PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Science Fiction Map

Tailz Silver Paws
August 26th, 2019, 05:54
Hello folks, been a while since I was about. Thought I would post a work in progress map of something I am working on for a new Starfinder Adventure Module. Got a few more rooms and extra bits to add but here is a sneak peek of a science fiction map. Info on the adventure soon....

https://www.wyldfurr.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/starfinder-the-drug-lab.jpg

LordEntrails
August 26th, 2019, 06:16
That's cool looking, thanks for sharing and glad to see you about :)

Of course I have to ask, will you be doing a top down view as well since FG doesn't do isometric so well?

I do like how you've ghosted (made transparent) some of the wall sections so we can see the floor beyond them. I haven't seen that done before and but was easy to figure out what was going on as I looked at it. Nice job with that :)

Tailz Silver Paws
August 26th, 2019, 09:13
That's cool looking, thanks for sharing and glad to see you about :)

Of course I have to ask, will you be doing a top down view as well since FG doesn't do isometric so well?

I do like how you've ghosted (made transparent) some of the wall sections so we can see the floor beyond them. I haven't seen that done before and but was easy to figure out what was going on as I looked at it. Nice job with that :)

I am kinda keen to keep the map style like this as I am doing something totally different to standard top down maps. I am even planning character tokens to match this style and might even to a set of map tiles in this style as well. But for the moment I am planning some adventure modules and a campaign world for Starfinder.

LordEntrails
August 26th, 2019, 16:37
FYI, I think FGU has the ability to support isometric grids. So you timing might just be fine or we might just have to be a little patient before we have grid support (no reason you can't use a map with tokens and no grid support).

Bidmaron
August 26th, 2019, 23:00
I doubt it is coincidence. Someone had to do the first isometric module for FGU. I have no inside knowledge though.

Tailz Silver Paws
August 27th, 2019, 03:55
FYI, I think FGU has the ability to support isometric grids. So you timing might just be fine or we might just have to be a little patient before we have grid support (no reason you can't use a map with tokens and no grid support).

Would be curious to see how it supports such. But I was just suspecting people would just disable the grid.

I doubt it is coincidence.

Are you suggesting, a conspiracy?

LordEntrails
August 27th, 2019, 03:57
I don't think any of us would be disappointed if it was a conspiracy :)

Tailz Silver Paws
August 27th, 2019, 04:12
I don't think any of us would be disappointed if it was a conspiracy :)
Perhaps if a certain person in charge is lurking and reading this, we could organise a conspiracy to create isometric maps for FGU. But since I am more than likely going to do so anyway... no need.... or is there? Doug, call me? :p