PDA

View Full Version : Official MGT2e Bug Report Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

agoldsmi55
November 10th, 2023, 18:20
Weapon issue on Actions tab

Summary: Assuming a character has 3 weapons, all marked 'equipped' (or carried will do), then all three weapons show on the actions tab (so far so good). If the
player then unequips the weapon, then it comes of the actions tab as expected. However, if the player re-equips the weapon, it no
longer re-appears on the actions tab

My details
Computer: PC running Windows 11, 64 bit, 32GB Ram (On high-end Alienware Aurora machine)
FG: Ultimate license
Extensions loaded: None

To reproduce:
1) As usual, grab a nice hot cup of coffee
2) Ensure a character has (say) 2 weapons equipped, in my case an Accelerator Rifle and an Advanced Combat Rifle
3) Ensure both weapons are equipped (inventory)
4) Check Actions sheet - both weapons appear there
5) Now unequip the (say) Accelerator rifle
6) Check actions tab - the Accelerator rifle has disappeared (good!)
7) Now reequip the Accelerator rifle from inventory
8) Have a look at actions. No Accelerator rifle - just the ACR
9) out of interest, if one now restarts the server (via GM) and on re-load, the Accelerator rifle re-appears

This bug occured today for both me as GM and my players.

——— just wanted to check this was noticed alongside other reports through the week.

superteddy57
November 10th, 2023, 18:27
Yes, I posted an update on the 8th.

agoldsmi55
November 11th, 2023, 14:41
Yes, I posted an update on the 8th.

Superteddy. I must be missing something ... all I can see on 8th was
"I have none at the moment. A running list as you find them would be helpful and I'll work through it when I gain access to them. "

I assumed this was associated with another bug report.

Anyway, I just wanted to check you had seen the issue experienced re weapons on the Actions Tab, which it sounds like you have (I recognise there is only one of you and a lot of requests re bugs and new features)

superteddy57
November 11th, 2023, 15:03
It's actually posted in the City Hall update post. Best to check there for updates.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?79523-Release-Updates-for-November-7th-2023&p=701422&viewfull=1#post701422

Elvedui
November 11th, 2023, 19:57
I get constant errors in the ruleset. Just the latest one today doesn't recognize that the character has a dex augmentation on the actions tab for his weapon. The skill recognizes it, but not the action tab. There also seem to be a message relating to token errors at times.

Elvedui
November 11th, 2023, 19:58
Beyond the Claw is missing the Trin's Veil subsector image.

superteddy57
November 11th, 2023, 20:29
I get constant errors in the ruleset. Just the latest one today doesn't recognize that the character has a dex augmentation on the actions tab for his weapon. The skill recognizes it, but not the action tab. There also seem to be a message relating to token errors at times.

I have that resolved, just was waiting on the character sheet to fix the other one that was reported before pushing LIVE.

superteddy57
November 11th, 2023, 20:49
Ok, looks like it was an issue with the one augmentation you had on the character. It only had a +1 and not the skill +1 in the modifiers field. The 'Skill Augmentation (TL 12) Electronics (Computer)' item was causing the issue. I added in a nil check to ensure it won't fire an error again.

agoldsmi55
November 12th, 2023, 11:17
It's actually posted in the City Hall update post. Best to check there for updates.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?79523-Release-Updates-for-November-7th-2023&p=701422&viewfull=1#post701422

Many thanks - I will look there in future.

(and having just updated FGU, I can now see all working properly now - many thanks for a speedy turn-around as always)

Elvedui
November 12th, 2023, 14:42
I don't suppose there is a way to automate the skill augmentation item. There are so many issues requiring manual input that it leaves a tremendous amount of room for error. I see that part of the fix was implemented, but there is still a problem with the modifier box. There is alot of automation missing which is why i asked for the feature to add mods to weapons and other equipment to easier track modifiers. However, in the interim for example the character has a Gauss pistol and a laser sight so i manually enter a +1 on the skill tab for the modifier, but that modifier box does not carry over from the skill tab to the action tab. The dex is now picked up, but not the mod. I realize you may have another weapon that doesn't have the scope, but until you allow me to automate that i need to just assume the skill captures the relevant mods.

superteddy57
November 12th, 2023, 15:58
I checked it over again and the function that was setup to get the skill was only collecting the level of the skill. I changed that over to be the total that is derived on the skill tab. Please run another update and it should pull this fix down.

peterfdh
November 22nd, 2023, 23:25
Hi everyone, got another starship combat issue where I'm not sure whether it's a bug or just user error.

