PDA

View Full Version : FGU Sharing LOS Definitions for Maps - Crowd Project

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

spoonhead
October 21st, 2020, 07:01
If LoS information is submitted, can this be added to the module manually so that any new campaign where the module is loaded, the LoS information is available automatically. I understand that you can drop the LoS information into a campaign’s moduledb folder, but was hoping that didn’t need to be done every time. There are a number of modules that I bought away from Smiteworks, so the updates doesn’t work for them. I know that LoS info has been added as they have posted them in this thread.

spoonhead
October 21st, 2020, 07:06
Just seen the update post for yesterday. I see the Empire of the Ghouls has had an update, but didn’t get the LoS update I submitted a few weeks back. If there’s a problem with what I submitted, happy to sort, or if it’s not good enough, then some feedback would help me try and do it better in the future.

Jiminimonka
October 21st, 2020, 15:49
The tactical maps one isn't an occluder file and I don't know what you've done in the Morty one so I'm not willing to risk updating and causing issues. If you tell me what the glitches are I can fix them.

What is the name of the occluder file for Tactical Maps?

I removed the "terrain" from the Orc Feast room - it is not necessary - tables and chairs would not block sight, which was a mistake I made when I did it initially. I also tidied up some of the doorways. It won't cause issues, it the one I submitted originally (with a tiny update).

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2020, 16:26
If LoS information is submitted, can this be added to the module manually so that any new campaign where the module is loaded, the LoS information is available automatically. I understand that you can drop the LoS information into a campaign’s moduledb folder, but was hoping that didn’t need to be done every time. There are a number of modules that I bought away from Smiteworks, so the updates doesn’t work for them. I know that LoS info has been added as they have posted them in this thread.
You can add it manually, but you shouldn't need to once it's in the update system. Though note that if you have modified a map, you will need to do a Revert Changes on it to get the new LOS info for it.

Hopefully where ever you bought the external module from you can just go re-download it from there and it will have been updated.

Just seen the update post for yesterday. I see the Empire of the Ghouls has had an update, but didn’t get the LoS update I submitted a few weeks back. If there’s a problem with what I submitted, happy to sort, or if it’s not good enough, then some feedback would help me try and do it better in the future.
If the list in the City Hall says the LOS was updated, then you just need to Revert changes after an update. If not, we will ahve to leave it to Mr Z to reply.

spoonhead
October 21st, 2020, 16:49
That’s the issue. The company sent over the xml files to you, but haven’t updated the originals on their site, so it looks like i have to find them on this thread and use them as and when.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2020, 19:30
That’s the issue. The company sent over the xml files to you, but haven’t updated the originals on their site, so it looks like i have to find them on this thread and use them as and when.

What files are we talking about. As far as I am aware I've updated every module that I got LoS info for in this thread. It is certainly possible that I missed one though.

spoonhead
October 21st, 2020, 20:26
What files are we talking about. As far as I am aware I've updated every module that I got LoS info for in this thread. It is certainly possible that I missed one though.

The issue is that I bought them from their site, not here, so the modules don’t get updated from the weekly update. I was just asking if there is a way to amend the module manually, so I don’t have to remember to add the xml file every time I add them to a new campaign. They are the AAW mini-dungeon modules.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2020, 21:57
The issue is that I bought them from their site, not here, so the modules don’t get updated from the weekly update. I was just asking if there is a way to amend the module manually, so I don’t have to remember to add the xml file every time I add them to a new campaign. They are the AAW mini-dungeon modules.

Hmm. I don't have an answer for you. Not sure why they're modules don't have the LoS on them. Everyone can access the tool so they should be able to add the LoS themselves. But if they don't then the only option would be to add the files to the moduledb folder.

GKEnialb
October 22nd, 2020, 03:14
I can confirm that the mini-dungeon modules are being pushed out with the LoS updates in them and show up in all campaigns without manually copying the xml file into moduledb.

spoonhead
October 22nd, 2020, 04:41
I can confirm that the mini-dungeon modules are being pushed out with the LoS updates in them and show up in all campaigns without manually copying the xml file into moduledb.

They do if they were bought from the Smiteworks store. If they were bought from the AAW store, as I did, the updates here do not change them.

Jiminimonka
October 22nd, 2020, 10:52
They do if they were bought from the Smiteworks store. If they were bought from the AAW store, as I did, the updates here do not change them.

So these modules are not being loaded by FantasyGrounds unless you put them in your module folder and are not auto loaded like all purchases from Steam or Smiteworks store?

Contact AAW store and ask them to add the LOS files to their downloads if that is the case. Looking at the store some of the modules say Line of Sight included, so maybe you need to redownload them.

GKEnialb
October 23rd, 2020, 00:41
Would there be any repercussions if he made a directory to put the files in and replaced moduledb in each campaign with a junction to that common directory (so all campaigns would go to a single directory for moduledb)?

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2020, 08:41
Would there be any repercussions if he made a directory to put the files in and replaced moduledb in each campaign with a junction to that common directory (so all campaigns would go to a single directory for moduledb)?
Moduledb is a local database for changes to base modules in each campaign. If this directory was pointed to a single directory then every single change made to a FG module record within any campaign (not just LoS for maps) would be replicated across all campaigns for uses of that modules. This includes minor edits made in an ongoing campaign. I wouldn’t recommend doing this.

GKEnialb
October 24th, 2020, 03:31
AaW Games Map Pack Volume 4 (confirmed for both 5E and PFRPG)

spoonhead
October 25th, 2020, 20:05
Seems the update of Empire of the Ghouls where

Empire of the Ghouls (5E Compatible)
[Fixed] module name
[Fixed] all maps to 1000px largest dimension
[Updated] Map pins, grids on PC maps

Has done this:

It's not every map, but it is most.

