I cannot assign armour that I have created (e.g. Ancient Pressure Suit from Secrets of the Ancients) to an NPC.

- The modifications for Powered Armour (CSC pp27-28) and Battle Dress (CSC pp36-38) don't seem to be in the Items at all, and cannot therefore be added to equipment. (It feels a bit like it needs to be a new selection in the Library - Armour - and set up a little like Vehicles????)

- For spacecraft that are created by the GM, when you click on Locked / Unlocked icon/button there is an error message that appears (ERROR: Script execution error: [string ":reference spacecraft" 17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)" - or something like that. If you clicking to unlock it doesn't unlock the spacecraft but if you close it and open it again it's now in the unlocked state. Same the other way around, so if you are locking the spacecraft it doesn't lock it but if you close and open it's in the locked state.

- Battle Dress, when equipped, still adds the weight to the encumbrance (so 100kg battle dress should weigh 0kg when worn for the purposes of encumbrance).

- Battle Dress also does not increase the STR or DEX of the person wearing it. This does not add to the stats for damage but should add to attack and damage rolls, and fir encumbrance.

I hope they're all pretty simple to solve.

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 13:56
Hi MadBeardMan. I picked up the Central Supply Catalogue so I'm very happy. Thanks for doing all the work to get it up on FG.

Playing around with some of the goodies I noticed a few issues though:

- The 1DD damage (1d6x10) on weapons like the Plasma Rifle is still being interpreted as 1d6. Similarly 2DD is interpreted as 2d6 not 2d6x10.

- When equipping Heavy Weapons (e.g. FGMP-15 or Flamethrower) they go into the inventory just fine, but don't show up on the Actions tab, so can't be used in combat. In fact looks like none of the man-portable weaponry (CSC pp 123-125) appear on the Actions tab.

- Subdermal armour does reduce damage, but doesn't appear on the Main tab under armour. I think it probably should but no biggie.

- Items such as the Medikit don't add to the First Aid bonus (e.g. Medikit TL14 gives a +3 to First Aid) but it's not reflected on the Misc Actions section of the Actions tab.

- I cannot assign armour that I have created (e.g. Ancient Pressure Suit from Secrets of the Ancients) to an NPC.

- The modifications for Powered Armour (CSC pp27-28) and Battle Dress (CSC pp36-38) don't seem to be in the Items at all, and cannot therefore be added to equipment. (It feels a bit like it needs to be a new selection in the Library - Armour - and set up a little like Vehicles????)

- For spacecraft that are created by the GM, when you click on Locked / Unlocked icon/button there is an error message that appears (ERROR: Script execution error: [string ":reference spacecraft" 17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)" - or something like that. If you clicking to unlock it doesn't unlock the spacecraft but if you close it and open it again it's now in the unlocked state. Same the other way around, so if you are locking the spacecraft it doesn't lock it but if you close and open it's in the locked state.

- Battle Dress, when equipped, still adds the weight to the encumbrance (so 100kg battle dress should weigh 0kg when worn for the purposes of encumbrance).

- Battle Dress also does not increase the STR or DEX of the person wearing it. This does not add to the stats for damage but should add to attack and damage rolls, and fir encumbrance.

I hope they're all pretty simple to solve.

Hi Kulthea,

First, thanks for picking up CSC and also for having a good play, let me answer some of your points.

Could you let me know if you are using FGC or FGU please. I'm assuming FGC.

1DD/2DD Damage. Sounds like a bug, let me address those.
Heavy Weapons. More work needs to be done around them, shouldn't really have a Orbital Defence Laser in your backpack.... but let me see about the smaller items.
Subdermal Armour. It's not armour, it's an Augment, I might be able to modify the filtering I'm using.
Medkits. That's for you to manually add at the moment, the 'First Aid' is a general action and not tied directly to a Medkit, and if you had a TL12 or TL14, which would it use. We've had discussions about assigning a 'use counter' on these, maybe we come back to this soon.
Custom Armour. I'll check that and address it.
Battle Dress Weight. I'll check this, at the moment all armour weighs 25%, make sure it's shown as 'Worn' and not 'Carried'. Powered Armour/Battle Dress doesn't have unlimited power so ideally there needs to be a status for that kind of armour. Maybe this is for discussion.
Spacecraft. Thanks for that, I'm not working on Spacecraft at the moment though I'll take a look at this.

