PDA

View Full Version : GM looking for Players PF2 The fall of PagueStone

hawkwind
September 16th, 2019, 13:57
"A group of new adventurers traveling through the village of Etran's Folly—also known as Plaguestone—must come together to solve the murder of a friend. What starts as a simple investigation quickly turns sinister with the discovery of forbidden alchemy, mutant animals, and a nearby forest rotting away due to a mysterious blight. It becomes clear that if these heroes don't intervene to stop whatever evil is brewing, the fall of Plaguestone is all but certain!

The Fall of Plaguestone is the first standalone adventure for Pathfinder Second Edition, designed for 1st-level characters. It tells the story of how a group of strangers band together to form a group of adventurers while saving the town of Etran's Folly from a terrifying fate, serving as a perfect introduction to a new Pathfinder campaign"

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Pathfider

Time Zone: UK
Day of week and time: Wednesday
If new game, planned start date: to be discussed
Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 2- 2 1/2Hour session weekly. Might run the adventure path if this goes well

Text or Voice: i.e. voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Its pathfinder so bring a bucket and mop for all the blood and gore
Number of Players in game & needed: i.e. 4-5

Calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3619

PoohPuss
September 16th, 2019, 14:31
YESSS!

I'm not worthy! But can I kindly join anyway?

hawkwind
September 16th, 2019, 15:52
i suppose so

PoohPuss
September 16th, 2019, 16:24
:rolleyes:

Debelinho
September 16th, 2019, 18:58
Hi, I'm new to FG and online play, but veteran ttrpg player. GMT+1, good with PF2 rules....hope i can join

hawkwind
September 16th, 2019, 21:43
No problem

JadeKraken
September 16th, 2019, 23:18
Wednesday would be great, do you have a time preference? If it isn't too presumptuous could I ask for a start time after 3pm GMT and an end time before 10:30pm GMT? If this works for you then please count me in.

hawkwind
September 17th, 2019, 04:40
Ok I was thinking of going for 8pm BST start that would change to 8pm GMT after the last week end in October when the clocks in the UK go back an hour

hawkwind
September 17th, 2019, 04:45
Ok I was thinking of going for 8pm BST start that would change to 8pm GMT after the last week end in October when the clocks in the UK go back an hour. I have added the proposed start date to the calendar

JadeKraken
September 17th, 2019, 19:47
Yeah, the archaicness of daylight savings makes calculating time zones even more complicated. Right now I think I'm GMT-7 but on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 1:00:00 am we switch standard time which I think is GMT-8. All that said, please keep me in mind when you are building your list of players.

hawkwind
September 17th, 2019, 21:40
Will do

hawkwind
September 18th, 2019, 13:22
Ok the first game will in seven days starting at 8pm British summer time. The server details and discord channel are in my signature below. I will have the server up an hour or so before hand so people can build or load Thier characters. If that is not a convenient time I can put the server up at other times if requested

Debelinho
September 18th, 2019, 20:06
If it's not a problem, I would like to make my character before that....since this is my first FG experience

PoohPuss
September 18th, 2019, 20:13
@hawkwind
Where in Golarion is Etran's Folly? I can't find it in the Lost Omens sourcebook/map. :/

Also, the introduction mentions the murder of a friend. However the backgrounds from the Fall of Plaguestone players book as described on https://2e.aonprd.com/Sources.aspx?ID=3 gives somewhat random explanations as to why the player characters are headed to this town. Do we know a friend who is murdered, and is that the reason we're going there? If not, are we supposed to have a friend there at game start even if he's not the reason we're going there, or is that someone we make a friend of later? Is it important we start at the caravan or is living in Etran's Folly at the start of the adventure as fine a background option?

hawkwind
September 19th, 2019, 11:11
The adventure is set in the nation of Isger on a caravan route between Isger and Andorran. The murder hadn't happened yet and the player's are all travelling on a caravan when the adventure starts. If you want to be a teamster or a caravan guard that's fine

hawkwind
September 19th, 2019, 11:14
If you want to start in town folly you will miss the start of the adventure and the first major encounter.

As we have potentially 6 players I will be using milestones instead of xp and I will be making the encounters tougher as per guidelines. Players should expect three levels of play.

mizinamo
September 19th, 2019, 11:19
6 or 7 UK time would be better for me than 8.

Any idea how many sessions this adventure could take?

Also, what do you mean with "three levels of play"?

hawkwind
September 19th, 2019, 12:34
I'm afraid it's eight
By three levels of play I mean your characters will level twice during the adventure as two the number of sessions I suspect three to five per level so 15 max

mizinamo
September 19th, 2019, 12:49
Okay, I see now - thanks!

mizinamo
September 19th, 2019, 18:13
I'm afraid it's eight

Okay, then I will have to withdraw, as I can't make eight after summer time ends, so I won't be able to commit to the entire adventure.

I wish all the others lots of fun!

hawkwind
September 20th, 2019, 08:59
ok thanks for keeping me informed, I hate when i start a game and a player doesn't turn up without any warning

CalTG
September 21st, 2019, 23:32
I would be up for Wednesdays... I would need to be out by.. I think it's 11:30 BST, I'm PDT time so I need to go pick up my kid from school at that time. Let me know if you happen have a spot open. Been playing and running Pathfinder 1.0 and 5E for a while now and would like an opportunity to kick the tires in the new system and meet some new folks. :)

Artaron
September 22nd, 2019, 21:21
Hey Hawkwind ! It's been years ! Glad to see you picked PF2e.
I'd love to play in your game again. I'm currently already in a Fall of Plaguestone game, but if you run the adventure path I'm in.

hawkwind
September 23rd, 2019, 18:58
I would be up for Wednesdays... I would need to be out by.. I think it's 11:30 BST, I'm PDT time so I need to go pick up my kid from school at that time. Let me know if you happen have a spot open. Been playing and running Pathfinder 1.0 and 5E for a while now and would like an opportunity to kick the tires in the new system and meet some new folks. :)

Should be finished by an hour before then as I live my bueaty sleep

hawkwind
September 23rd, 2019, 18:59
Hey Hawkwind ! It's been years ! Glad to see you picked PF2e.
I'd love to play in your game again. I'm currently already in a Fall of Plaguestone game, but if you run the adventure path I'm in.

Sure though it may be a while before we finish b this one unless there is a TPK