The grids on some maps have also been turned off. The resolution of the maps are now very low res.

This is from a clean campaign. But it's also screwed my live campaign.

reddragonstory
October 26th, 2020, 00:04
Hi,

This Completed Project's XML files is available in a pack somewhere on a shared drive?

Thanks, Taszi

LordEntrails
October 26th, 2020, 02:11
Hi,

This Completed Project's XML files is available in a pack somewhere on a shared drive?

Thanks, Taszi
No, and its not needed. All of the xml posted here, once verified, is included in the modules so that when you download them in FGU they already have the LOS embedded in them and ready to use.

spoonhead
October 26th, 2020, 07:20
Some more digging, and it's quite clear that the XML file I submitted for these maps were never embedded in the module, and so the resizing of the maps has created a complete mess of the LoS in my campaign. The PC map quality is now awful, and I suppose there is nothing that can be done, other than redo all my maps again?

Also all the map pins have been removed from the player maps.

Seems the update of Empire of the Ghouls where

Empire of the Ghouls (5E Compatible)
[Fixed] module name
[Fixed] all maps to 1000px largest dimension
[Updated] Map pins, grids on PC maps

Has done this:

It's not every map, but it is most.

The grids on some maps have also been turned off. The resolution of the maps are now very low res.

This is from a clean campaign. But it's also screwed my live campaign.

spoonhead
October 26th, 2020, 10:26
Luckily I have FGU on my bootcamp partition, and hadn't updated, so was able to show the difference in quality.

Before the update (where my LoS data lines up)

And here's the same area afterwards.

It loses a bit due to internet resolutions, but it's still noticeable. Screen resolution is the same in both Mac and Windows systems.

ddavison
October 26th, 2020, 13:25
Luckily I have FGU on my bootcamp partition, and hadn't updated, so was able to show the difference in quality.

Before the update (where my LoS data lines up)

And here's the same area afterwards.

It loses a bit due to internet resolutions, but it's still noticeable. Screen resolution is the same in both Mac and Windows systems.

Thanks for posting this spoonhead. Those look very bad. Maps should not be resized to a 1000px max resolution, so I will have James follow up with the developer on this one to see about redoing it. The LOS should be updated whenever we resize a map if it already has LOS.

spoonhead
October 26th, 2020, 13:39
Thanks for posting this spoonhead. Those look very bad. Maps should not be resized to a 1000px max resolution, so I will have James follow up with the developer on this one to see about redoing it. The LOS should be updated whenever we resize a map if it already has LOS.

Please do. As I said, I don’t think the LoS info I submitted has actually been embedded.

Steve Flammang
October 26th, 2020, 21:09
Hi Zacch,
Here is Chapter 6 for the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. So this is all finished now :)

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2020, 22:50

Hi Zacch,
Here is Chapter 6 for the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. So this is all finished now :)
Thanks guys; I'll get to these soon. Got another thing going that I need to finish first.

Callum
October 29th, 2020, 17:34
If you purchased from the FG Store, just do an update to FGU and it will download the new version of the module that has the XML file in it already.

If you see the LoS icon on an item in the store, it means it includes the necessary XML files, you don't have to do anything special.

This isn't working for me with the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, which I purchased from the FG Store. I've run an update, I've reverted changes on the maps, I've even closed and the re-opened the module - but none of the maps have any LoS content on them (the wall icon is missing when the map is unlocked). What might be stopping me from getting the LoS info?

GKEnialb
October 30th, 2020, 02:41
It's really interesting that your wall icon is missing. What items are present? Mine looks like this:

Callum
October 30th, 2020, 11:07
It's really interesting that your wall icon is missing. What items are present? Mine looks like this:

That icon is there - it's the one underneath that's missing, which shows that the map in question doesn't have any LoS markers on it:

spoonhead
October 30th, 2020, 11:43
Don’t you just have to click the space where it should be?

That icon is there - it's the one underneath that's missing, which shows that the map in question doesn't have any LoS markers on it:

Callum
October 30th, 2020, 13:46
Don’t you just have to click the space where it should be?

No, that's just an indicator to show whether LoS data has been defined for that map. To turn on LoS, I would click the larger eye symbol above that. (Interestingly, if I turn on LoS for a map without any LoS data, I can't then approve token movement on that map.)

Trenloe
October 30th, 2020, 14:34
This isn't working for me with the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, which I purchased from the FG Store. I've run an update, I've reverted changes on the maps, I've even closed and the re-opened the module - but none of the maps have any LoS content on them (the wall icon is missing when the map is unlocked). What might be stopping me from getting the LoS info?
Parts 1-4 have LoS on the maps. Parts 5 and 6 currently don't have the LoS included in the released product.

Callum
October 30th, 2020, 18:14
Parts 1-4 have LoS on the maps. Parts 5 and 6 currently don't have the LoS included in the released product.

Thanks for confirming that, Trenloe. Zacchaeus had said (in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50591-FGU-Sharing-LOS-Definitions-for-Maps-Crowd-Project&p=537511&viewfull=1#post537511), from August 28th) that he'd added the LoS for part 5 in, which is why I was looking at those maps.

GKEnialb
October 30th, 2020, 21:18
Adventure a Week Games A07: Alchemist’s Errand - this is only for 5E.