That's the main items.

In the currently developed release (1.1.3), you can see that I'm working on adding Stats from Armour and adding the mods to armour. I'll see what else I can fit in.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
June 4th, 2020, 20:40
It is odd how custom stuff keeps having trouble with NPCs. Seems that once created, a custom item should be the same as a standard.

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 21:04
It is odd how custom stuff keeps having trouble with NPCs. Seems that once created, a custom item should be the same as a standard.

Yea, well FGU is showing it's on version 1.1.2 that's an issue and hopefully it's been sorted now. So the 1.1.2 could have been any of the dozen updates into TEST...

So if any of you have FGU, can you confirm it's now v1.1.1, and see if the Custom Armour works, oh and see if Dragging Ammo works in FGU as well.

Cheers,
MBM

Hagabao
June 5th, 2020, 04:27
Hi! Just picked this up a little bit ago.

Rolling characters, neither GM nor players are able to drag and drop careers/spacecraft into the personal/inventory pages respectively. Weapons work. No error message or anything.

Kulthea
June 5th, 2020, 07:01
Could you let me know if you are using FGC or FGU please. I'm assuming FGC.

I'm using FGU

MadBeardMan
June 5th, 2020, 09:55
Hi! Just picked this up a little bit ago.

Rolling characters, neither GM nor players are able to drag and drop careers/spacecraft into the personal/inventory pages respectively. Weapons work. No error message or anything.

Morning Hagabao,

Spacecraft are not items you have in you inventory, I doubt your backpacks are big enough! The work to allow players to 'have a ship' is ongoing.

Next point, Careers. There is no drag/drop for them. I did ask if people wanted this in a previous update and no-one was interested. There's a PC builder coming at some point, soon as that arrives I will look into it. Careers are far more than that just text, it's about rolling the various skills etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Hagabao
June 5th, 2020, 22:06
Morning Hagabao,

Spacecraft are not items you have in you inventory, I doubt your backpacks are big enough! The work to allow players to 'have a ship' is ongoing.

Next point, Careers. There is no drag/drop for them. I did ask if people wanted this in a previous update and no-one was interested. There's a PC builder coming at some point, soon as that arrives I will look into it. Careers are far more than that just text, it's about rolling the various skills etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Got it, thanks!

Amatiste
June 7th, 2020, 00:38
Hello.

We are using Traveller MGT2 1.1.1 Classic. I am making a character, and the drag and drop for the skills sporadically stops working. I noticed it forst when I was adding Gun Combat (Slug), I dragged it over, and then dragged it over again, and it duplicated (see attached.) I tested it, and it seemed to not do that from the module skill list, only from the right side button menu skill list. But then, I added a profession skill specialization from the module list, and it duplicated it there. Then Roommate tested and saw it did it with animals.36607

Thanks,

Amatiste

MadBeardMan
June 7th, 2020, 00:46
Hello.

We are using Traveller MGT2 1.1.1 Classic. I am making a character, and the drag and drop for the skills sporadically stops working. I noticed it forst when I was adding Gun Combat (Slug), I dragged it over, and then dragged it over again, and it duplicated (see attached.) I tested it, and it seemed to not do that from the module skill list, only from the right side button menu skill list. But then, I added a profession skill specialization from the module list, and it duplicated it there. Then Roommate tested and saw it did it with animals.36607

Thanks,

Amatiste

Hi Amatiste,

Thanks for taking then time to report this and research it.

I'll give this a test tomorrow (it's later midnight:45 here), and I'll get it added to v1.1.3 which I'm working on at the moment.

Cheers,
MBM

lawsonj2019
June 19th, 2020, 20:25
Hi Chap,

I've been using the MGT2E ruleset with the CSC supplement and everything is working great for my campaign. Awesome stuff!

I'm using FGU and it currently has the v1.1.2 MGT2E ruleset loaded and I've been creating an NPC. All seems to work just fine. Added a weapon and rolled to test; all good. However, when I've rolled on attributes, it seems to pick up the name of one of the other NPCs (an animal I'd created and stuck on a combat tracker).

In the console window, instead of the normal name and roll it says something like...

