PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Alien RPG ruleset

Pages : 1 [2]

zombielord
April 3rd, 2020, 18:42
Found a couple of errors in my AlienRPG space theme. It works fine in Fantasy Grounds Classic, it has some errors with UNITY but I'll iron those out when (if) the ALIEN RPG ruleset gets updated.
Until then I hope you find it helpful.

pr6i6e6st
April 5th, 2020, 16:26
””

I just got unity last night so I can start trying to figure things out soon.

But I have a theory. I based my ruleset on the ”Mutant: Year Zero” extension. That ruleset used the ”curse of strahd” theme by Dammned I believe. I THINK that something about that theme is preventing the Alien RPG to load up properly. I just need to figure out how to cut it from the code. If you can figure it out first, let me know what you come up with.

zombielord
April 5th, 2020, 16:30
I can get it to load, and throw errors, the biggest being erroros in the column_number.lua script and the dice script saying Name (dS.6) must be alphanumeric value. I'll zip everything up so you can see what I've got at the moment.

zombielord
April 5th, 2020, 16:36
>> zipped up partially working file link was here <<
LINK REMOVED, File has been updated by pr6i6e6st

Still doesn't work but the errors are less.

Naurthoron
April 5th, 2020, 20:38
Hi, there is an issue with the font selected in the chat. The &apos character won't display correctly with the current font defined and it is also difficult if you want to display words in capital letters as per default everything is displayed as capital:

<!--Chat-->
<font name="systemfont">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/Computeristic.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf" name="Candara SDF" size="14" />
<color value="#34BF00" />
</font>

Naurthoron
April 6th, 2020, 22:41
Trying to build the critical injuries table, how do you specify you want it with a d66.
When creating the table out of values it chooses d56+10 and I don't seem to be able to modify it.

pr6i6e6st
April 6th, 2020, 22:43
Trying to build the critical injuries table, how do you specify you want it with a d66.
When creating the table out of values it chooses d56+10 and I don't seem to be able to modify it.
Drop the d60 and d6 into the custom dice field of the table. There's a d66 at the bottom with the dice

Naurthoron
April 6th, 2020, 22:48
Drop the d60 and d6 into the custom dice field of the table. There's a d66 at the bottom with the dice

Wonderful! Thank you!

YakubDrak
April 7th, 2020, 12:44
Hello pr6i6e6st,

Do you remember by chance how you put the custom dices into your ruleset & in the GUI ? Which files, directories & scripts ?
I understand that you used the Custom Dices extension (I posted there too), but unless I've not seen it, this solution do not allow to easily roll several customs dices (I'd be happy to be wrong on this one ;) ).

Sorry for being off topic here (I can create my own topic if you prefer), and thanks in advance for your help !

pr6i6e6st
April 7th, 2020, 13:02
Hello pr6i6e6st,

Do you remember by chance how you put the custom dices into your ruleset & in the GUI ? Which files, directories & scripts ?
I understand that you used the Custom Dices extension (I posted there too), but unless I've not seen it, this solution do not allow to easily roll several customs dices (I'd be happy to be wrong on this one ;) ).

Sorry for being off topic here (I can create my own topic if you prefer), and thanks in advance for your help !

Ok so to add them to the GUI, I believe I did that in desktop_pannel.xml.

I know I used the Mutant: Year Zero extension to start, which already had the custom dice extension included within it, so my ruleset has it built in as well. Basically you just include the files in your base.xml file.

I haven't been able to rig it to chat commands yet

phoenix39
April 7th, 2020, 16:59
Hello ! First, your work is really amazing ! So thank you very much !

Being new to FG, I looked at the guide to use combat tracker, but I have some difficulties to use it (I also looked some videos but categories, ... were different so ...). Would you know specific videos of documents which would fit with your ruleset please ?

pr6i6e6st
April 7th, 2020, 17:09
Hello ! First, your work is really amazing ! So thank you very much !

Being new to FG, I looked at the guide to use combat tracker, but I have some difficulties to use it (I also looked some videos but categories, ... were different so ...). Would you know specific videos of documents which would fit with your ruleset please ?

Much of the combat tracker doesn't function like other rule sets. Currently it just keeps track of turns, health, and can do some automated things like add stress when taking damage or rolling a critical injury when health reaches 0. Or you can set initiative from the combat tracker menu. Not much else for functionality in that way yet for the combat tracker

phoenix39
April 7th, 2020, 17:44
Oh thank you ! I though I was completely stupid ! :D

pr6i6e6st
April 10th, 2020, 07:09
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DBcYYGfWBhpww92Y-oTclwBSFw9Ew1Xr

Still doesn't work but the errors are less.
--file removed--
this seems to work for the most part, but I'm not seeing dice results in the chat. just text. not sure what's going on there. Also a lot of frames are missing from buttons for some reason, so likely the issue is connected?

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 02:57
unity compatibility is here! let me know of anything critical.

Silverwolf75
April 11th, 2020, 06:55
unity compatibility is here! let me know of anything critical.

Hmm does not show dices in ui except for standard d6? they are there just not visible

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 06:57
Hmm does not show dices in ui except for standard d6? they are there just not visible
these?

Silverwolf75
April 11th, 2020, 07:09
these?

Correct dont see those . i knew tey should be there so i could actually select them but not visible. and as well not visible in chat windows when rolled. but believe that was already mentioned

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 07:10
Correct dont see those . i knew tey should be there so i could actually select them but not visible. and as well not visible in chat windows when rolled. but believe that was already mentioned

which file are you using? the one from a few posts up? or from post 1?

Silverwolf75
April 11th, 2020, 07:11
which file are you using? the one from a few posts up? or from post 1?

from few posts back.

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 07:13
from few posts back.

sorry, go with post 1. i always put the current working version in there, anywhere else is probably just me asking for help or a quick testing.

Silverwolf75
April 11th, 2020, 07:15
sorry, go with post 1. i always put the current working version in there, anywhere else is probably just me asking for help or a quick testing.

wasnt there when i looked eysterday.. but just tried same. will try starting new campaign

nevermind ruleset had different name than other one. Has just dumped one form post 1 in folder and had expected it to overwrite old one. starting new campaign solved it

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 07:33
wasnt there when i looked eysterday.. but just tried same. will try starting new campaign

nevermind ruleset had different name than other one. Has just dumped one form post 1 in folder and had expected it to overwrite old one. starting new campaign solved it

i just updated it tonight about an hour or so ago, so you probably have an older version

Silverwolf75
April 11th, 2020, 07:40
i just updated it tonight about an hour or so ago, so you probably have an older version

yep. now all seems working.. was actually only looking for an alien dice roller to play online with some friends due to social distancing.. Our DM does not trust some payers to roll fair form at home ;-P Not sure if we will use character sheets and the rest. But will elt you know if we com accross anything ... now comes the hard part ... setting a date to play.

Thnx for an amazing job

pr6i6e6st
April 11th, 2020, 22:19
fixed the graphics of dice results. removed the dice expressions from die results as i can't figure out how to intercept that to give the appropriate expressions.

noticed that in unity, chat commands to roll the new die types works.

NotRussellCrowe
April 12th, 2020, 03:46
Good day!

I loaded the new version and get an console error trying to call isClientFGU when rolling dice. The chat window also seems to show all successes now regardless of what was rolled.

I'm running this in FG Classic.

pr6i6e6st
April 12th, 2020, 03:54
Good day!

I loaded the new version and get an console error trying to call isClientFGU when rolling dice. The chat window also seems to show all successes now regardless of what was rolled.

I'm running this in FG Classic.

i see what you mean. i just went and fixed that. I'll toy around a bit here, trying to work something out for the dice tower, then I'll have it fixed by tonight.

pr6i6e6st
April 12th, 2020, 04:34
done for now. made that fix, and rolls made in the dice tower will at least tell you how many dice are being rolled. so we're making headway.

Shep73
April 13th, 2020, 09:31
Hi guys, first off i have to applaud this, what an epic rules set. Second i have to apologise for being a bit of a FG noob. Ive loaded the Alien Pak file but when i go to create characters etc theres no content. Do i need to load another ruleset? ATM all my tabs are empty, talents, characters etc. please tell me what im doing wrong?

Silverwolf75
April 13th, 2020, 10:11
Hi guys, first off i have to applaud this, what an epic rules set. Second i have to apologise for being a bit of a FG noob. Ive loaded the Alien Pak file but when i go to create characters etc theres no content. Do i need to load another ruleset? ATM all my tabs are empty, talents, characters etc. please tell me what im doing wrong?

Your not doign anything wrong. ruleset just does dice etc. if you want content you would need to enter it yourself. ruleset just makes it easier to do so

Shep73
April 13th, 2020, 10:18
Your not doign anything wrong. ruleset just does dice etc. if you want content you would need to enter it yourself. ruleset just makes it easier to do so

Many thanks

daddystabz
April 13th, 2020, 10:31
Which link do I use to download the newest/most updated version of this, please? Also, how do I install it if it comes as a pak file?

grimmlock
April 13th, 2020, 13:45
Which link do I use to download the newest/most updated version of this, please? Also, how do I install it if it comes as a pak file?

In the first post of this thread you'll find the file to download. Any time it is updated, that post is always updated with the newest file. Just check the last edit date and you can see that it is up to date.
Permalink to that post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=449557&viewfull=1#post449557)

Place the downloaded .PAK file into the Rulesets folder in the Fantasy Grounds data files. The easiest way to find that folder is to launch Fantasy Grounds, then click on the folder icon on the launcher window directly above the version number.

Now, create a new campaign, and choose the AlienRPG Ruleset for the new game that you create.

Also, remember that this Ruleset will only work with Fantasy Grounds Classic and is not Fantasy Grounds Unity compatible.

pr6i6e6st
April 13th, 2020, 15:42
Also, remember that this Ruleset will only work with Fantasy Grounds Classic and is not Fantasy Grounds Unity compatible.

Thank you for helping out others.

The ruleset now appears to work with Unity. I bought it the other week and started working things out. Let me know if anything about that changes.

zombielord
April 13th, 2020, 22:17
Thanks for updating the ruleset to UNITY.

