PDA

View Full Version : FGU small bugs

Asmo
August 21st, 2019, 17:07
I know the multiple dice rolling and showing only one is fixed, but it is still there after i changed weapon damage from 1d6 to 2d6. Calculations are correct but in this case it still says 1d6. => oops, see this is filed as bug 408.

Also, when applying critical as a modifier (upper right corner) it shows 1d6 and 1g6 ("g", typo).
Modifiers Cover and Sup. Cover don't calculate right.

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2019, 01:01
Thanks for the reports.

Incorrect dice expression in chat window
As you already noticed, this is currently filed as FGU-408

"g6" dice
The ruleset uses a special "g#" version of dice to indicate extra dice added by critical in green. This is expected behavior. In the future, FGU has other ways of indicating colored dice in the chat window; but for now, it's best to keep the ruleset the same for both as much as possible to reduce issues during playtesting.

Cover not Calculating Right
I'm not able to re-create. Can you walk me through your steps to help me recreate?
Here's what I tried:
* Open a PC
* Navigate to Actions tab
* Drag and drop Battleaxe
* (Weapon entry created)
* Roll attack roll
* (Attack roll has correct modifiers)
* Open Modifiers
* Click Cover button
* Roll attack roll again
* (Attack roll has same modifiers -2; and has [COVER -2] tag added to description)
* Click Superior Cover button
* Roll attack roll again
* (Attack roll has same modifiers -5; and has [COVER -5] tag added to description)

Thanks,
JPG

Asmo
August 22nd, 2019, 07:42
"g6" dice
The ruleset uses a special "g#" version of dice to indicate extra dice added by critical in green. This is expected behavior. In the future, FGU has other ways of indicating colored dice in the chat window; but for now, it's best to keep the ruleset the same for both as much as possible to reduce issues during playtesting.

I thought of this, but then i saw a blue die named "d" (modified Max roll), so i thought it was a typo. I have not tested this on normal FG because it is not installed on the same pc.

I followed your steps and could not reproduce it. Not sure if i mixed up things, sorry for that. I must make screenshots next time ;-)

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2019, 18:36
"g6" dice
Hmm, I'll have to investigate when I do the chat dice expression/total fixes. I would expect it to show up as b#.

No worries. Part of managing the alpha test for me is recreating the issues as much as possible, so we can document. There may be issues that may be issues that are sporadic, so we prefer to hear about an work through steps.

Regards,
JPG