Oieit'aiy 02: [CHARACTERISTIC] npc_education_mod [-1] [vs Diff. 8]

(Oieit'aiy is the animal NPC I created previously)

Any ideas?

MadBeardMan
June 19th, 2020, 21:18
Hi Chap,

I've been using the MGT2E ruleset with the CSC supplement and everything is working great for my campaign. Awesome stuff!

I'm using FGU and it currently has the v1.1.2 MGT2E ruleset loaded and I've been creating an NPC. All seems to work just fine. Added a weapon and rolled to test; all good. However, when I've rolled on attributes, it seems to pick up the name of one of the other NPCs (an animal I'd created and stuck on a combat tracker).

In the console window, instead of the normal name and roll it says something like...

Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

Feels very odd

I will test tomorrow and have a look and see what's up.

Cheers,
MBM

lawsonj2019
June 19th, 2020, 21:19
Thanks. There was nothing in the console. If you need any other info, just shout.

backwardoracle
June 23rd, 2020, 19:47
Hi, in a combat FG classic threw up this error, any ideas?

On a related question where do add sub dermal amour to a character?

MadBeardMan
June 23rd, 2020, 19:52
Hi, in a combat FG classic threw up this error, any ideas?

On a related question where do add sub dermal amour to a character?

Are you using 1.1.2 (live) or 1.1.3 (test)?

SubDermal is an item, drop it into the Inv and it should appear!

Cheers,
MBM

Valkrist
June 23rd, 2020, 20:59
Bug in 1.1.2

I saw that some 'creature' type NPCs have been added to the NPCs tab. When I click on them in that tab, it brings up their sheets, showing stats including various amounts of hit points.
However.
When I drag any of those creatures into the combat tracker, they arrive with 0 hits and die from even one point of damage.

This is true of all of the creatures (but NOT of user-generated ones: ie, if I make my own NPC, they will have correct stats in the CT).

MadBeardMan
June 24th, 2020, 12:40
Bug in 1.1.2

I saw that some 'creature' type NPCs have been added to the NPCs tab. When I click on them in that tab, it brings up their sheets, showing stats including various amounts of hit points.
However.
When I drag any of those creatures into the combat tracker, they arrive with 0 hits and die from even one point of damage.

This is true of all of the creatures (but NOT of user-generated ones: ie, if I make my own NPC, they will have correct stats in the CT).

Hi Valkrist,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll get this fixed this weekend.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
June 25th, 2020, 15:25
I'm currently using V1.1.2 Ruleset

Ahh I was expecting subdernal armour to appear in the amour section, for its stackable properties, if it handles it automatically, so much the better.

MadBeardMan
June 25th, 2020, 15:49
I'm currently using V1.1.2 Ruleset

Ahh I was expecting subdernal armour to appear in the amour section, for its stackable properties, if it handles it automatically, so much the better.

It does stack, I made sure in (might be) 1.1.2 that it appeared, though it's probably 1.1.3 that it shows as well.

Cheers,
MBM

Rigil Kent
June 29th, 2020, 20:51
Hi there! I noticed on Friday when we played the following: Using 1.1.2,

If the GM makes a roll and Show GM Rolls is set to Off, the PCs are still seeing the actual result when they shouldn't.

ETA: Urgh. Just observed that you fixed this with 1.1.3. Sorry about that!

deejaay1018
June 29th, 2020, 22:26
Using FGU with MGT2e 1.1.2 Live on Mac.
Noticed the Spacecraft Combat Tracker. Tried adding a spacecraft from the Core rulebook. It throws this error.
Don't know if that tracker is actually ready for play...it was pushed out so had to give it a try.

Thanks
DJ

MadBeardMan
June 30th, 2020, 20:56
Using FGU with MGT2e 1.1.2 Live on Mac.
Noticed the Spacecraft Combat Tracker. Tried adding a spacecraft from the Core rulebook. It throws this error.
Don't know if that tracker is actually ready for play...it was pushed out so had to give it a try.

Thanks
DJ

I've left that in there because I've been naughty, soon you'll have access to an extension here to test it please.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
June 30th, 2020, 20:57
Hi there! I noticed on Friday when we played the following: Using 1.1.2,

If the GM makes a roll and Show GM Rolls is set to Off, the PCs are still seeing the actual result when they shouldn't.

ETA: Urgh. Just observed that you fixed this with 1.1.3. Sorry about that!

