PDA

View Full Version : Share map - image in upper left portion of connected client

adonndel
August 19th, 2019, 00:55
Ok, the setup:
I have FGU installed on my main PC(Hosting) which is running 3840x2160. I do not have it maximized but I do have it covering the majority of the screen.
On a second computer(joined hosted game by my main computer) I have which runs at 1920x1440, again FGU fills most the screen but not maximized.

On my main computer, I open up Cragmaw Hideout map and fill an area that is prob bigger than 1920x1440. I then share.
On the second computer the map comes up but
1) It is larger than my FGU window
2) When I attempt to resize I can not move the upper left corner of the map to a visible area no matter how much I resize it. No matter what I do I can never get the upper left corner and the title bar to display, it is forever stuck above and to left of my FG screen.
3) I try to close the map and re-open to see if it will resize it for my screen size and it doesn't
4) I tried to maximize FGU and it still was out of sight and unable to get to the top or left side and unable to move it so they are.

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 23:23
Yeah, we ran into this during testing a little while back, and it just hasn't bubbled up to the top of the priority list for fixing. ([FGU-157] - Unable to move image window when title bar outside tabletop)

Basically, in FGU, there's no way to adjust the position of the overall image window by clicking on the image itself. I think we'll need to re-introduce a separate Selection mode from the default Play mode, so that it works similar to FGC by default. (i.e. when in default mode, dragging on map moves whole window.)

Thanks for the report,
JPG

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 17:44
I think we'll need to re-introduce a separate Selection mode from the default Play mode, so that it works similar to FGC by default. (i.e. when in default mode, dragging on map moves whole window.)
Yes please!