PDA

View Full Version : Torment and Legacy Demo

smeevil
September 14th, 2019, 00:58
Hi,

I was wondering if the official demo is in the works for FG, or if I should go ahead and convert it myself ?
As a reference the demo can be found here :
https://paizo.com/products/btq021ax?Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Demo-Adventure-Torment-and-Legacy

Trenloe
September 14th, 2019, 01:47
We're looking in to what we can do for this...

chaosspyder
September 18th, 2019, 15:27
I just finished converting the demo adventure if you are still looking for it. Let me know what you think.

[MODERATOR EDIT: Removed module containing copyrighted data.]

Moon Wizard
September 18th, 2019, 17:26
Unfortunately, even though it's a demo adventure, it can not be republished in other formats or sites without permission from the publisher. So, I'm going to remove the link.

Regards,
JPG

UltimateGM
September 18th, 2019, 22:38
Unfortunately, even though it's a demo adventure, it can not be republished in other formats or sites without permission from the publisher. So, I'm going to remove the link.

Regards,
JPG

That was fast!

yarnevk
September 19th, 2019, 02:35
It is pretty easy to copy/paste from the pdf once you remove all the learning to play - as it really is only just two simple encounters with 2-4 npc to make depending when you do it.

I added it to Plaguestone and kidnapped the old mayor and making the guy the son of the town founder. Gives more background for the mayors side quest.

But I think it would be good to get the free license to have FG to do it - it is a really good short intro to play.

lokiare
September 19th, 2019, 17:14
One of the issues with this product is that it is a free product. We have issues with free products in our store so we might not be able to distribute this one. We are looking at our options and will get back to everyone on how we'll handle this.

yarnevk
September 20th, 2019, 17:16
Certainly something Paizo should allow - it is a promo item for players to try the game. What better place to find those players but an online tabletop? Maybe some PF2 GM curious 5E DM's out there that are not going to buy an adventure just to check it out, but with free adventure and SRD they would be willing to see if worth switching systems. This is drug pushing 101 - first sample is free...

UltimateGM
September 20th, 2019, 17:40
This is drug pushing 101 - first sample is free...

If only more drug dealers got into marketing. Lol just kidding but I definitely agree. It's a win for everyone. I don't know many people who would be willing to risk money to find out if a new system is worth switching to then the one they currently enjoy. This is an excellent way to give those people a chance to test it out.

Trenloe
September 20th, 2019, 18:13
Certainly something Paizo should allow - it is a promo item for players to try the game.
Just because the demo is free doesn't mean that material within is not covered by copyright, and most publishers don't want to give that up. Paizo is more generous than most, but still completely reproducing their IP without their permission is not allowed, especially not on these forums.

The rest of the sentiments I agree with, and we're working with Paizo to see what we can do. The Paizo licensing manager is away on vacation for a couple of weeks, so we probably won't make any progress until they return.