PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG2 Character sheet layout in line with Paizo sheet?

Xillion
August 20th, 2019, 18:34
Hello. Tomorrow night I'll be GMing my first ever game on FG and PFRPG2. I've had one player go ahead and create their character in the client and we had some questions about the character sheet. I know the rules are new and active development is ongoing, but are there plans to make the FG character sheet more in line with the official character sheet?

Bidmaron
August 20th, 2019, 18:40
No. Not to be flippant but that is like asking if Ford could make its Mustang look more like the Amish buggy.
Putting the character sheet into Paizo form would vastly reduce its automation ability. Plus there are plenty of folks on the Paizo forums griping about ineffectiveness of the official form.
But welcome to the forums!

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 18:41
Welcome to the forums Xillion.

I've moved your post to it's own thread, the other thread was more for discussions and reporting of issues with the Core Rules DLC.

I don't have any plans to make any major changes to the layout of the FG character sheet. GUI work in Fantasy Grounds is pretty intensive, and making major changes would impact those who are used to the layout as it is now - which is based on the longstanding 3.5E/PFRPG character sheet.

Good luck with your game tomorrow!

Xillion
August 21st, 2019, 00:02
Welcome to the forums Xillion.

I've moved your post to it's own thread, the other thread was more for discussions and reporting of issues with the Core Rules DLC.

I don't have any plans to make any major changes to the layout of the FG character sheet. GUI work in Fantasy Grounds is pretty intensive, and making major changes would impact those who are used to the layout as it is now - which is based on the longstanding 3.5E/PFRPG character sheet.

Good luck with your game tomorrow!

Thank you for the quick response! I understand not wanting to make major changes to it. This being my first PFRPG2 game, I'm not too familiar with the character sheet yet. However, I did have one question about armor proficiency:

I created a level 1 bard which means the character is trained in light armor. I then equipped him with padded armor. However, on the combat tab, his AC did not automatically calculate his proficiency; it seems there is a manual toggle for it instead. Is this something purposefully not automated?

I will keep an eye out for anything else that might need looking at and post in the appropriate threads. Thank you for all the work you do!

Trenloe
August 21st, 2019, 00:06
I created a level 1 bard which means the character is trained in light armor. I then equipped him with padded armor. However, on the combat tab, his AC did not automatically calculate his proficiency; it seems there is a manual toggle for it instead. Is this something purposefully not automated?
The only reason it's not automated right now is prioritizing development time. This will come in future - it's part of the "Better tracking of non-skill proficiencies (attacks and armor)." future features listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=446770&viewfull=1#post446770

Ckorik
August 22nd, 2019, 05:13
Thank you for the quick response! I understand not wanting to make major changes to it. This being my first PFRPG2 game, I'm not too familiar with the character sheet yet. However, I did have one question about armor proficiency:

I will keep an eye out for anything else that might need looking at and post in the appropriate threads. Thank you for all the work you do!

For right now I'd keep an eye on anything with proficiency - armor and attacks especially - even when Trenloe gets things feature complete - it's always best to treat FG as less of a 'hero lab' replacement and more of a 'pen and paper' replacement - always double check your character - especially anywhere there is a number that matters.