PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 5E LMoP - Demo clients and new D&D players welcome! Thursdays 10PM EST Start

c4dillon
September 4th, 2019, 21:52
FG License: Ultimate License - Demo client is all that's needed
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST (GMT -4)
Day of week and time: Thursday Nights (10PM EST)
If new game, planned start date: Possibly tomorrow (9/5/2019) For Character Creation depending on response time, likely Session 0 next week (9/12/2019) after character backgrounds fleshed out with associated story hooks
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hours weekly
Term: Initial term expected to last for the level 1-5 LMoP module - but open to extending depending on how it goes!

Text or Voice: Voice Primarily. In-game character chat in text is welcome.
Voice software used: Discord.

Combat & Roleplay Mix: 60/40 Combat/RP
Number of Players in game & needed: No players so far, looking for ~4-5
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 Characters, Pregens available. Backup character rolled up is probably a good idea (not trying to take anyone out, but occasionally fireball-breathing things happen) (background for backup not immediate requirement)
Character restrictions: No Arakocra, No Evil Alignments, Most character concepts could work as long as you can believably tie their backstory in to Faerun, and especially ending up somewhere near Neverwinter to start.

Details of your scenario: DM shaking some rust off after a year hiatus for a new kiddo. Previously have run 3 campaigns on FG and 2 pen and paper games as a player.
Using Ultimate License for FG and hoping to find a group to play through Lost Mines of Phandelver, which I've had the pleasure of running a few times before!

Brand new D&D players highly encouraged to join, especially if you haven't had the chance to play this adventure yet! Send a PM or post here if interested!

MithosRiot
September 5th, 2019, 00:33
i am interested in a thursday game.

I have been playing DND for quite a while, using FG for about 9 months (never played LMOP though). I am very familiar with 5e and FG mechanics and love playing with new players. I have been wanting to play a caster type (mostly warlock), but would be happy to fill a needed roll.

Thanks.

phage83
September 5th, 2019, 02:13
I can do a Thursday game.

Just getting into 5e, been playing it about 3 months now. Last edition i played was 3.5 so still getting used to the changes. first time playing FG.

c4dillon
September 5th, 2019, 02:32
Thanks for the interest! Sending you each a PM with the Discord info.

Jafo
September 5th, 2019, 04:26
I am interested in joining.

I am 46yo and been playing D&D off and on since the 80s and been using Fantasy Grounds for about 2.5 years.
I have played part way through Lost Mines of Phandelver, but never finished because the DM bailed.

c4dillon
September 5th, 2019, 04:37
Thanks Jafo - Message sent!

MithosRiot
September 5th, 2019, 05:37
I didnt see a pm

RedMalkav
September 5th, 2019, 05:47
This looks perfect to me! My name is Logan, I've got a lot of experience gaming in general, and I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons since AD&D Second Edition. I also just lost my last FG group to convenient Story Break and DM Burnout coinciding, so I would Love to get in on something new!

c4dillon
September 5th, 2019, 21:09
Quick update: We have filled our slots for this one, thanks for all of the interest and happy gaming!