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2020, 21:21
Thanks for confirming that, Trenloe. Zacchaeus had said (in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50591-FGU-Sharing-LOS-Definitions-for-Maps-Crowd-Project&p=537511&viewfull=1#post537511), from August 28th) that he'd added the LoS for part 5 in, which is why I was looking at those maps.

I did in fact added the occluder files to part five of the module back in August; I'll check with James to make sure that the module has been properly released.

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2020, 09:28
Hi Zacch,

Thanks Steve for your sterling effort. The module has now been updated.

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2020, 09:46

Adventure a Week Games A07: Alchemist’s Errand - this is only for 5E.

Both modules now updated; thanks again GK

Callum
October 31st, 2020, 11:50
Thanks Steve for your sterling effort. The module has now been updated.

Thanks, Zacchaeus and Steve, for doing this! I've just run an update, but I'm not seeing the LoS data in chapters 5 or 6 - is there a delay after you announce it in here before it's available in the updater?

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2020, 18:32
Thanks, Zacchaeus and Steve, for doing this! I've just run an update, but I'm not seeing the LoS data in chapters 5 or 6 - is there a delay after you announce it in here before it's available in the updater?

Well yes. I'm just saying that I've updated the files. James then needs to release those files to the patch system. It's likely that the ones mentioned above will be released a week on Tuesday (but that's a guess).

Callum
November 1st, 2020, 12:09
Got it - thanks!

ithix
November 2nd, 2020, 13:43
Hey Doug, I was planning to start doing this for the Iron Gods series when I stumbled across this thread. I've also just started NaNoWriMo, so if you need it done ASAP someone else might get it done faster. If not, I'll send you modules as I get them done.

Do you know if FGU has any issues with using drawing tablets? (XP-Pen 22 Pro) So far I've been able to use it on Dungeon Painter Studio but I thought I'd inquire in the event something pops up. Now back to my 1667 words for the day.

Cheers

Stadlerc
November 5th, 2020, 03:28
This was a short one.. Starfinder - Abattoir 8
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGSFIGGGA8

E1 - E5 (all encounters)

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2020, 09:03
Hey Doug, I was planning to start doing this for the Iron Gods series when I stumbled across this thread. I've also just started NaNoWriMo, so if you need it done ASAP someone else might get it done faster. If not, I'll send you modules as I get them done.

Do you know if FGU has any issues with using drawing tablets? (XP-Pen 22 Pro) So far I've been able to use it on Dungeon Painter Studio but I thought I'd inquire in the event something pops up. Now back to my 1667 words for the day.

Cheers

If what you are wanting to do isn't listed in the first post then no-one is doing it. If you want me to put you down for it I'll update the first post; but I'll need more info on the actual module titles since I'm not familiar with Iron Gods.

And I don't know if your pen thingie will work or not. I suspect it won't but I don't know enough about such shenanigans to say for sure.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2020, 09:14
This was a short one.. Starfinder - Abattoir 8
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGSFIGGGA8

E1 - E5 (all encounters)

Thanks Stadlerc; I've updated the module to include your files.

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 17:02
[QUOTE=ddavison;449947]Sorry Doug, I'm hijacking your post because I've run out of room above.

Completed Projects

Rise of the Runlelords anniversary edition AP1-6 - Done Steve Flammang

According to the list LOS is complete for all of the RotRL APs. There doesn't seem to be LOS definitions on AP5 (Sins of the Saviors) maps however.

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 17:34
It appears the LOS definitions are missing for AP6 of Rise of the Runelords as well.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 17:35
According to the list LOS is complete for all of the RotRL APs. There doesn't seem to be LOS definitions on AP5 (Sins of the Saviors) maps however.

Did you check in a new campaign? In an existing campaign you may have to revert changes on the module or close and re-open it. Everything on my end shows the LoS files are in the module but I'll await your response before I ask James to investigate further.

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 17:37
By "close and re-open" it do you just mean close FGU and reopen it or something else?

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 18:07
Did you check in a new campaign? In an existing campaign you may have to revert changes on the module or close and re-open it. Everything on my end shows the LoS files are in the module but I'll await your response before I ask James to investigate further.
Ok so this is in an existing campaign. I have tried closing and reopening FGU, I have unloaded and reloaded the modules, I have reverted changes multiple times but still see no LOS definitions for AP5&6.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 18:27
AP 6 has been done but isn't released yet (should be tomorrow I think). AP5 was done some time ago. Did you try in a new campaign? Might I suggest that you check again tomorrow (after tomorrows update) to see if both are now showing correctly. I think last I spoke to James about the issue it was after last weeks update - so maybe this week's one will fix the issue.

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 18:42
AP 6 has been done but isn't released yet (should be tomorrow I think). AP5 was done some time ago. Did you try in a new campaign? Might I suggest that you check again tomorrow (after tomorrows update) to see if both are now showing correctly. I think last I spoke to James about the issue it was after last weeks update - so maybe this week's one will fix the issue.

Tried it with new campaign, no extensions loaded. Opened map added an NPC to CT and turned on LOS. No joy.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 18:55
Ok, let me know if tomorrow's update fixes things. If it doesn't I'll need to get James to investigate further.

mozmonar
November 9th, 2020, 22:36
Will do!

Jiminimonka
November 10th, 2020, 15:30
The tactical maps one isn't an occluder file and I don't know what you've done in the Morty one so I'm not willing to risk updating and causing issues. If you tell me what the glitches are I can fix them.

On the Rick and Morty map - its the (badly) circled part of the map - those tables should not block LOS. I don't know if you already did this as I havent reverted the map yet, and took a screenshot first.