Hey, don't worry, I noticed it in my game so fixed it asap.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
July 1st, 2020, 12:04
Hi Chap,

Any ideas?

Hey lawsonj2019,

I've managed to recreate this, so I'll fix this, it'll be part of v1.1.4 that I'm currently working on.

Cheers,
MBM

lawsonj2019
July 1st, 2020, 12:59
Awesome, great stuff. Cheers!

esmdev
July 1st, 2020, 15:06
Speaking of revisions, they posted the revisions to the Release Updates (06/30/2020) but didn't actually update the ruleset. Live is still on 1.1.2.

MadBeardMan
July 2nd, 2020, 10:22
Speaking of revisions, they posted the revisions to the Release Updates (06/30/2020) but didn't actually update the ruleset. Live is still on 1.1.2.

Yea, Tuesday my 'updates' button didn't show up in red, quite surprised about that. I presume you're on FGC I'll check that tonight.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
July 2nd, 2020, 11:51
Yea, Tuesday my 'updates' button didn't show up in red, quite surprised about that. I presume you're on FGC I'll check that tonight.

Cheers,
MBM

Yes, FGC. Normally I'd not make a big deal but it has so much goodness. :)

garrion_sw
July 12th, 2020, 18:47
I hope all is well with you MBM. I know you are busy with your list of projects.

I have one more request that I've thought about but I'm not sure has been brought up yet. Could you link the skill and weapon attribute references to the Character Status Current value on the actions tab rather than the base value on the main tab. When characters take damage to their attributes the effective value changes and should be reflected in the tasks they attempt to do while injured. As it is now they always reference the max default value and always function at 100% unless you manually enter a mod to account for the modified attribute value.

While you're at it, you could have the "Current" mod reflect on the main tab as well, instead of the default max. This is not a huge deal as long as you make your attribute rolls from the actions tab, which does use the correct modifier.

Thanks again for your hard work.

MadBeardMan
July 14th, 2020, 09:52
I hope all is well with you MBM. I know you are busy with your list of projects.

I have one more request that I've thought about but I'm not sure has been brought up yet. Could you link the skill and weapon attribute references to the Character Status Current value on the actions tab rather than the base value on the main tab. When characters take damage to their attributes the effective value changes and should be reflected in the tasks they attempt to do while injured. As it is now they always reference the max default value and always function at 100% unless you manually enter a mod to account for the modified attribute value.

While you're at it, you could have the "Current" mod reflect on the main tab as well, instead of the default max. This is not a huge deal as long as you make your attribute rolls from the actions tab, which does use the correct modifier.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Morning Garrion,

This is in the works. Now I've got the 'Current Values' all there I'll get the links all finished and added to 1.1.4 which is coming to an end now.

Now the 'main tab' feels duplicated. So let me think more on this, as feels wrong you could have a DEX of 9 with a Mod of 1, but you're injured, so down to DEX of 6, so it shows '0', would confused people maybe.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
July 14th, 2020, 14:50
Morning Garrion,

This is in the works. Now I've got the 'Current Values' all there I'll get the links all finished and added to 1.1.4 which is coming to an end now.

Now the 'main tab' feels duplicated. So let me think more on this, as feels wrong you could have a DEX of 9 with a Mod of 1, but you're injured, so down to DEX of 6, so it shows '0', would confused people maybe.

Cheers,
MBM

I think I would leave the main tab as static. I find that I am generally in the skill tab or the action tab (as a player) and not generally in character sheet at all as a referee. The main tab is a good source of what the default is (imho) if I am ever inclined to check.

MadBeardMan
July 14th, 2020, 15:30
Hi Chap,

I'm also going to look at making some mini sheets, so that parts of the character sheet can be minimized as such.

Also to let you know the work for the Armour STR/DEX characteristic updates, modify the Main Tab and show in Green for positive/Red for negative. I'm now working on updating the current values, as even if Armour gives you +2 STR, you don't get +2 for hits.

Cheers
MBM

rcruk
July 15th, 2020, 01:32
Hi MBM,

Just started using FG and the MGT2e ruleset. Loving it so far. First session with my travellers planned this weekend.

I have two questions I'm hoping you can answer.

