PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Alien RPG ruleset

Pages : [1] 2

pr6i6e6st
August 17th, 2019, 06:22
NOTE: it is IMPORTANT when starting a campaign to set up the calendar BEFORE doing anything else, as functions are bound to the clock.

Hey, so I've been working on this ruleset for the Alien RPG (https://frialigan.se/en/games/alien/) which released December 10th 2019, published by Free League. I really wanted to be able to run it for my friends without having to do a bunch of workarounds with CoreRPG, so I decided to see what I could do to make things easier on them. Thus began the journey into code (different story, different time, different place. That's not why you're here!).

so I behold unto you, my Alien RPG ruleset! (work in progress). based from CoreRPG and the Mutant: Year Zero extension.

***NOTE****
dropping a second career into the career slot currently deletes both the old and the new one. once it's blank, place the desired career in again.
****Calendar MUST be set up to avoid errors and to have some of the automated functions*****
Character Sheet 1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518305&viewfull=1#post518305)
Character Sheet 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306)
Character Sheet Special Tab (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518307&viewfull=1#post518307)
Character Sheet Inventory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518308&viewfull=1#post518308)
Character Sheet Notes Tab (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518309&viewfull=1#post518309)

Clock Adjuster (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518317&viewfull=1#post518317)

NPCs and Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518323&viewfull=1#post518323)
Vehicles (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518327&viewfull=1#post518327)
Items (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)

Starsystems/Planets/Colonies (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518329&viewfull=1#post518329)

Changelog (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518330&viewfull=1#post518330)

zombielord has made an amazing star themed extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=503288&viewfull=1#post503288) if you want a different feel as well.
NOTE: it is IMPORTANT when starting a campaign to set up the calendar BEFORE doing anything else, as functions are bound to the clock

damned
August 17th, 2019, 07:54
You should change this into a Ruleset - minimal changes to the code - but it is far more than an extension!

Pepor
August 17th, 2019, 08:29
What a nice work you have made there pr6i6e6st! Thanks for sharing it.

pr6i6e6st
August 17th, 2019, 15:16
What a nice work you have made there pr6i6e6st! Thanks for sharing it.

Hey no problem and thank you!

You should change this into a Ruleset - minimal changes to the code - but it is far more than an extension!

True. It had started off as just the dice, and kept evolving as I thought ”well, what if i?”. I will have to do that at some point, (could probably copy most the files into my first attempt at ripping apart a ruleset for this)

JubiladosdeArkham
August 19th, 2019, 00:06
Brilliant, pr6i6e6st, absolutely brilliant.

I've been testing it in a real game and here are some issues I've found.
1. If players close their character sheet the DM has to clean the owner and players must take the character again or they cannot reopen it.
2. If DM wants to share some pictures just with one player dropping it to the character avatar on the upper left corner. Impossible, it doesn't work. In fact, the character avatars don't work at all (this is related with #1), you can't share on it, or whisper just dropping the text or even open the character sheet with a simple clic.
3. I've added a dice tower (a very cool one indeed) but seems not to work. You can drop the dice and the chat shows the time but nothing else happens.
4. gameelements.xml doesn't appears to work. All dice still on screen. Don't know why.

Cool things about the extension
1. I love it.
2. Nice work, man!
3. The clock is awesome, a clever idea that simplifies a lot the DM work.
4. The second Main is good, I use it to translate the character sheet for my spanish players and it helps. If the don't know a word they can just check it out there.
5. How about the effects of the panic roll been displayed in the chat window when a character rolls? Just an idea not to be opening different windows during the die roll just to check the result.

I've done the Critical Injuries Table for PCs, in case you want it just say it, I'd be glad to share it. You just roll and you get the effect and the recovery time at the same time.

JimSocks
August 19th, 2019, 01:09
2. If DM wants to share some pictures just with one player dropping it to the character avatar on the upper left corner. Impossible, it doesn't work. In fact, the character avatars don't work at all (this is related with #1), you can't share on it, or whisper just dropping the text or even open the character sheet with a simple clic.

This seemed to work fine for us- but we were using the version before the clock was added so maybe it broke in the recent update? BTW, that dice tower made me laugh- its super cool lol

This is my new favorite tabletop game to run, and this extension is just plain amazing so far. keep it up pr6i6e6st!

pr6i6e6st
August 19th, 2019, 01:51
Brilliant, pr6i6e6st, absolutely brilliant.

I've been testing it in a real game and here are some issues I've found.
1. If players close their character sheet the DM has to clean the owner and players must take the character again or they cannot reopen it.

thank you, i will have to check on the others, but i understand that the clock over the chat is somehow blocking the character portraits somehow (probably it's bounds?) the clock is moveable if you right-click it and unlock it. move it wherever you like for now until i can get that fixed up better.

Edit: it was indeed the bounds.

How does your dicetower work with other customdie? Could the problem stem there? Because I can make my rolls invisible as a gm, but I can’t seem to get the dice tower to come up on either my old extension or the new ruleset either.

I have the tables imported to a module if that’s what you mean, otherwise i need to figure out how to get the critical injuries and panic rolls to function.

I very much appreciate everyone’s time, help, and consideration.

JubiladosdeArkham
August 19th, 2019, 08:57
I also have the tables imported. Can't help you making them function, sorry.
Did you do the Critical Injuries Table as a d66 or just as a d36? Both work the same but the chances of any result are completely different.

Pepor and I worked on an MoreCore extension where the dice tower seems to work fine. Our extension is attached in case you want to check the tower, and add it to your extension.

pr6i6e6st
August 20th, 2019, 03:58
I also have the tables imported. Can't help you making them function, sorry.
Did you do the Critical Injuries Table as a d66 or just as a d36? Both work the same but the chances of any result are completely different.

Pepor and I worked on an MoreCore extension where the dice tower seems to work fine. Our extension is attached in case you want to check the tower, and add it to your extension.

I actually haven't made the d66 yet, I might have broken the one from the mutant:year zero extension I used as a base. I'll have to see if I can recover that now that I have a slightly better idea what I'm doing.

For the panic table insert, If I can find where the code I need is from in the d&d 5e ruleset, perhaps I can do it that way, where the table can be edited like a normal table. So far no luck, that pak is THIC lol. Although I have yet to try making the description ”[PANIC TABLE]”.

A less attractive approach I'm considering is just creating a new die type and modding the results to have the (un)desired effects. This doesn't allow for user editing though unless I rig up a window and some strings. Perhaps making a module with the tables, then going into the DB code and copying that somewhere?

JubiladosdeArkham
August 20th, 2019, 23:05
This are the panic roll and the attacks and critical injuries tables I've created. Some tables are in Spanish but maybe you can take advantage of it.

pr6i6e6st
August 20th, 2019, 23:16
This are the panic roll and the attacks and critical injuries tables I've created. Some tables are in Spanish but maybe you can take advantage of it.

I already have all the stuff they've released so far, and uploaded it, so I'm good on that module, thank you though.

I haven't uploaded the changes yet, I want to see what else I can fit in tonight, but I figured out why gameelememts wasn't working, deleted all the unnecessary dice, moved the d6, added a d60 and d600. Since a d66 and d666 are out of my current understanding, these will have to do.

The dice tower likely doesn't work for one of two possibilities: 1) the same reason the description doesn't work dragging the dice, or 2) the script isn’t rigged to use the custom result wedge. I'll see if I can't fix that up.

pr6i6e6st
August 20th, 2019, 23:22

How might one code the stress die to roll on a ”panic” table if a fail results, and then on the ”permanent mental trauma” table?

A similar effect is that seen on 5e with critical hits/fails, or on the system shock effect. I'm having trouble locating that particular effect, and imagine it's much more complex looking than I need it to be.

HighInquisitorTremayne
August 21st, 2019, 22:20
I'm not sure if there is an issue somewhere else or just with this, but I am unable to resize the character sheet. I can resize the CS in my D&D game, so, just FYI.

pr6i6e6st
August 21st, 2019, 22:50
I'm not sure if there is an issue somewhere else or just with this, but I am unable to resize the character sheet. I can resize the CS in my D&D game, so, just FYI.

Not all rulesets allow resizing the character sheet for various reasons. Mine is that the way I set it up, if you resize, it will distort the sheet in odd ways. I might try to fix that later on.

JimSocks
August 25th, 2019, 19:07
Where is the newest version? I can't get the ".pak" file to work even if i change the extension to ".ext"

pr6i6e6st
August 25th, 2019, 20:07
Where is the newest version? I can't get the ".pak" file to work even if i change the extension to ".ext"

It’s a ruleset now, so the pak file goes in the ruleset folder.

If you are continuing from a game using CoreRPG and the old alienrpg extension, you can export anything you’ve made in fantasy grounds as a module, open that module with an archive program like winrar, winzip, 7zip, and edit the db file so that the ruleset is “AlienRPG” instead of “CoreRPG”.

JimSocks
August 26th, 2019, 01:23
Awesome! I tried the module thing, but no db file was in there- and even stranger, when I load the ruleset, no modules appear that normally do. Actually- now that I think of it that's probably related to the advice you mentioned for editing the db file... Yep that's the issue I bet...

but... no db file in sight when I unzip the mod file...

pr6i6e6st
August 26th, 2019, 01:48
Awesome! I tried the module thing, but no db file was in there- and even stranger, when I load the ruleset, no modules appear that normally do. Actually- now that I think of it that's probably related to the advice you mentioned for editing the db file... Yep that's the issue I bet...

but... no db file in sight when I unzip the mod file...

sorry, it's the Definition.xml file. i wasn't home to look and took a guess.

edit: and yeah most extensions aren't going to work unless you can change the definition.xml file. as long as the extension doesn't do anything to the character sheets, the npc sheets or the vehicle sheets, it should work? no guarantee though.
edit: in that picture, i have both rulesets, don't do that. just the AlienRPG one

JimSocks
August 27th, 2019, 03:36
Hooray I got it figured out! Thanks!!!!

Now for questions for pr6i6e6st:

The Timer: How can I change the current time? I can't seem to type in the fields...
The Timer: How can I change the unit of time change to turns or shifts? Clicking those don't seem to change the time increments when clicked...

pr6i6e6st
August 27th, 2019, 03:39
Hooray I got it figured out! Thanks!!!!

Now for questions for pr6i6e6st:

The Timer: How can I change the current time? I can't seem to type in the fields...
The Timer: How can I change the unit of time change to turns or shifts? Clicking those don't seem to change the time increments when clicked...
Awesome!

The timer works like it does in the calendar, ctrl + mouse wheel to adjust.

There is not currently a way to adjust the shift or turn, but maybe that’s something I can work on tomorrow.

Edit: I got it working with a button cycler. Pretty neat. Going to see if I can’t at least rig up the pc health to the combat tracker before I upload it tonight.

Draconism
August 29th, 2019, 09:14
Awesome work you're doing here, man! Thanks for all of your effort! I really loved the character sheet design!

JubiladosdeArkham
August 30th, 2019, 22:22
Awesome work pr6i6e6st XD

I'm looking how everything works and I can't figure out how to make the panic button works. I've tried to add a table call Panic Roll but I don't know exactly how to link it to the button. I asume is the same for the critical injuries table.

I also notice that the Vehicles button on the frame has no box.

pr6i6e6st
August 30th, 2019, 22:27
Awesome work pr6i6e6st XD

I'm looking how everything works and I can't figure out how to make the panic button works. I've tried to add a table call Panic Roll but I don't know exactly how to link it to the button. I asume is the same for the critical injuries table.

I also notice that the Vehicles button on the frame has no box.