Castle Wall map - its the door ways onto the battlements, they just block LOS with a solid wall. I had a party of players sneak onto the roof open the doors and see nothing. I edited it so there was a corridor from the towers onto the battlements.

mozmonar
November 10th, 2020, 19:47
Ok, let me know if tomorrow's update fixes things. If it doesn't I'll need to get James to investigate further.

Seems to be working on AP 5&6 maps now after patching and reverting changes. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2020, 19:55
Seems to be working on AP 5&6 maps now after patching and reverting changes. Thanks.

Jolly Good

GKEnialb
November 11th, 2020, 03:54
Adventure a Week Games A07: Alchemist’s Errand

spoonhead
November 12th, 2020, 06:16

Any update on this and the LoS still missing from the module? After every update I’m having to copy over an old version of the data file to maintain my maps and the LoS information i previously submitted on 20 September.

Well, I went ahead and finished all the maps in Empire of the Ghouls, a module by Kobold Press. I did try and contact them to ask if they were working on LoS for FGU, but go no reply. Anyway, here's the XML file. I hope all is ok, but if there are any issues or problems, please shout out.

Callum
November 13th, 2020, 18:14
Thanks for doing this, Steve - it must have been an immense amount of work!

In Ch. 6, on the map for the Vekkers' cabin, the LoS markers outside the cabin don't seem to be producing the results you might expect, when a token is on the path - the revealed areas are strangely bifurcated (see attached image). Also, I would have thought that someone approaching on the path would be able to see the outside of the cabin and the tree.

GKEnialb
November 14th, 2020, 03:15
Adventure a Week C02: Goblin Cave (5ed only)

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2020, 09:57
Adventure a Week Games A07: Alchemist’s Errand

Hey GK; the text of your post and the attached xml files have different names. I can't find a module in the store that matches the name on the xml file and Alchemist's Errand is already done. You have confused me :)

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2020, 10:02
Adventure a Week C02: Goblin Cave (5ed only)

Thanks GK; I've updated the module with your files.

GKEnialb
November 14th, 2020, 16:00
Hey GK; the text of your post and the attached xml files have different names. I can't find a module in the store that matches the name on the xml file and Alchemist's Errand is already done. You have confused me :)

Oops, sorry about that. That's what I get from copy/pasting from previous posts... :) The name of the module may be AAW B11 Fall of House Rodow (that's how it's listed on their store page, but the module loaded into FGU is "FG5EB11 - The Fall of House Rodwell", with the log showing the same, "MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.8276538 - FG5EB11 - The Fall of House Rodwell"). In the updater log, it appears to be AAWFG5EB11. Let me know if you need any more info.

GKEnialb
November 14th, 2020, 20:02
On a different note, I believe that "C01: Alagoran’s Gem" has been completed for 5E and Pathfinder - the first page only lists it for Savage Worlds. Looking through the thread, it looks like it may have been correct at some point, but not at the moment.

Gwydion
November 14th, 2020, 21:59
On a different note, I believe that "C01: Alagoran’s Gem" has been completed for 5E and Pathfinder - the first page only lists it for Savage Worlds. Looking through the thread, it looks like it may have been correct at some point, but not at the moment.

Fwiw, that is a great adventure!

AAWGAMES
November 16th, 2020, 18:30
aaw modules which now have los added

5e

a00: Crow’s rest island

a01: Crypt of the sun lord

a02: Devil of the dark wood

a03: Champion’s rest

a05: Winterflower
a07: Alchemist's errand
a08: Search for the tri-stone
a10: Icecrag monastery
a17: Haunting of rybalka lodge
a24: Return to the crypt of the sun lord

b02: Happiness in slavery

b03: It all falls down

b04: The cave beast hoard

b06: Cry of ill omen

b07: Beauty & blood

b08: Thief in the night

b09: Curse of the full moon

basic01: A learning time

basic02: A frightful time

basic03: A giving time

basic04: A miraculous time
co2: Goblin cave

mini-dungeon #001: Buried council chambers

mini-dungeon #002: Hobgoblin lair

mini-dungeon #003: Shrine of the earth barons

mini-dungeon #004: Summoner’s remorse

mini-dungeon #005: The soularium

mini-dungeon #006: Abandoned shrine

mini-dungeon #007: The pententieyrie

mini-dungeon #008: Carrionholme

mini-dungeon #009: Tiikeri’s revenge

mini-dungeon #010: Candalabra towers

mini-dungeon #011: Buta no shiro

mini-dungeon #012: Nekh-ta-nebi’s tomb

mini-dungeon #013: The case of the scrupulous pawnbroker

mini-dungeon #014: The soul of a prince

mini-dungeon #015: Torment at torni tower

mini-dungeon #016: The halls of hellfire

mini-dungeon #017: Shadows of madness

mini-dungeon #018: Neotomas paradise

mini-dungeon #019: The goblin warren

mini-dungeon #020: Sepulchre of the witching hour’s sage

mini-dungeon #021: Daenyr’s return

mini-dungeon #022: The pleasure den

mini-dungeon #023: Aura of profit

mini-dungeon #024: The lapis maiden of serena hortum

mini-dungeon #025: The phase spider lair

mini-dungeon #026: Sanctuary of exsanguination

mini-dungeon #027: Kaltenheim

mini-dungeon #028: Throne of the dwellers in dreams

mini-dungeon #029: Heart of the sacred dawn

mini-dungeon #030: The burning tree of coilltean grove

mini-dungeon monthly #1

mini-dungeon monthly #2

mini-dungeon monthly #3

mini-dungeon monthly #4

mini-dungeon monthly #5

mini-dungeon monthly #6
u01: Dark days in stoneholme

u02 murder in stoneholme

u03: Death comes to stoneholme
mini dungeon tome

rise of the drow collector's edition

pathfinder

a05: Winter flower

b04 the cave beast hoard

mini-dungeon #001: Buried council chambers

mini-dungeon #002: Hobgoblin lair

mini-dungeon #003: Shrine of the earth barons

mini-dungeon #004: Summoner’s remorse

mini-dungeon #005: The soularium

mini-dungeon #006: Abandoned shrine

mini-dungeon #007: The pententieyrie

mini-dungeon #008: Carrionholme

mini-dungeon #009: Tiikeri’s revenge
mini dungeon #010: Ghastardly deeds

mini-dungeon #011: Buta no shiro

mini-dungeon #012: Nekh-ta-nebi
mini-dungeon #013: The case of the scrupulous pawnbroker

