PDA

View Full Version : Starting short Call of Cthulhu 2 night session (Sydney, on Fantasy Grounds) Sa or Su

mir
September 18th, 2019, 14:47
Hi

We are looking for 2-3 additional players for a series of Cthulhu evenings.
We are located in North Sydney, Northern Beaches which might matter if we ever
play tabletop. This time it's going to be on Fantasy Grounds though and TeamSpeak3 (Channel: Blackwater Creek).
Playing this Saturday night or Sunday evening 21/22.9.19 if we get 3-5 investigators together. Create and (email later) your own character or
use one of the premade characters. PM if interested!

Cheers,
Dan

jopperm2
September 18th, 2019, 16:14
I'm in the US, but I'd love to play. I'm very flexible on times, so the time zone difference isn't a big deal.

mir
September 19th, 2019, 11:09
Hi
I'm aiming to start this weekend (Sydney Saturday 21.9 evening or Sunday 22.9 evening (GMT+10)
I hope this works for you.

Cheers,D

jopperm2
September 19th, 2019, 15:36
I can work with that. I haven’t used CoC in FG, so I’ll play around with it in the meantime. Any idea what time you want to start? Also, are
You planning on a session 0, or should I build a character? Any particular type of character?

jopperm2
September 19th, 2019, 16:53
Also, I've never played CoC on FG. Do I need the ruleset, or is that taken care of when I join the game? I have all of the necessary books in hardcopy, but I want to have what digital assets I'll need.

davidbofinger
September 20th, 2019, 07:32
I would be interested if it were Sunday 22/9. Busy Saturday 21/9.

mir
September 20th, 2019, 10:04
Hi David!
Happy to have you in the party.
Sunday seem to be the day. 7pm if ok for everyone.
Still one place free if a late arrival wants to join.
D

davidbofinger
September 21st, 2019, 02:09
Hi David!
Happy to have you in the party.
Sunday seem to be the day. 7pm if ok for everyone.
Still one place free if a late arrival wants to join.
D

Sorry, I've just been informed I have something else on that evening as well so I can't make it. Apologies.

damned
September 21st, 2019, 11:03
Hey Dan - where on the beaches are you?
Im still wearing my maroon and white tonight but my shoulders are slumped and Ive slammed a few doors and stamped my feet a few times today...

jopperm2
September 22nd, 2019, 01:20
If someone gets a chance, please hit me up in DMs or Discord. I could use some help with the CoC character creation in FG. It's quite a bid different from D&D, which I'm used to.

damned
September 22nd, 2019, 03:10
On the setup screen in FG - when you first load up the campaign or found under options, there is link to a basic character creation guide.
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/manual/coc7e-character-creation.html

mir
September 22nd, 2019, 03:52
Hey jopperm2

If many parameters are new I would recommend to just do the following and enjoy simplicity for the first game:
- download the free version of Fantasy Grounds
- Download teamspeak 3 - then log in at 7pm GMT+10 (Sydney time) with:
Hostname: ts.fg-con.com
Server Password Dungeoneers
search for the Cthulhu / Blackwater Creek channel and you are in!
- Use one of the pre-generated characters I will have ready. (Police Detective, Archeologist, Laboratory Assistant (Chemistry, Biology and some Medicine skills), Actress (with American First Nation /outdoor skills background)

I hope we can get two players together. Oz is in Footie fever today and lets the Old Ones have an easy way with us.
D

jopperm2
September 22nd, 2019, 04:19
I’m really familiar with CoC. It’s just FG I’m new to. I will be there tonight though!

jopperm2
September 22nd, 2019, 09:41
I'm on Team Speak, and I think I'm in the right place. Fingers crossed.

mir
September 24th, 2019, 05:19
That was a fine first session!
Looking forward to diving deeper into horrors on the 6th October 7pm (GMT+10 Sydney time)
I am sure will have some additional investigators on board by then.
Please PM for login details

damned
September 24th, 2019, 06:11
Thats Grand Final time! Ia Ia! The horror!

mir
October 2nd, 2019, 13:06
Sunday 7pm is on.
For anyone absorbed by Grand Final Sports... we will continue with a new campaign later.
The deep ones will get you sooner or later.

mir
October 2nd, 2019, 13:12
Hey we will continue this Sunday.
Sydney will get 1h daylight savings... Not sure how this works with your local time.
Hope you will be back in the Miskatonic valley with us.
D

mir
October 5th, 2019, 17:05
Sunday 7th game is happening 7pm SYD time if we get 2+ players
Its a long weekend for Sydney. Lucky us!

davidbofinger
October 6th, 2019, 00:10
Hey jopperm2

If many parameters are new I would recommend to just do the following and enjoy simplicity for the first game:
- download the free version of Fantasy Grounds
- Download teamspeak 3 - then log in at 7pm GMT+10 (Sydney time) with:
Hostname: ts.fg-con.com
Server Password Dungeoneers
search for the Cthulhu / Blackwater Creek channel and you are in!
- Use one of the pre-generated characters I will have ready. (Police Detective, Archeologist, Laboratory Assistant (Chemistry, Biology and some Medicine skills), Actress (with American First Nation /outdoor skills background)

I hope we can get two players together. Oz is in Footie fever today and lets the Old Ones have an easy way with us.
D

For anyone logging in from outside Australia, Sydney's clocks have just gone back and it is GMT+10 now, not GMT+11 like you might be used to.

jopperm2
October 6th, 2019, 09:11
Hey guys, I don’t think Om going to be able to make it. I’ve been sick, and I’m on some heavy meds.

CrazyYodler
October 8th, 2019, 09:58
really interested in getting my feet wet with CoC over the FG platform. Usually working weird hours, if you do end up hosting a game again in the system let me know id love to join.