1. I think this might be a bug? The encumbrance mod is currently applying to physical characteristic rolls but not characteristic based skill rolls, is that how it is supposed to work as I would expect the DM to apply to skills as well?
2. Not a bug, a question. Is it possible to draw Travellermap world data into FG and if so are there instructions to do this?

Thank you.

R.

MadBeardMan
July 15th, 2020, 09:52
Hi MBM,

Just started using FG and the MGT2e ruleset. Loving it so far. First session with my travellers planned this weekend.

I have two questions I'm hoping you can answer.

1. I think this might be a bug? The encumbrance mod is currently applying to physical characteristic rolls but not characteristic based skill rolls, is that how it is supposed to work as I would expect the DM to apply to skills as well?
2. Not a bug, a question. Is it possible to draw Travellermap world data into FG and if so are there instructions to do this?

Thank you.

R.

Morning,

1. Sounds like a bug, I'll get that addressed. I'm busy at the moment re-linking DM's to the 'Current Values' held in the Actions Tab. So I'll get this done.
2. I wrote a script using NodeJS to build a module for FG based on TravellerMap data (modified to fit with Mongoose trade/base codes). I don't know how technical you are, but look here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59003-Sector-World-Module-Creator

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
July 15th, 2020, 19:00
Thanks MBM

1. Sounds like a bug, I'll get that addressed. I'm busy at the moment re-linking DM's to the 'Current Values' held in the Actions Tab. So I'll get this done. Great!
2. I wrote a script using NodeJS to build a module for FG based on TravellerMap data (modified to fit with Mongoose trade/base codes). I don't know how technical you are Not very, but I can learn. Any instructions would be appreciated, I will seek help.

R.

esmdev
July 16th, 2020, 00:07
If you are looking for system data in the Domain of Deneb (Deneb, Spinward Marches, Trojan Reaches or the Reft) that is already available in modules that I have shared via the forums. If you check here in Traveller for the sticky Community Extensions you will find a link to the thread along with many other useful resources.

rcruk
July 17th, 2020, 01:24
If you are looking for system data in the Domain of Deneb (Deneb, Spinward Marches, Trojan Reaches or the Reft) that is already available in modules that I have shared via the forums. If you check here in Traveller for the sticky Community Extensions you will find a link to the thread along with many other useful resources.

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

R.

savoylen
July 19th, 2020, 00:55
Anyone having luck with the Spaceship Combat Tracker?
Anytime I try to put a ship into the tracker, place a token on an image, etc. I just get a big error scrip.
Items on the tracker seem messed up as well.
Perhaps this function isn't functioning yet?

MadBeardMan
July 19th, 2020, 01:01
Anyone having luck with the Spaceship Combat Tracker?
Anytime I try to put a ship into the tracker, place a token on an image, etc. I just get a big error scrip.
Items on the tracker seem messed up as well.
Perhaps this function isn't functioning yet?

Hi savoylen,

This has been reported a few times, it's because I've not removed the button which is for High Guard. I'll remove it for v1.1.4 so people don't get these niggling errors! Apologies.

The Ship CT is part of High Guard. Which is in Testing atm. I will soon be releasing an extension to allow you the players to have a play with it as I develop it. Expect the first (very basic) release soon (ie within the next week), it'll be very basic.

Cheers.
MBM

chesire
July 19th, 2020, 18:30
Hi,

Just moved over to the new Ruleset (from 1E) and setting up a new campaign. While adding the characters I found two issues, one of which is definitely a bug and the other I'm wondering if I am just not doing something right.

1.) For the MGT2 Central Supply Catalog, the Repeating Crossbow for the Skill used says - "Gun Combat (archaic))" so it's not accepting the character's skill in that area (because of the 2nd closing parenthesis). I created a new item with the correct skill which works, but...
2.) For the repeating crossbow and my modified repeating crossbow I can't see a way to get the "Ammo" field in the Actions tab. I put in that there's a magazine but there is not an ammo tracker like for the slug weapons. I even tried changing the weapon type to slug just to make it work but still no good. Am I doing something wrong or do Archaic Weapons not support the Ammo counter?

Thanks for all your work on this. So far loving the new Ruleset!

-Chesire

rcruk
July 20th, 2020, 02:53
Hi MBM,

Played game tonight, bug I think. One of the character suffered (-3 Armour) penalty to 'all' skill check if wearing Vacc suit (TL12) and Cloth (TL12) - they are not encumbered. Penalty disappears if they unequip armour. Both items come from CSC.