I have the PC starship properly assigned so that it appears on the ship tab of the Character Sheet. Gunner is assigned and when I click 'Show' the weapons come up. Attack mods include the character's gunner skill. So far, so good.

When I go into the Spacecraft Combat Tracker I can drag the PC Spacecraft in there and it shows the correct weaponry under Attacks but the combat modifiers are all wrong. How do I get the correct mods for the gunner included here?

Also, there's a button between the 'space and reach' and 'attack' button. It looks like two meeples. What's this for?

peterfdh
November 22nd, 2023, 23:37
Postscript: I just noticed that when I try and drag the character token to the Spacecraft Combat Tracker it adds it to the normal Combat Tracker instead. Is this where the problem sits?

Elvedui
November 27th, 2023, 18:01
It appears that if you activate the optional stats like luck on from the Companion they do not properly calculate on the Actions tab on the character sheet and the relevant number doesnt not show up on the Party sheet. I was only using Luck so i don't know if this applies to the other stats as well. It seems that Psi also doesn't work on either the Actions tab or party sheet.

superteddy57
November 27th, 2023, 18:22
It appears that if you activate the optional stats like luck on from the Companion they do not properly calculate on the Actions tab on the character sheet and the relevant number doesnt not show up on the Party sheet. I was only using Luck so i don't know if this applies to the other stats as well. It seems that Psi also doesn't work on either the Actions tab or party sheet.

I would check it out on the TEST server as I can't replicate this on the Action tab from that version. The ruleset is currently on lockdown due to the beta and many of the updates are heading that way. May be some time till this goes LIVE.

superteddy57
November 27th, 2023, 18:30
Hi everyone, got another starship combat issue where I'm not sure whether it's a bug or just user error.

I have the PC starship properly assigned so that it appears on the ship tab of the Character Sheet. Gunner is assigned and when I click 'Show' the weapons come up. Attack mods include the character's gunner skill. So far, so good.

When I go into the Spacecraft Combat Tracker I can drag the PC Spacecraft in there and it shows the correct weaponry under Attacks but the combat modifiers are all wrong. How do I get the correct mods for the gunner included here?

Also, there's a button between the 'space and reach' and 'attack' button. It looks like two meeples. What's this for?

I'm looking into this. The code was borrowed from SFRPG and the process that should take place is the ship should be placed in the partysheet and then dragged from the partysheet to the ship combat tracker. This links things up and makes sure modifiers update to all the crew members. I'm not able to drag the PS ship to the ship combat tracker and I think that either was never completed or a bug. If not completed it might be a big undertaking and take some time to make this possible. So still looking into it.

Elvedui
November 27th, 2023, 19:37
i have Psi working again, but definitely not Luck.

superteddy57
November 28th, 2023, 10:22
i have Psi working again, but definitely not Luck.

Was this on the LIVE server or on TEST. As I mentioned in my response, I am not able to replicate it on the TEST server. Since the beta is currently out and the ruleset is locked down, all bug fixes will be going to the TEST till it's pushed LIVE.

Elvedui
November 28th, 2023, 16:13
Was this on the LIVE server or on TEST. As I mentioned in my response, I am not able to replicate it on the TEST server. Since the beta is currently out and the ruleset is locked down, all bug fixes will be going to the TEST till it's pushed LIVE.

I only use the LIVE server. Never TEST.

superteddy57
November 28th, 2023, 16:42
Ok, thanks, just wanted to be sure the TEST version was working correctly as that's what I tested as that will be the code going LIVE after the Beta.

GravityBlade
November 28th, 2023, 16:58
Found a bug where dragging and dropping a "new" Spacecraft Scale Weapon item fails to copy the item.

Some background. I was adding a spacecraft weapon that is missing (Railgun Barbette) and set all the information as needed/required. Locked it. tried to add it to a ship (in PC Spacecraft) and it refused to add to the ship. Restarted the campaign just to make sure it wasn't a sync issue and still couldn't drag-drop it.

I tried to add an image of the entry but the forums are being weird. The only oddity that I saw when comparing the new weapon to an existing one is that the Skill entry is missing.

Let me know what more info you need to track this one down.