mini-dungeon #014: The soul of a prince
mini-dungeon #015: Torment at torni tower

mini-dungeon #016: The halls of hellfire

mini-dungeon #017: Shadows of madness

mini-dungeon #018: Neotomas paradise

mini-dungeon #019: The goblin warren

mini-dungeon #020: Sepulchre of the witching hour’s sage

mini-dungeon #021: Daenyr’s return

mini-dungeon #022: The pleasure den

mini-dungeon #023: Aura of profit

mini-dungeon #024: The lapis maiden of serena hortum

mini-dungeon #025: The phase spider lair

mini-dungeon #026: Sanctuary of exsanguination

mini-dungeon #027: Kaltenheim

mini-dungeon #028: Throne of the dwellers in dreams

mini-dungeon #029: Heart of the sacred dawn

mini-dungeon #030: The burning tree of coilltean grove
mini-dungeon tome

u01: Dark days in stoneholme

u02: Murder in stoneholme

u03: Death comes to stoneholme

savage worlds

b01: Under his skin

a04: Forest for the trees

a05: Winterflower

a06: Bear trouble

a07: Alchemist’s errand

a02 devil in darkwood

b02 happiness in slavery

a03: Champion’s rest

c01 alagoran’s gem

generic
aaw map pack vol 1
aaw map pack vol 2
aaw map pack vol 3
aaw map pack vol 4

is this list up to date?

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2020, 22:04
is this list up to date?

Yes. Apart from the very recent ones in theh last couple of posts that I haven't got around to doing yet.

GKEnialb
November 18th, 2020, 01:56
AAW Games B13 Frozen Nightmares 5E only

Stadlerc
November 18th, 2020, 02:33
Got bored.. SO here is LOS file for Skitter Shot..
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO950013FG

P.S. TOTALY wish there wasnt a giant $ on the map where the secret door is :)

Stadlerc
November 19th, 2020, 01:49
Another Super short project.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO950015FG

Callum
November 19th, 2020, 11:33
Thanks for doing this, Steve - it must have been an immense amount of work!

In Ch. 6, on the map for the Vekkers' cabin, the LoS markers outside the cabin don't seem to be producing the results you might expect, when a token is on the path - the revealed areas are strangely bifurcated (see attached image). Also, I would have thought that someone approaching on the path would be able to see the outside of the cabin and the tree.

Also, the cabin's front porch (area B8) should be visible from the outside, and vice versa.

Steve Flammang
November 20th, 2020, 13:28
Also, the cabin's front porch (area B8) should be visible from the outside, and vice versa.

Thank you Callum for the nice words and happy to hear you get some benefit of the maps, AREA B is now visible from outside. For Vekker`s cabine if you want your players to see the terrain behind the occluders simply open the desired one to get a quick peek behind (my point of view was that the path that leads up was deeper than the surrounding rocks so players only have a full view one´s they arrived the top (but that´s just a matter how you wanna play it).Anyway I tried to redo the occluders a little bit so more of the path is seen.
Just copy the new xml file in your campaign folder an it's good to go.

Thanks again

Curuthanir
November 22nd, 2020, 03:47
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 1 - The Reach of Empire

GKEnialb
November 23rd, 2020, 00:46
Adventure a Week Games Shattered Heart Adventure Path #4 Crucible of Faith (tested on both 5E and PFRPG)

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 10:07
Oops, sorry about that. That's what I get from copy/pasting from previous posts... :) The name of the module may be AAW B11 Fall of House Rodow (that's how it's listed on their store page, but the module loaded into FGU is "FG5EB11 - The Fall of House Rodwell", with the log showing the same, "MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.8276538 - FG5EB11 - The Fall of House Rodwell"). In the updater log, it appears to be AAWFG5EB11. Let me know if you need any more info.

Found it, and the module has now been updated.

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 10:18

Yep, they've been done. I've updated the first post.

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 10:23
AAW Games B13 Frozen Nightmares 5E only

Jolly Good, files have been updated

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 10:47
Got bored.. SO here is LOS file for Skitter Shot..
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO950013FG

P.S. TOTALY wish there wasnt a giant $ on the map where the secret door is :)

Another Super short project.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO950015FG

Thanks Stadlerc, I've added the occluders to the files.

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 10:55
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 1 - The Reach of Empire

Thanks Curuthanir; I've updated the module

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2020, 11:11
Adventure a Week Games Shattered Heart Adventure Path #4 Crucible of Faith (tested on both 5E and PFRPG)

Added to module.

Curuthanir
November 24th, 2020, 05:02
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 2 - Escape from the Prison Moon.

Let me say, for a module that only has 4 maps in it, Paizo really dropped the ball on the communications between their cartographer and their writers. One map has rooms that are clearly connected, when the story doesn't match. The prison map has rooms that don't make sense, or line up with their written description.

