PDA

View Full Version : When its available (Lost Omens Players guide) what will it bring to FG?

Larsenex
August 19th, 2019, 17:00
Greetings FG team,

I know that Trenloe has stated a tentative release near the end of August but that may change as he is not available that week. My question is, > >What does the Lost Omens guide bring to Fantasy Grounds? This may be a mostly Paizo question but I was wondering what it would bring into FG mechanically.

Large maps? Basic NPCs?

I have the HK AP and subbed up over at Paizo for them. I am just curious if anyone has an idea of what it would do?

I am delaying my launch into full blown Dungeon mastering with it as I wanted to really read and understand the new game changes since playtest.

Happy Monday!

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 17:21
The Lost Omens World Guide is a mixture of information for the GM and for the players, it is not just a players guide - only 20 pages are directly relevant to PCs/chargen. It describes 10 different regions (see the various Paizo blogs on this over the last few weeks) and each of the countries within. There are no NPC records, but key public figures in each region are described.

Each of the 10 regions have 7 or 8 PC backgrounds and one archetype - with the archetype feats and any appropriate focus spells. Plus a spattering of other records throughout - items (magic and mundane), a weapon, feats and spells. These are all created in FG as drag/drop records - the same as the records in the Core Rules product.

The FG conversion will have a player module - which contains the big area map and backgrounds, archetype feats, spells and the weapon; in both reference manual format and drag/drop data. The GM orientated main guide will contain all of the guide data - in both reference manual format and drag/drop data, allowing the GM to share any additional information from the guide with the players as needed.

Larsenex
August 19th, 2019, 18:43
That was exactly what I was looking for on information. Thank you. >> sold!