Thanks.

superteddy57
November 28th, 2023, 18:53
I tested this on the TEST and looks like it's working as intended. I'm sorry your having issues on LIVE. Will be some time till that version of the code will be pushed to our LIVE users.

GravityBlade
November 28th, 2023, 20:03
I tested this on the TEST and looks like it's working as intended. I'm sorry your having issues on LIVE. Will be some time till that version of the code will be pushed to our LIVE users.

Okay, thanks for checking.

When you say "some time" are we talking about days, weeks or months?

superteddy57
November 28th, 2023, 21:58
Betas tend to be multiple weeks. It may be released halfway in December, but may take longer depending on how well the Beta goes.

superteddy57
November 29th, 2023, 17:53

I looked a bit closer at this and I think it's an error to have the PC ship show it's actions. The attack should be derived based on the stats from the character performing the action. Since this isn't performed in the CT, but is on the character sheet, it doesn't show correctly. I will review the CT entry and clean it up a bit to not have this misunderstanding happen. The actions should be done from the character sheets as those will have the correct totals.

Elvedui
November 30th, 2023, 19:30
I equipped a dagger and stealth dagger. Both show on the action tab as finding Melee (blade) (skill found). However, it doesn't actually carry the skill over from the skill tab.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2023, 19:44
With the TEST version, it's finding the skill and adding the skill total to the action tab. Thank you for the report, but appears fixed on the TEST version.

Elvedui
November 30th, 2023, 19:44
I also noticed under options, as occurs in most rulesets i believe, you can define the languages in the setting, however, there is no way to link this to the character sheet since there isn't a specific language section that would link. Obviously, a minor issue and is useful when the gm wants to type something in a specific language and the chat box filters who understands that language based on the character sheet.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2023, 19:55
Added it to the Personal tab with the next TEST version update.

anstett
November 30th, 2023, 23:00
Thank you! This was one of the things missing in the original ruleset that just seemed wrong not to have.

superteddy57
December 1st, 2023, 03:52
No problem, it's in CoreRPG and should be available here.

Conspiracy
December 5th, 2023, 00:31
When adding the following skill (specialty) to an npc, it adds the skill (specialty) at level 0 instead of Skill 0, Skill (specialty) 1. Works fine for PC's.
Art (visual media), Electronics (remote ops), Engineer (j-drive), Engineer (life support), Engineer (m-drive), Heavy Weapons (man portable), Pilot (capital ships), Pilot (small craft), Profession (civil engineering), Seafarer (Ocean Ships)

Also all the Seafarer (specialty) skills the specialty name for them are capitalized while all the other specialty names are all lowercase.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2023, 11:11
Able to verify. I have submitted a fix for this to be pushed to the TEST server with the next push.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2023, 18:11
Pushed new build to TEST.

JPG: The ruleset is currently in lockdown for the beta Test, and the fix is available in the beta Test channel. Our plan is to release around mid-Dec.

Elvedui
December 11th, 2023, 18:09
It appears that the Psi blades do not calculate damage properly. They add the STR DM but they don't add the PSI DM per the rules.

superteddy57
December 11th, 2023, 18:23
I'm not able to locate Psi Blades, is that an Psi ability or an item?

Conspiracy
December 11th, 2023, 21:34
Psi Blade is an item, in Central Supply Catalogue.

superteddy57
December 11th, 2023, 23:48
Thanks, I'm not sure the code understands that it uses something different than the normal way of doing things. I'll look over the code a bit more deeper and see if it does.

superteddy57
December 12th, 2023, 11:36
I looked over the Psi Blades and yes, the code doesn't deviate from the standard weapon structure from what I looked over. A whole system would need to be put in place that would be different than the rest of how the weapons calculate damage. I will need some time to look over what that would entail. For now, you should be able to input your Psi bonus into the mod box and it should add it to the roll. Another option is setting up a mod for it as well and storing it on your hotkey bar to add it to the mod box when you need it.

Elvedui
December 12th, 2023, 22:24
I looked over the Psi Blades and yes, the code doesn't deviate from the standard weapon structure from what I looked over. A whole system would need to be put in place that would be different than the rest of how the weapons calculate damage. I will need some time to look over what that would entail. For now, you should be able to input your Psi bonus into the mod box and it should add it to the roll. Another option is setting up a mod for it as well and storing it on your hotkey bar to add it to the mod box when you need it.

