PDA

View Full Version : LFG: Old schooler looking to join a D&D Classic Campaign

Dave0910
August 29th, 2019, 08:34
FG License: Ultimate, can join any campaign
Time Zone: EST (GMT -5), I’m free every day but Mon, Tue and Fri. I’m also a night owl, so day time or morning games in distant time zones are no issue.
Term: Preferable Long Term, but I’m good with anything but one-shots.
Voice: I have Discord and Steam, but will need to create an account for Teamspeak or any other software.

Game System Preferred: AD&D, 1st or Second
Game System Experience: I’ve been playing since 1996. My first experience was with 2nd Edition, which I very much miss, and I’ve noticed a reluctance of players to go old-school.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I’ve been using Fantasy Grounds for 4 years, primarily as a GM, where I’ve created custom modules as well as themes, extensions and rulesets, so i know the software inside and out.
Character Type Preferred:I usually try to fit my character to the Campaign, or to fit the current group. The only class I won’t play is Fighter, though I’m okay with Paladin, Ranger or any other subclass or Warrior package. If it’s a Dragonlance campaign, I’d like to soeak to the DM in private about a character idea I have brewing.
About me: I’ve been both a player and a DM since the late 90’s. I really like role-play heavy campaigns, but it gets boring with zero combat. I’m not a fan of the kick-in-the-door play style. Nor am I a min-maxer, usually choosing race/class combinations that fit my preferred mind-set or that can cause internal conflicts (like a half-orc mage in later editions).
I really just want to spend some time with my old friend AD&D, which mist players I know fear for its complexity.