I've updated and adapted the theme I've worked up for UNITY (there's still more work to be done but it works now).
AlienRPG_Space_Theme-Unity
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FTP5yasXTqm7QMYb5E-eCfHQuQVXUhvK

JubiladosdeArkham
April 15th, 2020, 00:05
Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've created a new campaign in Unity and everything went crazy. Here is the log:
[4/15/2020 12:56:55 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-14)
[4/15/2020 12:56:55 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/15/2020 12:57:44 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [pendragon2009]
[4/15/2020 12:57:48 AM] Game server started. []
[4/15/2020 12:57:48 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/15/2020 12:57:48 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[4/15/2020 12:57:48 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[4/15/2020 12:58:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/fonts/AdobeBlank.ttf) for font (dieresult). [AlienRPG] [graphics/fonts/base.xml]
[4/15/2020 12:58:12 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (weaponrange) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:12 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (sizecategory) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:12 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (ss_weaponrange) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:12 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (ss_hardpoint) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:13 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (sizecategory) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:13 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (AlienRPG) (sizecategory) (common/script/column_number.lua)
[4/15/2020 12:58:13 AM] [WARNING] UI: Could not find dice expression font (FIXLATER)
[4/15/2020 12:58:13 AM] [WARNING] Frame desktop contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[4/15/2020 12:58:14 AM] s'dS onInit called'
[4/15/2020 12:58:15 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (chattime)
[4/15/2020 12:58:17 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (chattime)

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 00:07
Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've created a new campaign in Unity and everything went crazy. Here is the log:

The last update for unity made some fonts of their own and mine break it appears. Just have to wait to see what they do unfortunately

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 00:08
On a plus, I notice unity version runs much faster

JubiladosdeArkham
April 15th, 2020, 00:21
The last update for unity made some fonts of their own and mine break it appears. Just have to wait to see what they do unfortunately

We will wait then :o

On a plus, I notice unity version runs much faster

Yeah, much much faster. For me that I've been running FG all this years on a Mac it's amazing XDDD

Thanks for the work pr6i6e6st.

zombielord
April 15th, 2020, 01:16
Made a fix. I created a true type font and then created the fgf file.
Here's the code to insert into graphics\fonts\base.xml

<font name="dieresult">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/dots.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/dots.ttf" name="AdobeBlank" size="12" />
<color value="#ffffff" />
</font>

You will also have to unzip and ad the dots fonts to graphics/fonts

UPDATE: dots font removed, created an invisible font

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 01:20
Made a fix. I created a true type font and then created the fgf file.
Here's the code to insert into graphics\fonts\base.xml

You will also have to unzip and ad the dots fonts to graphics/fonts

awesome, i am going to toss this in right away, thank you

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 02:02
just updated. some text still looks a little whispy i feel but i did up the size of most ttf fonts.

zombielord
April 15th, 2020, 02:30
I did notice the dots in the dice font on the numbered text I've re-created the font and moved the dot in each glyph and made it as small as the software I am using allows. I've loaded it here so you can update when convenient (sorry I didn't do a better check sooner, I wanted to push the fix, quickly).

<font name="dieresult">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/dots.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/dots.ttf" name="dots" size="12" />
<color value="#ffffff" />
</font>

I'm gonna do some checking and see if upscaling the die icons will make things look a bit cleaner.

UPDATE: dots font removed, created an invisible font

zombielord
April 15th, 2020, 03:29
I create Up-sized Dice Icons based on photos of the dice for the graphics\icons folder
[re-created & updated the font, link in another post]

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 03:45
I create Up-sized Dice Icons based on photos of the dice for the graphics\icons folder

just tossed that in, got your dots. i upsized a couple fonts. not certain what to do about the "current/max" label on the critical injuries section, it's fine in classic but not in FGU.

zombielord
April 15th, 2020, 04:06
I'll do some looking into the character sheet.

I've also updated the d6 graphics located and made a d6.zip file to extract those graphics at graphics\dice\d6

In graphics\graphics_frames

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/xenomorphhivetexture.png" />
<top rect="0,0,1500,1125" />

<middle rect="0,1080,1764,200" />
</framedef>

If you update the code with the following it plays nicely with 4k displays.

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/xenomorphhivetexture.png" />
<!--<top rect="0,0,1500,1125" />-->
<middle rect="0,0,1500,1125" />
</framedef>

For better readability update sheetlabelmini in \graphics\fonts.xml Note: you will have to extract the fonts zip to the \graphics\fonts folder

<font name="sheetlabelmini">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/LibreBaskerville-Regular-8" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/LibreBaskerville-Regular.ttf" size="10" />
</font>

In graphics\graphics_icons.xml need to add the following to the <!-- Sidebar --> area

<icon name="button_assets" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png" />
<icon name="button_assets_down" file="graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png" />

I've got a Fix for the Character sheet but it's not the most elegant solution.
In campaign\record_char_talents.xml update

<label name="timelimitlabel">
<anchored to="wrightanchor" width="100" height="20">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="0" />
</anchored>
<color>000000</color>
<static textres="record_talents_timelimit_label" />
</label>
In strings\strings.xml update

<string name="record_talents_timelimit_label">Cur./ Max (Time Limit)</string>
<string name="record_talents_timelimitMax_label"></string><!--Max-->
<string name="record_talents_timelimitCurrent_label"></string><!--Current-->

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 06:45
I'll do some looking into the character sheet. I've also updated the d6 graphics located at graphics\dice\d6

UPDATE: I've done some digging but I evidently can't find the right section for "current/max" to even tweak it.

campaign/record_char_talents.xml; lines 642-655. might just need to rewrite the anchor i guess, since that seems to fit the pattern. i'm done for the night, i'll pick back up on this later.

zombielord
April 15th, 2020, 07:49
I was updating my above post with various updates. For the character sheet I just re-wrote the Time Limit text and zero-ed out the other. It's a dirty fix but it works and should work on Classic & Unity without any issue.

pr6i6e6st
April 15th, 2020, 17:46
I'll do some looking into the character sheet.

I've also updated the d6 graphics located and made a d6.zip file to extract those graphics at graphics\dice\d6

In graphics\graphics_frames

If you update the code with the following it plays nicely with 4k displays.

For better readability update sheetlabelmini in \graphics\fonts.xml Note: you will have to extract the fonts zip to the \graphics\fonts folder

In graphics\graphics_icons.xml need to add the following to the <!-- Sidebar --> area

I've got a Fix for the Character sheet but it's not the most elegant solution.
In campaign\record_char_talents.xml update

In strings\strings.xml update

great stuff! just implemented these. had to dump some unused graphics i knew of and the ones for the unused dice so i could keep the file size down. the forums won't let me post anything above 8MB i think. if i get too expansive, I'll have to start using dropbox or something.

zombielord
April 16th, 2020, 22:31
Grabbed the latest release, and I've done alot of work on the built-in theme:
Changed all fonts to ones that allow distribution, and even commercial usage (Some of the fonts in the original theme had restriction
Removed non-used fonts to keep file size down.
Removed unused decal
Added some font color variation (all still green) for bold, italic, and bold-italic fonts
Resized the toolbar fonts so they fit in frame
Moved the default dice locations
Removed the unused language dropdown
Created a brand new font called Invisible (no more dots font).
Adjusted the charcter sheet slightly for the new fonts
A few image enhancements (sharpened all images for the character sheet, modified the sidebar buttons)
Added a few items to the loading text when the ruleset is loaded (links to Alien RPG ebooks, game trailer, and added a credit line for some of the contributions)

NOTE: There is an issue with the character sheet only linking to CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS (this was already addressed earlier, maybe the fix wasn't applied to the last distro file?)

pr6i6e6st
April 17th, 2020, 01:41
NOTE: There is an issue with the character sheet only linking to CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS (this was already addressed earlier, maybe the fix wasn't applied to the last distro file?)

I'll check that file out in a bit. i'm not replicating this issue in the quotes with the file that i uploaded last, so I'll see what's going on there.

edit: just tried, and until the character has entered the character sheet, it appears the change of "human to synthetic" does nothing for changing the type. so, maybe i need to set health.synthornot on init or something

pr6i6e6st
April 17th, 2020, 02:20
Grabbed the latest release, and I've done alot of work on the built-in theme:
Changed all fonts to ones that allow distribution, and even commercial usage (Some of the fonts in the original theme had restriction
Removed non-used fonts to keep file size down.
Removed unused decal
Added some font color variation (all still green) for bold, italic, and bold-italic fonts
Resized the toolbar fonts so they fit in frame
Moved the default dice locations
Removed the unused language dropdown
Created a brand new font called Invisible (no more dots font).
Adjusted the charcter sheet slightly for the new fonts
A few image enhancements (sharpened all images for the character sheet, modified the sidebar buttons)
Added a few items to the loading text when the ruleset is loaded (links to Alien RPG ebooks, game trailer, and added a credit line for some of the contributions)

just fixed that i believe, make sure for me if you got time. and included your improvements.

edit, nope, no i didn't include your improvements. shoot. gimme a bit here, I'll fix that.

pr6i6e6st
April 17th, 2020, 03:03
ok NOW it should be fixed and include your fixes >.>

zombielord
April 17th, 2020, 05:43
Works, great! Looks like it's 100% functional, and 98% graphically good (there's still a few minor things to iron out, but I'm gonna finish the GM section of the book, and a few odds and ends like vehicles / careers so I can run a game or two).

On my end, I found the invisible font doesn't play nicely with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I've built in a work around, and also removed the invisible.fgf file to reduce file size.

UPDATE: 04-22-2020 (Minor character sheet graphic changes)

Changed default Character sheet size to a larger size by default, and set max size (fixes some graphic issues with UNITY)
Changed font for multi-line char sheet inputs. Font fits better for user input.
Increased smallest font size and adjusted character sheet.

UPDATE: 04-24-2020 (More graphic updates)

Updates focused on UNITY, but cross-testing with Classic for compatibility
Updated loading info to give credits with brief step-by-step instructions for Calendar setup.
Added a banner graphic for the ALIEN rpg
Fixed graphic issue with library options having misaligned icons (Thanks Talyn)
Updated some UI graphics for a more consistent look.
Reduced number of FGF fonts but kept some for Fantasy Grounds Classic usability
Cleaned up some code

pr6i6e6st
April 26th, 2020, 07:37
Works, great! Looks like it's 100% functional, and 98% graphically good (there's still a few minor things to iron out, but I'm gonna finish the GM section of the book, and a few odds and ends like vehicles / careers so I can run a game or two).

On my end, I found the invisible font doesn't play nicely with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I've built in a work around, and also removed the invisible.fgf file to reduce file size.

UPDATE: 04-22-2020 (Minor character sheet graphic changes)

Changed default Character sheet size to a larger size by default, and set max size (fixes some graphic issues with UNITY)
Changed font for multi-line char sheet inputs. Font fits better for user input.
Increased smallest font size and adjusted character sheet.

UPDATE: 04-24-2020 (More graphic updates)

Updates focused on UNITY, but cross-testing with Classic for compatibility
Updated loading info to give credits with brief step-by-step instructions for Calendar setup.
Added a banner graphic for the ALIEN rpg
Fixed graphic issue with library options having misaligned icons (Thanks Talyn)
Updated some UI graphics for a more consistent look.
Reduced number of FGF fonts but kept some for Fantasy Grounds Classic usability
Cleaned up some code

Just took this and fixed the armor rolls and added them to the main tab for easy access to roll from. fixed the encumbrance text. also fixed the career section of the character sheet to show the shortcut for the career dropped on.

Weissrolf
April 26th, 2020, 09:54
This looks good. I just downloaded it, created a campaign and then tried to create a character. Unfortunately I was immediately greeted by an error message:

"Script Error: [string "currentminute"]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nNew' (a nil value)"

pr6i6e6st
April 26th, 2020, 13:32
This looks good. I just downloaded it, created a campaign and then tried to create a character. Unfortunately I was immediately greeted by an error message:

"Script Error: [string "currentminute"]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nNew' (a nil value)"

Read the notice in the chat at loadup. You need to set up your calendar

pr6i6e6st
April 27th, 2020, 04:41
just added healing for humans when a turn has gone by, added a message for when the error about calendar stuff comes up. minor fixes.

edit: if you nabbed that update before i brought out this new one, i just updated again to make the healing independent from stress loss/gain.
edit2: i uhm, had to fix that again. it should work fine now.
edit3: guess i lied (fml) now it works, i tried, i tried every imaginable way i could think of this time before updating. if it's still broken, i need rest i guess lol.

zombielord
April 27th, 2020, 06:29
Awesome that you're still plugging away and adding more features. I look forward to giving it a go.
(Think I might give some time to learning some LUA, do you have suggestions? Currently I do most of my coding or scripting using Notepad ++)

pr6i6e6st
April 27th, 2020, 07:43
Awesome that you're still plugging away and adding more features. I look forward to giving it a go.
(Think I might give some time to learning some LUA, do you have suggestions? Currently I do most of my coding or scripting using Notepad ++)
thank you.
god that was a struggle but i managed to discover and fix an error with stress acting like an hour went by if your stress was reduced at any hour at 00:59 then the time was advanced forward.

i also use Notepad++. if you wanted to look at things to script for this with lua, some functions for players to drop a number on an NPC (be it on its token or on the combat tracker) to damage it would be great.

for something maybe a bit more simple and you could use existing code within my ruleset as a template, you could look into functions for conditions/supply automation.