Yeah the tables should be labeled with all caps I think, “PANIC ROLL”, “CRITICAL INJURIES”, “CRITICAL INJURIES ON [text in npc’s critical injury field]” and “[text in npcs attack field] ATTACKS”.

And yeah there was no vehicle button graphic aside from the core rpg one, I’ll eventually do those up with different graphics after I build up some more record types like that, talents for example.

Thanks for providing me feedback! Much appreciated!

JubiladosdeArkham
August 30th, 2019, 23:38
I've added the box to the vehicles button in the .pak, looks better.
Images & Maps button text is a bit long for the box, have you tried Images/Maps?

I made the attacks and the critical injuries tables to work but not the panic roll table. I tried to guess why and the I discovered than the table was empty! Don't know why. Have to make it again.

Thank you for the work, it's fantastic.

pr6i6e6st
August 31st, 2019, 00:15
I've added the box to the vehicles button in the .pak, looks better.
Images & Maps button text is a bit long for the box, have you tried Images/Maps?

I made the attacks and the critical injuries tables to work but not the panic roll table. I tried to guess why and the I discovered than the table was empty! Don't know why. Have to make it again.

Thank you for the work, it's fantastic.

Ok so you got your table buttons on the character and npc sheets set up? Cool if so.

I planned to use xeno eggs for the sidebar buttons but I may go more Weyland-yutani themed with it and save the egg buttons for something else like your dice tower if I can ever get the base and stress dice to work in it.

Voxpopuli
August 31st, 2019, 20:00
Awesome work. Thank you! I have started the cinematic scenario live with people this August and we couldn't finish. I will now be able to continue online because of your great work on the rule set. Thanks again!

pr6i6e6st
August 31st, 2019, 20:22
Awesome work. Thank you! I have started the cinematic scenario live with people this August and we couldn't finish. I will now be able to continue online because of your great work on the rule set. Thanks again!

Hey no problem! That’s awesome that this will make continuing play easier for you.

Just while I’m responding, I have figured out how to get stress to reduce by 1 automatically when the clock is raised by 5 minutes. I just want to rig it to a switch of sorts so that the GM can disable it, or an effect like starving, dehydrated, freezing, exhausted or radiation disables it, before I push it out. It seems like it could be annoying if I don’t do something like that first

JimSocks
August 31st, 2019, 21:08
Hi guys! Gave the new ruleset version a test drive last night for our last session of the CotG scenario. I liked the timer function- but yeah the ability to switch increments (turns/shifts) would be handy. I got the panic button to work no problem using the table.

For initiative, previously I was having my players roll a D10 which is now absent- but the D10 was a flawed system anyway because it isn't like a deck of cards where you cant draw the same number twice. Routinely my players would roll the same numbers and I would have to have them re-roll. Is there a better solution you guys use for this? This last session I had them roll D66 instead, but if there is a more elegant solution in the future I'd love to know about it.

We LOVED how the player sheet automatically rolled all base and stress dice- that's AMAZING. The panic button is also super useful and cool.

Last item for feedback on the new ruleset version: Though the chatbox text color and font fit the theme well- all my players found it difficult to read due to both the transparent nature of the chat panel and the dark green color of the text. If I were going to change it, I might just make the chat panel 100% black, and mirror the font/color of the text that appears on the MUTHUR computer terminals in the film.

pr6i6e6st
August 31st, 2019, 21:38
Hi guys! Gave the new ruleset version a test drive last night for our last session of the CotG scenario. I liked the timer function- but yeah the ability to switch increments (turns/shifts) would be handy. I got the panic button to work no problem using the table.

For initiative, previously I was having my players roll a D10 which is now absent- but the D10 was a flawed system anyway because it isn't like a deck of cards where you cant draw the same number twice. Routinely my players would roll the same numbers and I would have to have them re-roll. Is there a better solution you guys use for this? This last session I had them roll D66 instead, but if there is a more elegant solution in the future I'd love to know about it.

We LOVED how the player sheet automatically rolled all base and stress dice- that's AMAZING. The panic button is also super useful and cool.

Last item for feedback on the new ruleset version: Though the chatbox text color and font fit the theme well- all my players found it difficult to read due to both the transparent nature of the chat panel and the dark green color of the text. If I were going to change it, I might just make the chat panel 100% black, and mirror the font/color of the text that appears on the MUTHUR computer terminals in the film.
The chat now has a “Shift/turn” toggle, for 5 minutes or 5 hours, so I got you covered on that first part.

For initiative, I took Trenloe’s basic card extension and changed the definition.xml to accept the AlienRPG instead of CoreRPG. Maybe I’ll make the conversion tonight so no one has to go through the process.

And I’ve been thinking that about the chat, and might do just what you said.

edit: went ahead and made the changes

JubiladosdeArkham
September 1st, 2019, 00:06
Maybe this'll help for the Initiative. Again, it's Pepor's work, not mine.

I agree with JimSocks about the chat colors. Besides that, everything works great.

EDIT: Forget to mention you must load the Basic Card Deck Tables Extension to make the Initiative Card Deck mod work properly, otherwise the same card can be drawn more than once and you cannot reset all cards after combat.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 1st, 2019, 23:33
Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've been testing attacking with weapons and if I double clic the gun bonus it only throws one die.

Suggestions:
#1 When double clicking the bonus it will throw all the agility+range combat+stress+bonus dice.
#2 Adding +1, +2, -1 and -2 boxes (similar to CoC7 ruleset) in case you want to add or take dice easily to the throw (you know, environment, tools, etc.).

I think adding those two things the ruleset will be much better. Of course it's only a suggestion, I know nothing about programming and don't know how hard can that be.

pr6i6e6st
September 1st, 2019, 23:43
Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've been testing attacking with weapons and if I double clic the gun bonus it only throws one die.

Suggestions:
#1 When double clicking the bonus it will throw all the agility+range combat+stress+bonus dice.
#2 Adding +1, +2, -1 and -2 boxes (similar to CoC7 ruleset) in case you want to add or take dice easily to the throw (you know, environment, tools, etc.).

I think adding those two things the ruleset will be much better. Of course it's only a suggestion, I know nothing about programming and don't know how hard can that be.

Yes, eventually I want to rig the weapon bonus and damage stuff up to be more proper, for now, the dice pool is an alternative.

Also, the modification box below the chat works with skill and attribute rolls, and will accept negative numbers (will roll at minimum 1) so that should work for now. I do want to try and add lots more things to reduce the work on the GM side, I just have to learn more of what I’m doing. I’m slowly getting there, next to learn is handlers and sources, which is needed for a lot of the automation from other tabs of the character sheet.

We’ll get there ;)

JimSocks
September 2nd, 2019, 00:59
So I just tested the new timer- it works great! I'll take a peek in the code and see where I might be able to change the shift length to 8 hours, as that's what we've been using so there's essentially four shifts in the day. That's such a minor thing that it's hardly even worth mentioning, and I can always just ctrl-scroll the hours also. I am sort of interested in taking a peek under the hood anyway though, so this is as good excuse as any! :)

I also tested out the new chat panel colors, and I have some more feedback. Check out the picture that's attached to this post first.

The new pitch black non-transparent background is great! However, the chat bubbles are bright white now, and that makes the green text that otherwise would read easily, hard to read again. The emotes are super easy to read, the OOC messages are VERY hard to see, system text reads like a dream, story text bubbles are a bit hard on the eyes because they still seem to have the "parchment" background to them along with the green text, whispers read ok (because they are white background with black text- so it reads easy but loses the cool "Alien" flare)

pr6i6e6st
September 2nd, 2019, 01:32
So I just tested the new timer- it works great! I'll take a peek in the code and see where I might be able to change the shift length to 8 hours, as that's what we've been using so there's essentially four shifts in the day. That's such a minor thing that it's hardly even worth mentioning, and I can always just ctrl-scroll the hours also. I am sort of interested in taking a peek under the hood anyway though, so this is as good excuse as any! :)

I also tested out the new chat panel colors, and I have some more feedback. Check out the picture that's attached to this post first.

The new pitch black non-transparent background is great! However, the chat bubbles are bright white now, and that makes the green text that otherwise would read easily, hard to read again. The emotes are super easy to read, the OOC messages are VERY hard to see, system text reads like a dream, story text bubbles are a bit hard on the eyes because they still seem to have the "parchment" background to them along with the green text, whispers read ok (because they are white background with black text- so it reads easy but loses the cool "Alien" flare)

i can see what you mean. i'll try making a new story background graphic and chat text background graphic and changing the suggested font colours.

if you want to change that part of the code, with the shift/turn, yourself, go to desktop/desktop_pannels.xml and look for "chattime" and the button itself i think is still called "add_five_minutes".

thanks again!

Made the changes. Unfortunately I still can’t figure out how to refer to another tab of the charactersheet, so I can’t yet fix up weapons as pendragon suggested.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 2nd, 2019, 22:41
Bad news pr6i6e6st,

Don't know why but in the new version of the ruleset Panic Roll doesn't work properly. Instead of throwing 1 die and adding the stress level it throws as many dice as the stress level. This results in very high rolls even with a few dice.

Oh, and I understand the color changes on the chat but dice results over white were more eye friendly, easier to see I think.

pr6i6e6st
September 2nd, 2019, 22:49
Bad news pr6i6e6st,

Don't know why but in the new version of the ruleset Panic Roll doesn't work properly. Instead of throwing 1 die and adding the stress level it throws as many dice as the stress level. This results in very high rolls even with a few dice.

Oh, and I understand the color changes on the chat but dice results over white were more eye friendly, easier to see I think.
That’s how panic works. You roll the number of stress dice you have against the table. Thus why 1-6 is “keeping it together” and the max number on the table is 15.

And I really didn’t like the white, it felt like a thorn. I’ll play around with something else for the die results

JubiladosdeArkham
September 2nd, 2019, 23:07
That’s how panic works. You roll the number of stress dice you have against the table. Thus why 1-6 is “keeping it together” and the max number on the table is 15.

Exactly, that is why you must only roll 1 die. If you roll 2 dice you can roll a 2 or a 12, with 3 dice you can go off the table, and so on.
On page 68 says about Panic Rolls "RESOLUTION: Roll a D6, add your current STRESS LEVEL, and check the table to the right."

pr6i6e6st
September 2nd, 2019, 23:20
Exactly, that is why you only must roll 1 die.
On page 68 says about Panic Rolls "RESOLUTION: Roll a D6, add your current STRESS LEVEL, and check the table to the right."

Shite! You’re right! I’ll try to see if I can fix that tonight if not tomorrow.

Edit: looks like I fixed it

JubiladosdeArkham
September 3rd, 2019, 05:59
You're great, man! No it works perfectly XD

JubiladosdeArkham
September 3rd, 2019, 23:50
I've been running the game today and we discovered that when the players write on the chat the text is black over a black box O_o
Maybe lighter color for the text...? XD

Suggestion: when time passes stress is reduced automatically but sometimes time passes and the characters have no time to rest or just to calm down. Would it be possible to activate and deactivate that with a simple clic at GM's discretion?

pr6i6e6st
September 3rd, 2019, 23:53
I've been running the game today and we discovered that when the players write on the chat the text is black over a black box O_o
Maybe lighter color for the text...? XD

Suggestion: when time passes stress is reduced automatically but sometimes time passes and the characters have no time to rest or just to calm down. Would it be possible to activate and deactivate that with a simple clic at GM's discretion?

Which part is black? Can you show me a picture?

And I have that new switch to turn off automatic stress reduction, I JUST rigged it to the combat tracker for easier access by the gm. I’ll see what else I can do then upload tonight

edit: nevermind i found and corrected it. let me know what you think.

also, COMBAT TRACKER FUNCTIONALITY! WOOT! the stress reduction over time button works, critical injuries works, adjusting health works!

