PDA

View Full Version : Extension: Height label

Pages : [1] 2

Kelrugem
September 17th, 2019, 19:54
Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/40/view

Note: The forge's version is for FGU, the attached version here is for FGC :) The latter won't receive new updates anymore
If you search for a height extensions which also adjusts the range indicator, then try out GKEnialb's extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator

Hi :)

Madman and I have put together an extension for a height label, the original code comes from Ken L and therefore this extension runs under the GPL :) I have tested it in CoreRPG, 5e, 3.5e and PF1 but it should also work for any ruleset based on CoreRPG, it overwrites the TokenManager file. Please report any issue, I sadly didn't have so much time for it and have put this together very fast (I have to write some paper for my work at the moment and can not really work so much on extensions at the moment). Thus, issues may be there, but I hope not :) No guarantee for compatibility with other extensions :) When anyone else want to change the extension, then please do so :)

This extensions adds the height label to the Wheel hotkey when also pressing ALT while everything else is as usual:

CTRL + Wheel: Change the scale
ALT + Wheel: Add a height label to the token (negative numbers are allowed, too, scroll up and down for increase and decrease, respectively)
SHIFT + Wheel: Change facing

There is a setting for adjusting the size of the height widget in the campaign options :) (thanks to Darrenan :) )
There is also an option in the settings to change the hotkey for the height label; but only use that when also using https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63788-Custom-Hotkeys&p=557859#post557859 :)
See the picture about how it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/GgSkAM1.png

BUT: This does not affect the range label of the targeting arrow. The arrow still measures the horizontal distance. This is simply due to time and ruleset issues :) (too many different rules for that, do such calculations then manually as usual :) )
Since this was a quickly made extension, you may have to edit the extension a bit for changing the measure. Now the mouse wheel has ft. as unit (the increment size will be taken automatically from the ruleset; like 5-steps*). When you want to use e.g. meters then do the following, it should be easy (otherwise ask for help :) ):

Rename the type of the extension to .zip
Unzip it
Open \scripts\manager_height.lua with a text editor.
At the very beginning of the code you see this:
-- KEL: Change your values of measures here, maybe think about a space at the beginning of measure:
measure = " ft";
Change the variable there as you want. The measure is simply the label of the unit (beware the space in front of for nice aesthetics :) )
Zip it back from within first instance of the folder (where the extension.xml lies in)
Rename the type back to .ext

I hope that this is easy enough :)

Have fun :) As I said, feel free to edit that for your campaign :)

Kel

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big or small, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale :) (First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons :)

DISCLAIMER: In some very rare occasions it may be that the client cannot produce a height widget, then e.g. create the height widget first as GM, and then the client should have the ownership to do it :) (like when the player opens the image before the GM (which can happen based on sharing history))

Eru the One
September 17th, 2019, 20:08
Nice job!

Kelrugem
September 17th, 2019, 20:24
I reuploaded it :) There was one little thing missing about customizing the measure (on your end nothing changes, only some little issue in the background with the label. Replacing " ft" with e.g " m" resulted only into a good result when one didn't change the height. Now it should work again)

Kelrugem
September 17th, 2019, 21:05
I added now also two other versions, with font size 24 (medium) and 48 (large) when you do not want to that on your own :)

(but alle are listed as "Height" in the extension list, so do not put all there at the same time to avoid confusion)

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale :)(First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons :)

When I ever have time for it, I add that to the options similar as for the effect icons, too :)

Larsenex
September 17th, 2019, 22:51
Very nice work. Thank you.

dellanx
September 17th, 2019, 23:33
Dang that is impressive!

Kelrugem
September 17th, 2019, 23:52
thanks for the words :) But as said the code comes mainly from Ken, the extension is just a tweaked version of that code to allow using it for more rulesets :)

madman
September 18th, 2019, 21:14
And You.. still did a great job.

Kelrugem
September 18th, 2019, 21:56
And You.. still did a great job.

I shortly reuploaded the height.ext (the one with the smallest size). It was accidentally the one with 1 meter steps :) A minor thing because you can edit it, but I guess it is more convenient when the standard one has 5 ft. steps :) (thanks to mattekure who made me aware of that :) )

Kelrugem
September 20th, 2019, 23:41
ah, and also: If there is any request about that you want that height label to be somewhere else then please tell me :) It was a bit difficult to determine where to put this thing: At the bottom are effect icons, on the right and left border the height label might go into the neighbour square (or it overlaps the health bar or too much of the token itself) and at the top is the name label where the height label now sits, too; I preferred this position because I show names by tooltips and then the name is at the mouse pointer when I move over the token. But when you prefer different positions then please tell me :)

EDIT: And PCs can be easily reckognized by their tokens normally while NPCs by their number most of the time; so, also when you may not see the name completely anymore, you should hopefully still be able to differ between all the characters and monsters :)

Kelrugem
October 16th, 2019, 05:56
I updated the extension for the 3.3.9 patch but you can already download it if you want, it will not affect anything because the changes I needed to do were actually about compatibility for FGU :) So no immediate need to download it, also not for 3.3.9; you only really need to download it when you already play in FGU :p

(Joking aside: It is not yet compatible with FGU, I have to do this later; the things I had to change due to 3.3.9 were only about FGU compatibility but seemingly I have to do a bit more for that other than just updating to 3.3.9 :D)

dellanx
November 10th, 2019, 03:01
Not sure what is going on. For some reason my text size on the tokens has changed, I was able control the worst of it, but the height indicator is very big. Thanks!

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 03:28
Not sure what is going on. For some reason my text size on the tokens has changed, I was able control the worst of it, but the height indicator is very big. Thanks!

Did you try one of the other versions of the extension? Height.ext is the smallest one :) Did you also beware that text in the first post?

Also: As with effect icons the scale of your map etc. affects that label, too (especially the size of the grid). When that happens and it becomes too big or small, then rightclick on a token and release the scale. Then by scrolling in and out and by changing the size of the token you can change the relative scale :) (First change the size of the token until the relative measure fits, then zoom in and out until the token covers the correct area of squares; then lock the token scale again) So the standard procedure you have to do as with effect icons

Basically, the font size depends on the resolution of your map, too. Smaller resolutions/grid sizes in pixels cause bigger height labels :)

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 04:54
Oh, what I also see in your image: You have all height extensions loaded :D Please only load the height extension of the size you want, not all at once, otherwise they overwrite each other and you can not really control the size then anymore :)

dellanx
November 11th, 2019, 00:19
Small height seems a little better. It seems like now the extensions are working properly, perhaps some other old extension is interfering with font size. Thanks for the help!

Kelrugem
November 11th, 2019, 00:22

I believe I have to explain how the "Release token scale" works and how you can use that to change the size of the height label on the fly without changing the extension :)

Let us assume we have the following initial situation:

First, let us try to make the height label very very small. To do this, do the following:

Right-Click on the token and click on "Release Token Scale".
Do not zoom in/out, go with your mouse pointer over the token and now change the size of the token (with this extension: ALT + Mouse Wheel) until the relative measure of the height label with respect to the token size is smaller, i.e. increase the token size. 30083
You realize that now the height label is much smaller with respect to the token size but the token does not cover the correct area for its creature size (here: it is a medium creature, so the token should only cover one square) :) Now zoom in/out until the token covers the correct area. Since we increased the token size in the previous step we have to zoom in :)
When you have done that, right-click again on the token (without zooming again, otherwise you destroy your work of the previous step of course :D) and click "Lock Token Scale" :)
The end result now looks like this: 30084 You see now the height label etc. are much smaller than initially :) Exactly what we wanted without the need to change the font size in the code of the extension :)

Now let us assume that we have again the situation as in the very first picture. But now we want to make the height label very big because we do not want to see the kobold's face anymore! :D

Right-Click on the token and click on "Release Token Scale".
Remember, do not zoom in/out, go with your mouse pointer over the token and now change the size of the token (with this extension: ALT + Mouse Wheel) until the relative measure of the height label with respect to the token size is bigger, i.e. decrease the token size. 30085
You realize that now the height label is much bigger with respect to the token size but the token does again not cover the correct area for its creature size (remember, here: it is a medium creature, so the token should only cover one square) :) Now zoom in/out until the token covers the correct area. Since we decreased the token size in the previous step we have to zoom out :)
When you have done that, right-click again on the token (without zooming again, otherwise you destroy your work of the previous step of course :D) and click "Lock Token Scale" :)
End result: 30086

You see actually one does not need to go into the extension to change the size, one also does not need to switch to one of the other versions of the extension. I did everything ingame :) this also works for effect icons and health bar/dot as you may have seen :)

Of course I now destroyed the aesthetics here but you can use that to fix your issue and make the label more aesthetic, too :)

I hope this helps to figure out how to resolve things when the image resolution is a bit different than usual :)

Kelrugem
November 11th, 2019, 00:28
Small height seems a little better. It seems like now the extensions are working properly, perhaps some other old extension is interfering with font size. Thanks for the help!

ah, very good :D

Kelrugem
February 29th, 2020, 21:49
The extension got updated for 3.3.10, please download to avoid conflicts when you have updated to 3.3.10 (probably next week) :) There is also a new feature: The increment size will now automatically take the size of the grid coming from the ruleset (like the typical 5) :) When you still want to change the increment for the height while not changing the increment of the ruleset itself then do as usual but replace each

Incrementsize = GameSystem.getDistanceUnitsPerGrid();

with

Incrementsize = NewValue;

where NewValue is the value you want (with Notepad++ this is quickly done; but let me know whether you have problems :) ) Beware there are several lines in the code where you have to do that. I've added this information also to the the first post

There are also some font changes in 3.3.10; please let me know whether the height label is too small or similar :)

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2020, 00:41
When I do 'alt-wheel' while running this extension by itself in PFRPG nothing happens.
Plus.. when I 'ctrl-wheel' it spins but when I 'ctrl-wheel' on the combat tracker it scales.. does this make sense? Shouldn't it do the same thing in both places?

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 04:24
When I do 'alt-wheel' while running this extension by itself in PFRPG nothing happens.
Plus.. when I 'ctrl-wheel' it spins but when I 'ctrl-wheel' on the combat tracker it scales.. does this make sense? Shouldn't it do the same thing in both places?

I can't replicate this error, everything works well (when doing this on the token on the map). Are you running this in 3.3.10? It does not work in 3.3.9 :) I have reuploaded it today for 3.3.10 due to its release next week :)

Errr, yes, it is "intended" that it works differently in the CT; honestly, I didn't know that one can do something with the token in the CT + CTRL :D Therefore I didn't adjust its behaviour in the CT because I had no idea this is a thing :D Shall I replace it?

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2020, 17:50
3.3.10 isn't live yet.. so.. I guess there's the reason. :)

As far as the functionality matching thing goes.. it does seem like it would be good if they used the same keys for the same functions. No?

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 17:54
3.3.10 isn't live yet.. so.. I guess there's the reason. :)

As far as the functionality matching thing goes.. it does seem like it would be good if they used the same keys for the same functions. No?

Oki, I try to see whether I can change the CT behaviour, too :) But that may need some time, I do not have a lot of time at the moment :)

3.3.10 fets released next week due to what Moon Wizard said, therefore I already uploaded it :) Or do you need it right now for a game? Then I reupload shortly the 3.3.9 version :)

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2020, 17:58
Umm.. why mess with the CT? Just change the key your thing uses.. no?

No.. I don't need it for anything. I just figured it worked for the live version.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 18:04
Umm.. why mess with the CT? Just change the key your thing uses.. no?

I implemented this changed behaviour because I like it that way better :) CTRL and SHIFT are the main hotkeys I use, CTRL a bit more. Since I use facing in my games I have put the rotation on CTRL, then the next important thing is height which I've put on the second most important hotkey, SHIFT :) Scaling is only needed at the very beginning when one puts up an image, therefore not really important and so it is now on ALT :) (I guess Ken, the original author, had a similar motivation)

With the native settings of FG I scaled my tokens too often while I just wanted to rotate them because I expected that on CTRL; or I wanted to zoom out of my map and accidentally rotated a token because my pointer was then over a token. When you then play with facing rules this can get really annyoing and therefore I kept the changed hotkeys :)

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 18:11
But when you want different hotkeys then just say it :) I can make a custom extension for you :)

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2020, 18:37
I implemented this changed behaviour because I like it that way better :) CTRL and SHIFT are the main hotkeys I use, CTRL a bit more. Since I use facing in my games I have put the rotation on CTRL, then the next important thing is height which I've put on the second most important hotkey, SHIFT :) Scaling is only needed at the very beginning when one puts up an image, therefore not really important and so it is now on ALT :) (I guess Ken, the original author, had a similar motivation)

With the native settings of FG I scaled my tokens too often while I just wanted to rotate them because I expected that on CTRL; or I wanted to zoom out of my map and accidentally rotated a token because my pointer was then over a token. When you then play with facing rules this can get really annoying and therefore I kept the changed hotkeys :)
I have run into all of these problems myself actually.. which is why I was thinking your extension looked cool. :)
I was just thinking consistency was good.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 18:44
I have run into all of these problems myself actually.. which is why I was thinking your extension looked cool. :)
I was just thinking consistency was good.