Thanks.

R.

MadBeardMan
July 20th, 2020, 09:32
Hi MBM,

Played game tonight, bug I think. One of the character suffered (-3 Armour) penalty to 'all' skill check if wearing Vacc suit (TL12) and Cloth (TL12) - they are not encumbered. Penalty disappears if they unequip armour. Both items come from CSC.

Thanks.

R.

Morning.

And what was the Vacc Suit skill of the character wearing the Vacc Suit? Cloth shouldn't have a modifier as there's no skill required wearing it.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
July 20th, 2020, 09:33
Hi,

Just moved over to the new Ruleset (from 1E) and setting up a new campaign. While adding the characters I found two issues, one of which is definitely a bug and the other I'm wondering if I am just not doing something right.

1.) For the MGT2 Central Supply Catalog, the Repeating Crossbow for the Skill used says - "Gun Combat (archaic))" so it's not accepting the character's skill in that area (because of the 2nd closing parenthesis). I created a new item with the correct skill which works, but...
2.) For the repeating crossbow and my modified repeating crossbow I can't see a way to get the "Ammo" field in the Actions tab. I put in that there's a magazine but there is not an ammo tracker like for the slug weapons. I even tried changing the weapon type to slug just to make it work but still no good. Am I doing something wrong or do Archaic Weapons not support the Ammo counter?

Thanks for all your work on this. So far loving the new Ruleset!

-Chesire

Hi Chesire,

Thanks for finding the extra bracket.

Archaic Weapons don't support ammo, but let me look at how I can override for Crossbows.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
July 20th, 2020, 13:40
Morning.

And what was the Vacc Suit skill of the character wearing the Vacc Suit? Cloth shouldn't have a modifier as there's no skill required wearing it.

Cheers,
MBM

Ah thanks for the lightning response MBM, that’s what was causing it! However the penalty is being applied to mental skills which is why we noticed it as unusual there was an armour penalty - the character was rolling for Admin... Should it not effect only physical skills?

R.

MadBeardMan
July 20th, 2020, 13:59
Ah thanks for the lightning response MBM, that’s what was causing it! However the penalty is being applied to mental skills which is why we noticed it as unusual there was an armour penalty - the character was rolling for Admin... Should it not effect only physical skills?

R.

Hi there,

Yes, the penalty applies to all skills. I spoke with Matt @ Mongoose and he said (something like) "You ever worn something that didn't fit properly, you keep thinking about it and it puts you off all things".

So in short, yes every roll.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
July 20th, 2020, 14:39
Hi there,

Yes, the penalty applies to all skills. I spoke with Matt @ Mongoose and he said (something like) "You ever worn something that didn't fit properly, you keep thinking about it and it puts you off all things".

So in short, yes every roll.

Cheers,
MBM

Haha, right okay. I can go with that. Easy enough to slip your vacc suit off and back on again if you need to fill out some particularly challenging paperwork :)

I know you’ve likely a to do list as long as anything but did you have any luck with the encumbrance penalty not applying to physical skill DMs?

Thanks again!

R.

adzling
July 27th, 2020, 15:57
I am entering our PCs into the fantasygrounds unity mod getting a bug on the character sheets.

When I try to add a Psionic power skill, any weapon, misc. action or Psi Ability (all under actions) the "+" icon (which lets you add new elements) is not showing up when I click the "edit" button.

Any idea?

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2020, 21:59
Haha, right okay. I can go with that. Easy enough to slip your vacc suit off and back on again if you need to fill out some particularly challenging paperwork :)

I know you’ve likely a to do list as long as anything but did you have any luck with the encumbrance penalty not applying to physical skill DMs?

Thanks again!

R.

Hi Rcruk,

Yes, it'll be fixed in the next version coming soon.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2020, 22:01
I am entering our PCs into the fantasygrounds unity mod getting a bug on the character sheets.

When I try to add a Psionic power skill, any weapon, misc. action or Psi Ability (all under actions) the "+" icon (which lets you add new elements) is not showing up when I click the "edit" button.

Any idea?

Hi Adzling,

Actions are added automatically when you add weapons/psi talents/skills.

