PDA

View Full Version : Free Teamspeak server 4 FG games :cool:

Moebius
October 30th, 2006, 09:36
:cool: Hi Im completely new to FG (and absolutely old in D&D roleplaying) I just thiscovered this wonderful program and wanted to contribute. Maybe what I am proposing here is already done, maybe not, I just wanted to do something useful for FG.

I have a dedicated server with good connection and I runTS2 (Teamspeak 2) among other programs there. I have created a server to be used in games, it has capacity for 36 people playing 4 different games. I can put more capacity in if i see that people uses it.

For those that do not know what TS2 is , Teamspeakis a voice chat program, you just talk and everybody in your channel hears you, you can whisper things to the gm and so on. Entire sessions can be run via voice thus speeding up the game and giving more chance to roleplay.
The link for downloading it is:

https://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

The connection settings are:

IP: 193.146.56.253:8769
Usr: (any user can do just putyour character name here)
Pass: fantasygrounds

The server is 90% uptime and located in Spain.
I hope this is useful and that this is the right place to post this.

Wraith
November 5th, 2006, 10:11
With teamspeak how do you get to the server you put above?

Moebius
November 5th, 2006, 10:38
Open teamspeak
Click connection
Quick connect
In the first textbox copy this string: 193.146.56.253:8769
In the second put your nick (IE Wraith)
Leave the third textbox blank
In the bottom textbox copy this string: fantasygrounds

Then youll be inside the server, just go to one of the rooms and wait for your friends to connect. To go to a room just double click in it.

If you dont know how to use the program go to the program website for a manual but if you want to try by yourself almost everything you have to configure is in the "settings --> Sound input/output settings" label, just set the volume for your mic and the hotkey you want to use to talk (youll have to press it to be heard by the others).

If anybody wants to have an admin login to that teamspeak just contact me through here.

Wraith
November 9th, 2006, 17:36
I tried doing what you said and I kept getting a login error. It said bad login name or password. Can you help?

Moebius
November 10th, 2006, 10:40
It was my fault, your name goes into the second line not in the third, Ive updated my previous post accordingly.

The Login is only for registered users such as admins, regular users should use the Nikname field.

Sry for the inconvenience.

Wraith
November 10th, 2006, 11:58
Thanks that helps a lot. I appreciate all the help.

Moebius
November 15th, 2006, 09:54
My server is down for maintenance I hope it ill be back up shortly.

Wraith
November 18th, 2006, 11:24
I was on it last night and it was working just fine. Thanks Moebius.

Moebius
November 19th, 2006, 10:29
Yep, I got it working fine yesterday, its up again :)

Zakarius
December 4th, 2006, 17:20
I've run four games now and we used a free TeamSpeak server (their own servers allow guest to set up channels/rooms with passwords so no one else can wander in and cause havoc). I'm in Taiwan and the 4 players are in: western US, eastern US, Canada and Taiwan. None of us have fast connections, either, and it works like a charm.

Zakarius

Astinus
December 4th, 2006, 21:18
I've run four games now and we used a free TeamSpeak server (their own servers allow guest to set up channels/rooms with passwords so no one else can wander in and cause havoc). I'm in Taiwan and the 4 players are in: western US, eastern US, Canada and Taiwan. None of us have fast connections, either, and it works like a charm.
Very interesting. Do you mean you used servers owned by TeamSpeak? Or was it just a random free server out there? I have players in Australia, East and West Coast of Canada and France. I'd like to try the server you mentioned. Thanks.

Griogre
December 4th, 2006, 23:06
There are tons and tons of public teamspeak servers which can be used by anyone. The server offered here is a private one which can have advantages or disadvantages - but it is certainly nice of Moebus to offer it to the people here.

Wraith
December 6th, 2006, 15:25
There are tons and tons of public teamspeak servers which can be used by anyone. The server offered here is a private one which can have advantages or disadvantages - but it is certainly nice of Moebus to offer it to the people here.
As a matter of fact me and my group, which Griogre is part of, have used this server three times now and I think it's great of Moebus as well.
Thanks again Moebus!

Moebius
December 9th, 2006, 15:15
You are welcome !!

I am aware of the free servers provided by Teamspeak.org but when I tried them they were often full and the maximun voice quality was not optimal.

As a matter of fact me and my group, which Griogre is part of, have used this server three times now and I think it's great of Moebus as well.
Thanks again Moebus!