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 04:39
just fixed up the conditions and "stressed" button affiliation and automatic rolls will now occur for starvation and thirst.

edit: changes were to record_char_main_2.xml, there were also some structural code i changed for armor rolls and stuff, mostly referencing the DB rather than the control value

also, for the automatic rolls to occur, a player must be in control of the PC.

Silverwolf75
April 28th, 2020, 19:44
Could it be that strength based skills dont roll properly. have 1 heavy machinery + 4 strength and if i click it it rolls: 3 dices ?

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 19:46
Could it be that strength based skills dont roll properly. have 1 heavy machinery + 4 strength and if i click it it rolls: 3 dices ?

right, i see that. . .I'll fix that along with what i was working on. I'll have something done before a couple hours go by i think

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 19:48

actually, try changing your attribute/skills. seemed after adjusting the numbers it worked fine again

edit: nvm hold on

found the issue, it's looking for stamina instead of strength. I'll get that fixed pronto

zombielord
April 28th, 2020, 20:24
Combined the graphic updates with your last update

More graphic updates.
Reduced number of FGF fonts to only those needed by FGC
Added 2 new font colors for Itallic & Bold Italic fonts to help delineate the different glyph effects (let me know if you prefer only the green fonts, I added this because UNIT is ignoring the font italics tag, and doesn't use FGF fonts).
Created custom Visible / Invisible icons
Edited graphics for Combat Tracker.
Edited graphics for Fantasy Grounds standard buttons

HOLD ON, seen you had another update today. I'll repackage the file after I download your newest pack.

Silverwolf75
April 28th, 2020, 20:52
tried swaping strength en stamina.. worked on some characters but not others.

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 20:56
tried swaping strength en stamina.. worked on some characters but not others.

no no, it's something i have to do in the code. I've got it fixed, I've just got to look into Zombielord's stuff here now to see what i need to add

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 21:00
Combined the graphic updates with your last update

More graphic updates.
Added 2 new font colors for Itallic & Bold Italic fonts to help delineate the different glyph effects (let me know if you prefer only the green fonts, I added this because UNIT is ignoring the font italics tag, and doesn't use FGF fonts).

HOLD ON, seen you had another update today. I'll repackage the file after I download your newest pack.

sorry. I just put out another to fix the mistake silverwolf was talking about and i fixed a bit with the combat tracker stuff. you should be ok to go for now.

i had changed stuff about "synthornot", "charactertype" on the ct_host.xml (around line 412)

i changed a bit about the ct_entry.lua around line 106

i changed stuff about "synthornot" on the record_char_main2.xml as well as all the skill rolls

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 21:20
edit: for everyone else, i've included this into the new update on the main page, if you can't wait for zombielord's work.

original:
man, hold on, agility based skills are off, can you work this into your fix? on record_char_main2.xml, starting at lines 2535 for ranged combat, we need to change something. where it says

local nValue = DB.getValue(nodeActor, "rangedcombat.slot.amount", 0) + DB.getValue(nodeActor, "empathy.slot.amount", 0) + ModifierStack.getSum();
local nTotal = DB.getValue(nodeActor, "rangedcombat.slot.amount", 0) + DB.getValue(nodeActor, "empathy.slot.amount", 0) + ModifierStack.getSum().."dB";

can you replace it with

local nValue = DB.getValue(nodeActor, "rangedcombat.slot.amount", 0) + DB.getValue(nodeActor, "agility.slot.amount", 0) + ModifierStack.getSum();
local nTotal = DB.getValue(nodeActor, "rangedcombat.slot.amount", 0) + DB.getValue(nodeActor, "agility.slot.amount", 0) + ModifierStack.getSum().."dB";

this needs to be done for mobility and piloting as well

there will be multiple locations where you will find that within each control

orrr just include this file if you did nothing to that file

zombielord
April 28th, 2020, 22:57
Updated pak file includes xml record_char_main2.xml
More graphic updates.
Updated file/folders
graphics\fonts
graphics\sidebar
graphics\frames
graphics_fonts.xml
graphics_icons.xml

pr6i6e6st
April 28th, 2020, 23:04
Updated pak file includes xml record_char_main2.xml
More graphic updates.
Updated file/folders
graphics\fonts
graphics\sidebar
graphics\frames
graphics_fonts.xml
graphics_icons.xml

fantastic! looks good so far! i'll toss this up top with your notes

edit: i don't know if I've said thank you for your contributions yet, but a big thank you either way.

NotRussellCrowe
April 29th, 2020, 00:09
fantastic! looks good so far! i'll toss this up top with your notes

edit: i don't know if I've said thank you for your contributions yet, but a big thank you either way.

Indeed, this rule set is fantastic!

I do have one question though, I'm running in FG Classic and have the latest version and noticed that the reference manual header colours are quite off. Is it me and something I did or is it like this for everyone? If so can it be changed?

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 00:31
Indeed, this rule set is fantastic!

I do have one question though, I'm running in FG Classic and have the latest version and noticed that the reference manual header colours are quite off. Is it me and something I did or is it like this for everyone? If so can it be changed?

that's the "computeristic" font, i believe. as a quick and cheap fix, you could open the pak file, go into graphics, fonts, and replace it by putting something you like better in there
(or duplicating an existing file) and renaming it the to the same as the computeristic.fgf file. i'm sure that's next on zombielord's list of things to do as he's been hard at work at a graphics overhaul

alternatively, you could replace this file within the pak archive

zombielord
April 29th, 2020, 02:19
Thanks pr6i6e6st, I try to make things on-theme but improve usability, and readability.

I've been focusing on Fantasy Grounds Unity, and going back an checking things with Classic. They handle each fonts differently and I've been working on getting file size down but keep things clean and functional.

@NotRussellCrowe
I've made a new pak file that uses a bigger fgf font for the headers and I've swapped out the Computeristic font (Never really liked it since it had an incomplete glyph set).
I've added slight color variation to make it easier to go through the text and find things so its not a literal wall of text (however I did work to try and make the color variation slight and on-theme).
Hopefully this fixes your issue. If your issue is specifically that you want all fonts the same exact green I can bash out a quick theme.

UPDATE: 4/2/8/20 10:30
Updated Default window theme
Changed Window Header font to be the same as sidebar, and edited graphics to be similar
Updated partysheet to match character sheet, and combat tracker theme
Updated and added fonts for Fantasy Grounds Classic
Compressed image files for smaller PAK files size

To-Do: Create / apply theme to TOKENS window for UNITY

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 07:28
Thanks pr6i6e6st, I try to make things on-theme but improve usability, and readability.

I've been focusing on Fantasy Grounds Unity, and going back an checking things with Classic. They handle each fonts differently and I've been working on getting file size down but keep things clean and functional.

@NotRussellCrowe
I've made a new pak file that uses a bigger fgf font for the headers and I've swapped out the Computeristic font (Never really liked it since it had an incomplete glyph set).
I've added slight color variation to make it easier to go through the text and find things so its not a literal wall of text (however I did work to try and make the color variation slight and on-theme).
Hopefully this fixes your issue. If your issue is specifically that you want all fonts the same exact green I can bash out a quick theme.

UPDATE: 4/2/8/20 10:30
Updated Default window theme
Changed Window Header font to be the same as sidebar, and edited graphics to be similar
Updated partysheet to match character sheet, and combat tracker theme
Updated and added fonts for Fantasy Grounds Classic
Compressed image files for smaller PAK files size

To-Do: Create / apply theme to TOKENS window for UNITY

that's awesome! i just tossed that all into the new pak file, i had decided to keep plugging away tonight as i have a game tomorrow, and got it so conditions can prevent you from recovering health, and have started building up some functions so i can reduce the amount of redundant code. after that, i want to start getting targeting, resistance/weaknesses, and talents/special abilities rigged up. the last one might be a struggle as i've yet to understand the stringmanager and the 5e effectsmanager but one day at a time i suppose.

thanks again, keep up the great work and i'll be chatting with you again.

NotRussellCrowe
April 29th, 2020, 12:36

@NotRussellCrowe

Thank you for your help. It must be a me or FGC issue because the ref manual headers are still a pale orange colour and not readable. I think it's a little better but still very difficult to read.

The new green font looks nice.

zombielord
April 29th, 2020, 17:37
Thank you for your help. It must be a me or FGC issue because the ref manual headers are still a pale orange colour and not readable. I think it's a little better but still very difficult to read.

The new green font looks nice.

I'm not seeing this issue in my testing. I'm gonna send you a message

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 17:40
I'm not seeing this issue in my testing. I'm gonna send you a message

it appears they've compiled it into a reference manual using the Author extension, so it looks more like an official module. chances could be that the code for the reference manual window is changing the closed chapter headers..

NotRussellCrowe
April 29th, 2020, 17:43
it appears they've compiled it into a reference manual using the Author extension, so it looks more like an official module. chances could be that the code for the reference manual window is changing the closed chapter headers..

Yes, I am using the Author extension to generate a reference manual.

Is there something I can look at to help diagnose this?

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 17:48
Yes, I am using the Author extension to generate a reference manual.

Is there something I can look at to help diagnose this?

try adding this to the graphics_fonts.xml within the graphics folder of the ruleset and tell me if that works

<font name="reference-h">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Nobile-Regular.ttf" name="Nobile-Regular SDF" size="24" />
</font>

or just replace the file with this one below

NotRussellCrowe
April 29th, 2020, 17:57
try adding this to the graphics_fonts.xml within the graphics folder of the ruleset and tell me if that works

<font name="reference-h">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Nobile-Regular.ttf" name="Nobile-Regular SDF" size="24" />
</font>

or just replace the file with this one below

I downloaded your xml and dropped it in the rule set but that does not seem to make a difference.

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 18:01
I downloaded your xml and dropped it in the rule set but that does not seem to make a difference.
Ok, so maybe it’s going to be a bit more digging than a missing font definition I guess :/ alright I’ll have to make a reference myself and look into this

NotRussellCrowe
April 29th, 2020, 18:04
Ok, so maybe it’s going to be a bit more digging than a missing font definition I guess :/ alright I’ll have to make a reference myself and look into this

If this is due to me running FG Classic and is not an issue in Unity then maybe it's best to just forget about it and focus on the future? I really need to not be lazy and download FGU and give it a shot anyways.

zombielord
April 29th, 2020, 20:21
After doing some comparing and contrasting, I've found the issue is with the font type used for the Reference Headers for modules created with the "Author extension" Unfortunately I cannot find what font is being called for the headers in the created "Reference" section that is created when using the Author extension.
I can verify that the issue also exists with UNITY+Author Extension

I will do some further investigation to try and find a fix.
Currently I will say that the Author extension isn't fully supported, BUT modules created the traditional way works fine.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41833-Project-Author&highlight=author+extension

pr6i6e6st
April 29th, 2020, 22:14
in the mean time, since i'm putting my players through a radiation zone (LV-426) today, i added a tick box to the radiation section, and if it's checked, you can't automatically regain health, as per the radiation rules while in an irradiated zone.

zombielord
April 30th, 2020, 03:13
Used your latest public version and added more theme updates.