Hehe, yeah, I am on your side with consistency :) Shouldn't be too difficult, I only have to find out where the hotkeys for the tokens in the CT are defined in the code :)

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 18:53
and thanks of course for pointing that out :) really didn't know of this in the CT :)

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 19:12
So, it is reuploaded, this was very easy to fix, @Blackfoot :) Thanks again :)

When you hover over the token in the CT then the hotkeys there are:

ALT + Wheel: Change scaling
ALT + SHIFT + Wheel: Change scaling but with bigger increment

(I didn't want to code it in the same way as for hovering over the token on the map. On one hand you have to look on the token on the map for the height or facing widget such that there is no reason to do that on the CT and not directly over the token on the map; on the other hand I have seen that the native code has this "Change scaling with bigger increment" and I wanted to keep that. To avoid conflicts with the height label when using ALT + SHIFT + Wheel, it is better to not implement the SHIFT + Wheel function while hovering over the token in the CT :) Similar argument for the facing. Though one could implement one of them (like the facing), but I was not sure if it is worth that)

It still probably only works for 3.3.10 :) And also be aware of that there might be incompatibilities with other extensions (and some rulesets; SavageWorlds tend to not work well with extensions, even when they are written for CoreRPG :) )

aribethdm
March 26th, 2020, 23:38
looks like its not working on mac. maybe not detecting the center wheel. idk, anyway ty for your work

Kelrugem
March 27th, 2020, 00:54
looks like its not working on mac. maybe not detecting the center wheel. idk, anyway ty for your work

Ah, yes, it crossed my mind once that mac will probably not really work well for this which is the reason why I was thinking about adding an extra field for height in the CT which also adds this label as an alternative. I am sick at the moment but when someone has an idea how to fix this for macs then I would appreciate it :) (I have zero knowledge about macs, never used one)

madman
March 27th, 2020, 03:54
I hope you get better soon!

Kelrugem
March 27th, 2020, 04:13
I hope you get better soon!

thank you :)

Naroe
April 9th, 2020, 15:14
I thought Id give it a whirl in FGU and see what happens. Works ok, font is invisible, changing it to arial made it a white shadow font, at least it was readable. (Fonts are flakey in FGU)

And it had an interaction with 5e Death Indicator extended. Basically stopped death indicator working.

FYI

Kelrugem
April 9th, 2020, 15:27
I thought Id give it a whirl in FGU and see what happens. Works ok, font is invisible, changing it to arial made it a white shadow font, at least it was readable. (Fonts are flakey in FGU)

And it had an interaction with 5e Death Indicator extended. Basically stopped death indicator working.

FYI

Thank you :)

Yeah, I didn't really look at FGU yet, wanted to wait for official release first :) But thanks for the information about the font :)

About compatibilities: I try to make my 3.5/PF1 extensions compatible with everything running around but I am not sure whether or not I start to do the same with respect to every ruleset like 5e, because otherwise I will not have time for anything else :D But I am very happy about, when someone helps here in some sort :) (though I wonder why the death indicator stops working because my overlay extension in 3.5/PF1, which is doing something similar, does not get disturbed; probably the death indicator is doing it different than that :) )

Naroe
April 10th, 2020, 02:28
Cool,

I might have a play with your code then to see if i can figure out where the interaction is coming from.

This is an image with 5E Death Indicators extended and no Height.ext
(My work arounds for height, The wing and number tokens are what i was planning for indicating creature was flying and its height, the other way was to change the number of the creature add a 0 and height hence its not creature 0140 , it indicating its at height 140)

This image is with the Height.ext turned on, and that was only change. As you can see the damage system has reverted back to vertical rather than overhead HP bar. The blood has vanished. And you can see what happens with the font (arial because your font was invisible)

Kelrugem
April 10th, 2020, 09:45
Cool,

I might have a play with your code then to see if i can figure out where the interaction is coming from.

This is an image with 5E Death Indicators extended and no Height.ext
(My work arounds for height, The wing and number tokens are what i was planning for indicating creature was flying and its height, the other way was to change the number of the creature add a 0 and height hence its not creature 0140 , it indicating its at height 140)

This image is with the Height.ext turned on, and that was only change. As you can see the damage system has reverted back to vertical rather than overhead HP bar. The blood has vanished. And you can see what happens with the font (arial because your font was invisible)

ah oki :)

About the font: That is due to FGU, in FGC you would see something different, more readable :) I have to change the font for that :)

About the overwrite of the health bar etc.: My naive assumption is that your other extension is also overwriting manager_token.lua :) Especially see whether both extensions overwrite the same. Basically you then only have to merge both extensions, probably merge manager_token.lua (but I didn't open the death indicator yet) :)

Ulric
May 8th, 2020, 04:29
Ah, yes, it crossed my mind once that mac will probably not really work well for this which is the reason why I was thinking about adding an extra field for height in the CT which also adds this label as an alternative. I am sick at the moment but when someone has an idea how to fix this for macs then I would appreciate it :) (I have zero knowledge about macs, never used one)

Any chance you can find time to fix this for the Mac? Please!

Kelrugem
May 11th, 2020, 02:20
Any chance you can find time to fix this for the Mac? Please!

I would need help for that, I have no idea how to do that for Macs, maybe for FGU with its native Mac support. I try to see whether I can ever fix that :) Sorry for my late response

fadedshadow589
May 11th, 2020, 18:17
Kelrugem, really appreciate all the work you've done for Fantasy Grounds, you're extensions and posts have been very useful for me!

Really glad to have height as an option, however, it seems to be conflicting with CoreRPG - Has Initiative Indicator and CoreRPG - Token View Options. Would a compatibility patch be possible or feasible? I'd love to be able to use this along with those two!

Thanks again for all your contributions!

Kelrugem
May 11th, 2020, 22:30
Kelrugem, really appreciate all the work you've done for Fantasy Grounds, you're extensions and posts have been very useful for me!

Really glad to have height as an option, however, it seems to be conflicting with CoreRPG - Has Initiative Indicator and CoreRPG - Token View Options. Would a compatibility patch be possible or feasible? I'd love to be able to use this along with those two!

Thanks again for all your contributions!

Thank your for your words :)

Hm, I do not have so much time for any further developing; I try to see whether I can make the height label compatible with these extensions when I have found time for doing it :)

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2020, 14:04
I'm not sure if this is something that you can fix or not.. but when you drag a height altered token to a new map it probably 'should' forget it's height information.

Kelrugem
June 4th, 2020, 14:17
I'm not sure if this is something that you can fix or not.. but when you drag a height altered token to a new map it probably 'should' forget it's height information.

hm, you're right this would be a nice feature :) I try to add it when I find time again to code a bit more :) Thanks for the suggestion :)

EDIT: Though that might be problematic for people who have e.g. one big level of a dungeon which is split into several images; then a change of the image is not necessarily a "new" dungeon or so. But that is rarer than the other situation :) (and even less important for FGU then) So, I think it would be good to let it vanish (maybe I can even bind a hotkey to it to change that behaviour when needed)

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2020, 14:22
Regardless, I find this to be a very useful extension and use it all the time now.

Kelrugem
June 4th, 2020, 14:27
Regardless, I find this to be a very useful extension and use it all the time now.

Thanks for the kind words :)

kevininrussia
June 6th, 2020, 08:54
Working good in 4e Unity. No problem with my 4e version of Death Indicator.

https://i.imgur.com/rSB8hqt.png

Thanks Kel!

Kelrugem
June 6th, 2020, 09:03
Working good in 4e Unity. No problem with my 4e version of Death Indicator.

https://i.imgur.com/rSB8hqt.png

Thanks Kel!

Ah, looks like that its issues with FGU fixes themselves; that is how like it! :D

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 15:33
I'm still having issues scaling creatures when this extension is running unfortunately. The players seem to be able to do it when the tokens are unlocked.. but I (as GM) can't seem to do it anytime. :(

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 16:55
I'm still having issues scaling creatures when this extension is running unfortunately. The players seem to be able to do it when the tokens are unlocked.. but I (as GM) can't seem to do it anytime. :(

I can't replicate sadly for me the scaling works as normal, do you run any other extension or FGU? :) (in FGU it won't run at the moment, also when you're on the test server, I think)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 17:01
And I also have realized that there is an issue with rotation on hex grids (due to the different number of adjacent fields) :) Maybe you use hex grids? When coding this extension I hadn't Hex grids really in mind; I try to update this soon when updating to 3.3.11 :)

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 18:49
Hmm.. HEX seemed to work for me.. but.. I'm still running tests for the scaling issue.

OK.. running in Pathfinder with NO other extensions running.. I can't get PCs to scale.
Shift - Mod token Height
Ctrl - Spin the token
Alt - zip

and when I try to do anything in the combat tracker.. nothing happens.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:05
Can't get it to work in 5e with no extensions either. (scaling that is.. everything else works fine)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:08
Hmm.. HEX seemed to work for me.. but.. I'm still running tests for the scaling issue.

OK.. running in Pathfinder with NO other extensions running.. I can't get PCs to scale.
Shift - Mod token Height
Ctrl - Spin the token
Alt - zip

hm, that is very strange, for me it certainly works. I wonder why you have that error. Just to exclude very exotic errors: The Alt key in general still works for you in FG? So, e.g. the hotkeys change at the bottom? Did you try to redownload the extension? :)

That is very strange because for me it completely works, I even tested it now in 3.3.11 and it gladly still works there. I wonder what the issue is, I try to find whether my code has some edge cases I am not aware of :)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:10
Can't get it to work in 5e with no extensions either. (scaling that is.. everything else works fine)

Hm, very strange. I have attached my version of the extension now, could you download and try again then? Then you have certainly my version of the extension

(just for testing, the size is maybe not the size you use for the height label)

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:10
In case it is relevant.. I'm using the Height medium version.
I'll try downloading it again.

Nope. No luck there either.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:18
OK.. here's an interesting thing.
When I do Ctrl-wheel it tells me:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:48: attempt to call field 'getGridType' (a nil value)
and scales the token with the version you just posted.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:24
Downloaded the Height.ext version from post 1.. it did the same stuff I posted previously.. the Ctrl error seems to be part of that newer version.. the Alt error (which doesn't actually throw an error.. it just doesn't do anything) seems to be part of the version from March.

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:26
OK.. here's an interesting thing.
When I do Ctrl-wheel it tells me:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:48: attempt to call field 'getGridType' (a nil value)
and scales the token with the version you just posted.

oki, yeah, the gridType thing comes because I accidentally uploaded my test height extension in post #54 (I am in the process of fixing some hex grid error; sorry, I should have looked first which version I send you. As you see the hex fix does not work yet :D)

Besides that: I have no idea why now the scaling works. Nothing in that version treats the scaling differently. Hmm, very strange

Here is again this version, but with medium size now :) I commented out the grid stuff, so, this version should hopefully completely work for you then now; in the next days I will hopefully upload the new version with better hex handling

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:30
Downloaded the Height.ext version from post 1.. it did the same stuff I posted previously.. the Ctrl error seems to be part of that newer version.. the Alt error (which doesn't actually throw an error.. it just doesn't do anything) seems to be part of the version from March.

Strange, I just redownloaded from the first post here and it works for me. Hm :D

Well, in the previous post, #58, I uploaded the other extension with your size and without the grid error :) That hopefully works for you, we maybe should simply accept that it now works whatever the problem was :D (though I will still investigate what it could be)

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:30
Hrm.. now it's tossing this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:42: attempt to call field 'isClientFGU' (a nil value)
...and the scaling still isn't working. :(

Sorry man. I really like this extension and use it all the time (lots of aerial and undersea combats).. I've been working around the scaling issue with a bit of frustration.. but the height thing is really cool.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2020, 19:36
I switched back to the medium version from post #1, everything works except the scaling (and no errors). I am not seeing your issue with the HEX grids when I use it with those.. but HEX grids are a bit problematic and not well supported in general... so I tend to expect funkiness there.