JubiladosdeArkham
September 4th, 2019, 17:04
Much, much better that color.

I was guessing what that stressed button would do, now I know XD.

Tonight I'll check on the combat Tracker, the critical injuries and health.

pr6i6e6st
September 4th, 2019, 17:07
Much, much better that color.

I was guessing what that stressed button would do, now I know XD.

Tonight I'll check on the combat Tracker, the critical injuries and health.

i just noticed that somewhere along the line, i broke the ability to change health for PCs from the combat tracker. probably when i added in an onValueChanged() event, which is overriding something somewhere.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 4th, 2019, 17:12
Can't help, not a programmer, I'm a teacher :')

pr6i6e6st
September 4th, 2019, 17:54
Can't help, not a programmer, I'm a teacher :')

it's ok, i fixed it. it was exactly what i thought. some code was overwriting other code. it looked a bit redundant anyway, so i changed it. should work great now.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 4th, 2019, 21:54
A new idea has come to my mind. I don't know if it is possible and how hard it is to do it.

What if the Combat Tracker has an Initiative button and clicking on it automatically draw the initiative cards and put the characters in the combat tracker in order. The code needs to read the PC and NPC speed, you know why.

pr6i6e6st
September 5th, 2019, 04:26
A new idea has come to my mind. I don't know if it is possible and how hard it is to do it.

What if the Combat Tracker has an Initiative button and clicking on it automatically draw the initiative cards and put the characters in the combat tracker in order. The code needs to read the PC and NPC speed, you know why.

i have no idea if that's going to be possible using the table, but who knows? because i just figured out how to get the weapons to roll the right amount of dice from it's bonus field!! YEAH BOII!

Edit: noticed and patched up a few mistakes, hopefully before anyone got the broken versions.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 5th, 2019, 20:40
Whoah! How many changes in this version. Nice job!
As always, here's my feedback.

I like the computer style of the text but at the same time it's a bit tiring to read all the time in capital letters.
The background of the tables makes them a bit difficult to read but as the results are displayed on the chat so it's a minor issue.

In general terms the graphic changes are cool but at the same time makes things a bit harder to be read.

pr6i6e6st
September 5th, 2019, 23:13
Whoah! How many changes in this version. Nice job!
As always, here's my feedback.

I like the computer style of the text but at the same time it's a bit tiring to read all the time in capital letters.
The background of the tables makes them a bit difficult to read but as the results are displayed on the chat so it's a minor issue.

In general terms the graphic changes are cool but at the same time makes things a bit harder to be read.

I thought that myself. It was the only font I currently had with that computerisric look that had italics, bold, and bold italics so I used it for now. I’m going to see if I can’t find something better

JubiladosdeArkham
September 6th, 2019, 06:23
I think this is the effect you need https://www.alex4d.com/blogging/interface2037_source.gif

This font type is pretty similar to the original MU/TH/UR font https://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Berthold-City-Light-Regular. If you search through the site you'll find italics, etc.

pr6i6e6st
September 8th, 2019, 03:06
I think this is the effect you need https://www.alex4d.com/blogging/interface2037_source.gif

This font type is pretty similar to the original MU/TH/UR font https://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Berthold-City-Light-Regular. If you search through the site you'll find italics, etc.

Ok I got those loaded in. Gm still has the old look.

Ive gotten the conditions to prevent stress loss. Ive got radiation set up with a permanent point slot, rolls damage upon gaining radiation and rolls a check when healing to see if the healed point is permanent. Gm has to manually adjust the permanent radiation points. You can roll radiation damage straight from the current number field if something happens.

Made the roll descriptions more consistent.

Still can’t figure out how I’m going to rig up initiative.

Need to rig up weapons and find out how to make it so they don’t always go in the inventory as unidentified.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 9th, 2019, 11:38
Some minor issues.
1. When I check the Stressed Button a failure message appears if the Stress Level is at 0, and once again when I uncheck it. This only happens the first time, after that it works fine.
2. If I try to load a custom decal extension a message saying "Impossible to load base.xml" appears. If I deselect the extension and load the ruleset again then it works. After that I can load the custom decal extension and the ruleset works fine.

I've seen the ruleset with a simple black theme and the Weyland decal and it's not so cool as your theme but it's a bit less stressful for the eyes.

pr6i6e6st
September 9th, 2019, 14:39
Some minor issues.
1. When I check the Stressed Button a failure message appears if the Stress Level is at 0, and once again when I uncheck it. This only happens the first time, after that it works fine.
2. If I try to load a custom decal extension a message saying "Impossible to load base.xml" appears. If I deselect the extension and load the ruleset again then it works. After that I can load the custom decal extension and the ruleset works fine.

I've seen the ruleset with a simple black theme and the Weyland decal and it's not so cool as your theme but it's a bit less stressful for the eyes.

The extension for the decal probably doesn’t work because I think it has the curse of strand extension in there. If you want for now, you could unpack the pak file, go to AlienRPG/graphics/decal and put your new decal in with the same name as the one you want to replace.

Not sure what’s with the stressed button, maybe just an onInot() somewhere not toggling.

I might not be getting the same visual sensation as you where I’m a little colour blind, so I’m Not sure what is strenuous. Sorry.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 11th, 2019, 08:18
During yesterday session we noticed that when you drag an item from the party sheet to the character sheet the purple color message in the chat is almost imposible to read. I don't know if it's just the color or the font too :S

pr6i6e6st
September 12th, 2019, 05:21
During yesterday session we noticed that when you drag an item from the party sheet to the character sheet the purple color message in the chat is almost imposible to read. I don't know if it's just the color or the font too :S

found it and fixed it for you, as well as a couple issues i found with the combat tracker and health. the code looks a bit wonky, and i had to do some workarounds to get it to function the way i needed, so let me know if you find anything acting off in there. i was originally having an issue where dropping a new character into the combat tracker would make them have 0 health and the max for that being 0, also the "broken" announcement was happening too often, and the color change for health wasn't working the way i wanted.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 13th, 2019, 12:37
Great job setting up the initiative in the combat tracker! And also for fixing the chat color. But I have bad news for you, as always I am here to drive you mad XD Sorry

- If I remember right initiative round goes from 1 to 10 and not from 10 to 1.
- Have you thought how to set up the speed of the creatures in the CT. For the moment I add to creatures (for spped 2) and treat them as one,

pr6i6e6st
September 13th, 2019, 13:20
Great job setting up the initiative in the combat tracker! And also for fixing the chat color. But I have bad news for you, as always I am here to drive you mad XD Sorry

- Have you thought how to set up the speed of the creatures in the CT. For the moment I add to creatures (for spped 2) and treat them as one,

Yeah, the applysort is another beast to consider. For now, 1-10 is the same as 10-1.

I’m under the belief that adding two to the combat tracker is the only other way to do it, as even d&D5e ruleset doesn’t have anything for legendary actions and stuff.

Valyar
September 13th, 2019, 14:34
The font is hard to read, if something more easy on the eyes can be used - great.

pr6i6e6st
September 13th, 2019, 14:44
The font is hard to read, if something more easy on the eyes can be used - great.

Which font? What is your UI scale?

pr6i6e6st
September 14th, 2019, 07:24

got the order fixed up! and i have a workaround for creatures with a speed higher than 1. use a PC sheet and put them in the combat tracker twice. at least just to keep track of health and initiative. you can drop more than one copy of a PC into the combat tracker and each iteration can use a different initiative order, but everything else on it is linked up. Thats the best i can do for now. Just about anything else is really going to screw up the NPC sheets and stuff.

so i would just make a pc sheet with the important stats like my NPC, drop that in the combat tracker twice, use the combat tracker as I normally would, and use the NPC sheet for the attacks and critical injuries.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 18th, 2019, 08:59
I have no words to tell you the amazing job you are doing with this ruleset. Alien RPG is becoming one of my favorite RPGs.

Thanks man! Thanks a lot for all the effort and the time.

pr6i6e6st
September 18th, 2019, 21:37
I have no words to tell you the amazing job you are doing with this ruleset. Alien RPG is becoming one of my favorite RPGs.

Thanks man! Thanks a lot for all the effort and the time.

Thank you! I wish I had more time myself to play, we’ve had two sessions in the past two or three months barely getting through the first act. Hopefully we can get further today. I’m greatly excited for the full book.

I wouldn’t say they’re my heroes, but the xenomorphs are on that level of obsession/admiration for me. “The perfect organism”.

The rules for this game seem easy to grasp and hopefully I can build this rulset to accommodate the most disorganized of GM’s such as myself.

I added the weapons section to the main page, still contains all your gear but it's nice to have there. Fixed how you can scroll the character sheet when it's been scaled down vertically.

pr6i6e6st
September 28th, 2019, 22:04
I just made it so, if you would like, you can translate the labels and tool tips I’ve added. This obviously doesn’t include any that are part of the graphics nor does it effect the chat, but I’ll work on that sometime.

It’s all located in one file for you which I’ve alao included in the downloads so you can have a copy. I suggest keeping an extra copy somewhere so if I add more or something, you can just do some copy and pasting to fix it.

JubiladosdeArkham
September 28th, 2019, 22:10
That's amazing, pr6i6e6st!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Last Tuesday I had a session and everything in the ruleset worked great. Tomorrow I have what I hope would be the last session of The Chariot of the Gods XD

pr6i6e6st
September 28th, 2019, 22:12
Thank you very much!!!

Last Tuesday I had a session and everything in the ruleset worked great. Tomorrow I have what I hope would be the last session of The Chariot of the Gods XD
yeah, so much for "finishable in 5 hours" eh? we're on our 4th session next week i think. hopefully the end. and that's awesome that everything is working better. hopefully i didnt screw anything up this time lol

pr6i6e6st
September 28th, 2019, 22:20
Thank you very much!!!

woops. i did make a couple mistakes, found and fixed them. sorry, got excited i guess haha

JubiladosdeArkham
September 30th, 2019, 15:04
Two things I noticed in yesterday session:

- In the NPC sheet "space" it's repeated several times but "speed" has disappeared. It took me a while to find where the speed was in previos versions.
- The Combat Tracker goes from 1 to 10 but the turn order goes from 10 to 1 making it confusing as it moves from bottom to top. If it's not possible to make it go from 1 to 10 maybe it is better to let it as it was in first place (order from 10 to 1 and turn order moving down).

One more thing. Why don't you add this to lines under line 88 in the graphics_icons.xml file? All the sidebar buttons will look the same

<icon name="button_vehicles" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png" />
<icon name="button_vehicles_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />

pr6i6e6st
September 30th, 2019, 15:33

- In the NPC sheet "space" it's repeated several times but "speed" has disappeared. It took me a while to find where the speed was in previos versions.
- The Combat Tracker goes from 1 to 10 but the turn order goes from 10 to 1 making it confusing as it moves from bottom to top. If it's not possible to make it go from 1 to 10 maybe it is better to let it as it was in first place (order from 10 to 1 and turn order moving down).

One more thing. Why don't you add this to lines under line 88 in the graphics_icons.xml file? All the sidebar buttons will look the same

<icon name="button_vehicles_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />

i just checked and yeah the combat tracker is screwed up again for some reason. it WAS working the right way, but then there was an update last week so maybe that screwed something up on my end. i'll have to try and fix that again real soon.. i just fixed the other stuff but i wont upload yet, i want to fix that combat tracker, but i've gotta go to work first

pr6i6e6st
October 1st, 2019, 01:43

ok, i HOPE and think i got all of that fixed now. please let me know.

pr6i6e6st
October 2nd, 2019, 02:30
snip

noticed that the combat tracker wasn't functioning properly when "skip hidden actor" was turned on in the options. this has been fixed. sorry 'bout that!