Note: Haven't figure out how to add 100% compatibility with the "Author" community extension.
Updated base.xml to include calander utilities
created utility folder and modified calander code for font color
updated graphics_frames.xml
modified graphics_fonts for better display on Fantasy Grounds Classic
Created Tokenbag window graphic

On a different note, I've simplified and re-created the Space Theme (since many graphic updates were rolled into the ruleset theme).
It's has 4 different desktop decals, a starfield wallpaper, and a Computer GM graphic.

Update: 5/1/20

fixed a naming issue with option name note resolving with the right decal.
Added a graphic for broken or newly created empty links [ ? ] (I will roll this in with the next update for the AlienRPG theme, but that will be a bit.)

Update 9/13/20 V0.41

minor update to enable the theme to load with the latest version of UNITY.

NotRussellCrowe
April 30th, 2020, 14:18

Note: Haven't figure out how to add 100% compatibility with the "Author" community extension.

On a different note, I've simplified and re-created the Space Theme (since many graphic updates were rolled into the ruleset theme).
It's has 4 different desktop decals, a starfield wallpaper, and a Computer GM graphic.

I really like the new theme. The starfield background really does it for me. Thank you!

pr6i6e6st
April 30th, 2020, 18:58

Ok, I don’t know if I got your newest file before I started working away last night, but I’m working on the record_char_main2.xml and the manager_char.lua to bring more automation to the radiation section. Hopefully I won’t interfere with your work that way and when I get my end done I can just grab your most recent pak and drop my files in when I’m done later.

Edit: reminder to myself, I need to rig up radiation recovery, I also need to make it so radiation points don’t exceed the max. At the same time I can try to make so stress won’t be reduced below 0, thus displaying oddly in chat.

zombielord
April 30th, 2020, 21:41
Ok, I don’t know if I got your newest file before I started working away last night, but I’m working on the record_char_main2.xml and the manager_char.lua to bring more automation to the radiation section. Hopefully I won’t interfere with your work that way and when I get my end done I can just grab your most recent pak and drop my files in when I’m done later.

Edit: reminder to myself, I need to rig up radiation recovery, I also need to make it so radiation points don’t exceed the max. At the same time I can try to make so stress won’t be reduced below 0, thus displaying oddly in chat.

I've been trying to add notes as to what's been edited.
I have finally fixed the issue with the theme compatibility with the Author extension. (Had to add additional font references).
I haven't worked with the record_char_main2.xml or the manager_char.lua so it should be as simple as overwriting those files and re-package.

NotRussellCrowe
April 30th, 2020, 23:47
I have finally fixed the issue with the theme compatibility with the Author extension. (Had to add additional font references).

That looks great. Thank you very much!

pr6i6e6st
May 1st, 2020, 04:19
OH BABY! radiation is almost fully automated, you still need to adjust your health when you take damage and you still need to add permanent radiation points when you get those. but i THINK everything else is working just great. i took the code from the critical injuries and reworked them so that it will take into account rounds, minutes and hours depending on the setting.

travin
May 1st, 2020, 06:17
Anyone know of a set of modules that include NPC, Items, and Tables? Was hoping this pak had it but guess not.

pr6i6e6st
May 1st, 2020, 06:18
Anyone know of a set of modules that include NPC, Items, and Tables? Was hoping this pak had it but guess not.

no, where this is not official, you have to enter that information manually from your books/pdf's, unfortunatly

pr6i6e6st
May 1st, 2020, 14:38
i think i just fixed the repetativeness of the stress reduction/addition messages. might need more testing but i used a different formula that should be right.

silentwalker99
May 1st, 2020, 16:10
This is really nice, not had too much chance to delve into it yet. Thank you :)

duff563
May 2nd, 2020, 03:01
Running another session on Saturday night, panic rolls are broken, not adding in the stress amounts.... how to fix?

New interface and sheets look AWESOME!

pr6i6e6st
May 2nd, 2020, 03:04
Running another session on Saturday night, panic rolls are broken, not adding in the stress amounts.... how to fix?

New interface and sheets look AWESOME!
looks fine on my end though the number shown in chat isn't showing the full result number after stress. you able to pop on discord?
also about to put out a new update if it looks ok

duff563
May 2nd, 2020, 03:05
one sec, will be online

pr6i6e6st
May 2nd, 2020, 04:03
. . . panic rolls are broken, not adding in the stress amounts.... !

should be all fixed now :D thanks for working that out with me

pr6i6e6st
May 2nd, 2020, 08:05
Added a Day adjuster to the timer and fixed the vehicle details. Couldn’t stand having to think so much for FTL travel in our campaign.

pr6i6e6st
May 3rd, 2020, 01:42
added automated supply rolls with tracking toggles!

zombielord
May 3rd, 2020, 04:49
I like the cleaner look for the timer pr6i6e6st. You're really adding alot of automation. That's really cool. Thanks for your hard work.

I'm starting to wind down on the GUI, everything seems pretty good on the usability and readability areas and the theme feels pretty cohesive.

Minor graphic updates(nothing majorly new)
Went back through the character sheet and cleaned up text and re-created texts for easier readability. (Things like frame header, and bonus / damage / range columns, etc.)
Made a broken link icon so you can see your unlinked items when creating story entries.

damned
May 3rd, 2020, 05:04
Great work guys. keep up the solid work!

pr6i6e6st
May 3rd, 2020, 14:39
I'm going to try and edit this post later, i'm heading to work and i want to see if someone can help me figure out what's quite wrong with it. it's for the freezing condition

Edit: what I want to happen:
(RadStrength is leftover from using the same code as the radiation script on manager_char.lua)

If conditions.cold is 1
When cold.strength is 0:
-if the number of minutes that have passed is equal to or greater than a game.turn, if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.
-if a whole hour or more has passed if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.
-if a whole day has passed if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.

When cold.strength is 1:
-if the number of hours that has passed is equal to or greater than a game.shift, if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.
-if a whole day has passed, if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.

When cold.strength is 2:
-if a day has passed, if health.current is greater than 0, roll stamina; if health.current is 0, roll deathroll.
Edit: after reviewing this in a different light, I think I see my problem.

function onSourceChanged(nodeChar)
local RadStrength = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.strength", 0);
Debug.console("CharManager, RadStrength = ", RadStrength);
if RadStrength == 2 then
newLimit = 1;
Debug.console("CharManager, onSourceChanged, newLimit = ", newLimit);

end
if RadStrength == 1 then
newLimit = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.shift", 0);
end
if RadStrength == 0 then
newLimit = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.turn", 0);
end

DB.setValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimit", "number", newLimit);
local TimeLimit = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimit", 0);

local TimeLimitFactor = CheckTimeLimitFactor(nodeChar);
if TimeLimitFactor == 0 then
onCheckDay();
onCheckMinute();

if MinuteDifference > DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.turn", 0) and MinuteDifference < 60 then
nMaths = 60 / DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.turn", 0);
Reduced = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0) - nMaths;
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", "number", Reduced)
bMinute = false;
nOldMinute = DB.getValue("calendar.current.minute");
nOldHour = DB.getValue("calendar.current.hour");
nOldRound = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day");
nNewMinute = 0;
NewHour = 0;
NewDay = 0;
if DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0) <= 0 then
if DB.getValue(nodeChar, "health.current", 0) > 0 then
throwStamina(nodeChar);
elseif DB.getValue(nodeChar, "health.current", 0) == 0 then
throwDeathRoll(nodeChar);
end
Debug.console("CharManager, onSourceChanged, cold.timelimitcurrent = ", DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0));
end
elseif MinuteDifference < 1 or MinuteDifference > 59 then
onCheckHour();
if HourDifference > 0 and HourDifference < 23 then
nMaths = 3600 / DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.shift", 0);

if DB.getValue(nodeChar, "conditions.cold", 0) == 1 then
bHour = false;
nOldRound = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day");
NewDay = 0;
NewHour = 0;
throwStamina(nodeChar);
end
end

end
end
elseif TimeLimitFactor == 1 then
onCheckDay();
onCheckMinute();
if HourDifference > DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.hour", 0) and HourDifference < 59 then
Reduced = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0) - 1;
bMinute = false;
nNewMinute = 0;
NewHour = 0;
NewDay = 0;
throwStamina(nodeChar);
end
end

elseif HourDifference < 1 or HourDifference > 59 then
onCheckMinute();
if MinuteDifference > 0 and MinuteDifference < 23 then
nMaths = 60 / DB.getValue(nodeChar, "game.turn", 0);
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", "number", Reduced);

bMinute = false;
nNewMinute = 0;
NewHour = 0;
NewDay = 0;
throwStamina(nodeChar);
end
end

end
end
elseif TimeLimitFactor == 2 then
onCheckDay();
onCheckHour();

if DayDifference >= 0 then
Reduced = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0) - 1;
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", "number", Reduced);
bHour = false;
nOldDay = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day");
nOldDay = DB.getValue("calendar.current.minute");
NewDay = 0;
throwStamina(nodeChar);
end
end

if DB.getValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", 0) <= 0 then
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "cold.timelimitcurrent", "number", TimeLimit);
Debug.console("CharManager, onSourceChanged, cold.timelimitcurrent = ", TimeLimit);
end
end
end
end

Wbweather
May 5th, 2020, 19:01
I love this and what you have created. I have a feeling I am missing out on how a lot of the automation works. I'm continuing to learn as I build tables and import Items and characters. I don't know if I am setting the calendar correctly or am missing something on the character sheet, because I'm not seeing the automatic healing taking place. The more I play with this ruleset, the more impressive it gets though. Thanks for doing this.

pr6i6e6st
May 5th, 2020, 19:10
I love this and what you have created. I have a feeling I am missing out on how a lot of the automation works. I'm continuing to learn as I build tables and import Items and characters. I don't know if I am setting the calendar correctly or am missing something on the character sheet, because I'm not seeing the automatic healing taking place. The more I play with this ruleset, the more impressive it gets though. Thanks for doing this.

automated healing works as stated in the rules where if you are not suffering from a condition, are not exposed to irradiation, and a turn goes by, you gain a point. you also have to be human. i'm not seeing any issues with it at the moment

BUT i am currently in the process of changing how i check for time differences, by converting the dates to seconds, rather than relying on too many scenarios. hopefully i'll get this all beat out before too long. might have to settle and ignore months somehow, as that's my current stumping factor. thank you for sticking through it.

Wbweather
May 5th, 2020, 19:26
I'm certain any issues I am having are due to my ignorance.

pr6i6e6st
May 5th, 2020, 19:36
I'm certain any issues I am having are due to my ignorance.

i plan to make an updated video at some point when i get this mechanic and a couple others worked out.

but here's a checklist:
-calendar is set up
-shift/round is set up
-human/synth button above health is set as desired (click to change)
-"Stressed" button means you are in a stressful situation and thus can't lose stress over time, if you are looking for stress loss
-are your conditions toggled on(black) or off(white)?
-is the panicking button toggled on or off? set this to on only when you are panicking. when you stop panicking, click it off.
-some functions need you to be on the combat tracker or for a player to have control of the PC.
-are your items set to the right type? click where it says "gear" to set it to the appropriate type of item
-are your items equipped? armor, weapons, power supplies and air supplies must be equipped.
-MaxHealth is not automatically set yet, you may set this with the field below the health section
-the Panic Mod modifies the result you get on your panic results
-combat type changes the panic table to roll on
-NPC's can be set to a creature, or npc; you can decide if they roll on a Human, Synth, or custom defined table by cycling the other button next to it.
-Vehicles can be changed by clicking on the vehicle type section.

hopefully this gets you started

Wbweather
May 5th, 2020, 20:09
Definitely. Thanks!