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:41
Hrm.. now it's tossing this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:42: attempt to call field 'isClientFGU' (a nil value)
...and the scaling still isn't working. :(

Sorry man. I really like this extension and use it all the time (lots of aerial and undersea combats).. I've been working around the scaling issue with a bit of frustration.. but the height thing is really cool.

Ah, yes, because that version is already for 3.3.11. So, that here is the 3.3.10 extension. But that is normally exactly the one of the first post, but the only real difference to the other one is just in some small pieces which do not affect the scaling at all (just some different name of a function)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:42
I switched back to the medium version from post #1, everything works except the scaling (and no errors). I am not seeing your issue with the HEX grids when I use it with those.. but HEX grids are a bit problematic and not well supported in general... so I tend to expect funkiness there.

Oki, in the worst case wait until 3.3.11 is released and when I upload my 3.3.11 version :) For whatever reason the scaling then works for you, although I do not see why. Probably already next Tuesday (or the one after) 3.3.11 will be released :)

EDIT: At least I hope it works then. Seemingly it only worked when you had that grid error which I completely cannot understand :D (I mean why should the erroneous version work :D)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2020, 19:56
But I will look at the code again :) I am very sorry that the scaling does not work for you; since I can't replicate the issue it will be hard to fix, but I hope that I find something :)

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2020, 01:05
I have updated the extension to 3.3.11 now, at the moment it also works for FGU, too, but no guarantee that this stays for future updates of FGU which happen quite frequently :)

I improved the flexibility with respect to other grids. The rotation now takes the set orientation count of the grid into account. (That is set by the ruleset; before that I always used the standard value for square grids, now it should be more compatible with every ruleset and grid)

Please only download when you play with 3.3.11 and/or on FGU :)

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2020, 01:20

Hi Blackfoot :)

I looked again at this stuff but couldn't find anything. Actually, the way how this extension scales tokens doesn't change compared with the native code, I just changed the hotkey. But do you feel comfortable changing code?

If yes, here is the place where you can find the code for the scaling: Open manager_height.lua in the extension (in \scripts). Look for the function onWheel. The piece of code you need to look at is:

elseif Input.isAltPressed() then
local scale = target.getScale();
if UtilityManager.isClientFGU() then
local adj = notches * 0.1;
if adj < 0 then
scale = scale * (1 + adj);
else
scale = scale * (1 / (1 - adj));
end
else
scale = scale + notches/10;
if scale <= 0.1 then scale = 0.1 end
end
target.setScale(scale);
end

When you play FGC then just look at the stuff after the last else, you can try to change the /10 to other numbers to switch the resolution of the scaling. When you try this out, could you report whether this helps you at some point?

Kelrugem
July 21st, 2020, 21:52
Another short update for 3.3.11 due to the changes in 3.3.11 yesterday :)

Morhion
August 13th, 2020, 23:01
any chance range measurement might make its way into this ?...would seriously kick *** if it did :D

Kelrugem
August 13th, 2020, 23:07
any chance range measurement might make its way into this ?...would seriously kick *** if it did :D

Maybe, when I find time for this :) Needs to be very system agnostic, the most straightforward idea would be probably to assume a 3D grid and extending the measurement rules of the ruleset to the third dimension :) (I am not a fan of using the Euclidean measure when one does not already use the Euclidean measure in the typical grid plane :) )

bmos
August 13th, 2020, 23:09
Do you remember what the rules issues you were having a hard time overcoming for that were?
Oh, I didn't realize this wasn't just a 3.5E extension, nevermind :)

Kelrugem
August 13th, 2020, 23:16
Do you remember what the rules issues you were having a hard time overcoming for that were?
Oh, I didn't realize this wasn't just a 3.5E extension, nevermind :)

hehe, yeah :D It is not a problem with a specific system :D (At some point I wanted to add AURA effects to 3.5e, then I might integrate it to one of the extensions there such that height could be respected in aura stuff :) )

kevininrussia
August 14th, 2020, 19:03
hehe, yeah :D It is not a problem with a specific system :D (At some point I wanted to add AURA effects to 3.5e, then I might integrate it to one of the extensions there such that height could be respected in aura stuff :) )

Be cool and make it compatible with 4e! :-D

Kelrugem
August 14th, 2020, 23:31
Be cool and make it compatible with 4e! :-D

hehe :D I try, an aura indicator might work on a CoreRPG level :)

karter705
August 24th, 2020, 19:34
There seems to be a bug, at least in version 8-20 of FGU (I think it was the previous version that introduced the bug -- prior to that it seemed to be working for me) -- it still works on player for player tokens, but for NPC tokens I can't get it to create the height label. Additionally, for NPCs where I am using an Image instead of a Token, it won't let me increase the size (holding alt+mouse scroll decreases the size). I'm not great at Lua and have never really looked at the FG extension framework until now, but I threw in a few debug lines and printed out the before/after scale, and it did seem to be increasing the overall scale of the token while on the map it was shrinking.

kevininrussia
August 24th, 2020, 20:03
Hight label is working on NPC's here with latest build.

Interesting on the shrinking Token. I have experienced similar issue on some tokens. I might have used Image instead of Token on them. I will have to check that.

karter705
August 24th, 2020, 20:26
Hight label is working on NPC's here with latest build.

Interesting on the shrinking Token. I have experienced similar issue on some tokens. I might have used Image instead of Token on them. I will have to check that.

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the underlying implementation in the TokenManager, too -- or something with how it gets the token instance/target in this case (since it works without the extension). I was able to get the label working on NPCs again -- that seemed to be due to the fact that the NPC was not in the Combat Tracker, in which case the handler is unable to access the token. I modified the height manager a bit to see if I could just pass on the token resize to the default helper, but I'm seeing the same issue (sorry, I don't see a code tag on this forum):

if not target then
return false
end

if Input.isShiftPressed() then
if not hasHeightWidget(target) then
createHeightWidget(target);
else
if notches > 0 then
doIncreaseHeight(notches,target);
else
doDecreaseHeight(notches,target);
end
end
elseif Input.isAltPressed() then
local vImage = ImageManager.getImageControl(target, true);
local OrientationCount = vImage.getTokenOrientationCount();
target.setOrientation((target.getOrientation()+not ches)%OrientationCount);
elseif Input.isControlPressed() then
TokenManager.onWheelHelper(target, notches);
end

return true;

bmos
August 24th, 2020, 20:56
Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the underlying implementation in the TokenManager, too -- or something with how it gets the token instance/target in this case (since it works without the extension). I was able to get the label working on NPCs again -- that seemed to be due to the fact that the NPC was not in the Combat Tracker, in which case the handler is unable to access the token. I modified the height manager a bit to see if I could just pass on the token resize to the default helper, but I'm seeing the same issue (sorry, I don't see a code tag on this forum):There is a code tag, they just don't have the button for it visible for some reason.
It's [ CODE ] like usual (without the spaces).

karter705
August 24th, 2020, 20:57
Ahha! It seems sometimes the target is just a node, and not necessarily a token -- in this case you have to turn the selected node into the token from the CT. I did this and it seems to work, now:

local nodeCT = CombatManager.getCTFromToken(target);
if nodeCT then
TokenManager.onWheelHelper(nodeCT, notches);
end

This seems to work in all cases (that I tried, which were 3: player token, default NPC token, NPC image token), but it does change the default keybindings you used (this is because the underlying handler has a check for control pressed, dont ask me why) -- might need a bit more work to fit this in to your original version, but this solves my issue. Great work on this, by the way!

Edit: Note that the default mouse wheel helper has a call that converts the node to the CT Token, which you'd likely need that call as well if you want to override that completely instead of passing it on to the default handler like I do -- I assume that you'd need to make the call to get the node and then the call to get the token which is
local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

There is a code tag, they just don't have the button for it visible for some reason.
It's [ CODE ] like usual (without the spaces).

Thank you! fixed!

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2020, 04:32
Ahha! It seems sometimes the target is just a node, and not necessarily a token -- in this case you have to turn the selected node into the token from the CT. I did this and it seems to work, now:

local nodeCT = CombatManager.getCTFromToken(target);
if nodeCT then
TokenManager.onWheelHelper(nodeCT, notches);
end

This seems to work in all cases (that I tried, which were 3: player token, default NPC token, NPC image token), but it does change the default keybindings you used (this is because the underlying handler has a check for control pressed, dont ask me why) -- might need a bit more work to fit this in to your original version, but this solves my issue. Great work on this, by the way!

Edit: Note that the default mouse wheel helper has a call that converts the node to the CT Token, which you'd likely need that call as well if you want to override that completely instead of passing it on to the default handler like I do -- I assume that you'd need to make the call to get the node and then the call to get the token which is
local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

Thank you! fixed!

Yes, my extensions are in general not for FGU at the moment :) Since FGU changes quickly, I'd need to change the height label extension all the time, and I sadly have no time at the moment to keep up with the updates on FGU (I have rarily free time at the moment) :) But you can of course reupload your version of the extension for other users of FGU :) At latest when FGU releases I will look at this again, the TokenManager often changes and I probably just need to update that with the new updates of FGU :)

karter705
August 25th, 2020, 06:15
Yes, my extensions are in general not for FGU at the moment :) Since FGU changes quickly, I'd need to change the height label extension all the time, and I sadly have no time at the moment to keep up with the updates on FGU (I have rarily free time at the moment) :) But you can of course reupload your version of the extension for other users of FGU :) At latest when FGU releases I will look at this again, the TokenManager often changes and I probably just need to update that with the new updates of FGU :)

Oh -- for sure, I wouldn't expect folks to maintain extension FGU given that it is in early access (or in general, honestly, its FOSS there is no obligation lol) -- I really only commented in the first place because it had worked and then stopped working, and it seemed you had future proofed it a bit for FGU in the most recent version since you had the check for the FGU client, so I thought you might want to know (and honestly I didn't think I would be able to fix it, or I would've just waited and posted the fix).

In any case, attached is my bodged together fix for FGU 8-20 with Image Tokens, for anyone that is interested (the code change is in the manager_height.lua -- you can unzip the .ext and its in the scripts folder, for those that want to change it themselves) Note: I didn't update the version in the extension metadata because that's how I roll (and I forgot until just now. I don't think it matters)

Thanks again for the great work (this is literally the only extension that I use for FGU :) My players have a bunch of giant owls so it is critical. )

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2020, 06:34
Oh -- for sure, I wouldn't expect folks to maintain extension FGU given that it is in early access (or in general, honestly, its FOSS there is no obligation lol) -- I really only commented in the first place because it had worked and then stopped working, and it seemed you had future proofed it a bit for FGU in the most recent version since you had the check for the FGU client, so I thought you might want to know (and honestly I didn't think I would be able to fix it, or I would've just waited and posted the fix).

In any case, attached is my bodged together fix for FGU 8-20 with Image Tokens, for anyone that is interested (the code change is in the manager_height.lua -- you can unzip the .ext and its in the scripts folder, for those that want to change it themselves) Note: I didn't update the version in the extension metadata because that's how I roll (and I forgot until just now. I don't think it matters)

Thanks again for the great work (this is literally the only extension that I use for FGU :) My players have a bunch of giant owls so it is critical. )

Cool, thanks :D and yes, I surely appreciate the informations :)

Hehe, yeah, I am always too optimistic and thought it is now more future-proof, but I am always proven otherwise :D Though the last future-proofness was rather about the grid types :)

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 12:31

This extension will not work with the new version of FGU; sadly, I have absolutely no time now to update things. Hence, better do not use this extension with FGU at the moment :)

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 13:47
But that is based on some report, I didn't check the new changes yet :) So, it may or may not still work :D (as I general advise at the moment :D Sorry, that I have no time yet to fully support FGU :) )

bmos
October 9th, 2020, 14:05
I just did some A/B testing with no extensions and then with just this extension.
It does work (technically), but the color coded arrows for distance have different coloration.
That seems to be the only thing, however, after extended testing.

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 14:11
I just did some A/B testing with no extensions and then with just this extension.
It does work (technically), but overrides some of the new Unity features.
Token locking is functional, but behaves differently and looks different than it does without this extension loaded.

