PDA

View Full Version : New Action Tab System in 1.0.15

Samarex
August 23rd, 2019, 04:40
Yep,
Almost got Actions Tab done, just a few bugs to get out and it will be done
-Spells have been moved to a Spells Tab
-Replaced Spells Group with a Abiliry Group on Actions Tab. Works like spells do but modified for Abilitys.
--- Abilities from Class Features can drag and drop.
---Skills can be selected for bonus
--- Rolls can go against a configuable DC
---RP is spent automaticlly for those that use it.
Just to name a few.

Preview of a Trick Attack using the new Actions Tab System.

Transbot9
August 25th, 2019, 21:59
I like it.

xanstin
September 4th, 2019, 02:06
Is it possible to add a way to track daily abilities, with the action tab I don't see a way to check mark the bubbles for non resolve abilities. Also amazing job on the resolve ones!

deer_buster
September 4th, 2019, 03:02
For Samarex, this is the way it looks in the 5e ruleset, which is somewhat what I think is being asked for..

Note, that grouping is somewhat different than how you have the current Actions tab. And, Samarex, if you ever want to be walked through the actions in 5e, hit me up on Discord again and I can host a session for you.

goodmanje
September 6th, 2019, 10:38
Awesome stuff!

goodmanje
September 7th, 2019, 02:26
I noticed the little check boxes don't work in the actions tab. I used those before to keep track of how many healing serums I had or for abilities that could only be used once or twice a day. Also curious why there are levels for the actions tab?

goodmanje
September 7th, 2019, 02:29

Also had this happen all of a sudden and it won't go away.

goodmanje
September 7th, 2019, 02:34
Profession skills are now not functioning also.

deer_buster
September 7th, 2019, 02:55
I noticed the little check boxes don't work in the actions tab. I used those before to keep track of how many healing serums I had or for abilities that could only be used once or twice a day. Also curious why there are levels for the actions tab?

It makes sense for Class Abilities and Spells, but not so much for Racial, Feats, and other effects such as items

deer_buster
September 7th, 2019, 02:56

What won't go away?

goodmanje
September 7th, 2019, 03:55
Level 2, level 3, level 4, etc... I have them all set to zero but every level shows up.

deer_buster
September 7th, 2019, 05:45
Level 2, level 3, level 4, etc... I have them all set to zero but every level shows up.
They won't go away by design I believe

Samarex
September 7th, 2019, 07:31

Try switching to Standard and cycle thru the Type Icon up top of the group.

Samarex
September 7th, 2019, 13:35
Profession skills are now not functioning also.

I have fixed this issue.

theMaXX
October 11th, 2019, 03:54
With the new ability/effects system, is it possible to create a "Base character" with all the common actions like feint, harrying fire, covering fire, etc... eventually a standard trick attack, get'em, and other actions with targeting and effects with drag and drop functionality?
Right now, i can create the "spell" that works properly, but when i drag it to another character, the actions and effects resets...only the "spell" name remains.

Samarex
October 11th, 2019, 04:31
With the new ability/effects system, is it possible to create a "Base character" with all the common actions like feint, harrying fire, covering fire, etc... eventually a standard trick attack, get'em, and other actions with targeting and effects with drag and drop functionality?
Right now, i can create the "spell" that works properly, but when i drag it to another character, the actions and effects resets...only the "spell" name remains.

I will Look at it...
Spell to Spells from Char 1 to Char 2 works fine all the info is copied.
Ability to Abilitys Char 1 to Char 2 Copies the Name and Cast Action gets copied.
I will see whats missing and fix it.

theMaXX
October 11th, 2019, 13:10
Also, is it possible to add a fixed AC for attacks? I.E. Ranged vs. AC15 (granades, covering fire, harrying fire)? I only found attacks against KAC or EAC... or am i missing it?

msbranin
October 11th, 2019, 17:29
I thought grenades attack DC was 5? And yes an attack roll where we can set the DC would be awesome.

deer_buster
October 11th, 2019, 19:50
I thought grenades attack DC was 5? And yes an attack roll where we can set the DC would be awesome.

AC/DC, po-tay-to, po-ta-toe :)

Samarex
October 11th, 2019, 22:10
AC/DC, po-tay-to, po-ta-toe :)

I will add two options on the selector M vs DC and AND R vs DC and it will use the DC boxes below for the value like the Ability option does so you will be able to set the value to what you need, but it will do a Attack roll to add your attack bonus.

theMaXX
October 11th, 2019, 22:43
I will Look at it...
Spell to Spells from Char 1 to Char 2 works fine all the info is copied.
Ability to Abilitys Char 1 to Char 2 Copies the Name and Cast Action gets copied.
I will see whats missing and fix it.

I was trying the drag and drop yesterday night and only the name was being dragged... i'll manage to get a screenshot tonight.

DC 15 was just an example for covering fire.

I will add two options on the selector M vs DC and AND R vs DC and it will use the DC boxes below for the value like the Ability option does so you will be able to set the value to what you need, but it will do a Attack roll to add your attack bonus.

that will be sooooo nice!

theMaXX
October 12th, 2019, 15:22
Hello, samarex

Here's what happens when i drag the ability from one character to another... you can see the envoy already has the heal action, but when i drag to the operative, it only creates a new one with the same name, but no actions. The same thing happens with effects.

https://gyazo.com/7ac7c89d277521f83729746f355228eb

Also,

I know it will envolve some tricky coding here, but is it possible to include the specified DC based on CR OR relevant skill bonus (wichever is higher)? Emulating this kind of check: "The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive total skill bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater. "

Samarex
October 12th, 2019, 17:00
Hello, samarex

Here's what happens when i drag the ability from one character to another... you can see the envoy already has the heal action, but when i drag to the operative, it only creates a new one with the same name, but no actions. The same thing happens with effects.

https://gyazo.com/7ac7c89d277521f83729746f355228eb

Also,

I know it will envolve some tricky coding here, but is it possible to include the specified DC based on CR OR relevant skill bonus (wichever is higher)? Emulating this kind of check: "The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive total skill bonus or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater. "

That will take some work but dont see why not.
I wiil add it ro the list of improvments.
Going to be a bit tho, backlog id getting bigger. Almost got Companions done. After that its finish AA3 and them COM to get those out.
Then I can focus on some of these bugs and improements.

Talen
October 13th, 2019, 16:07
I’m having some difficulties setting up the new actions tab for either operative abilities or skills. Have others been able to get them coded properly with drag and drop and have any guidance or, better still, a video showing the new functionality?