That is a shame. Yes i realize you can handle it manually. Just FYI there are a few Psi weapons that this affects.

superteddy57
December 13th, 2023, 01:16
I have made notes and when I am able to circle back for expansion, then I'll see if I have a solution to implement.

ProfDogg
December 23rd, 2023, 00:14
The "Kimim AAR – Type 14 Secure Courtesy Assist Unit" image is missing from the Robots Handbook.

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2023, 02:19
I've reported to the DLC developer for that product.

Regards,
JPG

GravityBlade
December 26th, 2023, 19:39

Has the fix for the drag-drop issue been pushed to the LIVE servers yet?

For reference:

Found a bug where dragging and dropping a "new" Spacecraft Scale Weapon item fails to copy the item.

Some background. I was adding a spacecraft weapon that is missing (Railgun Barbette) and set all the information as needed/required. Locked it. tried to add it to a ship (in PC Spacecraft) and it refused to add to the ship. Restarted the campaign just to make sure it wasn't a sync issue and still couldn't drag-drop it.

Moon Wizard
December 27th, 2023, 19:18
I believe that everything submitted for Traveller ruleset has been pushed to Live. @superteddy57 is out this week so I can't ask him; but let me know if you're still having issues.

Regards,
JPG

GravityBlade
December 27th, 2023, 22:38
I believe that everything submitted for Traveller ruleset has been pushed to Live. @superteddy57 is out this week so I can't ask him; but let me know if you're still having issues.

Regards,
JPG

Tried it yesterday and the issue is still present.

Thanks

Moon Wizard
December 27th, 2023, 23:49
@superteddy57 checked in briefly, and saw your note. He committed the fix he had pending, and I just pushed it to Live. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

JPG

GravityBlade
December 28th, 2023, 19:31
@superteddy57 checked in briefly, and saw your note. He committed the fix he had pending, and I just pushed it to Live. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

JPG

Yay! Issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Stargrove
December 31st, 2023, 23:49
When you open the Items pane and select wither Armour or Weapons at the top is will bring up a categorized listing of each one of those categories. The sub-category headings in those lists is almost impossible to read as it is black text on a dark grey background. Would be nice if it was a different color scheme there...white text maybe.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59627&d=1704066297

Moon Wizard
January 3rd, 2024, 18:26
Fixed in update I just pushed today for the default theme.

Regards,
JPG

Elvedui
January 3rd, 2024, 19:02
If you use the luck trait which is an optional trait from the Companion, you cannot roll it from the party sheet since the party sheet doesn't capture the trait properly. You can only roll it from the character sheet. The party sheet has a place for the stat, but it just doesn't populate it.

superteddy57
January 4th, 2024, 04:19
Pushed a new update to fix this latest report.

Elvedui
January 5th, 2024, 17:59
I think i mentioned this before, but the Behind the Claw module is missing the Trin's Veil subsector map from the book.

Elvedui
January 9th, 2024, 15:18
I found an issue with Misc Actions. While it auto populated the Tactics (military) skill, it didn't populate the actual skill rank and mod and in this case there was also a Tactics (naval) that i assume would auto populate, but it didn't in that case. I am not sure if there are other skills that should populate in that section, but i think there is something wrong with the code in this section.

Elvedui
January 9th, 2024, 15:40
I found a problem dragging the Saurian race from Behind the claw to a character sheet. it won't drag and populate. I also see that the armor trait for races...this would apply to Saurian if you could use the race, but take Warrior caste doesn't account for the armor trait in the character sheet. This may be an overall code issue where the race traits just don't auto populate their affect anywhere. It should stack with armor in general, but you need to find a way to manually do it now.

superteddy57
January 10th, 2024, 02:14
Thank you for the reports. We have taken note and will investigate them.

The Canterbury Tail
January 16th, 2024, 13:47
For the Central Supply Catalogue, the personal augmentation piece of Combat Arm is supposed to have the following armour modifiers which seem to be missed. I've tried adding them manually on the character sheet version but it isn't taking.
TL 8 +2 armour
TL11 +4 armour
TL13 +6 armour

Now subdermal armour works the way it's set up, but the Combat Arm appears to be missing the modifiers.

anstett
February 20th, 2024, 22:26
New dice rolling error reported by someone on the Mongoose Discord:

If you type /roll 2d6r1 causes you to roll d20s? I can do /roll 2d8r1 and it works fine but doing 6 causes it to roll d20s

ALSO

How hard would it be to change the die image on the character sheets from a d20 to a d6 to be more in line with game mechanics?

ragnarol
February 21st, 2024, 06:44
Party sheet ships cargo.