Ah oki :) Thanks for testing :)

Oki, I try to update when I get the time :) should be straightforward

bmos
October 9th, 2020, 17:41
Turns out the thing I was seeing is still present without extensions (the arrow color gradient is different for host and client).
I see no compatibility issue (but might be missing one).

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 22:38
The bug seems to be in that the token selection ring and targetting arrow will just have the faction colour then and not the one of the client :)

Kelrugem
October 10th, 2020, 17:35
<- Disregard -> :D

kevininrussia
October 10th, 2020, 17:59
ONLY for FGU :)

Oki, now I took shortly the time to update, it was straightforward, I think :) Beware: I attach the new versions only to this post, because they will not work with the current version of FGC; beware, as usual, a new update of FGU might break it again :)

The following versions are now compatible with the new version of FGU :) Since FGU has now finally hotkeys for rotation, this extension will not overwrite the hotkeys anymore :) The hotkeys are now as usual for FGU, and the height hotkey is now ALT+Wheel :) (over the token on the map)

Please let me know whether it works as intended :)

Best,

Kelrugem

Not working on Client side.

Hight with Alt not working.

Selection of Player token on Client side not working.

Kelrugem
October 10th, 2020, 18:00
Not working on Client side.

Hight with Alt not working.

Selection of Player token on Client side not working.

I just tested, and I do not have any issues on player side :) Do you run any other extensions?

EDIT: Oh, wait, now I may see what you mean, I shortly take a look :)

kevininrussia
October 10th, 2020, 18:01
Its working.

I had two tokens that were the same and was selecting the wrong one.

Ooops. User error

Kelrugem
October 10th, 2020, 18:06
oki, the stuff with ownerships of tokens is in FGU now completely different seemingly; so, please do not use this extension in FGU now, it is only for FGC. I sadly do not have the time to understand the new ownership structure until I have more time :)

Kelrugem
October 10th, 2020, 18:14
Its working.

I had two tokens that were the same and was selecting the wrong one.

Ooops. User error

Nah, there is indeed a problem with the ownership :) I need to cater for all the new settings in FGU in that regard :) (or I hope FGU will have its own height widget :D )

Nylanfs
October 12th, 2020, 19:22
Have you tried, you know, winning the lottery so you can focus on your hobbies 100%? :D

Kelrugem
October 12th, 2020, 19:36
Have you tried, you know, winning the lottery so you can focus on your hobbies 100%? :D

:D

Sadly, my research is too interesting for me, too :D

Nylanfs
October 13th, 2020, 19:00
If you are filthy rich even research becomes a hobby... :D

Kelrugem
October 13th, 2020, 19:58
If you are filthy rich even research becomes a hobby... :D

hm, you are right...

*Casts haste, leaves flat to buy a lottery ticket!*

Willot
October 15th, 2020, 00:54
Nah, there is indeed a problem with the ownership :) I need to cater for all the new settings in FGU in that regard :) (or I hope FGU will have its own height widget :D )

I placed a token on a map (AS GM). WORKS!

I then joined with a player and once in, cleared ownership. Allowed player to take ownership. Player could NOT alter Height on the token on the map (GM could)

I Deleted the token on the map and then replaced it. NOW player could alter the height.

Seems the map remembers who had ownership of token when it was placed on the map. If the ownership changes for some reason, Map doesn't care!

Delete the token and then Replace it...

Ill let you know if I find any other problems

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2020, 01:00
I placed a token on a map (AS GM). WORKS!

I then joined with a player and once in, cleared ownership. Allowed player to take ownership. Player could NOT alter Height on the token on the map (GM could)

I Deleted the token on the map and then replaced it. NOW player could alter the height.

Seems the map remembers who had ownership of token when it was placed on the map. If the ownership changes for some reason, Map doesn't care!

Delete the token and then Replace it...

Ill let you know if I find any other problems

Ah, interesting, this will help me in solving the problem later for FGU :) Thank you very much :) (a change of ownership while the token is already placed may be even a problem in FGC, need to test :) )

Minethulhu
October 21st, 2020, 23:52
This is only partially working for me, but I am almost positive it is my environment.

What works:
no key + mouse wheel = does nothing (as expected)
ctrl + mouse wheel = change token orientation
alt + mouse wheel = change token size

What doesn't work:
shift + mouse wheel = it does nothing (and is really the whole point of this extension)

This is with *only* this extension loaded with the 5E ruleset. However, I very much suspect it is the way I am running that is causing my issues.

MacOS 10.15.7 (since Apple dropped 32-bit support, I can no longer run 32-bit Fantasy Grounds Classic directly, thus...)
Parallels Desktop 15
Windows 10
Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11

I'm *assuming* Parallels is either redirecting or blocking the shift + mouse wheel input prior to getting to FG. Anybody seen this issue? Any pointers on testing? I've made some minor tweaks to my parallels config, but so far no luck.

When I have time and am not multitasking with other applications, I'll reboot directly into Windows to confirm this works. Either that or I'll have a remote player test this natively on Windows while I'm running as "normal".

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2020, 00:13
This is only partially working for me, but I am almost positive it is my environment.

What works:
no key + mouse wheel = does nothing (as expected)
ctrl + mouse wheel = change token orientation
alt + mouse wheel = change token size

What doesn't work:
shift + mouse wheel = it does nothing (and is really the whole point of this extension)

This is with *only* this extension loaded with the 5E ruleset. However, I very much suspect it is the way I am running that is causing my issues.

MacOS 10.15.7 (since Apple dropped 32-bit support, I can no longer run 32-bit Fantasy Grounds Classic directly, thus...)
Parallels Desktop 15
Windows 10
Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11

I'm *assuming* Parallels is either redirecting or blocking the shift + mouse wheel input prior to getting to FG. Anybody seen this issue? Any pointers on testing? I've made some minor tweaks to my parallels config, but so far no luck.

When I have time and am not multitasking with other applications, I'll reboot directly into Windows to confirm this works. Either that or I'll have a remote player test this natively on Windows while I'm running as "normal".

Yes, some pages before someone else was reporting that it is not (only partially) working for Mac; I asked whether someone can help me to adjust the extension for Macs, but so far I could not adjust it, I am also not sure whether it is possible to adjust this in an extension :) But I hope that there is a solution :)

Minethulhu
October 22nd, 2020, 20:50
Yes, some pages before someone else was reporting that it is not (only partially) working for Mac; I asked whether someone can help me to adjust the extension for Macs, but so far I could not adjust it, I am also not sure whether it is possible to adjust this in an extension :) But I hope that there is a solution :)

Interesting. I'm running through a windows virtual machine on a mac (rather than running windows natively). It appears whatever MacOS is doing, it is interfering with even a virtual operating system.

I did have one of my players on Windows see if they could change token heights on their end with my current setup. It also didn't work for them. We both noted normal mousewheel does nothing (as expected) and could use Ctrl - Mouse Wheel to change facing, so I assume we are doing this right. I still need to try booting natively to Windows.

There's another extension that does height and a bunch more things (I believe something like combat enhancer + token helper). That one also doesn't work (for setting token height), so I suspect the two are capturing mouse scroll wheel input in a similar way.

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2020, 21:20
Interesting. I'm running through a windows virtual machine on a mac (rather than running windows natively). It appears whatever MacOS is doing, it is interfering with even a virtual operating system.

I did have one of my players on Windows see if they could change token heights on their end with my current setup. It also didn't work for them. We both noted normal mousewheel does nothing (as expected) and could use Ctrl - Mouse Wheel to change facing, so I assume we are doing this right. I still need to try booting natively to Windows.

There's another extension that does height and a bunch more things (I believe something like combat enhancer + token helper). That one also doesn't work (for setting token height), so I suspect the two are capturing mouse scroll wheel input in a similar way.

hmmm, very strange. How do you add the tokens? Do you add them from the CT? That is important, otherwise the code cannot add a height label :) Pure naked tokens can have no overlays (as far as I know) :)

Minethulhu
October 23rd, 2020, 01:41
hmmm, very strange. How do you add the tokens? Do you add them from the CT? That is important, otherwise the code cannot add a height label :) Pure naked tokens can have no overlays (as far as I know) :)

All tokens were from CT. I tried on a PC, a Draft Horse and a wagon (that had a spot on the CT). I believe my player only tried on his own PC.

I can try again if you wish, but I think I did things right.

Kelrugem
October 23rd, 2020, 01:47
All tokens were from CT. I tried on a PC, a Draft Horse and a wagon (that had a spot on the CT). I believe my player only tried on his own PC.

I can try again if you wish, but I think I did things right.

Hm, I think that there might be indeed some bug, Blackfoot reported some similar bug also some pages ago, but I can sadly not reproduce it, hence, I suspect that it might be caused by something external, maybe a special programme used for defining hotkeys etc., I am not sure.

Can you maybe try one of the other extensions here from the first page? Of a different size. Not that one of these is accidentally wrong for whatever reason while I have the correct code in my own environment :)

Minethulhu
October 23rd, 2020, 02:04
Hm, I think that there might be indeed some bug, Blackfoot reported some similar bug also some pages ago, but I can sadly not reproduce it, hence, I suspect that it might be caused by something external, maybe a special programme used for defining hotkeys etc., I am not sure.

Can you maybe try one of the other extensions here from the first page? Of a different size. Not that one of these is accidentally wrong for whatever reason while I have the correct code in my own environment :)

I already tried both normal and large versions of the extensions.

I did find something which I believe is the cause of the problem. On MacOS shift-mouse wheel allows you to scroll horizontally (on screens with that have a left-right scroll). Presumably the OS is intercepting the call. I'm not seeing any option in System Preferences for MacOS to disable this "feature". Any chance to change keys?

Without this extension mousewheel alone changes facing.
With this extension, both CTRL-mousewheel and ALT-mousewheel work to change orientation and change token size (forget which order).
I currently have command-mousewheel (command is like the windows key and should be on all macs) set to zoom in and out on my mac screen, but this can be disabled.

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2020, 02:38
Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?
In FG Unity, I know we just handled that special case on Mac (Shift + mouse wheel translating to horizontal scroll is intercepted back to standard wheel with modifier key).

Regards,
JPG

Minethulhu
October 23rd, 2020, 02:51
Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?
In FG Unity, I know we just handled that special case on Mac (Shift + mouse wheel translating to horizontal scroll is intercepted back to standard wheel with modifier key).

Regards,
JPG

FG Classic. I do have a FGU license, but it's like herding cats to get my players to move...

Kelrugem
October 23rd, 2020, 03:59
I already tried both normal and large versions of the extensions.

I did find something which I believe is the cause of the problem. On MacOS shift-mouse wheel allows you to scroll horizontally (on screens with that have a left-right scroll). Presumably the OS is intercepting the call. I'm not seeing any option in System Preferences for MacOS to disable this "feature". Any chance to change keys?

Without this extension mousewheel alone changes facing.
With this extension, both CTRL-mousewheel and ALT-mousewheel work to change orientation and change token size (forget which order).
I currently have command-mousewheel (command is like the windows key and should be on all macs) set to zoom in and out on my mac screen, but this can be disabled.

Sadly, I think I can only put things on shift, ctrl and alt :/ The only thing I can really suggest is to switch to unity because of its native Mac support; but I sadly had no time yet to update this extension to unity sadly :)

Minethulhu
October 25th, 2020, 13:43
Sadly, I think I can only put things on shift, ctrl and alt :/ The only thing I can really suggest is to switch to unity because of its native Mac support; but I sadly had no time yet to update this extension to unity sadly :)

Since I know these work with Fantasy Grounds while interacting with tokens from the CT (some with and some without your extension):

no modifier key + mouse wheel
CTRL + mouse wheel
ALT + mouse wheel

and only this doesn't appear to work:

SHIFT + mouse wheel

Would it be possible to have your modifier key mapping configurable in the settings menu of Fantasy Grounds? Since we only need 3 modifiers and we have 4 to choose from (assuming "no modifier" is viable) this might be an option to make this work. It should probably default to current configuration to not confuse current users, but assuming this works, it "might" (possibly big assumption) make this work on a mac.

No hurry or pressure if you have other life commitments. I recognize this might be a big ask for potentially a small (and maybe shrinking) portion of your users, so I can survive by fudging and making scribbles on the map as I have in the past...