Voxpopuli
October 6th, 2019, 17:42
Thanks for your amazing work!

Kosh Kaltu
October 7th, 2019, 15:16
Sweet work! I've been lurking for a while. Just want you to know one more person is extremely excited about this project. :-)

pr6i6e6st
October 7th, 2019, 20:11
Thanks for your amazing work!

Sweet work! I've been lurking for a while. Just want you to know one more person is extremely excited about this project. :-)

Thanks guys! I’m going to slow down on updates unless anyone finds any big bugs. I’m waiting to find out more about character creation and stuff so I know if I need to do anything special for careers and such. Like am I going to need something like d&d classes or call of Cthulhu occupations? Does personality effect anything? As well as how experience and anything else works.

Some things I know I need to do is add a space for money, change some graphics so the labels are part of the code and not part of the graphics (for easy translating), as well as make notification messages strings that can be translated easily, add some quick modifier buttons like in call of Cthulhu, and probably dump the old CoreRPG main page at some point.

JubiladosdeArkham
October 8th, 2019, 23:17
Last session of Chariot of the Gods played and all I have to say is that the ruleset works amazingly good. No errors found this time. Great job pr6i6e6st!!!

One of the players suggests the possibility for the DM to select if NPCs rolls display the name of the NPC in the chat window. I agree. If players know their been attacked but they don't know if it's by a neomorph, a xenomorph or whatever... you know what I mean.

pr6i6e6st
October 8th, 2019, 23:31
Thank you! I’ve had it set so gm rolls are hidden and that those table rolls are hidden (you can change the visibility on the table). Not sure about the health messages though, if they’re secret or not.

pr6i6e6st
October 9th, 2019, 19:48
Last session of Chariot of the Gods played and all I have to say is that the ruleset works amazingly good. No errors found this time. Great job pr6i6e6st!!!

One of the players suggests the possibility for the DM to select if NPCs rolls display the name of the NPC in the chat window. I agree. If players know their been attacked but they don't know if it's by a neomorph, a xenomorph or whatever... you know what I mean.

Got the chat notifications turned into strings that can be translated now. Let me know if anything Is missing (that’s not part of CoreRPG) from the strings.

And while doing that I figured out what you meant about the npc name showing in the rolls, think I fixed that.

pr6i6e6st
October 13th, 2019, 06:53
critical injuries have had a big fix and need testing. stress reduction has been adjusted to hopefully function properly when a minute change results in an hour change.

critical injuries now work in a way that they calculate time a bit more. if set to fatal the following will occur:

if set to rounds, the "current" counter will be reduced by 1 every round, by 60/TimeFactor every minute, 3600/TimeFactor every hour

if set to turns, the "current" counter will be reduced by 1 every TimeFactor minutes, 60/TimeFactor every hour

if set to shift, the "current" counter will be reduced by 1 every TimeFactor hours

if set to day, the "current" counter will be reduced by 1 every day.

critical injuries also "heal" after the "heal-time" amount of days have passed.

duff563
October 30th, 2019, 16:18
Get this to a ruleset!!! I will run this on my channel next month "Praetor's Rejects" and will post feedback!! Been looking forward to running this system, alot of viewers have asked for!!

JubiladosdeArkham
October 30th, 2019, 16:59
duff563, it is already a ruleset XD

JimSocks
October 30th, 2019, 19:16
The books arrive soon! I am super excited!

The work you have done on this is just amazing- and my players still talk about our chariot of the gods session that was made possible because of your work!

pr6i6e6st
October 31st, 2019, 17:30
Get this to a ruleset!!! I will run this on my channel next month "Praetor's Rejects" and will post feedback!! Been looking forward to running this system, alot of viewers have asked for!!

As mentioned, I did convert this to a ruleset early on, I merely can’t find how to change the thread title. You’ll be wanting the AlienRPG.pak file and to put that in your ruleset folder.

I’d be very excited to watch a play through. I’ve subscribed to your channel in anticipation.

The books arrive soon! I am super excited!

The work you have done on this is just amazing- and my players still talk about our chariot of the gods session that was made possible because of your work!

I know! So stoked! I’m going to read that book cover to cover so many times before actually getting a game going. I’m hoping I won’t need to do a hell of a lot more to the program. I’ve taken a bit of a break until after release, I was at it almost every night prior to the last update.

It’s awesome hearing that I was able to help people enjoy this game. I really hope it takes off. If any of you record your games I’d love to hear/see them.

Valarian
November 1st, 2019, 08:34
I know! So stoked! I’m going to read that book cover to cover so many times before actually getting a game going. I’m hoping I won’t need to do a hell of a lot more to the program. I’ve taken a bit of a break until after release, I was at it almost every night prior to the last update.
Yeah. I know this feeling.

It’s awesome hearing that I was able to help people enjoy this game. I really hope it takes off. If any of you record your games I’d love to hear/see them.
Know this feeling as well. This is why, I think, most community developers do this.

VenomousFiligree
November 1st, 2019, 22:43
Looking forward to trying this, great job!

pr6i6e6st
November 5th, 2019, 15:46
PDF of the core rulebook has been released for preorders. I’ll be reading that soon and then we will see what needs done/fixed

JubiladosdeArkham
November 5th, 2019, 15:57
Ooooh, yeah!

VenomousFiligree
November 5th, 2019, 17:55
I'm planning on a campaign starting in the new year, so looking forward to this!

duff563
November 5th, 2019, 19:15
I"m behind on the notices everyone, in GameholeCon recovery mode. Just got the PDF rulebook. Will read up and download your PAK file to test. Nice Job getting this into the FG system!!

duff563
November 6th, 2019, 02:21
With all the reading that needs to be done to get familiar with the ruleset, can I ask for a walkthrough from someone on getting this new PAK file loaded properly for testing? I've seen several extensions and mod files added to the discussion. Want to know what works, doesn't or WIP. Thanks..

pr6i6e6st
November 6th, 2019, 02:24
With all the reading that needs to be done to get familiar with the ruleset, can I ask for a walkthrough from someone on getting this new PAK file loaded properly for testing? I've seen several extensions and mod files added to the discussion. Want to know what works, doesn't or WIP. Thanks..

Open fantasy grounds to the launcher. Click the folder button in the top right to find your data folder. Put the pak file in the ruleset folder. Quit and restart fantasy grounds. Create a new campaign.

You will have to add your own tables with specific names. Penndragon2000 has done some in Spanish I believe.

Currently working on talents and careers stuff btw

duff563
November 6th, 2019, 02:27
Ok...Done that...just making sure there wasn't anything I missed through the conversation here...

pr6i6e6st
November 6th, 2019, 02:47
Ok...Done that...just making sure there wasn't anything I missed through the conversation here...

Not sure if I clarified on this thread or not, but the tables required for certain button rolls (like an npc attack or vehicle damage) are case sensitive.

CRITICAL INJURIES
CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS
CRITICAL INJURIES ON (entered text)
(Entered text) ATTACKS
MAJOR COMPONENT DAMAGE
MINOR COMPONENT DAMAGE

JimSocks
November 6th, 2019, 19:35
Testing your latest upload, and so far:

1. Great work on the font color updates and readability- it all looks fantastic!
2. The new character sheet layouts: killer
2.5 I love that I can adjust the time increments right on the clock and they stay until changed!
3. I can't figure out the weapons list on the first main tab of the character sheet- it doesn't consistently populate with all the item data (like damage, weight, etc) Pictures below.
4. Whenever I increment the time, I get an error message (attached below)
5. I love that the stress is linked to the time! I noticed something interesting though: as I let the game automate the adding and removal of stress (which somehow it added three levels of stress automatically once and I am not clear on how or why) it accumulated a remainder amount of stress after the whole number (ie 3.9764 stress instead of just 3) Attached below as well

Weapons pane pics:

Clock errors:

Stress fractions:

pr6i6e6st
November 6th, 2019, 19:41

duff563, it is already a ruleset XD

Testing your latest upload, and so far:

1. Great work on the font color updates and readability- it all looks fantastic!
2. The new character sheet layouts: killer
2.5 I love that I can adjust the time increments right on the clock and they stay until changed!
3. I can't figure out the weapons list on the first main tab of the character sheet- it doesn't consistently populate with all the item data (like damage, weight, etc) Pictures below.
4. Whenever I increment the time, I get an error message (attached below)
5. I love that the stress is linked to the time! I noticed something interesting though: as I let the game automate the adding and removal of stress (which somehow it added three levels of stress automatically once and I am not clear on how or why) it accumulated a remainder amount of stress after the whole number (ie 3.9764 stress instead of just 3) Attached below as well

Weapons pane pics:

Clock errors:

Stress fractions:

3: weapons must be set as combat or ranged weapons to show in the weapons field and to have the appropriate data. (click where it says "gear") and they also must be "equipped".
4: i'm not repreducing this error, though it was one i had in a prior version, i wonder if that and the same with 5 are perhaps due to an older version? maybe i ghost updated on you.

currently working to fix an error with the weapons on the main page when it goes to sort them, got talents and careers almost ready, just trying to figure out how to make it so you can only have one career, but i can't figure out how to limit the number of entries in a windowlist. might have to concoct something else up.

edit: scratch that, just found that if you have the time factor set to something other than a multiple of 5, that it does indeed occur when you go to the next hour/day. . . i'll see what's going on

pr6i6e6st
November 6th, 2019, 21:24
Testing your latest upload

try the new update i just put up

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 21:33
As mentioned, I did convert this to a ruleset early on, I merely can’t find how to change the thread title.
Done.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 03:38
Have created tables and PC sheets from PDF, testing out things... So far, issues I have noticed...

Issues:

Character Sheet - Cannot input Career information on Notes Tab
Character Sheet - Cannot input Encumbrance Stat number on Inventory Tab
Character Sheet - When creating a talent entry in Talents Box on Abilities tab, text is not formating properly, slightly outside of bounding box
Character Sheet - The text within the Talents box resides in a rounded box, however, for text in other boxes on Character Sheet , the text is underlined - any reason for diference? I'd make all entries consistent on the Character sheet (Just my opinion)
Character Sheet - Tested rolling on CRITICAL INJURIES table by using dice on Health Bar, some entries rolled are "unable to find result", ie... the die roll was a 49, there is no such entry on the table.

If not an issue or resolved, please ignore or let me know what to change on my end.. Still testing!!

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 03:45
Have created tables and PC sheets from PDF, testing out things... So far, issues I have noticed...

Issues:

Character Sheet - Cannot input Career information on Notes Tab(go to your library and check off the careers and talents windows. You can create and drag a career in from there now.)
Character Sheet - Cannot input Encumbrance Stat number on Inventory Tab (this currently isn’t editable except by maintaining inventory weight and strength. Will need to add a multiplier due to some talents)
Character Sheet - When creating a talent entry in Talents Box on Abilities tab, text is not formating properly, slightly outside of bounding box (will focus on cleaning later)
Character Sheet - The text within the Talents box resides in a rounded box, however, for text in other boxes on Character Sheet , the text is underlined - any reason for diference? I'd make all entries consistent on the Character sheet (Just my opinion)(as stated above)
Character Sheet - Tested rolling on CRITICAL INJURIES table by using dice on Health Bar, some entries rolled are "unable to find result", ie... the die roll was a 49, there is no such entry on the table. (You May have missed that entry in your table. I did when using the table importer and copy/pasting)

If not an issue or resolved, please ignore or let me know what to change on my end.. Still testing!!