- As a player if I open the party sheet and go to cargo some errors pop in the console and anything I enter in the cargo is not shared with the GM

I would expect the cargo list to be shared with all players

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2024, 01:47
I'm currently running in the beta Test version; and I'm not seeing any errors when opening the Party Sheet -> Ships tab where the Cargo list is created. Also, players are not able to enter data on the Party Sheet -> Ships tab as well.

It sounds like you may be running an older version of the ruleset perhaps. What version is reported in the Chat window on campaign start?

Regards,
JPG

ragnarol
February 22nd, 2024, 09:38
I'm currently running in the beta Test version; and I'm not seeing any errors when opening the Party Sheet -> Ships tab where the Cargo list is created. Also, players are not able to enter data on the Party Sheet -> Ships tab as well.

It sounds like you may be running an older version of the ruleset perhaps. What version is reported in the Chat window on campaign start?

You were right, sorry. I tested it on my laptop that I use on my commute and it is normally lagging a bit behind. I have just tested and I don't get errors on going to that tab as a player, but I do get them when trying to add an item (right click) add item:

[2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller (2E) ruleset (2024-1-3) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E
Copyright 2016 Mongoose Publishing.
[2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2023-12-28) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 6.0375562
[2/22/2024 9:32:26 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[2/22/2024 9:32:38 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MGT2:..ign/scripts/spacecraft_cargolist.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window

Ideally players should be able to maintain the cargo list on the ship - as it is theirs. Was that ever the intention on the screen, would be an easy one to add?

ragnarol
February 22nd, 2024, 09:59
Party sheet main tab "armour" doesn't show propertly. Also there is no much space for PC names/etc even on screen resize

PC character sheet PErsonal tab, it would be better that the resizing fields are "Event" and "Title" instead of "Career" as those are the fields that need more text.

I was going to attach screenshots but it keeps telling me "the security token was missing". Let me know if its nto clear and I can try a different way of uploading them.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2024, 17:46
No idea on the intentions. This ruleset was created by @MadBeardMan for Mongoose (and is still contracted for it, as far as I know); but he hasn't responded to reports for some time.

I've been updating the ruleset to work with Core functionality better, since I'm responsible for keeping the Core system growing; but I don't have bandwidth to add features to rulesets that are created by others unfortunately. I'll lock down the player side, so that they don't see the cargo add menu, since it would require the developer to implement a system to manage that (FG data is only allowed single owner, and the GM owns the party sheet data). I know that @MadBeardMan said that he was looking at expanding on the cargo features in the past, but I have not seen any submissions. I think I can adjust the party sheet stuff pretty easily, but I'll leave the character sheet for @MadBeardMan.

Regards,
JPG

ragnarol
February 22nd, 2024, 18:48
Thanks @MoonWizard

I completely understand it, and I appreciate what you can fix!

I have a collection of errata/formatting issues I have found while reading various Traveller modules in FG - is there any point on raising those right now until @MadBeardMan (if) is back?

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2024, 20:13
Yeah, we are tracking the items; and providing them to Mongoose/@MadBeardMan as they come up.

Regards,
JPG

ProfDogg
March 8th, 2024, 03:31
So there was some weirdness in the stats section tonight. I'm trying to figure out how it happened and then how I partially fixed it (but didn't really). I have a player with a 14 Dex which translates into a +2 DM. It showed as +7 when we opened the sheet. Switched some skills to include Dex and they also showed +7. Forced the stat to 0 and it then reflected -3 (which is correct). Checked skills, still showing +7 (even with now being -3). Switched it over a few times, closed and reopened the sheet, etc... It still shows as +7 in the Skills section (but now the Stat reflects accurately)...

BangsNaughtyBits
March 8th, 2024, 03:38
I've seen something similar quite often, particularly after character creation.

Look on the characters sheet on the Actions tab under Characteristic Status. I have had to reset them using the small button on the bottom left of each stat. Long time issue.

ProfDogg
March 8th, 2024, 03:49
I've seen something similar quite often, particularly after character creation.

Look on the characters sheet on the Actions tab under Characteristic Status. I have had to reset them using the small button on the bottom left of each stat. Long time issue.

Yep, that worked... K, I was starting to panic... I just committed to running this game and even dropped some more money in the store when I caught that and the other bugs being reported. Much obliged...