Kelrugem
October 25th, 2020, 14:12
Since I know these work with Fantasy Grounds while interacting with tokens from the CT (some with and some without your extension):

no modifier key + mouse wheel
CTRL + mouse wheel
ALT + mouse wheel

and only this doesn't appear to work:

SHIFT + mouse wheel

Would it be possible to have your modifier key mapping configurable in the settings menu of Fantasy Grounds? Since we only need 3 modifiers and we have 4 to choose from (assuming "no modifier" is viable) this might be an option to make this work. It should probably default to current configuration to not confuse current users, but assuming this works, it "might" (possibly big assumption) make this work on a mac.

No hurry or pressure if you have other life commitments. I recognize this might be a big ask for potentially a small (and maybe shrinking) portion of your users, so I can survive by fudging and making scribbles on the map as I have in the past...

Hm, I try to think about something :) maybe also combinations of two hotkeys instead :) I have sadly not much time at the moment, but I try to think about it when I hopefully have time to update to 3.3.12 (which comes soon) :)

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2020, 02:45
oki, I have finally found the problem in FGU: It is actually also a problem in FGC: It is token locking. Token locking blocks that the players can create their height widget. If someone wants, I can provide now the FGU compatible version but it does not yet work well with token locking :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 4th, 2020, 02:46
I want Kelrugem :D

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2020, 02:47

Shift - Mod token Height
Ctrl - Spin the token
Alt - zip

Blackfoot, out of curiosity, in case you still follow the thread. Is your problem maybe also linked to lock tokens? I may have found the culprit then (though I do not know yet how to solve that) :) I never used locking tokens so far, that may then explain why I couldn't reproduce it

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2020, 23:12
I want Kelrugem :D

Oh, oops, sorry, I did not see your message because I was writing the other answer to Blackfoot at the same time :D

Yes, I will upload the new version compatible with FGU and 3.3.12 in the next days :)

It looks like that the mentioned bug, where clients cannot create the height widget, is just an edge case, not related to Lock Tokens :) So, not as bad as I thought :) I will write again when the new version is up :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 5th, 2020, 01:15
ok, thanks Kelrugem :D

Kelrugem
November 5th, 2020, 21:06
New version for 3.3.12 :) It now also works with FGU :)

Just some disclaimer: In some very rare occasions it may be that the client cannot produce a height widget, then e.g. create the height widget first as GM, and then the client should have the ownership to do it :) (the only situation I have found was that when the tokens are already on a map when the session starts and the GM did not yet open that map; but after the GM opened the map it should work)

Kelrugem
November 6th, 2020, 04:02
The height label does by the way not yet respect the grid data of the FGU sidebar (where you can now define the range suffix and the increment); I will do that in some future update because that would be probably a nice feature I think :)

Kelrugem
November 8th, 2020, 20:35
New version for 3.3.12 :) It now also works with FGU :)

Just some disclaimer: In some very rare occasions it may be that the client cannot produce a height widget, then e.g. create the height widget first as GM, and then the client should have the ownership to do it :) (the only situation I have found was that when the tokens are already on a map when the session starts and the GM did not yet open that map; but after the GM opened the map it should work)

Oh, by the way, since FGU and FGC now have also a hotkey for facing, I mimiced that, so, Shift+Wheel: Facing; CTRL+Wheel: Scaling; ALT+Wheel: Height :) Then the extension just adds something on ALT and does not change typical behaviour

Weissrolf
November 16th, 2020, 00:58
Does the latest version allow to zoom via mouse-wheel when the mouse-pointer is over a token (Unity default)?

Kelrugem
November 16th, 2020, 01:13
Does the latest version allow to zoom via mouse-wheel when the mouse-pointer is over a token (Unity default)?

No, it didn't, but yes, now it does :D

To all users, please redownload:

Moon Wizard suggested how to make my extension more compatible, now it just adds the ALT+Wheel functionality while everything else is inherited by FG itself :) (in the previous code I manually rebuilt everything else, which meant that I needed to guess; so, now higher compatibility. Maybe it even works now for macs (see previous reports)?) Especially, you can now zoom while hovering over a token

Thanks, Moon Wizard :)

(and thanks Weissrolf for remembering me that I forgot that part :D I forget too many things when I am also writing on my thesis while writing here :D)

Weissrolf
November 16th, 2020, 01:24
Works great, thanks! Unfortunately I already edited Height for different CTRL/ALT/SHIFT behavior before I noticed your own update. You latest works best in regards to modifier keys. ;)

PS: I modified the Roboto font extension to also alter the font of your Height extension. The default font is less legible and by modifying it via the font extension I can just download your updates without having to edit them each time.

Kelrugem
November 16th, 2020, 01:28
Works great, thanks! Unfortunately I already edited Height for different CTRL/ALT/SHIFT behavior before I noticed your own update. You latest works best in regards to modifier keys. ;)

PS: I modified the Roboto font extension to also alter the font of your Height extension. The default font is less legible and by modifying it via the font extension I can just download your updates without having to edit them each time.

Ah, nice :) And yeah, about the font I never really yet cared (whether or not there are better options) :D (I am honestly also a complete noob when it is about fonts)

Kelrugem
November 19th, 2020, 21:28
Reupload of the extension :) There is now a setting to change the hotkey for height (alt, ctrl, shift or just wheel) :) Only use this option (otherwise ignore) when you also use this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63788-Custom-Hotkeys&p=557859#post557859

Minethulhu
November 20th, 2020, 02:34
Reupload of the extension :) There is now a setting to change the hotkey for height (alt, ctrl, shift or just wheel) :) Only use this option (otherwise ignore) when you also use this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63788-Custom-Hotkeys&p=557859#post557859

Nice. Thank you!

I can report this now works in my weird configuration:

MacOS -> Parallels (Allows a Virtual OS) -> Windows 10 -> Fantasy Grounds Classic
NOTE: I (kinda) have to do this because MacOS no longer supports 32-bit programs (FGC).

Shift + Mousewheel still doesn't work, but all the other hotkeys seem to work fine.

However, I did find that with just these two extensions:

Height Label
Token View Options

the Height Label extension will no longer allow me to set heights of tokens.

Kelrugem
November 20th, 2020, 02:43
Nice. Thank you!

I can report this now works in my weird configuration:

MacOS -> Parallels (Allows a Virtual OS) -> Windows 10 -> Fantasy Grounds Classic
NOTE: I (kinda) have to do this because MacOS no longer supports 32-bit programs (FGC).

Shift + Mousewheel still doesn't work, but all the other hotkeys seem to work fine.

However, I did find that with just these two extensions:

Height Label
Token View Options

the Height Label extension will no longer allow me to set heights of tokens.

Cool :D

About the other hotkeys: Then you could try the other extension I linked above, then you can try to avoid shift at all :) Maybe that works then :)

I looked at the Token View Options: Yes, it sounds really like an extension which is incompatible with the height extension because we overwrite the same scripts :) But why you need the other extension? I skimmed through its thread, but one should already be able to adjust the visibility of effects and health for NPCs for DM and players separately in the settings, isn't it? Or do I miss some point? :)

xazil
November 24th, 2020, 07:50
Very cool and useful for both Starfinder and higher level fantasy games. It is working for me in both SF and PF2, but not Savage Worlds (using FGU if that helps), any ideas?

Blackfoot
November 24th, 2020, 16:08
Very cool and useful for both Starfinder and higher level fantasy games. It is working for me in both SF and PF2, but not Savage Worlds (using FGU if that helps), any ideas?

Heehee... right.. the height extension is working in higher level games...
When else would you.. oh right... it does negatives so lower level games would be good too!

xazil
November 24th, 2020, 16:35
Heh, for swimming yeah. But in current games I have people with jetpacks, druids who are a dragon most fights, flying wizards, fighters able to jump onto roof tops etc. height measure is great. Although I did hit a Unity bug where the height was invisible to some players until their token was placed on the map again. But I think that was a general FGU thing.

Kelrugem
November 24th, 2020, 19:41
Heehee... right.. the height extension is working in higher level games...
When else would you.. oh right... it does negatives so lower level games would be good too!

Savage Worlds does not (yet?) completely depend on CoreRPG, hence, CoreRPG extensions do often not work in Savage worlds sadly. There is not much I can do, because I cannot look into the Savage Worlds ruleset

(and when you can reproduce the bug you mentioned of your last post, then I can try to do something :) Where the tokens maybe already placed on the map before the client joined (or when the session started)?)

pablomaz
December 10th, 2020, 02:53
Hey, guys!
Kelrugem, is the height widget really pink with black letters or is it just me?:p
Maybe it's the theme I'm using (SirMotte Magnificent Darkness)?

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 03:04
Hey, guys!
Kelrugem, is the height widget really pink with black letters or is it just me?:p
Maybe it's the theme I'm using (SirMotte Magnificent Darkness)?

Yes, it could be the theme, at least it is not pink usually :D

Weissrolf
December 10th, 2020, 09:13
Mine look like these:

https://i.imgur.com/f1oZBKq.png

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 14:56
Mine look like these:

https://i.imgur.com/f1oZBKq.png

yeah, that is how it should look like :) (and it shows why I do not recommend to use typical name labels :D I prefer tooltips; sadly difficult to find a good position for the height label where it does not interfere with something)

Weissrolf
December 10th, 2020, 15:10
Here is the original font for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/F6DqcyT.png

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 15:19
Here is the original font for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/F6DqcyT.png

You mean you changed the font or do you want that it looks like a previous version? I never changed the font, but its display varies with each Unity update affecting fonts :) At some point I can try to look for other fonts

Weissrolf
December 10th, 2020, 15:32
<!-- Font used for Height -->
<font name="height">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf" name="Roboto" size="18" />
<color value="#000000" />
<shadow offset="1,1" color="#808080" />
</font>
;)

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 15:38
<!-- Font used for Height -->
<font name="height">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf" name="Roboto" size="18" />
<color value="#000000" />
<shadow offset="1,1" color="#808080" />
</font>
;)

Ah, you use Roboto :D

bmos
December 10th, 2020, 17:05
For the record, I much prefer the current font to roboto.
Roboto's letters are pretty similar in shape which makes sight reading harder (especially for those with some dyslexia).
It also relies on anti-aliasing to make it look good (which is an issue in FGU).

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 18:01
For the record, I much prefer the current font to roboto.
Roboto's letters are pretty similar in shape which makes sight reading harder (especially for those with some dyslexia).
It also relies on anti-aliasing to make it look good (which is an issue in FGU).

Aaah, good to know, thanks :)

Weissrolf
December 10th, 2020, 20:39
Good thing is that any theme/extension can change the font of the Height extension just by inserting the quoted lines. This makes it easier to customize Height. I use Roboto, because I use that for the other windows, as I find it easier to read than FG's default font.

For the Height Extension I agree that Roboto is a bit too thin, so I might change it later on. But the big blobby letters used by default don't look so good and read so easily either. It doesn't matter so much for Height anyway, because it's not something you need to read a lot.

wframe
December 18th, 2020, 21:54
I'm not seeing a download link. Am I missing something?

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2020, 21:57
I'm not seeing a download link. Am I missing something?

You probably have a white vBulletin forum look right now? Then scroll to the bottom and change the display style of the forum :) (there should be some button) Afterwards you should be able to see those links :)

wframe
December 18th, 2020, 21:59
You probably have a white vBulletin forum look right now? Then scroll to the bottom and change the display style of the forum :) (there should be some button) Afterwards you should be able to see those links :)

Ah, thank you, my friend. Stupid Google search took me straight to vBulletin.

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2020, 22:05
Ah, thank you, my friend. Stupid Google search took me straight to vBulletin.

Cool that it works now :)

lokiare
December 23rd, 2020, 16:17
In case it hasn't been posted here is the distance formula:
Square Root ((x1 - x2)^2 + (y1 - y2)^2 + (z1 - z2)^2)

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2020, 16:49
In case it hasn't been posted here is the distance formula:
Square Root ((x1 - x2)^2 + (y1 - y2)^2 + (z1 - z2)^2)

Yeah, I know this, it is just that I do not want to adjust the distance measure yet; I rather prefer to have a similar distance measurement for the height as one has for the "x-y"-plane :) (Most rulesets do not use the Euclidean measure in the x-y-plane, rather a multiplicator of 1.5 or 1 for the diagonals for example, and not square root of 2; I want to align ruleset-specific behaviour to the height measurement :) )
But aligning that is not difficult, the main reason why I did not implement that yet is simply that I had no time yet :D

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2020, 16:54
I'm thinking that any distance that encompasses height, should use the same general rules as the distance rules for the game system in the X-Y plane.

