PDA

View Full Version : Tricky custom ruleset problem w/ spell lists...

Zakarius
October 18th, 2006, 20:20
My campaign has two pantheons for the major races in the game. Each pantheon has a list of 8 deities which in turn each have a granted power and list of spells. In this way, the pantheons basically represent sets of domains.

The organization of the spells in FG seems quite complicated and what I'd like to accomplish is have better formatting of these individual deities' information. From the d20_reference file, the <windowclass name="domainspelllist"> includes 'description', 'grantedpower' and 'spellsmall' (the list of spells).

I have added a 'longdescription' field which holds 4-6 lines of text with background on the specific deity. My first problem is that I don't want this to resort to a scrollable field and don't want to have it default to 6 lines if some of them only have 4 lines. So is there any way to have the initial position of the subsequent controls ('grantedpower' and 'spellsmall') change according to the length/size of 'longdescription'?

My next problem is that I'd really prefer to have something in bold which says something next to each field's data. Like:

Description: <insert info from 'longdescription' here>

Granted Power: <'grantedpower' here>

Would you all suggest that I just write a new .xml with mostly formatted text instead of trying to fiddle with the <node> structure of the spells, or what?