ProfDogg
March 10th, 2024, 22:05
OK, new thing, probably has to do with latest version update (but I'm just guessing there)... I created a new Story entry and began to load my links (Images, Systems, etc) to organize. I can type into the Story (and change from header to list to body, etc) but it does does not accept links.

ProfDogg
March 10th, 2024, 22:06
OK, new thing, probably has to do with latest version update (but I'm just guessing there)... I created a new Story entry and began to load my links (Images, Systems, etc) to organize. I can type into the Story (and change from header to list to body, etc) but it does does not accept links.

Never mind... I just found the "add link" button... It was easier before when we could just drag and drop...

Conspiracy
March 11th, 2024, 03:09
When opening a NPC with token set this errror this error if thrown..

[3/11/2024 1:01:38 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (image_refblock) in class (npc_main_humanoid)
[3/11/2024 1:01:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MGT2:common/scripts/images_npc.lua"]:18: attempt to index global 'ctrl' (a nil value)
[3/11/2024 1:01:38 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (image_refblock) in class (npc_main_humanoid)
[3/11/2024 1:01:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MGT2:common/scripts/images_npc.lua"]:18: attempt to index global 'ctrl' (a nil value)

If the NPC doesn't have a token it opens fine.

Note: Just noticed that it's not happening with all NPC's. Also the Core Rule Book and Pirates of Drinax - Book 1 are the only modules active.

ProfDogg
March 11th, 2024, 12:00
When opening a NPC with token set this errror this error if thrown..

If the NPC doesn't have a token it opens fine.

Note: Just noticed that it's not happening with all NPC's. Also the Core Rule Book and Pirates of Drinax - Book 1 are the only modules active.

Same here...

Arkaerial
March 11th, 2024, 12:20
Can confirm having same issues with some NPC & Ships in all the following modules Drinax /w Companion & Shadow of Sindal, Aliens in Charted Space 1, JTAS 1, Glorious Empire, Sword Worlds.
This was a newly created campaign.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2024, 17:54
I just pushed an update that should address this error. Please run a new Check for Updates and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Arkaerial
March 11th, 2024, 20:53
That resolved the issue for me.

Conspiracy
March 11th, 2024, 22:39
Fixed for me as well.

ProfDogg
March 11th, 2024, 23:29
Got a new issue... This doesn't seem to have impacted characters already created and had weapons already on their sheet. But we rolled up a new character today and when I went to add weapons, it creates the entry in inventory but deletes it in the Actions tab... You can actually see it being added, then it just blips away...

BangsNaughtyBits
March 14th, 2024, 21:54
Minor issue with an extension. I spoke to the author, Mattekure, about his "Easy Lights" extension (published under Rob2e). He has updated it to support the new windows under FGU 4.5 and it's working in most rulesets. In MgT2e, it loads but does not provide buttons on the image toolbars. He suggested the Traveller toolbars were not implementing the 4.5 spec.

Specifically: "easylights was designed in Core. If it doesnt work after its because the ruleset didnt update to the new standard way of doing things. the rulesets need to update to the CoreRPG standard toolbars
core is undergoing some big changes, and some rulesets lag in implementing those changes"

Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it to be thrown on the pile.

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2024, 22:56
As far as I'm aware, the Traveller rulesets currently have no overrides to the image windows, so the toolbar should work exactly the same.

Try checking to see if you have any unpacked rulesets in the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder, and remove if so.
Otherwise, make sure that you do not have MGT2.pak or "Mongoose Traveller 1E.pak" in your rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder, and remove if so.
Otherwise, delete MGP40000TRVMG2E.dat and/or MGP3800TRVMG1E.dat in your vaults subfolder of the FG data folder, and run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

BangsNaughtyBits
March 15th, 2024, 00:51
Purged and updated. Same behavior on multiple computers, a Mac and a PC. Also, other people have the issue on the Discord in the Traveller channel. Initially, the Easy Lights extension was throwing errors with 4.5 and was updated a few days ago and now generally works. Note I also just created a virgin MhT2e campaign to test with.

I can't speak to the actual issue. I contacted the extension dev directly first and am following up from that. If he doesn't mind I can send you the DMsGuild version if that would help, though I am using the one from the Forge now. Should be identical.