Thank you so much. I have provided responses in the quote above.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 03:51
On the Critical Hits table, the entries are not all consecutive, there is no 49 entry. 41,42,43,44,45,46, 51 and so on.

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 03:52
On the Critical Hits table, the entries are not all consecutive, there is no 49 entry. 41,42,43,44,45,46, 51 and so on.

ah, use a custom set of dice for the table. use a d60 and a d6

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 03:53
Also, are you combing "Talents" and "Traits" together in one table?

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 03:54
Bingo...missed that!!

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 03:54
Also, are you combing "Talents" and "Traits" together in one table?

currently yes, the npc's talents and xenomorph/critter special traits and such use the same format

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 05:00
I'm actually talking about PCs... Your Character sheet has a Talent entry (Abilities Tab) and a Trait entry (Notes Tab). The PreGens and Character breakdowns in the PDF also include a trait.. but where the hell are those "Traits" in the rulebook? Funny...the new PDF rulebook has changed "Trait" to "Personality" but still no listing for them. I guess DMs are to make them up...

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 05:05
I'm actually talking about PCs... Your Character sheet has a Talent entry (Abilities Tab) and a Trait entry (Notes Tab). The PreGens and Character breakdowns in the PDF also include a trait.. but where the hell are those "Traits" in the rulebook? Funny...the new PDF rulebook has changed "Trait" to "Personality" but still no listing for them. I guess DMs are to make them up...

you're right. i had started this back when it was just the Chariot of the Gods. i had sworn i still saw them in the careers, but i guess that was names or appearance. well shucks. guess i can replace that with something else or drop it.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 05:11
Change the item "Trait" on your PC sheet to "Personality" and leave as "fill in the blank". Makes things flexible for you later..

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 05:13
And keep up the great work. GREAT JOB with this!!

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 05:56
Cleanup - Another cleanup item (You might already know). In the FG chat window, when the text scrolls toward the top, I'd stop the scrolling so it does not show behind the clock. Makes things hard to read.

Error - When I set the increment (either hour or minutes) for the clock, I get an script error when I forward time. I close the error window and the time has moved forward the amount I specified however. If you need the errors, I can send.

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 06:00
Cleanup - Another cleanup item (You might already know). In the FG chat window, when the text scrolls toward the top, I'd stop the scrolling so it does not show behind the clock. Makes things hard to read.

Error - When I set the increment (either hour or minutes) for the clock, I get an script error when I forward time. I close the error window and the time has moved forward the amount I specified however. If you need the errors, I can send.

i have always moved my GUI around to fit my monitors, so i haven't thought about the clock, thank you.

i'm not getting that error. wonder what it could be. do you have a calendar loaded up?

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 06:03
No calendar: The error is - Script Error: [string "timelimit"]:1: attempt to compare two nil values. Same thing in CT. When I add a time factor (let's say 5) then hit Next Actor, the error shows but the Clock does not roll forward the specified amount

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 06:07
No calendar: The error is - Script Error: [string "timelimit"]:1: attempt to compare two nil values. Same thing in CT. When I add a time factor (let's say 5) then hit Next Actor, the error shows but the Clock does not roll forward the specified amount

load a calendar (i've been using the typical gregorian calendar). the code to change the time is the code from the calendar LUA to adjust it. this helps you keep track of days and months too. I'd think it'd be great if i could make a button to allow gms and players to make log entries based on the current day.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 06:07
Ok.. error does not show once I added a PC to the CT. However, I added 5, scrolled down through the order. When the CT initiated the next round, the error shows up. Closing FG and seeing if I can replicate again.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 06:10
OK.. issues not showing in either place once I closed / re-opened FG. Hmmmm.... I'll continue to monitor with a calendar loaded like you suggested!

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 06:13
And Yes, that would be cool to allow for log entries. Somehow populate the NOTES area within FG.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 06:17
Idea... Is there a way to code a "Push Roll" by using a right click on the dice roll in the chat window? Make a Radial Menu option?

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 06:23
Idea... Is there a way to code a "Push Roll" by using a right click on the dice roll in the chat window? Make a Radial Menu option?

one of the next things i need to learn in code is how to retrieve and utilize results from the chat, so i can do this, and get the new dice working in the dice tower and maybe something for damage. So i'd like to, but currently beyond what i know how to do yet.

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 07:02
I need to write this down so I can remember to do it another day, going to bed;

I need to make records for solar systems, planets/moons, stations, colonies, and jobs.

I was building tables and generators and I just feel like they need their own records, rather than just utilizing stories and templates.

duff563
November 9th, 2019, 07:15
Interesting..... I am creating all the Talent Tables and the Effects list. Do you want them to include in the ruleset? I'm sure I'll have more questions this weekend.. Trying my best to get this all configured so I can run on the channel ASAP. Thinking of XMAS holiday sessions!! What could be better than Aliens in Christmas!

JubiladosdeArkham
November 9th, 2019, 09:36
I'm expecting Christmas to start translating the ruleset into Spanish, pr6i6e6st.
And be careful, one thing is to create a ruleset implementing all the game rules and a different one is to add all the story and background and share it with the community. No matter how much we want a complete ruleset there is something called Copy Right, you know. Don't want you getting into trouble.

Maybe if you tell us how to make those solar system, etc. records everybody can do it on their own.

pr6i6e6st
November 9th, 2019, 13:41
I'm expecting Christmas to start translating the ruleset into Spanish, pr6i6e6st.
And be careful, one thing is to create a ruleset implementing all the game rules and a different one is to add all the story and background and share it with the community. No matter how much we want a complete ruleset there is something called Copy Right, you know. Don't want you getting into trouble.

Maybe if you tell us how to make those solar system, etc. records everybody can do it on their own.

Awesome

I was just going to do records like for items and vehicles, no implementing the rules, I just don’t want to fill the story window with millions of entries when they could be categorized and shared.

pr6i6e6st
November 10th, 2019, 05:25
records for planets, star systems and colonies have been added. these records can be used to keep track of large universes as you expand your campaigns, allowing for easier continuity between different campaigns. they include a few fields to type whatever details you want, and contain eachother in descending sizes (star systems can hold planets, planets can hold colonies, colonies can hold quests aka jobs)

creating a record within a record (for example, a planet within a star system) will only create the record within that record. if you want to keep a planet but not the star system, you will want to copy the planet before deleting the star system containing it or else lose the planet with it). much like a player and his inventory, or the combat tracker and an entry.

i'd like to get it so that you can drop their tokens into a map and use that instead of a pin, but that will have to be another day.
identification is on there, but doesn't seem to work. so don't share one of the new records if you don't want the players to read something.

JimSocks
November 10th, 2019, 13:59
I move the clock as well, giving me a full chat window. Best option.

I was excited to check out the new star system records- but I don't know where they are to create them? Where do you create a "record"? Probably a stupid question...

pr6i6e6st
November 10th, 2019, 14:03
I move the clock as well, giving me a full chat window. Best option.

I was excited to check out the new star system records- but I don't know where they are to create them? Where do you create a "record"? Probably a stupid question...

Change your library loadout

JimSocks
November 11th, 2019, 00:11
Change your library loadout

I checked there- maybe I missed something. Is there a module I need to re-DL?

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 00:15

Nope, the current version of the ruleset has them built in. If you go to your library and pick “gm” “play” “create” or “all” you will get different sidebars like characters, items, vehicles, story and such. The careers, talents, star systems, planets and colonies now are included in those loadouts. Alternatively you can scroll through that list and custom pick what sidebar windows you want open.

Alternatively, perhaps I forgot to include the new pak file when updating? In which case I can correct that in a couple hours when I get home

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 02:15

just tried reloading it just in case, i thought the size differences of the files were showing different from whats on here and what i have on my computer but when i upload it it comes out the same size. so i'm not sure

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 06:01

was going to do a video to show how to work things, ended up finding errors and such in the process. will have to do the video another time. corrected the problems i found though and made a couple small graphics changes. sorry for the inconvenience.

Hurske
November 11th, 2019, 21:11
Awesome work on the ruleset, one thing I am trying to find, is Pushing rolls implemented yet, or do I need to do those manually?

duff563
November 11th, 2019, 21:34
Well crap.. I had created all the "TALENTS" in the CoreRulebook, but now are all gone. I would assume from your updates, looks to have wiped out the information!!! Gonna make a MOD file for the data and save that way going forward.. unless you want to include the information in the PAK file?

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 21:53
Well crap.. I had created all the "TALENTS" in the CoreRulebook, but now are all gone. I would assume from your updates, looks to have wiped out the information!!! Gonna make a MOD file for the data and save that way going forward.. unless you want to include the information in the PAK file?

Unfortunately a couple names in the files had to be changed, which left your inputted information in the talents in a void. They’re somewhere in your DB but no interface to get to them in game. You could open your DB file in your campaign folder to copy paste it all again or you will have to enter it again. I can’t provide any of the rules unfortunately, sorry for the trouble.

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 21:58
Awesome work on the ruleset, one thing I am trying to find, is Pushing rolls implemented yet, or do I need to do those manually?

No pushes yet, sorry.

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 22:40

Oh alternatively, open that DB and anything that says “ability” change to “talent” or if it says “abilities” change it to “talents”

pr6i6e6st
November 11th, 2019, 22:53

You could message me your DB file from your alien rpg campaign folder and I can try to do that for you tonight if you have trouble

duff563
November 11th, 2019, 23:02
I'll modify..will review the DB file so I know where to change... Going over the functionality with two friends that have already played multiple sessions of the Game, have several items for you...will post shortly..

duff563
November 12th, 2019, 01:21
New comments about ruleset....

1. When a failure (face hugger) is rolled, stress is not automatically added.
2. Auto stress modifier (middle box on PC sheet) is not working from what we can tell.
3. Damage amount on weapon is adding a +1 to roll and calculating as a success, should it not just add a die?
4. How to push a roll - By changing the "modifier" amount in lower left corner of interface, a player can push a roll. Just put a "-" plus amount of die to remove from skill roll, then roll new skill check. Make sense?

pr6i6e6st
November 12th, 2019, 01:25

2. Auto stress modifier (middle box on PC sheet) is not working from what we can tell.
3. Damage amount on weapon is adding a +1 to roll and calculating as a success, should it not just add a die?
4. How to push a roll - By changing the "modifier" amount in lower left corner of interface, a player can push a roll. Just put a "-" plus amount of die to remove from skill roll, then roll new skill check. Make sense?

I didn’t know it was adding a stress die when a stress symbol was rolled, I’ve never been able to figure out how to get die rolls to contribute to anything else so I’ll have to check this out

I’ll have to check that stressed button again, I thought I checked that before the last update too

Which tab or whatever is the bonus adding the +1? I must have missed that in earlier changes.

pr6i6e6st
November 12th, 2019, 02:52

ok so i couldn't replicate 1,
i fixed 2 i think, as it was a problem with the hour changing while the toggle was on.
3, the bonus should be what adds the die, the damage is what's your base damage, no? then you can add your successes, in which i just add all of them automatically for now since i don't know how to pull up die results yet.
4. that's the closest i came to being able to do it. even Call of Cthulhu doesn't have one, but that's just a reroll.

