PDA

View Full Version : Unity/Classic cross-compatibility in play?

Valatar
September 8th, 2019, 05:21
So the FAQs and all have been saying for months that FGU can use FGC content, but it occurs to me that they're very silent on what happens if some people in a group have a Unity client and some don't. Can people with Classic play with others who have Unity?

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2019, 09:56
No, they are completely separate clients.

Ampersandrew
September 8th, 2019, 10:49
They are separate clients and you will be able to have both installed. If the GM has an ultimate licence it won't matter because you'll be able to install the free client. If the GM is running with a standard Unity licence then everybody's going to need a standard unity licence. Is my understanding.

Valatar
September 8th, 2019, 20:58
I'd assumed that was the most likely case, but hadn't seen any definitive statements. Was any statement ever made about upgrades for Classic purchased now? I was planning on getting a copy for a friend, but if it's going to be obsolete in a few months and he'd have to shell out cash to upgrade my present, I'll just hold off until Unity's out.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2019, 21:46
No official statement has been made about post Kickstarter (ie ~December) license costs. I assume their will be discounts based upon if you purchased a license after the KS, but that is my assumption.