Weissrolf
May 7th, 2020, 08:16
This looks like a great extension/mod/ruleset!

Any chance that we could get the clock as a separate extension for use in other rulesets?

pr6i6e6st
May 7th, 2020, 16:46
This looks like a great extension/mod/ruleset!

Any chance that we could get the clock as a separate extension for use in other rulesets?

thanks! i was looking for a reason to do that so i could also use it in other games, here you go! :D https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=506346#post506346

Weissrolf
May 10th, 2020, 20:15
:thumbs_up:

pr6i6e6st
May 11th, 2020, 07:29
alright boys and girls. i think i've finally worked out some decent functions to help me with getting accurate passes of time. i went ahead and put some basic level of this onto the conditions, consumables and radiation. if you are testing, please focus on those and try to let me know if something isn't functioning properly.

if a mechanic is say watching for a turn, and instead an entire hour or day passes, things might not act quite as intended. so if you are tracking something that watches a turn, a day passing might not give you the right results you are looking for at the moment.

if you're interested in the script for the time checking, the handlers are located on charsheet_main2, while the scripts are located in manager_char.lua.

radiation is currently not set up for rounds. that will come when i add rounds to the time factors later

pr6i6e6st
May 12th, 2020, 04:20
rounds have been added to the equation in the same way as turns and shifts. this may act weird as rounds don't actually add to the clock, just to mechanics that look at time. so regardless if you are looking at rounds for a mechanic like radiation or not, 6 rounds at a setting of 10 per round is still going to count as 1 minute. radiation is the only thing i think that looks at rads at the moment when set to extreme strength.

adjusting your rounds may set off your other mechanics if the difference is too high, i suggest triggering all your toggles (stressed, conditions, tracking, radiation) after resetting your rounds just to make sure your times are set appropriately. i'll work on a better method.

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 00:55
i've added events from my Clock Adjuster Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster/page4) so you can more finely plan the demise of your players

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 07:03
found an issue on FGC that wasn't on FGU, where adjusting the time caused errors with the "events". i think this has been fixed, but i'm getting strange interactions between the time and events on FGC that i'm not getting on FGU for some reason.
edit: just put out another quick fix for events stating their event in chat when the time is equal

zombielord
May 15th, 2020, 07:20
So, there's in issue where the script tries to compare with nil.
I've tinkered and found 2 different fixes.

#1, set everything to a value of 1, go through and double-click each to add time. No more issues.
#2, add a If ~= nill check to each time function

One thing I just not thought of would be to add a If ==nil then set variable to 0

(Also I'm in the middle of trying to kill all the info warnings for height ignored for control (xxxx) in chattime)

NOTE: This was in Unity, haven't cross-tested with classic.

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 07:23
So, there's in issue where the script tries to compare with nil.
I've tinkered and found 2 different fixes.

#1, set everything to a value of 1, go through and double-click each to add time. No more issues.
#2, add a If ~= nill check to each time function

One thing I just not thought of would be to add a If ==nil then set variable to 0

(Also I'm in the middle of trying to kill all the info warnings for height ignored for control (xxxx) in chattime)

NOTE: This was in Unity, haven't cross-tested with classic.
I’ll let you work that out then, imma head to bed for now. I’ll be back at it tomorrow night after work. If you think you can fix that while doing other stuff, give it a whirl, but I can always jump on it again later.

zombielord
May 15th, 2020, 09:27
20-5-15_0327 ALIEN RPG Fixes:

Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Unity
Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Classic.
Fixed nil value issue on double-clicking addyear (was referencing the month value)
Resized ChatTime to fit all buttons
Added tooltip for AddYear
Added tooltip for Open Timed Events
Minor change some of the loading ruleset loading text.

pr6i6e6st
May 16th, 2020, 00:51
20-5-15_0327 ALIEN RPG Fixes:

Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Unity
Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Classic.
Fixed nil value issue on double-clicking addyear (was referencing the month value)
Resized ChatTime to fit all buttons
Added tooltip for AddYear
Added tooltip for Open Timed Events
Minor change some of the loading ruleset loading text.

thank you, very awesome to have a lot of that fixed.

for some reason, events are not acting correctly if the minute is not the same as the event minute in FGC. FGU so far appears to work as intended, but for the life of me can not figure out why classic acts strange.

if anyone would like to take a look at who, the code is in the desktop_pannels.xml and the manager_time.lua. must be something to do with one of the XML tags used or its properties.

edit: it REALLY doesn't make sense since it works fine with my extension versions of it for pfrpg, pfrpg2 and 5e (not uploaded yet but will shortly)

zombielord
May 16th, 2020, 06:15
Downloaded the latest file. Found a missing end statement in the manager_time.lua at the very end of the file. I tested things in classic and the events seem to trigger and post in the chatbox just fine.

I did add conditional if then statements to the add buttons so they won't output the currenttime unless the value they are adding is greater than 0, and added currentdate statements.
(I don't know your preferred output method: just display time regardless, ignore output unless the there is something to add, OR add a message saying "The value is 0, nothing the calander did not change).

Really though I had no issue in classic or unity (except the missing end statement).

20-05-16_1215 ALIEN RPG

pr6i6e6st
May 16th, 2020, 06:34
Downloaded the latest file. Found a missing end statement in the manager_time.lua at the very end of the file. I tested things in classic and the events seem to trigger and post in the chatbox just fine.

I did add conditional if then statements to the add buttons so they won't output the currenttime unless the value they are adding is greater than 0, and added currentdate statements.
(I don't know your preferred output method: just display time regardless, ignore output unless the there is something to add, OR add a message saying "The value is 0, nothing the calander did not change).

Really though I had no issue in classic or unity (except the missing end statement).

20-05-16_1215 ALIEN RPG

i have no issue until i set the year to 2183 in FGC only. i set an event to say the current date but a few minutes ahead. i adjust the minutes, and maybe it triggers, maybe it doesn't. not until i've adjusted the minutes for an hour an a half's difference from my intended time does it act. it's weird as all hell. i've tried new campaigns. i've determined the hell out of everything. i'm using your copy here. no extensions. no edited CoreRPG files hiding somewhere messing with it. i can't wrap my head around it. if no one else is having this issue, then great, but why am i then? lol

edit: i have a couple theories that i can't seem to prove. theory 1 is fgclassic is treating the code for determining a leap year OR the theory 2 is fgclassic is treating the number of days in a month wrong, which still doesn't make sense why its only roughly an hour an 15 minutes difference.

pr6i6e6st
May 16th, 2020, 17:08
just put out a small update, calendar logs are created via a button on the event window now, rather than locking the entry. when you do, if you have text in the event, it will copied to the created log entry; if the event is set to "visible to all" it will copy to the player section, if the event is set to "visible to gm", it will copy to the gm section. making planning the calendar events much easier. (i'm personally really enjoying this feature. i think a travel manager to accompany it would be fantastic too. basically you set how long your distance, then just click some buttons to adjust the time by travel speed.)

Wbweather
May 17th, 2020, 18:25
So I am entering the data for the Xenomorphs. Can you tell me how to customize the attack table for each different creature? Currently it just looks for a generic table called ATTACKS, and I want to link each enemy to it's specific attack table.

pr6i6e6st
May 17th, 2020, 18:30
So I am entering the data for the Xenomorphs. Can you tell me how to customize the attack table for each different creature? Currently it just looks for a generic table called ATTACKS, and I want to link each enemy to it's specific attack table.
Change the npc type to creature and npc. New fields will pop up with buttons to roll on attack or critical injuries tables. The tables it’s looking for are(case sensitive):

CRITICAL INJURIES ON [your definition here]
Example: CRITICAL INJURIES ON xenomorphs
And

[your definition here] ATTACKS
Example: drone soldier lurker ATTACKS.

Edit: remember if your table is a d66 result, to drop a d60 and a d6 into the custom dice portion of the table.

Player used tables like CRITICAL INJURIES or PANIC ROLL need to be shared/public for the players to use.

Wbweather
May 17th, 2020, 18:40
Ok, so I made the table CRITICAL INJURIES ON XENOMORPHS When I do the roll from the NPC sheet, I get the error Unable to find table. (CRITICAL INJURIES ON). If I call the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON" it works, but that isn't specific.

pr6i6e6st
May 17th, 2020, 18:42
Ok, so I made the table CRITICAL INJURIES ON XENOMORPHS When I do the roll from the NPC sheet, I get the error Unable to find table. (CRITICAL INJURIES ON). If I call the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON" it works, but that isn't specific.
Did you type in xenomorphs into the field beside the button on the npc sheet?

Wbweather
May 17th, 2020, 18:57
Ahhh. Okay, sorry. That worked. That's what I was trying to figure out.

pr6i6e6st
May 17th, 2020, 19:00
Ahhh. Okay, sorry. That worked. That's what I was trying to figure out.

No worries, I really should put aside time to do a new tutorial video, now that it looks like a lot of the errors have been worked out. I struggled before because I’d be an hour into the video and somehow find a new error lol. Was a great way to bug test I guess though.

Awesome we got that figured out. Don’t be afraid to ask more questions when you’re really stuck.

Wbweather
May 18th, 2020, 00:30
Another question. I have the initiative cards working. Is there someplace where that is automated or accessible to the players in the character sheet or combat tracker? Or is that just a table I need to open up and roll on?

pr6i6e6st
May 18th, 2020, 00:41
Another question. I have the initiative cards working. Is there someplace where that is automated or accessible to the players in the character sheet or combat tracker? Or is that just a table I need to open up and roll on?

Unfortunately it’s just the options in the combat tracker menu, or a custom table for now until I figure something out

Wbweather
May 18th, 2020, 05:44
Cool, that works just fine. Thanks for all your work.

pr6i6e6st
May 20th, 2020, 03:20
included the travel manager from the clock adjuster extension birthed from this ruleset, personalized with an option for parsecs
edit: removed the parsecs option as it's a) a bit redundant at the moment, and b ) needs a separate function.

Wbweather
May 21st, 2020, 19:19
I would love to see how you set up and run this. In that example above, the T-10 log. Is that set up as a timmed event? Is it triggered by the calendar? There is so much that this ruleset does, I'm a little overwhelmed. Im slowly reading through this thread and following the development to get a better grasp, I guess I never knwe half of wht FG could do. Like the clickable chat quotes. I don't know how to set those up, but that would be great too.

pr6i6e6st
May 22nd, 2020, 05:27
I would love to see how you set up and run this. In that example above, the T-10 log. Is that set up as a timmed event? Is it triggered by the calendar? There is so much that this ruleset does, I'm a little overwhelmed. Im slowly reading through this thread and following the development to get a better grasp, I guess I never knwe half of wht FG could do. Like the clickable chat quotes. I don't know how to set those up, but that would be great too.

if you REALLY want to find out, i have room for one (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58066-LFP-D-amp-D5e-AlienRPG-Wednesdays-8pm-Atlantic-7pm-eastern) at the time. we are considering a new campaign where we've at least temporarily lost a member, bringing us to 4 players.

so, in that example, that is an event. eventually, something a lot like that scenario will occur in game ;). so if you really want to put the time against them, you set up an event. as you progress the time on the calendar or with the clock adjuster above the chat, it will do various things:
-it will heal if they meet the right conditions (radiation, conditions, and being a synth will disable this)
-it will reduce stress if the "stressed" checkbox is not toggled after 10 minutes has gone by. (this i am considering changing to be reversed. so if it's toggled, you lose stress, and renaming it "resting")
-it will check the healing time for your critical injuries (added manually when attained), as well as checking to see about rolling against a fatal injury
-it will reduce health for conditions that don't require a roll, and make the roll when conditions are met and one is suffering from the conditions. (this does not apply to exhaustion, as that is more GM determined, via the rules)
-it will roll supply rolls if you are tracking
-it will check if the time for the event has been reached or passed, and make an announcement to the chat (gm visible or visible to all depending on your setting for the event)

Careers don't really do anything currently except give you easy access to that record. i didn't want to put limitations on skills and attributes, as it's more fun to break the system from time to time, and the careers are mostly just limitations and descriptions. thus, automation doesn't seem as important as say the 5e ruleset.
talents are not automated, but i have given space to place alternate rolls or numbers to remember for bonus's and such. (say a talent lets you use a different attribute for a skill roll, just set up the new roll in the talent. rolling in chat will provide the name of the talent.) Talents can also be used for NPC's and a creature's special abilities like the Xenomorphs Acid Blood.