DaCharls
November 13th, 2019, 19:17
HI Im getting loads of errors when creating a character, do not know what Im missing?
Example of error:

"Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (TimeFactor) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (talent : charsheet.id-00001.talentlist.id-00001)
"

pr6i6e6st
November 13th, 2019, 19:23
HI Im getting loads of errors when creating a character, do not know what Im missing?
Example of error:

"Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (TimeFactor) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (talent : charsheet.id-00001.talentlist.id-00001)
"

the anchored static height isn't a problem, usually doesn't pop up unless a red error does, like that bottom one. i'll try to fix stuff like that as i go.

as for the desktop runtime error, i'm not getting that issue but it did show up for a brief time when i changed the "abilities" into "talents". either use Note++ to replace all instances of "ability" with "talent" and anything with "abilities" with "talents" in your DB file found in your campaign folder.

alternatively, send me your DB file and i'll do that for you.

also make sure to get the newer update, to be sure things are all up to order.

DaCharls
November 13th, 2019, 19:45
Hi I just checked and the db file and that contains no refenses to either of "abilities" or "talents". Anything I could have done wrong in the installation or startup of the campaign?
So my main problem is how to create valid characters right now but I also checked and there is no equipment list or monsters; basically only a char sheet and dice mechanics.

pr6i6e6st
November 13th, 2019, 19:53
Hi I just checked and the db file and that contains no refenses to either of "abilities" or "talents". Anything I could have done wrong in the installation or startup of the campaign?
So my main problem is how to create valid characters right now but I also checked and there is no equipment list or monsters; basically only a char sheet and dice mechanics.

There won’t be any lore, info or rules applied, as I do not have the rights. You will have to load in the information yourself and even make your own modules. Think of this as more of an organizer/tracker.

There are records for items (toggle button defaults to gear, can be a number of different items), npcs, vehicles, star systems, planets and colonies.

Edit: also, it’s likely the error came from the update. It’s just info floating in the void and shouldn’t show up anymore?

pr6i6e6st
November 13th, 2019, 20:28

I'll modify..will review the DB file so I know where to change... Going over the functionality with two friends that have already played multiple sessions of the Game, have several items for you...will post shortly..

just went through my own DB to find stuff i lost. here's what i did to recover missing text and such from my talents.

using Note++ i hit ctrl+f

i then did a search for anything with "ability" (it could be "abilitylist", "char_ability" or whatever) and replaced every instance with "talent"

i then went through all my talents in my DB and changed anything that said "<text" to "<notes" and anything that said "</text>" to "</notes>" ONLY THE ONES IN THE TALENTS SECTION WHICH BEGINS SOMETHING LIKE THIS

what you want it to look like

<talent>
<category name="(General)" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00010>
<name type="string">test</name>
<notes type="formattedtext">
<p>test</p>
</notes>
</id-00010>

if you didn't change anything and have lost your entered talents, it will look like this
what it shouldn't look like

<ability>
<category name="(General)" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00010>
<name type="string">test</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<p>test</p>
</text>
</id-00010>

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 00:20
Talents are ALL back!! Working on more stuff tonight...Will let you know if anything pops up!!

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 02:50
NPC sheets: so far...

Strength roll errors out : Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'StrengthRoll' (a nil value)
Medical Aid roll errors out: Script Error: [string "medicalaid"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
Manipulation roll errors out: Script Error: [string "manipulation"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
Command roll errors out: Script Error: [string "command"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 02:55
NPC sheets: so far...

Strength roll errors out : Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'StrengthRoll' (a nil value)
Medical Aid roll errors out: Script Error: [string "medicalaid"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
Manipulation roll errors out: Script Error: [string "manipulation"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
Command roll errors out: Script Error: [string "command"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)

ah i know what's wrong exactly. give me a few minutes and i'll fix that right now

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 03:05
On the NPC sheets, should you not put Talents, Buddy, Rival and Personal Agendas as options?
What is SPECIAL for?

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 03:07
On the NPC sheets, should you not put Talents, Buddy, Rival and Personal Agendas as options?
What is SPECIAL for?

special was for things like xenomorphs, and i couldn't find a way to label it talents/special.

i suppose i could add a new couple of text fields in there for the other options while i'm at it as well

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 03:10
I am using the Special area for Personal Agenda and Buddy/Rivals The Notes area at bottom is geting all NPC info and talent.. It works so don't worry for the moment...

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 03:12
I am using the Special area for Personal Agenda and Buddy/Rivals The Notes area at bottom is geting all NPC info and talent.. It works so don't worry for the moment...

already done. anything else in there before i zip it up?

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 03:20
negative for the moment...LOL

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 03:26
negative for the moment...LOL

done

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 03:32
Dont' hate me.... NPC sheet will not allow me to add a portrait or image to the sheet for their token.

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 03:35
Dont' hate me.... NPC sheet will not allow me to add a portrait or image to the sheet for their token.

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 03:44
Doh...Let me check

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 04:17
No go. The sheet will not allow for an image. I place NPC on tracker and get a "letter" token for the image..

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 04:18
Ok, I can add a portrait from TOKENS..

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 04:19
Ok, I can add a portrait from TOKENS..

yeah NPC's just use Tokens. you could put an Image link in the other tab of the NPC sheet, like they do for the D&D monsters

duff563
November 14th, 2019, 04:22
I forgot the tokens, and Yes, I'm adding their portraits to the sheet to keep readily available.

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 04:23
I forgot the tokens, and Yes, I'm adding their portraits to the sheet to keep readily available.

decided to work a bit more, just added coins, works with the party sheet. now i want to look into a party vehicle list

pr6i6e6st
November 14th, 2019, 05:18
screw it, got currency working, i'm beat. done for the night i think. might see what i can do tomorrow.

Kosh Kaltu
November 16th, 2019, 20:05
Your work is greatly appreciated!

pr6i6e6st
November 20th, 2019, 06:00
new update has party sheet stuff!

Xydonus
November 20th, 2019, 13:29
Thanks for this, gotta try this out.

spite
November 20th, 2019, 22:15
This is fantastic ruleset, thanks for your work.

pr6i6e6st
November 21st, 2019, 05:14
Your work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for this, gotta try this out.

This is fantastic ruleset, thanks for your work.

thanks guys, i'll try to get a video out sometime in the near future to help elaborate and explain the features of the ruleset. last time i tried, i found a bunch of bugs and then needed to add more stuff! so keep checking back as i continue to try and make improvements. let me know if something isn't working as it should, and keep in mind that visuals and things can change at any point. i'm learning as i go, and try to focus on function before fashion ;) i plan to start my first campaign next week, so i'll finally get to put it to a full live test every 4 weeks (we alternate games, d&d5e>CoC7e>d&d5e>Arpg>d&d5e>CoC7e>d&d5e>Arpg)

Vackipleur
December 3rd, 2019, 23:39
Hi ! Thanks for the ruleset ! I'm preparing "Chariots of the Gods" and I can't fill the career field on the character sheet. Can you help me, please? :)

pr6i6e6st
December 3rd, 2019, 23:41
Hi ! Thanks for the ruleset ! I'm preparing "Chariots of the Gods" and I can fill the career field on the character sheet. Can you help me, please? :)

sorry, i misread. you need to create a career in the career lists and drop it into the character sheet onto the career field in the notes.

Vackipleur
December 4th, 2019, 12:36
Sorry was "I can't" not "I can" fill...

Yeah finally I see that ! Thank you for your answer :)

VenomousFiligree
December 6th, 2019, 08:09
First, great ruleset, thanks for the effort!

Second, a request. Some combat weapons (or gear that can be used as weapons) have power, is it possible to include a power entry on close combat items?

VenomousFiligree
December 6th, 2019, 08:26
Question. If you have a ranged weapon equipped with Bonus +1, when you roll the Ranged Weapon skill should it automatically add the +1? It doesn't appear to at the moment. I'm happy either way, just want to understand the intent.

pr6i6e6st
December 6th, 2019, 14:58
First, great ruleset, thanks for the effort!

Second, a request. Some combat weapons (or gear that can be used as weapons) have power, is it possible to include a power entry on close combat items?
I was wondering before release if I needed to include that or not, and currently have it left so you just switch it to a tool for its power. Maybe I’ll include it with weapons. If it has been switched to a tool and the power level has been set, and it’s switched from a tool to say a weapon, the power will still be added to your power supply as well.

Question. If you have a ranged weapon equipped with Bonus +1, when you roll the Ranged Weapon skill should it automatically add the +1? It doesn't appear to at the moment. I'm happy either way, just want to understand the intent.

Is this after switching the range? Cc will use close combat and everything else uses ranged combat. I can check this later.

VenomousFiligree
December 6th, 2019, 20:57
Is this after switching the range?

If by this you mean selecting the range on the gear, yes.

An observation - all equipped items (ie armour, gear, etc) are showing on main tab's weapon window not just weapons.

pr6i6e6st
December 6th, 2019, 22:38

An observation - all equipped items (ie armour, gear, etc) are showing on main tab's weapon window not just weapons.

Ok thank you, I’ll see if I can remedy this stuff tonight, shouldn’t be that difficult, I think I know the problem by the sounds of it.

pr6i6e6st
December 6th, 2019, 23:28

hmm. what process are you going through to get the results on the last couple concerns minus the power on combat weapons? because with a quick check dropping things in and around, i'm not replicating this myself yet. see my results on a ranged combat weapon roll here, with a character whom has 1 agility, 2 ranged combat, a weapon with a bonus and a weapon damage.

pr6i6e6st
December 7th, 2019, 00:50

alright. found the issue with all items appearing in the weapons list on the main page. i THINK i fixed it as i can't replicate it after making an adjustment. it happened when items were equipped and the server started up after.

i've included the power supply for combat weapons, tools, miscellaneous, and even armour.

the weapon rolls based on bonus appear to still function fine on my end unless i'm misunderstanding something. i know i'd like to do something better for damage, as the results in chat aren't accurate. (a weapon deals it's damage plus any additional damage from stunts, not damage plus 1 for every success as is now) for now, i just type into the modifier box and drag that as needed, but as i said, i'd like to do something more optimal and more streamlined.

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 08:36
Just weapons appearing in the weapons tab now :)

I'm still not getting weapon bonus dice added to the roll, image attached.

JubiladosdeArkham
December 7th, 2019, 08:53
That worked in previous versions O_o

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 09:06
I can't seem to find a d66 from the custom dice menu?

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 09:10
That worked in previous versions O_o

It works for pr6i6e6st, but not for me. So probably something I'm doing wrong! :)

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 09:26
I can't seem to find a d66 from the custom dice menu?

Found it on the desktop!

JubiladosdeArkham
December 7th, 2019, 09:28
I think some people needs that video pr6i6e6st promised time ago ;p

pr6i6e6st
December 7th, 2019, 13:02
It works for pr6i6e6st, but not for me. So probably something I'm doing wrong! :)

This might be a dumb thing to ask, but are you rolling that from the weapon bonus field? Or the skill itself?

pr6i6e6st
December 7th, 2019, 14:27
I think some people needs that video pr6i6e6st promised time ago ;p
Indeed it would be nice. I promise I’ll try to do that ASAP, been having trouble getting quiet time in the home to do so

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 15:33
This might be a dumb thing to ask, but are you rolling that from the weapon bonus field? Or the skill itself?

Not dumb at all! Now that I'm rolling it from the weapon it works fine! :D

However... Is the damage calculating correctly.

DAMAGE is the base Damage rating, i.e. how many points of damage your target suffers if your attack is successful. If you roll extra , you can deal additional damage.

My understanding is that the first success causes the damage value of the weapon to be inflicted, with each subsequent success adding 1 damage. However at the moment the weapon damage value is added to the number of successes.

pr6i6e6st
December 7th, 2019, 15:37
Not dumb at all! Now that I'm rolling it from the weapon it works fine! :D

However... Is the damage calculating correctly.

My understanding is that the first success causes the damage value of the weapon to be inflicted, with each subsequent success adding 1 damage. However at the moment the weapon damage value is added to the number of successes.

Awesome!

And no, damage is not being calculated correctly at the moment. Currently my programming has it add all successes and damage to the roll result.

I could negate the result and leave only the weapons damage, and allow additional damage to be handled with discretion by player and GM.

I’m just currently struggling to figure out how to deal with roll results for stuff like that and the dice tower (which also doesn’t work properly)

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2019, 16:46
As extra successes from ranged and close combat can be used for a variety of effects, I would suggest leaving damage out of the roll altogether and just report successes, just like any other skill roll.

pr6i6e6st
December 8th, 2019, 04:40
As extra successes from ranged and close combat can be used for a variety of effects, I would suggest leaving damage out of the roll altogether and just report successes, just like any other skill roll.

alright i included that in a new update.

i realized that you roll panic when you get a critical injury, so i've rigged that up, and moved some of that automation to be only for characters on the combat tracker.

i included a button on character sheets and the combat tracker (not bound together yet, having trouble getting the buttons to link) so you can switch what kind of panic roll you'll be making. it's looking for the table "SPACE COMBAT PANIC ROLL" with the new option.

VenomousFiligree
December 8th, 2019, 07:56
Great work, again!

Question. Should the critical injury roll auto fill in the critical injury window on the character sheet Special tab?

pr6i6e6st
December 8th, 2019, 14:04
Great work, again!

Question. Should the critical injury roll auto fill in the critical injury window on the character sheet Special tab?

Not currently. That's something I'd like to do at some point

pr6i6e6st
December 9th, 2019, 04:35
fixed panic rolls, death rolls, and food supply rolls, sorry guys

JubiladosdeArkham
December 10th, 2019, 16:42
After all the awesome work you've done you dare to say sorry??? Same on you pr6i6e6st! :p

pr6i6e6st
December 10th, 2019, 16:57
After all the awesome work you've done you dare to say sorry??? Same on you pr6i6e6st! :p

Lol, just felt bad putting out that update without seeing the broken bits I left. I just get too excited when something else works lol

pr6i6e6st
December 10th, 2019, 22:05
small fix for critical injuries when set to rounds and AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO! lol very hastily made, but probably the best I can do for the next foreseeable future.

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 24th, 2019, 22:03
Great work, I deffo like at using it in the future, thanks for sharing.

duff563
December 31st, 2019, 04:55
Will be running the game "finally" on my twitch channel this Sat (1/4/2020), 8:00pm CST. Will post sessions on YouTube channel also. Hopefully you can join to see your work in action!!!

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 31st, 2019, 12:01
Awesome stuff duff!

Thanks for the heads up and sharing, can you post the links to the channels, I'll probably end up catching it on you tube.

duff563
December 31st, 2019, 22:55
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/praetorsrejects
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/praetorsrejects

MARVIN THE ARVN
January 1st, 2020, 19:12
Thanks! :)

pr6i6e6st
January 1st, 2020, 19:40
Will be running the game "finally" on my twitch channel this Sat (1/4/2020), 8:00pm CST. Will post sessions on YouTube channel also. Hopefully you can join to see your work in action!!!

Fantastic! I think I’ll be home and free for that time frame too so I’ll make sure to try and watch. Looking forward to it!

Great work, I deffo like at using it in the future, thanks for sharing.

Thank you! While I’ve slowed down on updates, check back once in a while to see if there have been any changes. I’m waiting for some CoreRPG changes planned for the future, so I’m avoiding some things in anticipation.

duff563
January 4th, 2020, 00:53
Can we not create a MOD file for the game... want to share alot of information to the players without having to select each item.. The Player Module "check box" does not work with trying to export... let me know.. NVM.... I was barely able to select the box, there is "Text" above the check box...a formatting issue for you to address.

pr6i6e6st
January 4th, 2020, 00:54
Can we not create a MOD file for the game... want to share alot of information to the players without having to select each item.. The Player Module "check box" does not work with trying to export... let me know..

I have created a few for myself and players. I can double check this in a bit

duff563
January 4th, 2020, 00:55
I finally got it... the text "Player File" is sitting on top of the check box... layout needs to change..that's all

pr6i6e6st
January 4th, 2020, 03:35
I finally got it... the text "Player File" is sitting on top of the check box... layout needs to change..that's all

There, I think I fixed it. Lots of text fonts have changed size or even been swapped out :D

pr6i6e6st
January 6th, 2020, 08:38
notification messages should mostly be using a smaller font now, got rid of the cause of some of those yellow error messages that you might have received after getting a red error. armor rolls from npc's got fixed, the human/synth/npc button is now synced to character sheets and NPC's automatically are set to NPC on the combat tracker. minor adjustments and fixes.

Duff563, that was a fantastic time, i look forward to the next session. Got a real good feel for what needed rather immediate improvements.

Shiniou
January 22nd, 2020, 16:33
@pr6i6e6st u make a good job with Alien, are mind make it more neutal for play any freeleague rpg like tale from the loop, forbidden land or MY0 or just year zero engime ?

zombielord
January 22nd, 2020, 23:47
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your work. I ordered the print books and just received the pdfs. This will be very helpful for playing online.

JubiladosdeArkham
February 10th, 2020, 08:44
Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while.
I'm preparing a Hope's Last Day for a group of rookies and when I opened the Characters window I get this message in the console.

Script Error: [string "currentminute"]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nNew' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (hiddenstress) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (hungry) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (thirsty) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (sleepy) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (cold) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (stressroll) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (strengthnum) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (strengthnum) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (empathynum) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (empathynum) in windowclass (charsheet_main2)

:S

pr6i6e6st
February 10th, 2020, 14:35
Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while.
I'm preparing a Hope's Last Day for a group of rookies and when I opened the Characters window I get this message in the console.

Script Error: [string "currentminute"]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nNew' (a nil value)

Is your calendar set up? i think that's what is going on, is it's looking for a minute that doesn't exist. the rest (displayed in yellow) are pretty much harmless, and i've been picking away at fixing those to remove the messages coming with other (red) errors. I'll have to post an update soon, i've been making a bunch of small fixes like that and have simply neglected to update the forum.

JubiladosdeArkham
February 12th, 2020, 10:44
Yeah, it was that. When I set up the calendar an error message appears but after that everything works fine.

Another bug I've detected that wasn't before. When I drag something (a table for example, or a die) to the bottom slots and then I click on it, it triggers it twice. But it's just when rolling dice. O_o

JubiladosdeArkham
February 13th, 2020, 13:08
Hi pr6i6e6st, a crazy idea came to me.
What if there is a button in the NPC sheet that changes it into an Alien sheet. You know, Aliens doesn't have much of the stuff shown in the NPC sheet, and it would be great to have it all condensed. Don't know if I'm explaining myself XD
Something like this
but when you clic on it only the speed, current and max health points, armor rating, mobility, observation, weakness and acid splash rating are showed. And when you clic again it goes back to the normal NPC sheet.

Could that be possible???

pr6i6e6st
February 13th, 2020, 14:15
Hi pr6i6e6st, a crazy idea came to me.
What if there is a button in the NPC sheet that changes it into an Alien sheet. You know, Aliens doesn't have much of the stuff shown in the NPC sheet, and it would be great to have it all condensed. Don't know if I'm explaining myself XD
Something like this
but when you clic on it only the speed, current and max health points, armor rating, mobility, observation, weakness and acid splash rating are showed. And when you clic again it goes back to the normal NPC sheet.

Could that be possible???

Actually I could make it so anything on the npc sheet not filled out is invisible, I just need to fix the anchors for the fields and stuff. Slowly getting a better grasp.

Another thing I want to do is improve the panic system. Because say you get a panic result of 10, then next turn you get a panic result of 6. You'll actually end up with the stage above 10. The ”more panic” section of page 104.

Not certain yet how I'm going to do that yet. Might need to overhaul the panic function entirely. Suggestions would be appreciated.

JubiladosdeArkham
February 13th, 2020, 19:39
Actually I could make it so anything on the npc sheet not filled out is invisible, I just need to fix the anchors for the fields and stuff. Slowly getting a better grasp.
That'd be a great solution XD

Another thing I want to do is improve the panic system. Because say you get a panic result of 10, then next turn you get a panic result of 6. You'll actually end up with the stage above 10. The ”more panic” section of page 104.
True, I almost forget that rule change.

Not certain yet how I'm going to do that yet. Might need to overhaul the panic function entirely. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Can't help with that, sorry.

JubiladosdeArkham
February 16th, 2020, 10:15
Yesterday I run Hope's Last Day. It was incredible. Players-and characters-so stressed they didn't dare to explore the colony XD

One bug found. When adding an NPC to the CT it automatically roll attack and critical injures :S

Besides that, the ruleset works better than fine.

pr6i6e6st
February 19th, 2020, 00:13
Hey hey! been a while for an update but i was under the weather. i managed to pull some things off today, let me know if anything new comes up.

25: -Space on character sheet main page to type in what your current panic effect is (you can also drag and drop your result from the chat)
-NPC's now have a button to swap if they are a regular NPC or a CREATURE. having it set to CREATURE removes the buddy, rival, personal agenda, and gear sections
-NPC's empty fields will now be invisible when sheet is locked.
-fixed npc's rolling critical injuries when dropped in combat tracker
-fixed npc's starting with 0 health

pr6i6e6st
February 24th, 2020, 04:03
fixed a glitch where NPC sheet stuff would bunch up when locked

pr6i6e6st
February 24th, 2020, 04:38
if you happened to grab that last one, i've fixed it where the talents, gear, weakness and foot notes might squish up with the skills. so i've moved them to the top sections and removed the foot notes. so before you grab this update, if you used the foot notes of the npc sheet, you may want to copy that perhaps to the notes tab.

pr6i6e6st
February 28th, 2020, 05:16
got some work done on vehicles. you can cycle the type of vehicle between Vehicle (planetside), EEV, or Starship. This changes what all fields are visible. internal modules and armaments now are sorted by their size. Maneuverability rolls can be made from a character sheet in the same manner that one could roll thrusters on a starship before.

CAUTION!! THE "Type" section of Vehicles has changed!!!!

to avoid errors, you have two options, delete old vehicles, or change your db.xml file.

if you wish to keep all entered vehicles:

-use Notepad++, open your fantasygrounds>FGDATA>campaign>yourcampaignnamehere>db.xml
-search for "<type type="string""
-replace all instances of the above with "<type type="buttonfield""

if you are altering a module, you will need to open the module with an archiver like 7zip, copy the db.xml or client.xml file (whichever is used) do your editing as above, then save the edited file into the module through your archiver.

pr6i6e6st
March 3rd, 2020, 03:08
new update fixes panic rolls, as per the rules on "More Panic" page 104 of the Core Rulebook.

pr6i6e6st
March 6th, 2020, 00:36
panic rolls were oddly broken, in a way that stress was being incorrectly added to the panic results, and combat tracker was not registering results properly. these have been fixed. a few other minor fixes and preparation for future code.

NotRussellCrowe
March 14th, 2020, 22:17
Hi, pr6i6e6st. Great ruleset, I am loving it!

Just a few minor bugs. When I load a campaign (new or existing) and open a character, type is always set to SYNTH and Max Health is always 0, causing a Stress Level of 1 to be on your sheet. After you set these things they stick until you reload your campaign.

All in all a great rule set!

pr6i6e6st
March 14th, 2020, 23:36
Hi, pr6i6e6st. Great ruleset, I am loving it!

Just a few minor bugs. When I load a campaign (new or existing) and open a character, type is always set to SYNTH and Max Health is always 0, causing a Stress Level of 1 to be on your sheet. After you set these things they stick until you reload your campaign.