I did the best I could.

*Edit: I updated the points a little bit to clean it up, as I hadn't seen Zacchaeus state that he had updated the module yet.*

GKEnialb
November 25th, 2020, 03:06
AAW Games A25: Flute of the Four Winds for 5e

GKEnialb
November 28th, 2020, 03:44
Adventure a Week Games A19: Incandium's Eruption

The files are different for 5E and Pathfinder.

5E is named Incandium's Eruption. PFRPG is named A19 Incandiums Eruption.

Jiminimonka
November 29th, 2020, 18:10
Here is a clearer Rick and Morty image - as I see its not been altered. Tables and chair would not block LOS. It was my bad, I did it wrong in the first place when I submitted it originally (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50591-FGU-Sharing-LOS-Definitions-for-Maps-Crowd-Project&p=510464&viewfull=1#post510464)

Daso
December 1st, 2020, 01:27
Pathfinder 2E The Fall of Plaguestone.

There's a couple of extra maps in the XML though, things I've added. I hope those don't negatively impact the LOS data you need for the official maps.

GKEnialb
December 9th, 2020, 04:29
Adventure a Week Games A16: Midwinter's Chill

5E is named Midwinter's Chill. PFRPG is named A16 Midwinter's Chill.

GKEnialb
December 24th, 2020, 18:18
Adventure a Week Games A09: Rogue Wizard

As above, the files are different for 5E and Pathfinder.

5E is named "Rogue Wizard". PFRPG is named "A09 Rogue Wizard".

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2020, 19:03
Thanks all, I'll get around to adding these in soon.

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2021, 15:15
Here is a clearer Rick and Morty image - as I see its not been altered. Tables and chair would not block LOS. It was my bad, I did it wrong in the first place when I submitted it originally (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50591-FGU-Sharing-LOS-Definitions-for-Maps-Crowd-Project&p=510464&viewfull=1#post510464)

I've update the Los for this one to reflect the changes suggested.

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2021, 15:16
Pathfinder 2E The Fall of Plaguestone.

There's a couple of extra maps in the XML though, things I've added. I hope those don't negatively impact the LOS data you need for the official maps.

Thanks Daso, I've updated the module.

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2021, 15:16
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 2 - Escape from the Prison Moon.

Let me say, for a module that only has 4 maps in it, Paizo really dropped the ball on the communications between their cartographer and their writers. One map has rooms that are clearly connected, when the story doesn't match. The prison map has rooms that don't make sense, or line up with their written description.

I did the best I could.

*Edit: I updated the points a little bit to clean it up, as I hadn't seen Zacchaeus state that he had updated the module yet.*

I've updated this one, thanks Curuthanir

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2021, 15:17
AAW Games A25: Flute of the Four Winds for 5e

Adventure a Week Games A19: Incandium's Eruption

5E is named Incandium's Eruption. PFRPG is named A19 Incandiums Eruption.

Adventure a Week Games A16: Midwinter's Chill

5E is named Midwinter's Chill. PFRPG is named A16 Midwinter's Chill.

Adventure a Week Games A09: Rogue Wizard

As above, the files are different for 5E and Pathfinder.

5E is named "Rogue Wizard". PFRPG is named "A09 Rogue Wizard".

All updated now. Thanks again.

GKEnialb
January 4th, 2021, 01:24
No worries and thanks for the update!

Kittenhugs
January 7th, 2021, 23:39
Is there any chance anyone is doing the maps from Eberron: Rising from the Last War? It'd be really useful if those were ready to go and I didn't have to do them myself.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2021, 00:06
Is there any chance anyone is doing the maps from Eberron: Rising from the Last War? It'd be really useful if those were ready to go and I didn't have to do them myself.
This one was done some time ago. I’m not at my computer to check but the maps for the adventure are certainly done. I can’t remember if I also did the ones in the reference or not (I think I did)

CULTxicycalm
January 11th, 2021, 23:09
Hello. I wanted to ask if Curse of the Crimson Throne LOS has been added? A while back people were saying that it had been added, or was about to be added, and I'll be playing it in two weeks, so it'd be good to know...

Zacchaeus
January 12th, 2021, 00:07
Welcome to FG.

According to the store page the LOS has been done for that one.

CULTxicycalm
January 12th, 2021, 00:11
Welcome to FG.

According to the store page the LOS has been done for that one.

Maybe someone should add it to the OP list then, if that's correct? I am worried because it's not on the list, so maybe the store page is wrong.

Zacchaeus
January 12th, 2021, 00:21
Only those projects which have been submitted in this thread are on this list. In other cases the developer has added the LOS themselves or the modules came out after this project started and so were developed with LOS on them. So the list at the start of this thread is not definitive so you should go by the store page. In fact the list is somewhat redundant now. Also I might have just forgotten to add it to the list if it was submitted through this thread but I’m not going to read through all one thousand posts to check. If you already have the module (which I assume you have if you are going to be running it) you’ll see the LOS on it.

CULTxicycalm
January 12th, 2021, 00:54
That clears it up, thanks!

GKEnialb
January 19th, 2021, 03:29
AAW Games A22: Saatman's Throne for 5E only

GKEnialb
January 23rd, 2021, 02:29
Adventure a Week Games A18: Storm’s Wake

5E is named Storm's Wake. PFRPG is named FGPFA18%3A Storm's Wake.

Note that the PFRPG version has several more maps than the 5E version...