NPCs are a bit to get used to. there are two buttons for setting up their type. one for creature/npc (do they follow human/synthetic rules?). another for npc/human/synth (which critical injury table to roll on?). set either way, their skills are still bound to their attributes, so keep that in mind when custom building a creature NPC. The custom tables for an NPC are bound to what you type into the two new fields for the creature npc. so i might make a table for an Abomination's attacks, and it just uses the critical injuries on Xenomorphs table. so i enter "abomination" into the attacks field, and it will look for the table "abomination ATTACKS" to roll on. it will then look for the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON Xenomorphs". this way, i can name the npc statblock for the abomination "Jim Bob, the unfortunate wildcatter" and still have the appropriate tables rolled.

some functions on the combat tracker are automated like critical injuries and panic rolls from being broken, while others don't, like being able to simply drag damage on your target like in other rulesets. this is both because i still need to learn how to do stuff, and because i'm not sure how to really go about targeting and damages for automation in this RPG.

information on the clock adjuster and the events and travel manager can be found in my thread for the detached extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster).

i'll continue to try and work out more functions and what not as i go, making improvements here and there between work, family, and my own games. keep picking away and you'll get the hang of things.

Wbweather
May 23rd, 2020, 04:47
Would it be okay to sit in on a session and watch?

pr6i6e6st
May 23rd, 2020, 17:56
Would it be okay to sit in on a session and watch?

i think that's doable. i'll send you the discord link. i THINK i have it set so people without the appropriate role for the channel can join but can't speak.

Wbweather
May 23rd, 2020, 19:26
Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this? I figured out that in order for a weapon to show up on the PC CS I need to first equip it in the inventory. It doesn't appear to show on the combat tracker. Also, I can target an enemy in the combat tracker, but am not able to get damage applied automatically.

pr6i6e6st
May 23rd, 2020, 19:32
Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this?

indeed that appears to not be working. seems i didn't list items as something that could be dropped into their gear. i'll put that fix in an update shortly. unfortunately, it seems you might need to recreate the NPC block for it to allow drops.

pr6i6e6st
May 24th, 2020, 00:43
Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this? I figured out that in order for a weapon to show up on the PC CS I need to first equip it in the inventory. It doesn't appear to show on the combat tracker. Also, I can target an enemy in the combat tracker, but am not able to get damage applied automatically.

ok, so i got the items to drop into an NPC's gear list again.

a PC's items will not show up in the combat tracker, no. And yes, damage targeting is not currently rigged up. The GM can drop a number onto the combat entry though. i tend to use the modifier box to get a number i can just drag if they are going to add stunts to their damages or whatever in the meantime.

Wbweather
May 24th, 2020, 08:03
Your fix to the NPC sheet adds the weapons to the combat tracker as well! Still doesn't work for the PC's though.

Wbweather
May 28th, 2020, 04:06
After watching your game, I have a question. On your critical injury roll, the table returned a numeric value for the days to heal. Was that just a number listed in the table, or does the ruleset do a roll for values such as 2D6 and use that value? If so, how does that work?

pr6i6e6st
June 4th, 2020, 18:47
added the Reminder feature from the Clock Adjuster extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=506346#post506346)

pr6i6e6st
June 10th, 2020, 01:10
small update to include the update from the Clock Adjuster (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster) extension, in which events and reminders will roll on a table with the same name as the reminder or event when triggered.

this allows you to set up random periodical events. perhaps the ship is less than adequate and will take component damage over a period of time while in FTL. you can now set a reminder to roll on your COMPONENT DAMAGE table by giving the reminder the same name, and when the designated time has passed, the table will be rolled on automatically. or maybe you need to set a table for Alien swarm decisions while the party tries to escape. the limits are endless with tables!

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 05:20
fixed a bug with health behaving very weirdly and spouting out errors.

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 23:56

Shift: The number of hours in a Shift
Turn: The number of minutes in a Turn
Round: The number of seconds in a Round

Name: Character Name
Portrait: Character Portrait
Token: Character Token

Health Section:
set max health in field below health section
click button next to Health Label to change rules to Human or Synthetic
ctrl mouse-wheel or click to adjust health
when health is at 0, a button to roll on a table named "CRITICAL INJURIES" or "CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS". Make sure these tables are public.
Doubleclick or drag-and-drop Health numberfield to make Death Rolls
When health is reduced and type is Human, health loss will cause stress gain
When health reaches 0, will roll "CRITICAL INJURIES" or "CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS" and "PANIC ROLL" or "SPACE COMBAT PANIC ROLL" tables.
When Health is above 0 and type is Human, will heal 1 point every 10 minutes.

Time Section:

Displays current time
Stressed button determines if you can lose Stress over time or not. If enabled (black), Stress will not be reduced over time. If disabled (white), Stress will reduce 1 point per Turn.

Stress Section:

Panic Button rolls on the table "PANIC ROLL" or "SPACE COMBAT PANIC ROLL" with a d6, adding your stress points.
Stress can be added or reduced by clicking or ctrl+mousewheel
Stress can be rolled from the numberfield
The checkmark beside the Stress numberfield determines if you are currently panicking. See rules in Core book on "More Panic" for more information.
Stress is automatically reduced every turn if "Stressed Button" in the Time Section is disabled.

Max Health: determines the maximum amount of health your character has.

Skills: click-and-drag or double-click to make skill rolls, which will add your skill level, the associated attribute, your stress, and the "Modifier" box below the chat.

Attributes: click-and-drag or double-click to make Attribute rolls, which will add your attribute, your stress, and the "Modifier" box below the chat.

Current Panic Effect: a text field to drag panic results into for reference
Panic Mod: a modifier to the results of Panic Rolls.

Armor: a list of equipped Armor (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)from your inventory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518308&viewfull=1#post518308). you can click-and-drag or double-click from the "Rating" field to make an Armor Roll.

Combat Type: changes which table to roll on for Panic Rolls. "PANIC ROLL" or "SPACE COMBAT PANIC ROLL".

Experience: Click or ctrl+mousewheel to manually track experience points.

S.Points: Story Points. Click or ctrl+mousewheel to manually track Storypoints.

Radiation Points Section:
Radiation Points can be adjusted with ctrl+mousewheel or by clicking.
adding a point will roll a number of Base Dice to determine damage (Damage must be manually applied currently)
removing a point will roll to determine if points are instead permanent (Permanent points must be manually applied currently)
checkbox next to Current Points numberfield will track time if enabled (black) and displays a button to change the strength of the radiation. Radiation points will be automatically added over time when enabled, and will automatically be removed when disabled (white)

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 23:57

Weapons List:
Shows equipped weapons (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348) from your inventory
# shows the number of that item
Name shows the name of the item
Rounds shows the number of reloads for the item
Weight shows how heavy the item is
Equpped buttons can be clicked to quickly unequip a weapon
Bonus field can be double-clicked or click-and-dragged to add the bonus, appropriate skill points, appropriate attribute points, stress points and adds the modifier from below the chat
Damage shows your Base Damage (must be manually applied currently)
Range displays the weapons range. if CC, rolls from the Bonus field will use Close Combat. any other option will roll Ranged Combat

Vehicle List:
Shows the list of the player's vehicles (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518327&viewfull=1#post518327)
Active Vehicle can be selected with the checkmark next to the vehicle's type
can roll Armor rolls from the A.R. field
can roll Piloting rolls from the T/M (Thrusters/Maneuverability) field
Displayes the vehicles equipped armaments (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)and countermeasures (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)
Ranged Combat rolls can be made from an Armament's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)B (Bonus) field

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 23:57

Talents:
Talents can be created or dropped here
Dice field can contain dice manually added for rolls related to the talent
numberfield is for quick reference

Conditions:
when enabled, all but "Exhausted" will make appropriate rolls over time and/or adjust health and "Stressed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518305&viewfull=1#post518305)" button on main tab
when Freezing is enabled, a strength can be set

Consumables:
Will automatically calculate food (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)and water (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)from inventory
will automatically calculate equipped items (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)in inventory which have an air or power supply
reset buttons allow you to adjust the supply number then reset back to what's in your inventory on the fly
modifiers will modify your supply rolls
tracking will enable automatic rolls for consumables

Critical Injuries:
Critical Injuries can be manually added and set
Heal time will announce when healed after time is up
Current Timelimit field determines how many Turns/Shifts/Rounds/Days have passed
Max Time Limit Field determines how many Turns/Rounds/Shifts/Days to roll stamina or death rolls.
does not currently actively effect skill or ability rolls and is merely a reminder at this point in development

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 23:58

Inventory List: Generic player inventory list

Vehicle List:
Shows the list of the player's vehicles (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518327&viewfull=1#post518327)
Active Vehicle can be selected with the checkmark next to the vehicle's type
can roll Armor rolls from the A.R. field
can roll Piloting rolls from the T/M (Thrusters/Movement) field
Displayes the vehicles equipped armaments (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)and countermeasures (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)
Ranged Combat rolls can be made from an Armament's B (Bonus) field

Signature Item List: A specialized Inventory list for Signature Items

Tiny Items: A specialized Inventory list for Tiny Items

Currency: a section to keep track of money

Encumbrance: Keeps track of your encumbrance based on your Inventory List. Mult.X will multiply your carrying capacity. (Currently no automation beyond display)

Armor: a list of equipped Armor from your inventory. you can click-and-drag or double-click from the "Rating" field to make an Armor Roll.

pr6i6e6st
June 11th, 2020, 23:58

Relationships: Track who your buddy and rival's are

Traits: What's your most noticeable trait?

Career: can drop a Career Record here. (no current automation)

Appearance: How do you look?

Blank Notes: make notes about your character or whatever

Personal Agenda: What's your plan?

Campaign Notes: some things are going to be important to remember.

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 00:31

Current Hours/Minutes/Day/Month/Year - can be adjusted with CTRL + mousewheel.

Add Hours - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours.
Add Minutes - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of minutes.
Add Days - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of days.
Add Label - When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours and minutes and daysspecified in the fields in the corresponding row.

Advance to 6AM - advances time to the next 6am with a single click.
Advance to 12AM - advances time to the next 12am with a single click.
Advance to 6PM - advances time to the next 6pm with a single click.
Advance to 12PM - advances time to the next 12PM with a single click.
The panel can be moved by right-clicking and unlocking it's position with a single click.

Events List: - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "events". set a date for an event and when that time has been reached or passed, a message will be sent to the chat. Right-click to delete window or events. Events can be shared; chat messages can be hidden. if an event has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Reminders - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "reminders". Set the duration for the reminder to repeat, activate it, set it to GM Visible Only or Visible to All. If a reminder has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Travel Manager: - opens a window that allows you to set a distance, speed, and number of days/hours to travel. Will automatically advance time while tracking distance covered and sending a chat message with details. This message can be set to Visible Only to GM, or Visible to All.

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 00:53
Human NPC's:
Humans must have their Type set to "NPC" and "Human" as shown in image above
Human NPC's will roll on a “PANIC ROLL” or “SPACE COMBAT PANIC ROLL” table and a “CRITICAL INJURIES” table when they reach 0 hp
Human and Synthetic NPC's can hold items (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)
Skills automatically add attribute points

Synthetic NPC's:
Synthetics must have their Type set to "NPC" and "Synth" as shown in image above
Synth NPC's will roll on the "CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS" table when they reach 0 HP.
Human and Synthetic NPC's can hold items (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348)
Skills automatically add attribute points.

Creature/Xenomorph NPC's:
Creature/Xenomorph NPC's must have their Type set to "Creature" and "NPC" as shown in image above
Creature/Xenomorph NPC's roll attacks from a table defined in the "Attacks" field (i.e. "XENOMORPH ATTACKS" if you have typed "XENOMORPH" into the previously mentioned field)
Creature/Xenomorph NPC's roll critical injuries from a table defined in the "CRIT-INJ" field (i.E. "CRITICAL INJURIES ON XENOMORPHS" if you have entered "XENOMORPHS" into the previously mentioned field)
Skills add Attribute points

Combat Tracker:
NPC gear and special abilities/talents are readily available for convenience here
Crit-Inj and ATTACKS fields are readily available for on-the-fly changes
can change the character type; NPC for creatures, Synth for synthetic rules, and Human for human rules
critical injuries and panic rolls are automatically rolled when health reaches 0
Initiative can be drawn from the CT "Menu".
can set Round/Turn/Shift time from fields at the bottom of the CT
can change the type of Panic Roll table that will be rolled on from button at bottom of CT.

TIP: For NPC's with a speed greater than 1, before drawing initiative, right click on the combat tracker to add an entry. Name that entry something like "Drone's Second Turn".

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 01:04
Vehicles can have their type changed by clicking the button beside "Type".

Starships:
Rolls are made from the character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306) containing the vehicle in the vehicle list
Damage can be adjusted like health points
Minor Damage button will roll on table named "MINOR COMPONENT DAMAGE"
Major Damage button will roll on table named "MAJOR COMPONENT DAMAGE"
Starships can hold various types of items (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518348&viewfull=1#post518348), including Armaments, countermeasures, Upgrades, Internal Modules and a storage section for items.
Components can be marked as broken

EEVs:
Rolls are made from the character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306) containing the vehicle in the vehicle list
Component Damage button will roll on table named "COMPONENT DAMAGE"

Vehicles:
Component Damage button will roll on table named "COMPONENT DAMAGE"
Vehicles cover the basis for air/ground/sea vehicles.

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 01:09

Glorified note templates for setting-building

General Purpose:
Create Starsystems and place their pins on a star map for easy player/gm navigation/research
create template systems/planets/colonies that can be quickly dropped and modified into a parent or onto the map
place templates on tables for easier random generation

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 01:12
--testing needed!!
-new time checking script for starving/freezing/dehydrated conditions, consumable tracking, radiation. some functions require a player to have the character sheet.
-new sections for month and year added to clock adjuster.
-added round tracking (extreme strength) for radiation and time in general.
-rounds now count to time in the form of seconds based on what's defined on your character sheet.
-rounds do not count towards the actual calendar/clock, only in the background. this may need tweaking. either never set rounds to 0, or when you do, set minutes to accommodate the change.
-added some buttons that will advance time to the next 6AM, 12PM, 6PM or 12AM (buttons courtesy of SirMotte for the Clock Adjuster extension born from this)
-placed the code to set the dateinminutes in a couple more spots, but still is not in the calendar itself, so be careful adjusting time with the calendar and not the adjusters I've made
-events have been added to the clock adjuster. see here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster/page4)for details
-fixed up "events" a bit. was getting some errors on FGC. while they appear to be fixed, adjusting minutes on FGC for some reason do not work appropriately with the new "events" feature, while it appears to work fine on FGU. more testing required
zombielord update (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset/page37&p=509415#post509415)
-events manager adjustments (there's a button to add a log entry now, rather than creating one on locking the record)
-calendar logs created by event manager will place text from event into calendar log. it will place the text in the player section if set to visible to all, or to the gm section if set to visible to gm.
-added travel manager
-made some adjustments so travel manager was easier to see.
-changed parsecs to miles, as one can simply use the add-days button by double-clicking. might work on allowing parsecs in travel manager later.
-fixed error message when leaving the campaign in classic.
-calendar logs are now one per day again.
-fixed inability to drop items into NPC stat blocks
-few minor changes and fixes
-fixed NPC's not being able to roll close combat with weapons
-Fixed bug where some functions bound to a "Turn" were not behaving appropriately
-added Reminder feature from Clock Adjuster extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=506346#post506346)
-fixed bug where months were not being counted
-reminders and events now roll on a table when triggered if the name of the reminder or event is the exact same as an existing table.
-fixed bug with PC health and the database errors.
-combat tracker adjustments
-minor fixes for events causing an error
-minor fix for critical injuries causing an error
-fix for bug with health
-fix for radiation (should now behave appropriately

--fix for mobility roll errors, maybe a few other things, it's been a while and i may or may not have picked away at it haha oops

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 02:33

Type: click to change the type of item to various types with various fields to fill out

Items with Food and Water that are kept in a player character's inventory will count towards their Food and Water Supplies (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518307&viewfull=1#post518307).

Items with Power and Air that are kept in a player character's inventory and set to "Equipped" will count towards their Power and Air Supplies. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518307&viewfull=1#post518307)

Items that are Combat Weapons or Ranged Weapons that are kept in a player characters inventory and set to "Equipped" will show up in the "Weapons List (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306)" on their main tab and the appropriate combat rolls can be made from the "Bonus" fields of the player's sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306). "CC" will roll with Close Combat while any other "Ranged" option will roll with Ranged Combat. See Character Sheets (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306) or NPC's and Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518323&viewfull=1#post518323) for more.

Items that are Armor that are kept in a player characters inventory and set to "Equipped", will show up in the player's list of Armor on their main tab (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518305&viewfull=1#post518305) and in the inventory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518308&viewfull=1#post518308). Armor Rolls can be made from the character sheet ([URL="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306) from the "Armor Rating" fields.

Items that are Internal Modules, Upgrades, Countermeasures, or Armaments are intended for vehicles/starships/eev's. Armaments and Countermeasures can only be rolled from when they are in a vehicle and that vehicle is in a character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518306&viewfull=1#post518306). See Vehicles (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=518327&viewfull=1#post518327)for more.

Pepor
June 12th, 2020, 07:10
I think that all those posts deserve a new tutorial video :D

JubiladosdeArkham
June 12th, 2020, 14:27
Oh, yeah. I agree.

pr6i6e6st
June 12th, 2020, 14:41
I think that all those posts deserve a new tutorial video :D

Oh, yeah. I agree.

Yeah I was thinking if I break them all down like this that maybe I can make quick little videos rather than a big hour long video. Would be easier to accomplish smaller videos at a time.

I keep starting them then run out of time after messing up multiple times haha

Doc1987
June 21st, 2020, 20:33
My group will be running a quick cinematic game tomorrow using this ruleset, i just got finished plugging in all the information from the rulebook into it. Thanks a lot for all the hard work! everything seems really straight forward. i will let you know if my group runs into any issues, but its all looking pretty rock solid.

pr6i6e6st
June 24th, 2020, 09:43
My group will be running a quick cinematic game tomorrow using this ruleset, i just got finished plugging in all the information from the rulebook into it. Thanks a lot for all the hard work! everything seems really straight forward. i will let you know if my group runs into any issues, but its all looking pretty rock solid.

thank you. i was preparing for a game later today and stumbled upon a few bugs. fixed some things with health, radiation, critical injuries regaining health, losing stress.(though they're still rolling multiple times for a single instance).

sorry to everyone for the long wait for these fixes, i realize how much of a pain they must have been. busy times.

Doc1987
June 26th, 2020, 00:55
thank you. i was preparing for a game later today and stumbled upon a few bugs. fixed some things with health, radiation, critical injuries regaining health, losing stress.(though they're still rolling multiple times for a single instance).

sorry to everyone for the long wait for these fixes, i realize how much of a pain they must have been. busy times.
We ran our game and had a blast. One thing I noted, whenever I added an enemy npc to the combat tracker, it would have 0 hp even though I have max and current hp set in the npc template, and would roll twice on the synth crit table for some reason. I Don’t know if I set it up correctly. I can post a video if it would help.

jbergenudd
July 18th, 2020, 14:51
Advance to 6AM - advances time to the next 6am with a single click.
Advance to 12AM - advances time to the next 12am with a single click.
Advance to 6PM - advances time to the next 6pm with a single click.
Advance to 12PM - advances time to the next 12PM with a single click.
The panel can be moved by right-clicking and unlocking it's position with a single click.

I have set up the calendar.
when I click one one of the advance-buttons I get an error in the log:
[ERRROR] Script execution error: [string "adv12pm"]:14 attempt to compare number with nil

is the clock adjuster extension needed?

pr6i6e6st
July 18th, 2020, 14:55
[ERRROR] Script execution error: [string "adv12pm"]:14 attempt to compare number with nil

Adjust all the dates at least once to “create” them in the database

pr6i6e6st
July 18th, 2020, 14:57

And the current time.

You can play the game perfectly fine without using the clock at all. It just makes keeping track of time management functions a lot easier. I personally always use it.

Also, I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated this, I’ve been working on an NPC Maker for 5e for Rob Twohy quietly. The knowledge I’ve gained from the experience will come in handy for future updates to this ruleset.

Heilemann
July 20th, 2020, 19:53
Is there a tutorial somewhere for this ruleset? There's a bunch of icon stuff in the bottom I can't figure out what to do with.

pr6i6e6st
July 20th, 2020, 19:56
Is there a tutorial somewhere for this ruleset? There's a bunch of icon stuff in the bottom I can't figure out what to do with.

Page one of this thread has links to other comments in the thread with some general description and such. The icons in the bottom are either the dice or the dice pool

SwanVesta
July 24th, 2020, 11:30
Hi pr6i6e6st,

Let me start by saying a huge "thank you" for creating this ruleset - it's awesome :D I hope you continue to evolve it.

I run a lot of official DnD5e modules through Fantasy Grounds so have never really looked "behind the scenes" to figure out how anything really works, but Alien RPG is such cool game that your ruleset implementation inspired me to setup all the tables and copy over all of my content to be able to run an online session of Chariot of the Gods. Your YouTube video was a real help!

I do have a couple of issues (so far!) :

1) When I join as a client (localhost) to test or as a demo client on a separate PC, I get the following : Script Error: [string "chat"]:1: setValue: Unable to create node
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (calendar.dateinminutes). The calendar seems setup ok (I can adjust days and advance time ok using your clock widget).

2) When I add a weapon to a characters Inventory and Equip it, and then go to the Main tab and use the weapon, I can roll the attack roll without a problem by dragging the "Bonus" box over to the chat window/dice pool but if the attack is successful and I then try to drag the damage over to display the output in the chat window I get the following error message: Script Error: [string "weapondamage"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'CombatName' (a nil value)

I get this either as GM running the session or as a player if I use a separate PC to connect as a character. I've tried a couple of different weapons and different characters.