So, for D&D and clone systems that use 1.5 for distance, you would treat 3 dimensional diagonals as 1.5 for simplicity.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2020, 17:20
I'm thinking that any distance that encompasses height, should use the same general rules as the distance rules for the game system in the X-Y plane.

So, for D&D and clone systems that use 1.5 for distance, you would treat 3 dimensional diagonals as 1.5 for simplicity.

Regards,
JPG

Yes, that is what I want to try :)

Though for my personal game I may try to use the raw/Euclidean measure at some point, in order to see how it is to play without grid (so, invisible grid and no grid-snap) while using that measure :D

Weissrolf
December 23rd, 2020, 18:40
yeah, that is how it should look like :) (and it shows why I do not recommend to use typical name labels :D I prefer tooltips; sadly difficult to find a good position for the height label where it does not interfere with something)
It could be put in the center or center left/right. There should be nothing interfering there!?

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2020, 19:24
It could be put in the center or center left/right. There should be nothing interfering there!?

in the centre itself it would interfere with the token :D And on the sides it may also interfere with something of the token (and the neighbour token) depending on the style, because the length is dynamic while the width of the label is static, so, high height numbers may blend too much into the token :) (the top has a more space in that regard) And depending on the style of the token (isometric etc.) top is often a better and more neutral spot. But yeah, not so easy to answer where to put such things :D

lokiare
January 8th, 2021, 15:07
in the centre itself it would interfere with the token :D And on the sides it may also interfere with something of the token (and the neighbour token) depending on the style, because the length is dynamic while the width of the label is static, so, high height numbers may blend too much into the token :) (the top has a more space in that regard) And depending on the style of the token (isometric etc.) top is often a better and more neutral spot. But yeah, not so easy to answer where to put such things :D

I believe in 5e the default is each square counts as 5 feet. Optionally you can set it to 1.5 * 5 feet for diagonals, so you could check the options for the multiplier.
You could tag the distance onto the name or draw a second distance line and put the height distance on it, but that gets into ruleset code and may require overriding which gets messy.

Kelrugem
January 8th, 2021, 21:22
I believe in 5e the default is each square counts as 5 feet. Optionally you can set it to 1.5 * 5 feet for diagonals, so you could check the options for the multiplier.
You could tag the distance onto the name or draw a second distance line and put the height distance on it, but that gets into ruleset code and may require overriding which gets messy.

Hm, as an alternative of display I also thought of just adding some icon, like winged boots to denote that something is flying. When one then hovers over that icon, one gets then the height label as usual for an easy readability of the height :) (basically motivated by how the effect icons work) But that would have the disadvantage that one needs to hover over that icon (but I could add a setting such that everyone can decide on their own)

RobboNJ69
January 17th, 2021, 18:36
Hello, Can someone explain how the size of the height label is determined? I'm not referring to the starting font size, I know there are 3 versions of the extension. It seems that on some maps the large version of the extension is perfect, then on other maps, it's absolutely huge. Switching to the medium font size then works great on some, but is too small on others. It seems fluid? I tried releasing the token size, but then the label is enormous and stays that size when I shrink the token back down. Is it tied to the map size, grid size, or token size?

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

darrenan
January 17th, 2021, 18:40
I believe the widgets that display the height text use the same pixel size as the map the token is on. So on a low resolution map the height labels will appear larger, and on a high resolution map they will appear smaller. Note that you will see the same issue with other token widgets such as effect icons and health dots/bars.

The tokens on the other hand are scaled separately and are based on zoom, not map size. At least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure someone with more detailed logic of the innards can correct me.

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2021, 01:30
I believe the widgets that display the height text use the same pixel size as the map the token is on. So on a low resolution map the height labels will appear larger, and on a high resolution map they will appear smaller. Note that you will see the same issue with other token widgets such as effect icons and health dots/bars.

The tokens on the other hand are scaled separately and are based on zoom, not map size. At least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure someone with more detailed logic of the innards can correct me.

Yes, that is the reason :) I am spontaneously not sure how it is in FGU, but in FGC there is a "Release Token Scale" button in the radial menu of tokens, that allows to change the relative size of tokens and their widgets; I usually adjust this on a map before I place any token :)

I have outlined that released token scale stuff here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51005-Extension-Height-label&p=462030&viewfull=1#post462030

darrenan
January 18th, 2021, 17:35
Ah, that's good to know.

Zygmunt Molotch
January 21st, 2021, 07:51
Hm, as an alternative of display I also thought of just adding some icon, like winged boots to denote that something is flying. When one then hovers over that icon, one gets then the height label as usual for an easy readability of the height :) (basically motivated by how the effect icons work) But that would have the disadvantage that one needs to hover over that icon (but I could add a setting such that everyone can decide on their own)

ooh I like this idea

Kelrugem
January 28th, 2021, 09:50
A short warning which I have posted here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=574331#post574331, but I also post it here because here are also users who do not play 3.5e/PF1: There will be soon an update https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65561-2020-02-Ruleset-Updates&p=574217&viewfull=1#post574217

This looks like a very big update, especially see the dev notes in the fourth post. This likely means that my extensions will break with this update, once it is pushed. The big problem: It is a very big change and I need to rewrite a lot of things, and I try to finish my thesis end of February, my life just exists of writing my thesis, searching a new flat (I may move to Japan or Taiwan for my next job), then the defense of my thesis comes and so on. Thence, I have a lot to do right now, which sadly implies that I need to deprecate the support of my extensions for some time which can even take months depending on how my job stuff will work out.

The good news: I will certainly write on my extensions again, but I am just afraid of that I will not be able to look at such big changes of the code right now, that will certainly take time. But if anyone wants to look at the code of my extensions to maintain it for some while, then feel free :) Moreover, since the essential code of height right now is very compatible with the general code by the help of Moon Wizard (thanks again :) ), I may be able to update this extension quicker, it is mainly about my other bigger extensions; but I still wanted to notify you :)

devinlc
February 17th, 2021, 18:30
Seems to work fine for me after the update.

bmos
February 17th, 2021, 18:56
This version is tentatively compatible. I have not tested it as thoroughly as Kelrugem usually does as I don't know this code as well.
There were certain functions in the code that were referenced and no longer exist. I have updated that code to reference the newer functions and made small changes necessary to support this.

EDIT: reuploaded to simplify the 'on load announcement' approach (which saves .7KB! -- almost 2% of the filesize!)

EDIT2: reuploaded because I had made a mistake

EDIT3: updated to be medium instead of large (but made it 26pt rather than 24).

Kelrugem
February 18th, 2021, 12:15
This version is tentatively compatible. I have not tested it as thoroughly as Kelrugem usually does as I don't know this code as well.
There were certain functions in the code that were referenced and no longer exist. I have updated that code to reference the newer functions and made small changes necessary to support this.

EDIT: reuploaded to simplify the 'on load announcement' approach (which saves .7KB! -- almost 2% of the filesize!)

Thank you for your work :)

Yeah, the height extension is probably one of my first extensions I update again, once I have time for it :) That is gladly easier to maintain than other extensions, but still so much to do right now for me aside the extensions :D (and with your version I basically do not need to update anything anymore related to the last patch, hehe :D)

bmos
February 18th, 2021, 12:42
Thank you for your work :)

Yeah, the height extension is probably one of my first extensions I update again, once I have time for it :) That is gladly easier to maintain than other extensions, but still so much to do right now for me aside the extensions :D (and with your version I basically do not need to update anything anymore related to the last patch, hehe :D)And with these new functions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65246-Experimental-APIs-for-FGU), it should be pretty easy to handle getting a ruleset-independent correct range indication including height!
Although, a 5E check should be included since 5E is non-euclidean (you just use the longest leg). Hopefully, since I did the compatibility fixes, you can focus on the fun stuff :D

Kelrugem
February 18th, 2021, 12:49
And with these new functions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65246-Experimental-APIs-for-FGU), it should be pretty easy to handle getting a ruleset-independent correct range indication including height!
Although, a 5E check should be included since 5E is non-euclidean (you just use the longest leg). Hopefully, since I did the compatibility fixes, you can focus on the fun stuff :D

Yup, I was also already thinking about including those new functions :D

yeah, I want to combine the height measure in the distance measure similar to the x-y-plane :) Basically using the same diagonal multiplier as in the plane, then it should automatically cater settings of rulesets, like the uniform norm of the standard 5e setting :)

(Like Moon Wizard wrote here too https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51005-Extension-Height-label&p=566763&viewfull=1#post566763 :) )

EDIT: I've linked your version at the beginning in the first post :)

bmos
February 18th, 2021, 13:34
Yup, I was also already thinking about including those new functions :D

yeah, I want to combine the height measure in the distance measure similar to the x-y-plane :) Basically using the same diagonal multiplier as in the plane, then it should automatically cater settings of rulesets, like the uniform norm of the standard 5e setting :)

(Like Moon Wizard wrote here too https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51005-Extension-Height-label&p=566763&viewfull=1#post566763 :) )

EDIT: I've linked your version at the beginning in the first post :)Oh, if that variable is stored in a consistent place between rulesets that would be very conventient!
Neat, hopefully I did everything right ;)

EDIT: I did not do everything right :(
But now I think I did! I replaced the attachment on that original post.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 23rd, 2021, 01:20
noice!

bmos
February 25th, 2021, 03:29
Yup, I was also already thinking about including those new functions :DDid some research into this. Looks like you have also (as I saw some comments of yours).
Seems like the main difficulty will be getting the height value, since only token position data is passed to the function for calculating targeting distance. It will have to search through all the tokens and see which one matches the location. This is somewhat an issue since it will not be able to distinguish between stacked tokens (although this can be avoided by un-snapping the tokens and offsetting them slightly which has the added benefit of making it easier to move and target them).

It's looking like you might not need to do this after all. This has moved up to 6th place on the wishlist!
https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135361

Kelrugem
February 28th, 2021, 12:47

Finally I had time to update :) You can find the new working versions in the first post :) Thanks to bmos for the initial work, there was just some things left in the tokenManager stuff :)

Jaegar
March 1st, 2021, 07:00
I wanted to thank you so much for this ext and for all those in the past who have worked on this awesome ext and helped keep it updated.

I seem to be having an error issue. I narrowed it down. I am using FGU. 5e. With this latest update just posted. It is in a new campaign and the only ext enabled is Height. This the error code I am receiving:
[3/1/2021 12:04:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:135: attempt to index a nil value

The error pops up when I assess a map from the Images Side Bar Buttons. On the map is a first level character that was put there from the CT.
When I place the character from the CT initially and adjusted the height it worked without any errors. I then logged off.
It's when I logged back on and accessed the image with the PC left on the map while still in the CT is when the error occurred. Every time I closed the map and reopened the map with the character left on the map and left in the CT triggered the error. When I deleted the token from the map, and the CT and replaced the character back in the CT and to the map the error went away. However if I would log off with that character left on the map and in the CT and logged back on I would receive that same error when accessing that map with the character that had been left there from before.
With some more testing I was able to narrow it down a bit further. The test campaign I had set up I had used a class I had built in FGU. The Class is called Ninja. I have built many classes in FGU and I have not had any errors concerning them until now.
Your ext gives no errors when I use a fighter or any other standard classes. It seems I only receive the error from the homebrew class I had exported from my main campaign and using the exported mod in the test campaign. I hope this isn't to confusing.
I took it one step further. I placed a Fighter and my ninja class in the CT and from the CT on the map. Adjusted the height for both classes no errors. Open and close the map no errors. Logged off leaving both the fighter and the ninja in the CT and on the map. Logged back on. Accessed the map with the Fighter and the ninja and received the error.
Deleted the ninja from the map. Closed the map. opened the map no error.
For some reason the initial placing of a homebrew class works fine when left on a map and CT. I can open and close no problem. Only when I leave the hombrew class on a map in the CT and log off and log back on and access the map this error occurs.
Again thank you for your time.

Jaegar
March 1st, 2021, 08:27
I wanted to thank you so much for this ext and for all those in the past who have worked on this awesome ext and helped keep it updated.

