PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Dice

mythweaver
October 21st, 2006, 04:41
I've been playing with the Fantasy Grounds Demo and there is one thing that seems very problematic to me.

I've found that by picking up a die carefully and just dropping it, I can roll whatever I want about 50-60% of the time...

Seems fairly problematic to me. Has anyone else noticed this Is it the same in the full version?

Thanks.

Cantstanzya
October 21st, 2006, 04:53
It's all been covered before HERE (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4200&highlight=dropping)
It is quite obvious when someone does it. Just like around a real table. Can't people around a gaming table pick the dice up 1/4" off the table and drop it straight down?

joshuha
October 21st, 2006, 14:17
Not to mention I haven't seen concrete proof of this yet. I want to see a log where someone picks up a D20 and drops it 1000 times with them saying the number they are going for before the log file (most likely 20) and see how many times they actually hit it.

Obviously this would take a bit of time and probably give you carpal tunnel but I want to see how rigged people think they actually are. Also note that to count it has to show up in the chat screen as sometimes if you just drop the dice it doesn't show up there.

If it really is a problem the easy solution software wise is to require the dice to hit one of the chatbox walls before rolled. That way you still have the realistic physics but it can't be manipulated.

Sigurd
October 21st, 2006, 16:45
If it really is a problem the easy solution software wise is to require the dice to hit one of the chatbox walls before rolled. That way you still have the realistic physics but it can't be manipulated.

That's what I do as a matter of course. The game is in not knowing what will happen.

Sigurd

Scarab
October 21st, 2006, 19:22
I'll say that it seems to me that it is VERY hard to cheat in Fantasy Grounds. I used to have a player that would roll and pick up his dice so you couldn't see them and then tell you he rolled great. He would hate Fantasy Grounds. :bandit: