PDA

View Full Version : Character tokens 5e

hehaub
August 18th, 2019, 19:06
I created a new 5e game and imported the pregens, then I set some tokens for them after adding them to the CT. The tokens listed in the CT are not the same as displayed on the Character sheets
image attached

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2019, 21:28
Can you walk me through the exact steps you used to assign the tokens after you imported the pregens?

* Did you assign the tokens after you added the PCs to the CT?
* Did you assign the token by dragging from the Assets to the CT, or from the Assets to the PC, or something else?
* Anything else you can think of?

Thanks,
JPG

hehaub
August 18th, 2019, 21:49
Can you walk me through the exact steps you used to assign the tokens after you imported the pregens?

* Did you assign the tokens after you added the PCs to the CT?
* Did you assign the token by dragging from the Assets to the CT, or from the Assets to the PC, or something else?
* Anything else you can think of?

Thanks,
JPG

Yes, I put the characters into the CT, then I opened the character sheets and clicked on the token area of the sheet to open the tokens for selecting.
Oddly enough I added them to the party sheet after and they appear fine there

I attached a PDF to show steps.

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2019, 22:31
I can replicate this.

1) Open a campaign and then click on the PC button and import one of the characters from the Sample campaign
2) Add the character to the CT in the usual way.
3) (If there are already characters in the PC window or on the CT then the character will immediately gain a portrait of one of the characters already in use; it will also show this portrait as a token on the character sheet - but the portrait remains blank)
4) Click on the portrait area (not token) and allocate a portrait
5) The character sheet will take on the new portrait but this will not change the portrait shown on the CT
6) Dragging in the PC with the newly allocated portrait shows it correctly on the CT

I tested this out on the pregens from LMoP and did not see this behaviour. Pregens from LMoP displayed correct behaviour and adding a portrait to an LMoP pregen correctly added the portrait and token to the pregen and updated the CT correctly as well. It seems to be only the pregens from the 5e Sample campaign that have an issue.

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 22:13
Thanks for the sleuthing from both of you. Filed as task FGU-388 for me to investigate.

Regards,
JPG