I seem to be having an error issue. I narrowed it down. I am using FGU. 5e. With this latest update just posted. It is in a new campaign and the only ext enabled is Height. This the error code I am receiving:
[3/1/2021 12:04:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:135: attempt to index a nil value

The error pops up when I assess a map from the Images Side Bar Buttons. On the map is a first level character that was put there from the CT.
When I place the character from the CT initially and adjusted the height it worked without any errors. I then logged off.
It's when I logged back on and accessed the image with the PC left on the map while still in the CT is when the error occurred. Every time I closed the map and reopened the map with the character left on the map and left in the CT triggered the error. When I deleted the token from the map, and the CT and replaced the character back in the CT and to the map the error went away. However if I would log off with that character left on the map and in the CT and logged back on I would receive that same error when accessing that map with the character that had been left there from before.
With some more testing I was able to narrow it down a bit further. The test campaign I had set up I had used a class I had built in FGU. The Class is called Ninja. I have built many classes in FGU and I have not had any errors concerning them until now.
Your ext gives no errors when I use a fighter or any other standard classes. It seems I only receive the error from the homebrew class I had exported from my main campaign and using the exported mod in the test campaign. I hope this isn't to confusing.
I took it one step further. I placed a Fighter and my ninja class in the CT and from the CT on the map. Adjusted the height for both classes no errors. Open and close the map no errors. Logged off leaving both the fighter and the ninja in the CT and on the map. Logged back on. Accessed the map with the Fighter and the ninja and received the error.
Deleted the ninja from the map. Closed the map. opened the map no error.
For some reason the initial placing of a homebrew class works fine when left on a map and CT. I can open and close no problem. Only when I leave the hombrew class on a map in the CT and log off and log back on and access the map this error occurs.
Again thank you for your time.

ok I figured out what was causing the error.
When I created the test campaign to try new things for example your ext...
I forgot to name the first level ninja.
After I named it Player 3 no errors. ugh!
Total user error! sorry for the wall of text and thanks again for such an awesome ext.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2021, 11:58
ok I figured out what was causing the error.
When I created the test campaign to try new things for example your ext...
I forgot to name the first level ninja.
After I named it Player 3 no errors. ugh!
Total user error! sorry for the wall of text and thanks again for such an awesome ext.

ah, good that you figured it out, thanks :) Yeah, the name is important actually because players get ownership over their own height label and in that process the name gets used :) I may add some security check there to avoid giving an error in case there is no name (and then instead some chat message about that a name has to be given); thanks :)

bmos
March 1st, 2021, 12:12
ah, good that you figured it out, thanks :) Yeah, the name is important actually because players get ownership over their own height label and in that process the name gets used :) I may add some security check there to avoid giving an error in case there is no name (and then instead some chat message about that a name has to be given); thanks :)Could you use the charsheet identifier (id-00001) to avoid this?
An alternate edge case this could be a problem with is two characters with the same name (I have had this in a game before haha).

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2021, 12:38
Could you use the charsheet identifier (id-00001) to avoid this?

hm, maybe, thanks :) if I find time, I try something, though a nameless character is a very edge case :D so, not so high priority right now :) (I rather want to try to affect the range indicator)

Kelrugem
March 11th, 2021, 00:14
New version uploaded for catering the updates from yesterday :)

mordkhaan
March 12th, 2021, 20:17
Noticing that I get errors from Height extension when using Polymorphism
Will be to do with character "changing" and ownership am guessing?

SilentRuin
March 12th, 2021, 21:20
Noticing that I get errors from Height extension when using Polymorphism
Will be to do with character "changing" and ownership am guessing?

Likely specialized CT data involved though I don't use this so have no idea. When you transfer from PC/NPC to NPC it will place the new NPC and copy only the relevant info I've told it in combat tracker (which of course includes my own stuff but not anything outside of that scope). When it translates back to the original PC/NPC it will take all that relevant CT data back in but only that data - when it recreates the original. Per polymorphism documentation.

I really only run my stuff so any specialized data I'd have to check for and transfer from the original as most CT data will be outright replaced. Having no idea on what this does - no idea what that might be. This is just an FYI. This extension could not solve this only I could.

Note that is only for RAW DB data. All effects are transferred with special logic described in polymrophism .txt file in it's thread. As this fails to do something I'm assuming this is not doing an effect but raw DB data that is not standard FGU data.

And if your getting literal [ERROR] then I have no idea - that points more to incompatible code. Which is life in the extension world. EXTENSIONS = RISK as I'm fond of saying.

All the code I copy over or override (still call original) is also documented in that .txt file in the FG forum thread for that extension.

mordkhaan
March 12th, 2021, 22:34
Likely specialized CT data involved though I don't use this so have no idea. When you transfer from PC/NPC to NPC it will place the new NPC and copy only the relevant info I've told it in combat tracker (which of course includes my own stuff but not anything outside of that scope). When it translates back to the original PC/NPC it will take all that relevant CT data back in but only that data - when it recreates the original. Per polymorphism documentation.

I really only run my stuff so any specialized data I'd have to check for and transfer from the original as most CT data will be outright replaced. Having no idea on what this does - no idea what that might be. This is just an FYI. This extension could not solve this only I could.

Note that is only for RAW DB data. All effects are transferred with special logic described in polymrophism .txt file in it's thread. As this fails to do something I'm assuming this is not doing an effect but raw DB data that is not standard FGU data.

And if your getting literal [ERROR] then I have no idea - that points more to incompatible code. Which is life in the extension world. EXTENSIONS = RISK as I'm fond of saying.

All the code I copy over or override (still call original) is also documented in that .txt file in the FG forum thread for that extension.

Yeah, couldnt replicate on next round of testing either!
Currently also trying to get the NPC Parcels to drop on death too
Someone I know keeps mentioning Extensions = Risk...

SilentRuin
March 12th, 2021, 22:37

Probably should take anything like that out of this guy's extension and into those threads IMHO

kevininrussia
March 12th, 2021, 22:46
I'm also getting a bug when using test build with lighting.

1. Add an effect LIGHT: 2 to a PC token
2. Remove effect LIGHT: 2
Light remains.

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 00:16

Light remains.

Yeah, I won't update the extension to the light build until it is pushed to live :) Otherwise accidentally people use it for live although it is for test; and I run into the danger that I need to update it more frequently if it should also work for the test server :)

(EDIT: Sorry, my English bad, head broken today :D)

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 00:17

I plan to rewrite the extension, to get rid of the original owner's license :) I hope that with the new version I may have a more compatible version (plus range indicator respecting height) :)

kevininrussia
March 13th, 2021, 00:31
Yeah, I won't update the extension to the light build until it is pushed to live :) Otherwise accidentally people use it for live although it is for test; and I run into the danger that I need to update it more frequently if it should also work for the test server :)

(EDIT: Sorry, my English bad, head broken today :D)

Understood :-) Just putting out a heads up on the issue if you didn't know about it.

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 00:39
Understood :-) Just putting out a heads up on the issue if you didn't know about it.

ah, certainly thanks for that :)

Larsenex
March 13th, 2021, 00:45
Kelrugem,

Will this extension work within the Pathfinder 2E ruleset?

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 00:52
Kelrugem,

Will this extension work within the Pathfinder 2E ruleset?

I hope so, the extension is built for all coreRPG based rulesets like PF2 :) But better to test it first, I mainly test in 3.5e/PF1 and CoreRPG :)

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 16:41

Light remains.

By the way, I just tested now, there is actually nothing I need to update in my extension, and I could not reproduce your problem :) Make sure you do not run any other extension and that you have the most recent version (I updated 11 March the last time) :) So, it should work on test normally :D

(I only quickly checked, so, I may oversee something on the test server; make sure your setup is clean, so, no other versions of LIGHT somewhere on that token, like from the sidebar itself :) )

kevininrussia
March 13th, 2021, 16:53
By the way, I just tested now, there is actually nothing I need to update in my extension, and I could not reproduce your problem :) Make sure you do not run any other extension and that you have the most recent version (I updated 11 March the last time) :) So, it should work on test normally :D

(I only quickly checked, so, I may oversee something on the test server; make sure your setup is clean, so, no other versions of LIGHT somewhere on that token, like from the sidebar itself :) )

No extensions loaded but Height. Maybe I have an older version of your extension. I remember you did an update a while ago that I didn't update. I'll go over that and report back.

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 16:56
No extensions loaded but Height. Maybe I have an older version of your extension. I remember you did an update a while ago that I didn't update. I'll go over that and report back.

Yeah, the most recent update is very important, it was about the Vision stuff :D

kevininrussia
March 13th, 2021, 17:08
Oh, oops :-) So updated to the latest version and its working as its suppose to. Woohoo! Will change the font though. Current one text shows up small on my monitor for some reason.

https://i.imgur.com/Rg4X99g.png

Arimil508
April 14th, 2021, 11:29
Hi Kelrugem I love your extensions a lot they add much needed functionality to FG.
I have been running a game in unity for a while now using both your Height extension and Full overlay. as well as several others.
Recently I have been running into this error when ever I add a token to a map.
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_token.Lua"]:444 attempt to call field 'getName' (a nil value).
at first I thought this might be because of Full overlay but when I removed Height from the loaded extensions order it stopped

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2021, 12:59
Hi Kelrugem I love your extensions a lot they add much needed functionality to FG.
I have been running a game in unity for a while now using both your Height extension and Full overlay. as well as several others.
Recently I have been running into this error when ever I add a token to a map.
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_token.Lua"]:444 attempt to call field 'getName' (a nil value).
at first I thought this might be because of Full overlay but when I removed Height from the loaded extensions order it stopped

Are you on the test server? And what type of token is it? It is a token from the CT? :) Can you send a screenshot of that setup :)

Arimil508
April 14th, 2021, 14:41
- I am on Live build
- Token from the CT
- tested it with both NPC and PC same result.
below is an image of the combat tracker map and tokens as well as the error.
The tokens do not have hp dots do they have nameplates even though both settings are turned on.
let me know what other information you require.

One thing i did note the prefix for the error seemed to change.
the first time a saw it it said Script execution error: now it says Handler error though the rest is the same.
also sorry for a lot of edits.

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2021, 14:59
- I am on Live build
- Token from the CT
- tested it with both NPC and PC same result.
below is an image of the combat tracker map and tokens as well as the error.
The tokens do not have hp dots do they have nameplates even though both settings are turned on.
let me know what other information you require.

One thing i did note the prefix for the error seemed to change.
the first time a saw it it said Script execution error: now it says Handler error though the rest is the same.
also sorry for a lot of edits.

I cannot replicate the issue sadly; but I see you have some other extensions? :) Could you just test height and see whether it works? If yes, then it may be an incompatibility with another extension :)

Arimil508
April 14th, 2021, 15:37
Fresh campaign only Height did not work.
It broke as soon as i set Show name to Title

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2021, 16:17
Fresh campaign only Height did not work.
It broke as soon as i set Show name to Title

Ah, thanks, now I get it, too; I just updated and reproduced the error now, it seems to be due to the most recent ruleset update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes_ruleset.html

But because of the [Beta] in front of the CoreRPG updates I thought that I do not need to do anything for the live server :) However, seemingly there is also a change for the live server :D I will try to update it in the next hours :)

Arimil508
April 14th, 2021, 16:56
glad to help.

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2021, 19:29
Height got updated for accounting the new updates :)

Jaegar
April 14th, 2021, 20:08
Thank You!

Weissrolf
April 15th, 2021, 10:36
I can confirm that the update solved the error messages.

Svandal
April 16th, 2021, 05:50
Hi Kel. In case you are not aware, there is an extension that is now compatible with 3.5 that calculates height measurments. In case you want to look at the code for inspiration:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator

Kelrugem
April 16th, 2021, 14:31
Hi Kel. In case you are not aware, there is an extension that is now compatible with 3.5 that calculates height measurments. In case you want to look at the code for inspiration:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator

Thank you very much :)

Yes, I already had contact with GKEnialb :) Once I have more time again for not only maintaining my stuff, we wanted to speak a bit about that kind of stuff :)

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2021, 19:11
There is a new update for the height extension because of the new big lighting update :) Please redownload :)

By the way, is there still a need for this extension? GKEnialb also published a height extension which also adjusts the range indicator :) If there is no need for my extension anymore, then I may drop support in the future, but if someone still has reasons to use this extension, then I will maintain it still of course :)

Jaegar
May 13th, 2021, 19:59
Do you have a link for GKEnialb

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2021, 20:06
Here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator :)

bmos
May 13th, 2021, 20:35
By the way, is there still a need for this extension? GKEnialb also published a height extension which also adjusts the range indicator :) If there is no need for my extension anymore, then I may drop support in the future, but if someone still has reasons to use this extension, then I will maintain it still of course :)Other than some lingering glitches being worked out currently, GKEnialb's extension pretty much scratches this itch for me now. I've moved over there.