Sulimo
January 23rd, 2021, 03:39
I am going to tackle the following:

RMC: Dun Cru
RMC: Shadow World: Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn
RMC: A Wedding at Axebridge

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2021, 09:26
AAW Games A22: Saatman's Throne for 5E only

Adventure a Week Games A18: Storm’s Wake

5E is named Storm's Wake. PFRPG is named FGPFA18%3A Storm's Wake.

Note that the PFRPG version has several more maps than the 5E version...

All modules updated, cheers.

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2021, 09:29
I am going to tackle the following:

RMC: Dun Cru
RMC: Shadow World: Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn
RMC: A Wedding at Axebridge

Jolly Good; I've updated the first post.

Sulimo
January 26th, 2021, 23:08
RMC: Dún Crú

Maetco
January 27th, 2021, 06:04
Hi everyone!

I'm not quite sure how the LoS updating for the marketplace content works. Does the publisher have to commission such work or is it totally random based on what community members want to work on? In practice, I'm interested if things like

Out of the Box https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGNA5EOOTBE
Mini-Dungeon Tome https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=AAWFG5EMDT
Odyssey of the Dragonlords https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFG5EAWMUH051946

are going to get LoS?

morgarth1
January 27th, 2021, 08:08
Hi all, i love the LoS, but as all players and masters know, sometime in many places that show stuff too much from characters, u think u will upgrade LoS maybe giving the possibility to set a "range" for tokens, and or, "cone" of view? i don't know if someone else ask that but i really appreciate if this improvement will be added

Maetco
January 27th, 2021, 08:27
Hi all, i love the LoS, but as all players and masters know, sometime in many places that show stuff too much from characters, u think u will upgrade LoS maybe giving the possibility to set a "range" for tokens, and or, "cone" of view? i don't know if someone else ask that but i really appreciate if this improvement will be added

This thread is about community members adding LoS (lines) to existing maps and marketplace content. What functionalities (such as limiting the range of LoS) the software has will be decided by the devs. To my understanding improvements to the LoS are in the pipeline but exactly what kind or when they will be implemented are still a question mark. That being said, I'm sure we'll get some kind of range limitation system at some point.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2021, 09:47
Hi everyone!

I'm not quite sure how the LoS updating for the marketplace content works. Does the publisher have to commission such work or is it totally random based on what community members want to work on? In practice, I'm interested if things like

Out of the Box https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGNA5EOOTBE
Mini-Dungeon Tome https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=AAWFG5EMDT
Odyssey of the Dragonlords https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFG5EAWMUH051946

are going to get LoS?

As you can see from the first post it is voluntary. All modules which have been produced since LoS was available should have it built in as part of the development of the module. Otherwise it's dependant on the community. The Mini Dungeon Tome has actually been done, but it hasn't been updated in the store as yet I see. So I'll get that fixed.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2021, 09:50

Cheers, Sulimo, I'll get this updated when I've finished my current project.

Maetco
January 27th, 2021, 14:04
As you can see from the first post it is voluntary. All modules which have been produced since LoS was available should have it built in as part of the development of the module. Otherwise it's dependant on the community. The Mini Dungeon Tome has actually been done, but it hasn't been updated in the store as yet I see. So I'll get that fixed.

One down, two to go then. This alone made it worth to ask.

Is it ok to appeal to the good and helpful nature of FG community and ask someone to do the LoS for at least the Out of the Box. I think it is the best random encounter content I have ever seen and definitely deserves to be updated to the FGU era.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2021, 16:30
One down, two to go then. This alone made it worth to ask.

Is it ok to appeal to the good and helpful nature of FG community and ask someone to do the LoS for at least the Out of the Box. I think it is the best random encounter content I have ever seen and definitely deserves to be updated to the FGU era.

Why don't you have a go yourself.

LordEntrails
January 27th, 2021, 16:30
Absolutely. How about you give it a try? Instructions are in the first post. Try it with one or two of the maps following the videos from Mr Z and then post them here (instructions in first post) and ask for someone to review them. If they are all good, then you can finish up and do the rest. Or you can wait until someone else volunteers.

Jiminimonka
January 27th, 2021, 21:23
If I do LOS for some maps - where is the .xml contained for sharing here - looks like things have changed since I first did this back for Rick n Morty.

Sulimo
January 27th, 2021, 21:26
I found it in \campaigns\<campaign name>\moduledb\<modulename>.xml for mine.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2021, 21:28
Where the LoS data is will depend on what you are doing. If you open a purchased module in FGU and draw LoS on the maps contained therein then the xml file will be in the moduledb file inside the campaign folder (it will have the same name as the module). If you are drawing LoS on a map you have created in FGU or have imported into it then the xml will be in the db.xml file inside the campaign folder.

Jiminimonka
January 27th, 2021, 21:32
Where the LoS data is will depend on what you are doing. If you open a purchased module in FGU and draw LoS on the maps contained therein then the xml file will be in the moduledb file inside the campaign folder (it will have the same name as the module). If you are drawing LoS on a map you have created in FGU or have imported into it then the xml will be in the db.xml file inside the campaign folder.

Its for one of the official modules. Will check the moduledb folder. Thanks.

adminwheel3
January 29th, 2021, 18:42
Is there a place I can see some screenshots of all the LOS definition work folks are doing as references for my own maps? Samples of best practices or good representations of tricky layouts?

Sulimo
January 29th, 2021, 18:45
There is a developer guide (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/260440084/Developer+Guide+-+Extracting+LOS+Data+for+Modules) in the first post to this thread.

There are some videos that that should get you going. Another option is if you have purchased any modules that have LoS, you can look at those, just open one of the maps and click on the LoS icon to see how that map is done.

