PDA

View Full Version : Targeting reticle not visible

Shaemus999
August 19th, 2019, 04:29
We have started playing D&D 4e and no one can target, players or the DM. On the DM or the client the Targeting reticle that should be on the Modifier box is missing.

The DM is moving the players and NPCs to the combat tracker and then dragging the tokens onto the Map. The control-click on the target doesn't give an error message and there isn't a targeting reticle.

If I load up 4e on my FG, target works fine and the targeting reticle exists. We are using the same version of Fantasy Grounds.

Any ideas, would be appreciated. I have thought of suggesting he reloads FG. This is the first time he has ran, but his targeting works in 5e.

Thank you

damned
August 19th, 2019, 06:49
hey Shaemus999

any extensions in use?
you are clicking both the attacker and the target to pair them?
have a look at the modifier box bottom left hand corner of screen - is the little target symbol, top left hand corner, there or not?

Shaemus999
August 20th, 2019, 02:48
No extensions

Yes, we are targeting correctly. This is the first time some else is running. I have been running for the past several years

No, the targeting reticle is not on the corner of the modifier box.

damned
August 20th, 2019, 03:32
The targeting reticle should be there. Click to turn it back on. Un selecting this disabled done if the targeting features.

Shaemus999
August 20th, 2019, 03:37
I will have him double check, but he said there was no targeting reticle to enable on the Modifier Box. On mine, I can disable it or enable it. He is saying that it is not there at all.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 03:42
Ask them to load up FG with the same campaign, then take a screenshot of FG - the left side of the FG desktop that includes the chat window (showing the ruleset load details) and modifier box and dice. Then upload that screenshot here.

Shaemus999
August 20th, 2019, 04:33
Thank you both the response, I will email him.

Shaemus999
August 22nd, 2019, 17:53
Here are my screenshots. He is running the same version as me but in the first screen shot he does not see the targeting icons referenced by the red 1&2. Any ideas?

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2019, 19:16
Here are my screenshots. He is running the same version as me but in the first screen shot he does not see the targeting icons referenced by the red 1&2. Any ideas?

OK, so those icons aren't the targeting "reticle" we've been thinking of - we've been referring to the little target on the modifier box under the chat window.

The buttons you're referring to are used to select/unselect targeting, see the info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Toolbar

These buttons will only appear when there are tokens on the map - which, from your screenshot there obviously are. They also will not show up if the GM has the image locked.

I can't recreate the issue you're having - using the exact same ruleset versions, and no extensions.

I think it's best if you recreate the issue with your player and ask them to take a screenshot and then post that here.

Andraax
August 22nd, 2019, 20:07
This is the targeting reticle; you click to turn targeting on and off.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Reticle.png

Shaemus999
August 22nd, 2019, 23:57
FYI I was originally referring to the targeting icon on the modifier box. He originally said that it is not there

damned
August 23rd, 2019, 00:03
Thats your screenshot and shows correctly.
Does the players look the same? If not they need to click the circle to turn the targetting back on.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2019, 00:41
I think it would be best if the GM having the issue got involved with this discussion.

Shaemus999
August 23rd, 2019, 03:20
No need. He erased the rule set and re-downloaded it. We are good now. Thanks for your help