All in all a great rule set!

seems one needs to make a new character sheet. i see the problem with older character sheets, new ones don't appear to experience the same issues.

NotRussellCrowe
March 14th, 2020, 23:42
seems one needs to make a new character sheet. i see the problem with older character sheets, new ones don't appear to experience the same issues.

That answers it! These characters are from a few versions ago. Thank you so very much for your help and a fantastic rule set!!!

pr6i6e6st
March 14th, 2020, 23:45
That answers it! These characters are from a few versions ago. Thank you so very much for your help and a fantastic rule set!!!

Thank you. I’ll do my best to keep bringing on improvements. I’m currently trying to do a bit of an overhaul on some functions so the next update may be a while, but it should hopefully make the future process easier and reduce the amount of lines in the code (smaller file size)

NotRussellCrowe
March 15th, 2020, 01:25
I don't know if it needs improvements. My only critique would be some of the text is hard to read as it's a dark background with really dark text. Reading the headings for the reference manual are a bit difficult to see but otherwise it's a great system.

One question though, how do you handle a Xenomorph's two turns per combat? Is it automated someway or do you just manually take account of it?

Happy gaming!

pr6i6e6st
March 15th, 2020, 01:30
I don't know if it needs improvements. My only critique would be some of the text is hard to read as it's a dark background with really dark text. Reading the headings for the reference manual are a bit difficult to see but otherwise it's a great system.

One question though, how do you handle a Xenomorph's two turns per combat? Is it automated someway or do you just manually take account of it?

Happy gaming!

currently, there's no automation. i'm personally just right clicking the combat tracker to add a blank entry for name sake

NotRussellCrowe
March 15th, 2020, 01:32
currently, there's no automation. i'm personally just right clicking the combat tracker to add a blank entry for name sake

Perfect! Thank you so very much. Have a great night!

pr6i6e6st
March 17th, 2020, 03:57
ok, so i've included a new version alongside the old version of the ruleset. I did this because you're going to lose a lot of information for characters and npc's, so this way, you can open two instances of fantasy grounds, running both versions of the ruleset, and thus make it easier to copy everything over if you wish.

the new version will make future code easier to achieve, as well as makes some improvements to various functions such as time management. for example, Time Factor has been replaced with Shift and Turn numberfields.

please let me know of any major errors with v2, if nothing is too drastic, i will move forward from that point. all further improvements will be made from the V2 (can be renamed to just "AlienRPG.pak" if you are not worried about character stats and such)

GoodGuyGraves
March 18th, 2020, 17:37
[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77.

this is the error i am getting and then i dont see the game as a rule set option.

pr6i6e6st
March 18th, 2020, 17:43
[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77.

this is the error i am getting and then i dont see the game as a rule set option.

If you are merging with the old files, you must rename the AlienRPGv2.pak file to AlienRPG.pak then restart the fantasy grounds launcher. (You will lose information like character/npc stats and critical injuries, this can be recovered with some work in the campaign db file if you know what you’re doing)

If you are starting from v2, rename it to AlienRPG.pak

Otherwise the AlienRPGv2.pak file will create a separate unique ruleset not associated with the one you used in previous versions

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 17:44

Welcome to the FG forums. You're running in Unity, correct? Please mention this when reporting problems with the Unity beta test outside of the Unity forums - this helps the dev to know which flavour of FG you're using and won't waste time trying to work out what the issue is. Thanks!

I'm guessing that will be that this hasn't been designed/tested for Unity yet.

pr6i6e6st
March 18th, 2020, 17:45
Welcome to the FG forums. You're running in Unity, correct? Please mention this when reporting problems with the Unity beta test outside of the Unity forums - this helps the dev to know which flavour of FG you're using and won't waste time trying to work out what the issue is. Thanks!

Hopefully the dev will come along soon and give a response - I'm guessing that will be that this hasn't been designed/tested for Unity yet.

Ah yes, that may indeed be the issue. I have yet to get a unity copy, so I can not yet attend to any issues there.

GoodGuyGraves
March 18th, 2020, 17:57
NVM Didn't see the post above thanks for the help.

pr6i6e6st
March 18th, 2020, 17:58
So tried renaming it and still getting that same error then the game is not showing up in my ruleset list.
Try Fantasy Grounds classic, as stated, I haven’t had a copy of unity to work with yet.

GoodGuyGraves
March 18th, 2020, 18:12
Try Fantasy Grounds classic, as stated, I haven’t had a copy of unity to work with yet.

ok That made it work, Just got unity today and was playing with starfinder stuff when i was like wait maybe they have ALIENS! Didn't think about the version difference my bad and keep up good work man.

pr6i6e6st
March 18th, 2020, 18:14
ok That made it work, Just got unity today and was playing with starfinder stuff when i was like wait maybe they have ALIENS! Didn't think about the version difference my bad and keep up good work man.

Yeah, no I forgot that the open beta just got released there as well. Trenloe got our backs lol. Thank you and hopefully I can get a copy for myself soon so I can experience that goodness. :p

GoodGuyGraves
March 18th, 2020, 19:59
Yeah, no I forgot that the open beta just got released there as well. Trenloe got our backs lol. Thank you and hopefully I can get a copy for myself soon so I can experience that goodness. :p

Ya i just got the 9 a month to give it a test to see how much i like it before buying it and so far its allot of fun. I been playing with the Fog of war and its super easy to apply to maps .

pr6i6e6st
March 18th, 2020, 21:10
found and fixed a couple of bugs. these consisted of a bug with critical injury rolls for synthetics on the combat tracker, and on character sheets, as well as dealing with critical injuries returning a nil value, which was because I had removed "Time Factor" but not all the calls to it. hopefully, everything should run more smoothly, I have a game in a couple of hours to prepare for haha. wish us all luck lol.

duff563
March 20th, 2020, 17:37
Upgraded the ruleset, now a new PC sheet will not allow for changes to HP. Also, when I add PC to Combat Tracker and add HP there, the HP is added to the Stress level instead..

pr6i6e6st
March 20th, 2020, 17:41
Upgraded the ruleset, now a new PC sheet will not allow for changes to HP. Also, when I add PC to Combat Tracker and add HP there, the HP is added to the Stress level instead..
V2 or the old version?

pr6i6e6st
March 20th, 2020, 17:41
V2 or the old version?

Also, new character sheets may need to be made

zombielord
March 22nd, 2020, 07:28
Been tinkering with adapting the ruleset to unity, and thought I'd share some things to adapt while you are developing for FGC. I've got it to no longer error during startup, but it doesn't render. Still they are things that could be cleaned.

[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77. Commented out the https:// announcment link
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (dieresult). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/record_char_talents.xml]: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 428, position 6. Removed extra '<'
[3/22/2020 12:40:22 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/template_char.xml]" Commented out that line as it wasn't in the files.

pr6i6e6st
March 22nd, 2020, 17:31
Been tinkering with adapting the ruleset to unity, and thought I'd share some things to adapt while you are developing for FGC. I've got it to no longer error during startup, but it doesn't render. Still they are things that could be cleaned.

[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77. Commented out the https:// announcment link
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (dieresult). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
[3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/record_char_talents.xml]: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 428, position 6. Removed extra '<'
[3/22/2020 12:40:22 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/template_char.xml]" Commented out that line as it wasn't in the files.

thank you, i've included these fixes into my testing, and they will be present in the next update.

grimmlock
March 25th, 2020, 07:05
I just purchased the Alien RPG a short while ago, and was wanting to start running it, and was extremely happy to find this Rulset, Thank you so very much for all the hard work that you have put into this.

I was having a problem while learning how to use it, though, with characters and setting them as Synth/Human/NPC. When I created a new character, they are set to Synth, and I can click to change to either Human or NPC, however if you roll for a Critical Injury, it doesn't matter what tables you have set up, it will only roll on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

I'm not running any extensions, this is not a character from the V1 Rulset, I have only used V2. I have also tried with multiple characters, setting it to Human, doing a /reload, shutting down, restarting, but no matter what, it only rolls on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

pr6i6e6st
March 25th, 2020, 11:45
I just purchased the Alien RPG a short while ago, and was wanting to start running it, and was extremely happy to find this Rulset, Thank you so very much for all the hard work that you have put into this.

I was having a problem while learning how to use it, though, with characters and setting them as Synth/Human/NPC. When I created a new character, they are set to Synth, and I can click to change to either Human or NPC, however if you roll for a Critical Injury, it doesn't matter what tables you have set up, it will only roll on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

I'm not running any extensions, this is not a character from the V1 Rulset, I have only used V2. I have also tried with multiple characters, setting it to Human, doing a /reload, shutting down, restarting, but no matter what, it only rolls on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

Does it do it if you add the character to the combat tracker? I’m going to have to check this after work.

grimmlock
March 25th, 2020, 12:12
Does it do it if you add the character to the combat tracker? I’m going to have to check this after work.

Added the character to the combat tracker, same results.

It does appear to be only for manual rolls from the character sheet. As long as the character is in the Combat Tracker and then if you drop the health all the way to zero the correct table is rolled on.

pr6i6e6st
March 25th, 2020, 12:18

Although, it is only for manual rolls. If you take the health all the way down to zero, then when it automatically rolls for critical injury, it's on the correct table.
Ok I’ll try to repair that later today. Thank you.

pr6i6e6st
March 25th, 2020, 19:25

It does appear to be only for manual rolls from the character sheet. As long as the character is in the Combat Tracker and then if you drop the health all the way to zero the correct table is rolled on.

Should be fixed now, appears to work and didn't find any new issues to come up yet.

zombielord
March 25th, 2020, 23:20
Thought I'd drop a message here. I found Alien rpg is currently 50% off to help those stuck at home. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/293976/ALIEN-RPG-Core-Rulebook

zombielord
March 27th, 2020, 21:47
AlienRPG Space Theme

V0.1
* I've converted / created some new fonts based on Laconic, and Nova Square fonts
(https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/laconic)
(https://blogfonts.com/nova-square.font)
* Created some variable brightness with those fonts to add emphasis and improve readabiltiy, changed the storytext background to be
* Created a new default desktop background
* Created New logo decals for the desktop.
* Create option to change those decals.
* Changed text background to semi-transparent green for "Library" texts.

V0.2
* I fixed a graphic error for the desktop background image
* Removed modifier box from the desktop
* Moved the default d6 dice location
* Moved the default dice pool location
* Moved all the default custom setting dice locations
* Created New sidebar image that shows computer-like sections
* Created new GM monochrome green monitor icon inspired by the Semiotic Standard icon for "Computer"
(Semiotic Standard is based on the glyphs from the Alien movie)
* Changed text background to nearly opaque black for "Library" texts.
(Was the preferred color to fit the theme and had better readability when I asked my players).

Click here to open Google Drive, and then Download the .ext file and place that file in your Fantasy Grounds Extensions folder (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuEVkYJU4Y8U2lDTmR2tvC9Q_oWNFSD1)

pr6i6e6st
April 2nd, 2020, 05:50
found a couple of bugs after playing today, I THINK I fixed them, though I'm not completely sure as I couldn't replicate some after my players had left, even if I used a second instance of fantasy grounds.

i had kept getting errors about timelimit, thirsty, hungry, sleepy, cold, but only while my players were there. nothing else caused the issue again. let me know if this is fixed and if it screws anything up. sorry for leaving it like that so long.

Naurthoron
April 2nd, 2020, 16:08

Faulty line
<announcement text="TUTORIAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrwy-EGyVJ4&t=0s" icon="mutant_year_zero_logo" font="systemfont" />

If you change it with "https://youtu.be/Zrwy-EGyVJ4" it does not complain anymore.