Jaegar
May 13th, 2021, 20:41
Awesome! thanks for keeping this up. I will try the other one now.

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2021, 20:42
Awesome! thanks for keeping this up. I will try the other one now.

You're welcome :)

Weissrolf
May 14th, 2021, 00:14
I did not know about the other addon and had to edit the XML file to include Pathfinder 2. But after that it seems to generally work, including the target distance calculation (not sure about diagonals, though). So our group should be able to switch addons and would make use of the target distance on top of that.

KevenSimmons
May 15th, 2021, 04:52
I do still run a game in FGC that won't be converting right away, but that version probably won't require any updating.

Kelrugem
May 15th, 2021, 13:38
I do still run a game in FGC that won't be converting right away, but that version probably won't require any updating.

Ah, good point :) Then I will still maintain it of course :)

Once I have time for more coding again, then also wanted to adjust the range indicator etc. :)

Kelrugem
May 21st, 2021, 18:22
New version for the height extension due to the ruleset update today :) (or yesterday for your timezone)

Though I do not think that you need to redownload it, was more like a cleanup for the code; but if you are bored... :D

I also added a link to GKEnialb's height extension to the first post :)

darrenan
May 30th, 2021, 21:40
Here's the version of the extension that we spoke about in PMs Kel:

This version adds an option setting for changing the font size on the fly, so you don't need to have all three versions of the extension any longer.

Kelrugem
May 30th, 2021, 21:41

This version adds an option setting for changing the font size on the fly, so you don't need to have all three versions of the extension any longer.

Thank you very much :) I will look at it; this certainly improves the maintenance :D

Kelrugem
June 2nd, 2021, 01:35

I just wanted to look at that; but you accidentally uploaded your mirror image handler extension instead :) (though the ext name is correct, but the scripts aren't; I double-checked to be sure :) )

Kelrugem
June 2nd, 2021, 01:41
@all: Please redownload, new update for accounting the new ruleset update :) (though it is a very small update, so, you may not need it, but if you use FG classic, then you may need to redownload. Unity users do not necessarily need)

darrenan
June 2nd, 2021, 15:45
Ok, not sure how that happened. The correct extension should now be attached to post #212 above.

lokiare
June 2nd, 2021, 20:44

Does this one support doing the distance calculations?

darrenan
June 2nd, 2021, 20:45
No. There is a different extension that does, but that one only works in FGU.

Kelrugem
June 4th, 2021, 12:54
Thanks to Darrenan: There is now a single extension :) In the campaign options you find a new setting for adjusting the size :) Delete the versions height_medium and height_large :)

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2021, 23:39
My extensions are all on the forge now which just got released :) Please use the extensions from the forge now on

That means: Download the extension from the forge. The file name is still the same, so, your older versions will get overwritten. But you may need to toggle my extension(s) again because of the new name, Feature: Height :)

But the extension will also be available here for now :)

mordkhaan
July 19th, 2021, 23:56
Forge released? Really? Where? :D

Kelrugem
July 19th, 2021, 23:58
Forge released? Really? Where? :D

Here the forge in general: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/

And here the link to this extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/40/view :)

mordkhaan
July 20th, 2021, 00:00
OH MY!!! HOW EXCITING!!!
thanks for the heads up, much ticking to do....

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2021, 00:08
OH MY!!! HOW EXCITING!!!
thanks for the heads up, much ticking to do....

hehe, have fun :D

Bolha
July 31st, 2021, 00:03
Hey, I'm using this extension via forge. And... congrats, it's great!
I have a doubt, tho. I'm trying to change it to meters, and so far I got to change the label to "m", but is there anyway to change the amount it increases by scroll? I tried putting the value after "KEL:", after "Incrementsize =", but nothing works.

Thanks for the work and attention!

Kelrugem
July 31st, 2021, 08:56
Hey, I'm using this extension via forge. And... congrats, it's great!
I have a doubt, tho. I'm trying to change it to meters, and so far I got to change the label to "m", but is there anyway to change the amount it increases by scroll? I tried putting the value after "KEL:", after "Incrementsize =", but nothing works.

Thanks for the work and attention!

thank you :)

I deprecated the possibility to change the increment since this is inherited by the ruleset now, but I see why you want to do that :) Currently not so much time, but I try to reimplement then something like this

Bolha
July 31st, 2021, 14:15
Got it, thank you very much for your time and quick response!

Aedus Amaterasu
October 22nd, 2021, 03:01
Is there anyway that you could add the option to be able to change which side of the token the height appears on?

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2021, 09:00
Is there anyway that you could add the option to be able to change which side of the token the height appears on?

Good question, I could try it :) (but a lot of projects for me right now; you could also check https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator whether it has a better position for you :) )

Aedus Amaterasu
October 22nd, 2021, 09:51
Good question, I could try it :) (but a lot of projects for me right now; you could also check https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator whether it has a better position for you :) )

Thank you for replying. I hope your projects are going well. I would prefer to be able to have it on the side of the token so it doesn't cover up other labels on the token. Thank you for suggesting the other one though but I'll stick with yours. :)

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2021, 10:29
Thank you for replying. I hope your projects are going well. I would prefer to be able to have it on the side of the token so it doesn't cover up other labels on the token. Thank you for suggesting the other one though but I'll stick with yours. :)

I see @label :) So, you use token labels? there is also the option to use tooltips instead such that they won't clutch with the height label, but I understand if you prefer constant labels :)

Aedus Amaterasu
October 22nd, 2021, 10:31
I see @label :) So, you use token labels? there is also the option to use tooltips instead such that they won't clutch with the height label, but I understand if you prefer constant labels :)

Ya, I do. But you make a very good point though, I could indeed use tooltips instead of the constant labels. Forgot about that haha :)

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2021, 11:44
Ya, I do. But you make a very good point though, I could indeed use tooltips instead of the constant labels. Forgot about that haha :)

hehe, no worries :D Tooltips are indeed better as a workaround for now, but I try to see whether there is a better way to handle it :)

Kelrugem
December 15th, 2021, 19:11

I updated the forge version to cater for the new update today :)

Also: With today's release I will not update the FGC version anymore; the forge version will only be for FGU (clearly), and the attached version in the first post only for FGC :) The reason is simply: FGC won't receive new updates. So, with time it becomes more complicated to maintain two versions. The best maintenance for FGC is not updating the FGC extension at all :) However, this means that it will not receive new features

I also took the opportunity to finally develop this extension a little bit further, the first step was mainly in the background: This extension should now be very compatible with other extensions and with respect to future FGU updates. Such that the risk of incompatibilities should be reduced :) The next step will be: Attaching the image sidebar settings (like unit and increment) to the height label :) But no guarantee when I wil do this :)

It may take a while until the my new forge version gets accepted, so, keep in mind that you won't receive the update immediately. (If you cannot wait, then download it from my GitHub page)

Best

Kelrugem :)

Kelrugem
February 6th, 2022, 12:01
Thanks for the report by Laerun: The height extension is seemingly incompatible with the ICONS ruleset; I will try to contact the dev, but I may wait a bit until some patches for ICONS are released because there are some other errors in the ruleset itself. Then the incompatibility may hopefully fix itself :)

Kelrugem
April 3rd, 2022, 14:38
There is a new update for the Height extension :) The settings for the height label shortcut and the font size can now be set individually by each player (especially, the players can all set different height label sizes on their displays) :)

Kelrugem
July 13th, 2022, 00:49
Just a small warning: There was a big patch, and I am currently not having enough time to look at this :) So, it might be that my extension is not compatible with the newest versions :) I hope I can look at it soon

Kelrugem
July 24th, 2022, 14:26
Just a small warning: There was a big patch, and I am currently not having enough time to look at this :) So, it might be that my extension is not compatible with the newest versions :) I hope I can look at it soon

Oki, probably wrong alarm, there was no update needed :)

aulyre
July 30th, 2022, 01:19
Hi Kelrugem,

I get the following error when I load the height extension and open the combat tracker for the first time:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:91: attempt to concatenate global 'height' (a nil value)

I tested this with only the height extension with my other extensions. I found out that when I load height and CoreRPG: Combat Highlighter the above error is thrown out by FGU every time I hover over a PC or NPC in the combat tracker. I have screenshots and an FGU log if you need it.

Kelrugem
July 30th, 2022, 04:34
Hi Kelrugem,

I get the following error when I load the height extension and open the combat tracker for the first time:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:91: attempt to concatenate global 'height' (a nil value)

I tested this with only the height extension with my other extensions. I found out that when I load height and CoreRPG: Combat Highlighter the above error is thrown out by FGU every time I hover over a PC or NPC in the combat tracker. I have screenshots and an FGU log if you need it.

Ah, thank you very much :)

I try to contact Daddyogreman about this incompatibility :)

skorski
August 14th, 2022, 19:56

I have been getting this error, too. I am not using that Combat Highlighter extensions, plenty of others but I don't think that's the only problem here. One problem is that the node name height is not unique, and I suspect that other extensions might be trying to use that name, too.

The error only occurred for one of my players, the one who happened to fill in all of the notes on their character sheet. The height field there winds up having a node also named height, so what happens is getCTHeight gets a heightNode containing the value 7'2". That causes tonumber to fail and return nil.

I've changed the name of the node used in a handful of locations, including manager_token.lua, and have been running fine with all my extensions.

Kelrugem
August 14th, 2022, 23:57
I have been getting this error, too. I am not using that Combat Highlighter extensions, plenty of others but I don't think that's the only problem here. One problem is that the node name height is not unique, and I suspect that other extensions might be trying to use that name, too.

The error only occurred for one of my players, the one who happened to fill in all of the notes on their character sheet. The height field there winds up having a node also named height, so what happens is getCTHeight gets a heightNode containing the value 7'2". That causes tonumber to fail and return nil.

I've changed the name of the node used in a handful of locations, including manager_token.lua, and have been running fine with all my extensions.

Aah, interesting! Thanks for the information :)

Then I will try to change the name of this part of the code, too, and upload it for everyone, so that this conflict with other extensions using the same name does not happen anymore :)

I appreciate your help :)

jedorian
August 17th, 2022, 04:37
I get this error as well, but only when I add a PC into the combat tracker. It gives the nil value error and the token image appears on the map, but not useable - just a static image.

Kelrugem
August 17th, 2022, 05:07
I get this error as well, but only when I add a PC into the combat tracker. It gives the nil value error and the token image appears on the map, but not useable - just a static image.

thanks for the report :)

It may now be that the last update yesterday made my extension incompatible; I just had not yet the time to look at it :) At latest this weekend I hope I can check for compatibility :)

aulyre
August 18th, 2022, 16:20

Hello, I just wanted to clarify that I get the nil value error even when I don't have any other extensions loaded and I get the nil value error over and over again if I have the combat highlighter extension loaded. I just tested again and I am still seeing this error with the Height extension. Thanks!

aulyre
August 18th, 2022, 16:24
Here's a screenshot of the error. I only get it when I open the combat tracker for the first time if I don't have the Combat Highlighter extension loaded (if I do have it loaded, I get the error over and over again).

Kelrugem
August 19th, 2022, 01:30
Here's a screenshot of the error. I only get it when I open the combat tracker for the first time if I don't have the Combat Highlighter extension loaded (if I do have it loaded, I get the error over and over again).

I will soon look at it, just very busy right now :) There was recently some patch for FG again, and I was not yet able to look for compatibility with this patch :) I hope I can solve this this weekend :)

Kelrugem
August 22nd, 2022, 13:20
Oki, I just checked the last updates, and it looks like that the height extension does not need an update. I was also not able to reproduce the error given your error reports :)

Can someone of you who is able to reproduce this error maybe check this error in a completely new campaign? :) I can also attempt Skorski's solution of the code (but that is about compatibility with other extensions) :)

Thanks for your patience, I am sadly often very busy lately :)

jedorian
August 23rd, 2022, 04:19
Alright, Kelrugem. I tested this and it still doesn't work even when its a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded. I cannot be sure if there's incompatibility with anything else as it won't work on its own for me.

wndrngdru
August 23rd, 2022, 04:43
That is weird. I just tested with a new PF1 campaign and I also get no errors. The versions I'm showing match yours.

Do you happen to have any of the rulesets or extensions unpacked? You'll want to remove those (or at least move them out of the rulesets/extensions folder).
You could also try deleting the Height.ext file from the extensions folder and run an update so it re-downloads from the Forge.