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2024, 05:05
This is working for me, if I download the Live version from the Forge. (see attached image)

Can you see if you can find "eea4f6b8-c6dd-11ee-8c52-0050562be458.dat" in your vault folder? If so, can you delete and try updating again?

Regards,
JPG

BangsNaughtyBits
March 15th, 2024, 05:53
And there they are. This is now showing the buttons. Not sure what has changed. Had multiple PC/NPC tokens on map as they don't show without them. Now I see them. Will validate on test box tomorrow. And ask other people who had issue on the discord.

Disregard below....................

I had already deleted it previously but did so again and still not seeing the buttons compared to other rulesets like SWADE.

Note, on my test box I purged the rulesets and vault folder contents entirely then updated. I can archive and delete the Smiteworks folder, uninstall and reinstall FGU entirely if that would help.

Again, though I am perfectly willing to help in any fashion you need, this is a minor issue. I don't want to pull your resources from something more pressing.

Elvedui
March 25th, 2024, 18:27
Maybe not a bug, but i am not sure. When you drag a ship to PC Spacecraft the pictures and floor plans don't go with it and you can't add those images either. Not under notes or any other tab. Yes the small token image goes with the ship, but nothing else. Somewhat related, if a ship has a vehicle there is no way to drag the vehicle (and its stats) over the the spacecraft. Nor can you add vehicles to player inventories? You just have to search for it under the campaign tab each time you need to deal with a vehicle.

ProfDogg
March 25th, 2024, 22:54
Maybe not a bug, but i am not sure. When you drag a ship to PC Spacecraft the pictures and floor plans don't go with it and you can't add those images either. Not under notes or any other tab. Yes the small token image goes with the ship, but nothing else. Somewhat related, if a ship has a vehicle there is no way to drag the vehicle (and its stats) over the the spacecraft. Nor can you add vehicles to player inventories? You just have to search for it under the campaign tab each time you need to deal with a vehicle.

I create a Story and attach all my ship elements to it.

Elvedui
March 26th, 2024, 21:03
I create a Story and attach all my ship elements to it.

Not an ideal solution. I should be able to do what i need under the PC Ship tab or on a character sheet. But yes, i guess that is a work around. Just share the sheet with the players.

agoldsmi55
March 29th, 2024, 23:48
Summary
Both players and myself can now only move player tokens on a map by selecting the end of the token, rather than as before clicking anywhere on the token.
Apologies if this is already reported or a new deliberate behaviour but it is very annoying !

Detail
I'm running v4.5.3 (2024-03-28) on a Windows 11 PC
No extensions in use

To reproduce
(Note that tokens all have a golden hexagon surrounding them, with small arrows pointing from inside out, towards each vertex)
1 Drag a player token from the combat tracker onto a map. (2D view mode selected)
2 Place cursor in the centre of token. Note cursor does *not* change to a hand icon.
3 Click and try and drag token - note that this doesn't work, and map panned instead
4 Now move cursor over the golden hexagon within each token. Note cursor now becomes a hand
5 Click and drag, and good things happen - the token is moved as expected

Oddly, this doesn't happen for NPC tokens. Note sure if significant that NPC tokens don't have the small golden arrows pointing towards each vertex of the golden hex shape surrounding token.

This new behaviour only started a few weeks ago, and (oddly) doesn't effect the Symbaroum ruleset, nor Vaesen.

Very grateful for any help.

pindercarl
April 1st, 2024, 02:48
Summary
Both players and myself can now only move player tokens on a map by selecting the end of the token, rather than as before clicking anywhere on the token.
Apologies if this is already reported or a new deliberate behaviour but it is very annoying !

Detail
I'm running v4.5.3 (2024-03-28) on a Windows 11 PC
No extensions in use

To reproduce
(Note that tokens all have a golden hexagon surrounding them, with small arrows pointing from inside out, towards each vertex)
1 Drag a player token from the combat tracker onto a map. (2D view mode selected)
2 Place cursor in the centre of token. Note cursor does *not* change to a hand icon.
3 Click and try and drag token - note that this doesn't work, and map panned instead
4 Now move cursor over the golden hexagon within each token. Note cursor now becomes a hand
5 Click and drag, and good things happen - the token is moved as expected

Oddly, this doesn't happen for NPC tokens. Note sure if significant that NPC tokens don't have the small golden arrows pointing towards each vertex of the golden hex shape surrounding token.

This new behaviour only started a few weeks ago, and (oddly) doesn't effect the Symbaroum ruleset, nor Vaesen.

