PDA

View Full Version : NWN2 yooray thread whos ready

Dedeko
October 28th, 2006, 04:56
So who, in addition to me, cannot wait for nwn 2 to come out on tuesday? What really sucks is i have a statistics test the next day :(

devinnight
October 30th, 2006, 03:27
It won't be on store shelves til Wednesday.
I will have my copy minutes later.
Then I'll go back to work and sneak peeks at the manual until 5:30.
Then come home make dinner while installing the game, then take my 3 year old gilr and start rolling up new characters. She like making characters, I'll be lucky to have a character past level 2 for the 1st month.
-D

Dedeko
October 30th, 2006, 05:00
i hope you to be wrong, but deep down i know your not, i wanted it tuesday :(

mr_h
October 30th, 2006, 14:26
I want it, but I doubt I'll get it soon....stupid bills...house....and other things.
Plus my computer probably won't run it super well :/

Moebius
October 31st, 2006, 14:25
I hope it reaches the shelves on time too...

Dedeko
October 31st, 2006, 19:05
I hope it reaches the shelves on time too...
sadly i called and the person told me tomorrow, i going to go be an emo in the corner now

richvalle
November 1st, 2006, 16:08
My co-worker just had NWN II delivered to his desk. The rat!

rv

Yenooc
November 1st, 2006, 16:19
My co-worker just had NWN II delivered to his desk. The rat!

rv

And all I got was an e-mail telling me that it's on the way. :(

Dedeko
November 2nd, 2006, 05:45
and this thread goes dead as we all play it

richvalle
November 2nd, 2006, 11:59
Hah! I'm not playing. My graphics card would laugh at me. Then explode.

My friend loaded it up at home (work pc was too slow with all the things we also run for work). He doesn't like the camera/movement ioptions (point and click) in the game. Seems to be a common complaint.

rv

Yenooc
November 2nd, 2006, 19:22
I have been very disappointed by NWN2 so far. I have a fairly high-end gaming computer, and the game has run in stalls and jerks. Also, compared to the real-time, individual action system in DDO (DnD Online)--much less to the real DM running things in DnD (via FG)--the system seems too canned and restrictive. I've made it only partially through the introductory tutorial, so I don't know what awaits beyond that.

Just IMHO, you understand, and I await the first impressions of others to either set me straight or confirm what I've seen so far.

devinnight
November 2nd, 2006, 22:38
I think the camera is the trickiest aspect so far... in DDO it seemed like I dealt with it less always getting to see what I wanted. In NWNII it seems I'm always running a couple feet and then trying to re-orient myself.

I made it through the tutrial once, but miffed my character by multiclassing into a ranger with a 10 wisdom, so I started over.

It runs a bit jerky on my machine, which isn't top of the line, but by tweaking some of the setting it runs well enough.

So you aren't too far off Yenooc.

-D

EyeBall
November 13th, 2006, 12:03
I have been playing it, but on PW. I know a couple of the DM's and such, so I was eager to see what they were doing with it. So far, I am liking it. There are some drawbacks, like the video card thing and camera angles. I needed a new card anyway, so that fixed that, and I am learning to live with the camera angles. Overall, the game is pretty, but lacks a certain feel, I just cant put my finger on. As the PW continues to grow and blossom, I am sure the bad will fade with the hours of RP and such that I am sure to find there.

EYE

acmer
November 14th, 2006, 09:18
The graphics is not a problem for me. I run it on low settings and it looks ok.

What is REALLY annoying is the AI. My main char runs off to a fight and the others just keep buffing themselves with spells for a loooong time. Then, in the end of the battle there's only one enemy left with just a few HP left... tadaa!, bard summons a dire wolf and sorceress casts an ice storm. A bit of an overkill, maybe. Also, several times I run to fight and a spellcaster or an archer stops at a door blocking everyone else from joining the fight. Sometimes AI just stops in the middle of combat and just stands there doing nothing. Puppet mode would solve all the problems, but the battle is so hectic that I would like NWN2 to have the "pause when character has nothing to do in combat" feature.

Generally, it's a nice game with a nice plot, but those combat bugs and NPCs not following the character really make it hell occasionally.

Cantstanzya
November 23rd, 2006, 14:10
What is REALLY annoying is the AI. That's funny. I've played PnP with people that are just as, if not more annoying. LOL
Has anyone tried the map making tool in NWN2 to create content for their campigns in FG?

Griogre
November 25th, 2006, 19:15
That's funny. I've played PnP with people that are just as, if not more annoying. LOL
Too true, sometimes. ;)

Has anyone tried the map making tool in NWN2 to create content for their campigns in FG?
Yes, actually. If you play both - the maps you can make from the editor work ok to pretty darn good.

richvalle
November 25th, 2006, 22:14
Yes, actually. If you play both - the maps you can make from the editor work ok to pretty darn good.

Screen shots?