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2021, 20:50
Is there a place I can see some screenshots of all the LOS definition work folks are doing as references for my own maps? Samples of best practices or good representations of tricky layouts?

See videos 10-13 here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

GKEnialb
February 6th, 2021, 00:23
AAW B14: Battle for Bridgefort for 5E only

Sulimo
February 13th, 2021, 23:48
Finished up the other two RMC adventures.

A Wedding at Axebridge is a strange one, pretty much all of the maps are a single room. I did what I thought best.

Additionally, I would like to point out a slight issue with one of the Maps in A Wedding at Axebridge; Temple Room 4, the Pin for this map is actually out side of the map itself. It is easy to miss if the map only opens to the Room itself. I think I only noticed it because I was creating the LoS lines and had the map larger than the actual graphical image.

GKEnialb
February 14th, 2021, 02:46
Adventure a Week Games: Shattered Heart Adventure Path #3: Breath of the Goddess for 5E

Zacchaeus
February 14th, 2021, 09:45

Thanks Sulimo and sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. There's a couple of things

Map: 2nd Lvl I'd make the balcony a window occluder since that will stop movement but not sight. You've missed a bit of wall from the northern wall of the room second from the left.
Map: 5th Level You've missed a small bit of wall in the east side of the room on the bottom left.

On a general point about terrain occluders. In the Ground level and 1st level maps you've covered the entire area with a terrain occluder. However this means that as soon as a token enters this area they'll see the entirety of that area - which may not be the intended result. If you are looking at a pile of something then you should not be able to see behind that pile so the occluders should reflect that. You could have small occluders scattered around which interfere with LoS or you could have one bigger one in the middle or a combination of both. (see the image for one possible way too do it).
In this case I don't think it matters much since there's nothing in the text that says the pile is all that high; but something to tuck away for future refference.

Zacchaeus
February 14th, 2021, 10:10
Finished up the other two RMC adventures.

A Wedding at Axebridge is a strange one, pretty much all of the maps are a single room. I did what I thought best.

Additionally, I would like to point out a slight issue with one of the Maps in A Wedding at Axebridge; Temple Room 4, the Pin for this map is actually out side of the map itself. It is easy to miss if the map only opens to the Room itself. I think I only noticed it because I was creating the LoS lines and had the map larger than the actual graphical image.

In map 9-10 of Wedding there's a small bit of wall missing from the room at the bottom right. (And I see what you mean about the maps for this one - strange but I agree you've done what's best).
In the Inn_Main from Tale you've missed a section of wall from the northwest portion of the map.

Well done no all of these; just add all your amended files to a new post and I'll get them into the modules.

Zacchaeus
February 14th, 2021, 10:21
AAW B14: Battle for Bridgefort for 5E only

Adventure a Week Games: Shattered Heart Adventure Path #3: Breath of the Goddess for 5E

Cheers GK, occluders now added to both of these modules.

Sulimo
February 14th, 2021, 21:18
In map 9-10 of Wedding there's a small bit of wall missing from the room at the bottom right. (And I see what you mean about the maps for this one - strange but I agree you've done what's best).
In the Inn_Main from Tale you've missed a section of wall from the northwest portion of the map.

Well done no all of these; just add all your amended files to a new post and I'll get them into the modules.

Apologies with those two. Here are the updated files. Took me far too long to spot the one in Room 9-10.

spoonhead
February 21st, 2021, 06:05
I see that Mummy's Mask (PF1) has been completed for AP1&2. Is anyone continuing on the rest?

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2021, 09:44
Apologies with those two. Here are the updated files. Took me far too long to spot the one in Room 9-10.

Thanks Sulimo, I've added all of the files you submitted to the modules. Cheers.

Curuthanir
March 1st, 2021, 04:50
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 3 - The Rune Drive Gambit.

I used the windows occluders for the catwalks, so the that players might be able to see the catwalk above them, but couldn't move onto it. Otherwise, much easier than AP2 was.

Milmoor
March 7th, 2021, 16:44
The map-3-Players from the Dungeon Master Guide has two errors:
- in the room with the pit trap, a wall has not been marked as such.
- one room above that, a small piece of wall dividing the room is missing.
Optional:
- the pit trap could use the experimental pit functionality.
I repaired these in my own map, but with some additional editing for my own purposes. I'll gladly do it again to repair the main map, but maybe the original editor prefers to do it him/herself.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2021, 18:12
I added the LoS to that before pits were available. I'll take a note to fix the other bits. Also can you report such errors in the bugs thread rather than here please. Otherwise I'm likely to miss them.

brochr
March 7th, 2021, 20:29
I see that Mummy's Mask (PF1) has been completed for AP1&2. Is anyone continuing on the rest?

I’m doing them as we play the AP, and have just started on AP3

Milmoor
March 7th, 2021, 20:36
Ok, thought all LOS for maps were created and maintained here. Thanks for fixing.

ddavison
March 12th, 2021, 15:00
We are no longer accepting LOS data files using the old extract tool. All XML data files should be generated in version 4.1 of FGU and then posted to this new thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66991-FGU-Sharing-LOS-and-Light-Definitions-(v-4-1-and-up-only)

If you are in the middle of a project, those definitions should automatically update and work with version 4.1, but once you edit in v 4.1, it will no longer work in previous versions.

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2021, 18:22
Here is the LOS for Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne Part 3 - The Rune Drive Gambit.

I used the windows occluders for the catwalks, so the that players might be able to see the catwalk above them, but couldn't move onto it. Otherwise, much easier than AP2 was.

This one has now been updated. Thanks Curuthanir - and you have the distinction of submitting the final xml files for 4.0. :)