Very grateful for any help.

Thanks for the report. The issue has been identified and a fix has been submitted. It should be addressed in the next FGU update.

agoldsmi55
April 2nd, 2024, 23:20
Issue

Minor but annoying issue …. The ‘tabs’ on the character sheet now have very poor contrast and almost impossible to read the unselected tabs (for example ‘Inventory’).

For my regular players this not a major issue , but for a group I’m introducing to FG this has been a real niggle factor / frustration for some of the players.

As previous report recently, not running any extensions, and running on a fairly high spec Windows 11 PC.

Grateful as always of assistance.

Moon Wizard
April 2nd, 2024, 23:35
Strange; I didn't change the tabs frame for the ruleset, and it hasn't been changed by the original developer. Are you sure they weren't always that way?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what happened. There was an override that looked like a copy that used slightly different alpha channel behavior. Just pushed an update to help with that.

Regards,
JPG

BangsNaughtyBits
April 2nd, 2024, 23:47
I usually use the FG Modern Dark theme but the tabs look the same to me, vaguely illegible. That's a me issue though. I work much better with the tabs across the top like in the Star Trek ruleset.

agoldsmi55
April 3rd, 2024, 16:41
Strange; I didn't change the tabs frame for the ruleset, and it hasn't been changed by the original developer. Are you sure they weren't always that way?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what happened. There was an override that looked like a copy that used slightly different alpha channel behavior. Just pushed an update to help with that.

Regards,
JPG

Many thanks Moon Wizard , and also for responding so quickly. Certainly a new issue.

Best regards
Andy

Elvedui
April 7th, 2024, 21:47
The Spinward extents module has a stormknights career. This doesn't show up in the Careers tab.

Moon Wizard
April 7th, 2024, 23:34
I've forwarded to the publisher and the DLC developer.

Regards,
JPG

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2024, 14:17
The Spinward extents module has a stormknights career. This doesn't show up in the Careers tab.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've checked and they should be there, so I'll get it re-built and pushed up. I'll reply here when it's done.

Cheers,
MBM

Elvedui
April 8th, 2024, 14:35
Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've checked and they should be there, so I'll get it re-built and pushed up. I'll reply here when it's done.

Cheers,
MBM

Most of the additional careers don't show up from the non core books. There are a host of other issues that are like this...maybe not bugs. Like Traveller companion skills not showing up or no options for the extended skills, etc. Happy to see you back.

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2024, 21:39
Most of the additional careers don't show up from the non core books. There are a host of other issues that are like this...maybe not bugs. Like Traveller companion skills not showing up or no options for the extended skills, etc. Happy to see you back.

Hi Elvedui,

I've updated The Spinward Extents - the 3 Storm Knight Careers are there, and sent it over, not sure when it'll go into LIVE, hopefully tomorrow.

I'll double check the others over the weeks to come.

As for the Companion Book, the extended skills from what I can remember, isn't supported in the code base. We were going to add a new wizard but it didn't happen, maybe we'll come back to that once the new theme and Core Rulebook 2022 update are complete.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord as I'm on there more these days.

Cheers,
MBM

ragnarol
April 8th, 2024, 22:02
Nice to see you back MBM!

Elvedui
April 9th, 2024, 16:04
Hi Elvedui,

I've updated The Spinward Extents - the 3 Storm Knight Careers are there, and sent it over, not sure when it'll go into LIVE, hopefully tomorrow.

I'll double check the others over the weeks to come.

As for the Companion Book, the extended skills from what I can remember, isn't supported in the code base. We were going to add a new wizard but it didn't happen, maybe we'll come back to that once the new theme and Core Rulebook 2022 update are complete.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord as I'm on there more these days.

Cheers,
MBM

What is your discord? Also, all of the careers in the Aliens books for Aslan, etc...also fall into the same category. I have been keeping a list. Hopefully the companion issues can be updated soon. I find the broad skills a far more appealing categorization than the core rules.

Conspiracy
April 22nd, 2024, 05:29
I haven't been able to delete ships from the Party and Ships Sheet. Right clicking on a ship only shows the Close Window dialog.

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2024, 02:37
Just pushed an update to add a top-level edit button to the party ships list and per ship delete buttons.

Regards,
JPG

Conspiracy
April 25th, 2024, 03:36
Moon Wizard thanks for the quick fix.