Right-clicking on the headers may give you an add option, but the edit buttons don't show a +, are you assuming it does because of another ruleset? I could look at adding it.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
July 28th, 2020, 01:33
Hi Rcruk,

Yes, it'll be fixed in the next version coming soon.

Cheers,
MBM

Great, I look forward to the next update. Thanks again MBM.

R.

adzling
July 28th, 2020, 16:46
ok but i can't seem to add psi talents (+ button does not appear under psi skills) and I how do i add weapons?

MadBeardMan
July 28th, 2020, 16:55
ok but i can't seem to add psi talents (+ button does not appear under psi skills) and I how do i add weapons?

Hello,

PSI Talents are added to the section under Skills, drag a Talent and it'll auto add the various abilities into the Actions Tab.
Weapons are added via the Inventory, so drag a Weapon there and the corresponding Weapon will appear in the Actions Tab.

Remember as I mentioned, the + you expect is not used in the Traveller ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
July 28th, 2020, 17:20
thanks for the swift reply.

ok i added a skill i named "Clairvoyance" to the skills section and tried to drag it to the psi talents area but it will not add to it.

any idea?

thanks

esmdev
July 28th, 2020, 20:13
thanks for the swift reply.

ok i added a skill i named "Clairvoyance" to the skills section and tried to drag it to the psi talents area but it will not add to it.

any idea?

thanks

It has been awhile since I used psionics but back in the day you had to drag out of psionics talents in library > mgt2 rulebook > psionic talents in the right window (not the top window). If you dragged telepathy over it will auto-fill the sub-abilities for you. If you use any of the other psionic windows it doesn't work correctly.

adzling
July 29th, 2020, 01:26
thanks that did the trick!

esmdev
July 29th, 2020, 01:28
thanks that did the trick!

Glad to hear it. :)

I had the same situation long ago so thought that might be the solution.

chesire
July 29th, 2020, 13:47
Good Morning!

I ran into two issues this morning when I was trying to enter some new NPC's for my campaign. This happened with the Unity Client... didn't test with Classic.

1.) When dragging and dropping weapons from the item list into the equipment section, the added action did not seem to be taking into account the Dex modifier or the Skill modifier for the "To Hit". I noticed also when I dragged, for example, Gun Combat (slug) onto the sheet it showed on the NPC as just Combat (slug). Can't remember if that was how it always came in before but wanted to mention it in case it was related. However, even if I retyped it in as Gun Combat (slug) and redragged a slug weapon the hit modifier still showed '0'
2.) Dragging any Item into the Equipment section on the NPC did not seem to add it to the NPC. And this is with the NPC unlocked. The weapons added the action as I mentioned above but previous NPC's I created also added the gun to the equipment which is no longer happening

MadBeardMan
July 29th, 2020, 17:47
Good Morning!

I ran into two issues this morning when I was trying to enter some new NPC's for my campaign. This happened with the Unity Client... didn't test with Classic.

1.) When dragging and dropping weapons from the item list into the equipment section, the added action did not seem to be taking into account the Dex modifier or the Skill modifier for the "To Hit". I noticed also when I dragged, for example, Gun Combat (slug) onto the sheet it showed on the NPC as just Combat (slug). Can't remember if that was how it always came in before but wanted to mention it in case it was related. However, even if I retyped it in as Gun Combat (slug) and redragged a slug weapon the hit modifier still showed '0'
2.) Dragging any Item into the Equipment section on the NPC did not seem to add it to the NPC. And this is with the NPC unlocked. The weapons added the action as I mentioned above but previous NPC's I created also added the gun to the equipment which is no longer happening

Hey Chesire,

1. I don't think I ever added it auto checking for dex/str for weapon attacks - I'll add that as it's very useful.
2. Hmmm, I'll check that for you. If it's a bug I'll fix it this week.

Cheers,
MBM

chesire
July 29th, 2020, 18:27
Thanks MBM! And didn't NPC also track the skills they had for their weapon attacks or am I remembering that wrong. Now I'm wondering if maybe I just added it in myself before. lol... It's been a little while since I did my last NPC's so I'm wondering if I'm just confusing that with characters. Either way though, as you said, would be useful to auto calculate for NPC's as I'm planning on adding quite a few in manually myself.

Thanks!

-Chesire