Neither are show stoppers - I just clear the error and continue but am hoping to resolve before I get my players (some who are new to FG) to connect their clients.

Any ideas? I am currently running this on Classic Fantasy Grounds (but intend to also move my game over to Unity to test performance). I have an Ultimate license and test with the localhost client and as a demo user on a separate PC.

discgolferusa
August 2nd, 2020, 13:46
Great ruleset so far. Trying to wrap my head around everything since I just got the game yesterday!

I did find an odd bug on the FGC version though. I was adding talents to the talents section and noticed that even when I lock an item and close it. It still will allow editing when it's reopened without unlocking it. Also on the character sheet what is the dice and number next to a talent for?

JubiladosdeArkham
August 4th, 2020, 23:53
Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while. I'm running Chariot of the Gods one more time and I was trying to create the Critical Injuries Table with the d66 instead of a d6 and the table calling to a new table like I made it months ago. The problem is that I cannot make the table to show the results on the chat window. I don't know if I'm writing correctly the numbers in the fields or what's the problem. Ie, if I write 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. nothing is showed in the chat, but if I writ 1-10, 1-20, 1-30... if I roll a 21 the 1-30 result appears. I'm confused.

damned
August 5th, 2020, 00:31
wouldnt you use:
11-16
21-26
31-36 etc?

NotRussellCrowe
August 5th, 2020, 02:31
Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while. I'm running Chariot of the Gods one more time and I was trying to create the Critical Injuries Table with the d66 instead of a d6 and the table calling to a new table like I made it months ago. The problem is that I cannot make the table to show the results on the chat window. I don't know if I'm writing correctly the numbers in the fields or what's the problem. Ie, if I write 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. nothing is showed in the chat, but if I writ 1-10, 1-20, 1-30... if I roll a 21 the 1-30 result appears. I'm confused.

As Damned mentioned, just key in your starting and ending numbers in the boxes. See the attached for my Minor Component Damage table.

SwanVesta
August 5th, 2020, 09:57
As Damned mentioned, just key in your starting and ending numbers in the boxes. See the attached for my Minor Component Damage table.

Yeah this approach worked perfectly fine for me too for the D66 tables. Is anyone else using this ruleset getting the script errors that I am in post #418?

NotRussellCrowe
August 5th, 2020, 12:02
Hi pr6i6e6st,

Let me start by saying a huge "thank you" for creating this ruleset - it's awesome :D I hope you continue to evolve it.

I run a lot of official DnD5e modules through Fantasy Grounds so have never really looked "behind the scenes" to figure out how anything really works, but Alien RPG is such cool game that your ruleset implementation inspired me to setup all the tables and copy over all of my content to be able to run an online session of Chariot of the Gods. Your YouTube video was a real help!

I do have a couple of issues (so far!) :

1) When I join as a client (localhost) to test or as a demo client on a separate PC, I get the following : Script Error: [string "chat"]:1: setValue: Unable to create node
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (calendar.dateinminutes). The calendar seems setup ok (I can adjust days and advance time ok using your clock widget).

2) When I add a weapon to a characters Inventory and Equip it, and then go to the Main tab and use the weapon, I can roll the attack roll without a problem by dragging the "Bonus" box over to the chat window/dice pool but if the attack is successful and I then try to drag the damage over to display the output in the chat window I get the following error message: Script Error: [string "weapondamage"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'CombatName' (a nil value)

I get this either as GM running the session or as a player if I use a separate PC to connect as a character. I've tried a couple of different weapons and different characters.

Neither are show stoppers - I just clear the error and continue but am hoping to resolve before I get my players (some who are new to FG) to connect their clients.

Any ideas? I am currently running this on Classic Fantasy Grounds (but intend to also move my game over to Unity to test performance). I have an Ultimate license and test with the localhost client and as a demo user on a separate PC.

You also need to setup a calendar module I believe. I have gotten a fair number of date-based script errors but they only show up upon load and since I don't use the calendar functions I don't see any again. If you have a calendar loaded and date picked try changing the date & time in FG. I did all that and no longer see these errors.

Sorry, not sure about #2 as I've never experienced it. I haven't used automated damage reduction and other features like it, I manually adjust the hit points of my creatures during combat.

Happy gaming!

JubiladosdeArkham
August 5th, 2020, 14:53
That's it! Thanks damned and NotRussellCrowe.

SwanVesta
August 15th, 2020, 13:29
You also need to setup a calendar module I believe. I have gotten a fair number of date-based script errors but they only show up upon load and since I don't use the calendar functions I don't see any again. If you have a calendar loaded and date picked try changing the date & time in FG. I did all that and no longer see these errors.

Sorry, not sure about #2 as I've never experienced it. I haven't used automated damage reduction and other features like it, I manually adjust the hit points of my creatures during combat.

Happy gaming!

Thanks for the reply - my calendar all seems setup ok so shouldn't be causing an error. It's no drama though just annoying for players to see when connecting. I've actually moved my Alien game over to Foundry VTT which is a much cleaner player experience than FG although the implementation of the rules system is not as nicely automated as pr616e6st's great ruleset here.

Silverwolf75
September 1st, 2020, 21:17
Hmmm m if i put dices in pools 1 - 12 at bottom of fgu and roll form there... it rolls them 3x ? you guys have same?

JimSocks
September 10th, 2020, 23:31
So Forum mods/devs: when can we have an Alien RPG forum room under the Game Systems category? Eh? Eh?

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2020, 05:17
So Forum mods/devs: when can we have an Alien RPG forum room under the Game Systems category? Eh? Eh?
How much activity / how many posts would such a forum have?

Normally most game's discussion just go in the generic CoreRPG forums until they become active enough to need such.

JimSocks
September 11th, 2020, 14:39
How much activity / how many posts would such a forum have?

Normally most game's discussion just go in the generic CoreRPG forums until they become active enough to need such.

Well, hard to say because most Alien RPG discussion is relegated to this thread alone and a couple other outliers. But I feel like if we had our own room it could be a whole different scenario.

We DO have our own ruleset now thanks to OP here! I’m sure all the Alien fans would agree with me: our own Game System room would be a step in a positive direction!

zombielord
September 14th, 2020, 02:08
Noticed that the Alien Space Theme was no longer loading, so I made a minor update to fix it to load.

JimSocks
September 14th, 2020, 12:49
Awesome thanks for the space theme update! I noticed it worked in classic but not unity, so I’ll snag the update after work today!

JimSocks
September 16th, 2020, 00:28
Noticed that the Alien Space Theme was no longer loading, so I made a minor update to fix it to load.

Can you re-link to the new file? I can't find the link as it's lost in the sea of this thread. Even a few searches came up with nothing but a broken link.

If only there was a forum space for us where we could have separate threads to organize our Alien RPG discussions, without cramming it into this thread about building and maintaining the ruleset... Like, I dunno, our own Game System room in the forums?

(Mods, give us something concrete as to why we can't do this, or at least give us a measuring stick/roadmap so we can see what we need to do to qualify for one. Our own forum space would be so helpful)

pr6i6e6st
September 16th, 2020, 00:33
Hey guys, sorry for the absence, and admittedly I can’t spare time at the moment to read comments, I just want to let you know I am fully intending on coming back to this and giving the system an overhaul and continuing development after I have completed a couple other tasks I have taken on. I expect them to be done very soon, so fingers crossed.

Perhaps when I get the ruleset in a more sufficient buildstate, the mods might consider a sub forum for us.

JimSocks
September 16th, 2020, 03:41
I mean, it’s kicking *** as it stands already Pr6i6e6st (I’m such a huge fan of the work you did here, but honestly trying to remember or type the 6s in your username is irksome lol)

I’m amazed at what you’ve accomplished with it already to be honest- it’s super cool. I am building generators for us at the moment, so I’m working in the ruleset a lot and I’m always impressed.

As for the mods needing you to solidify the ruleset more before giving us a forum room- to that I say “Hogwash!” ;)

I’d like them to give us a roadmap to how we can get one so we can work towards it, or at least tell us why it’s not possible to grant us this request already.

I’ll be excited to see the work you get after on the ruleset though, when you are able to return!

NotRussellCrowe
September 16th, 2020, 13:24

Hi, zombielord

Is this the post to download the theme?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50544-WIP-Alien-RPG-ruleset&p=486616&highlight=theme#post486616

When I go there it says I'm not allowed to download files, viewers cannot download files.

If I try to save the link it wants to save a .html file.

NotRussellCrowe
September 16th, 2020, 13:27
Can you re-link to the new file? I can't find the link as it's lost in the sea of this thread. Even a few searches came up with nothing but a broken link.

If only there was a forum space for us where we could have separate threads to organize our Alien RPG discussions, without cramming it into this thread about building and maintaining the ruleset... Like, I dunno, our own Game System room in the forums?

(Mods, give us something concrete as to why we can't do this, or at least give us a measuring stick/roadmap so we can see what we need to do to qualify for one. Our own forum space would be so helpful)

Yeah I agree with JimSocks, it would be nice for users to have a way to group threads together to make things easier to find/read and filter out the noise.

NotRussellCrowe
September 16th, 2020, 13:30
Hey guys, sorry for the absence, and admittedly I can’t spare time at the moment to read comments, I just want to let you know I am fully intending on coming back to this and giving the system an overhaul and continuing development after I have completed a couple other tasks I have taken on. I expect them to be done very soon, so fingers crossed.

Perhaps when I get the ruleset in a more sufficient buildstate, the mods might consider a sub forum for us.

The ruleset is amazing and works great and is a pleasure to use. You have done a fantastic job!!

Short of having official modules for sale on the store I can't imagine what a more sufficient buildstate would constitute for this rule set, it's already feature packed. I created my own player's guide and the support for drag and drop works great. I mean everything is perfect. I can't imagine what else there is left to do.

Thank you and everyone else who contributed to this rule set as it's fantastic!!

JimSocks
September 16th, 2020, 19:44
I created my own player's guide

I'd like to see that! Also, while stumbling through the forums looking for Alien RPG posts today, I saw that sometime back you were looking for a player in one of your Alien games. Bummed that I missed that opportunity! I bet you run a sweet game, good sir.

NotRussellCrowe
September 16th, 2020, 19:59
I'd like to see that! Also, while stumbling through the forums looking for Alien RPG posts today, I saw that sometime back you were looking for a player in one of your Alien games. Bummed that I missed that opportunity! I bet you run a sweet game, good sir.

Thank you for your kind words! Hit me up sometime and I'll show off the player's guide :)

JimSocks
September 16th, 2020, 23:33
STOP YOUR GRINNIN AND DROP YOUR LINEN!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?124-Alien-RPG

We gots our very own forum!
We’re in the pike: five-by-five!

NotRussellCrowe
September 16th, 2020, 23:35
STOP YOUR GRINNIN AND DROP YOUR LINEN!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?124-Alien-RPG

We gots our very own forum!
We’re in the pike: five-by-five!

Maybe the mods could move this thread into our new home? Please? :D

JubiladosdeArkham
September 17th, 2020, 09:59
Hey Pr6i6e6st! It's been a while.
I'm having some issues with the ruleset. I don't know why players can not throw in the panic or the critical injuries table from their character sheet. I can do it as DM, but they receive a message saying that the panic or critical injuries table can't be found. Obviously the table is there as I can use it through their character sheets.
Any idea??
As always, thanks

NotRussellCrowe
September 17th, 2020, 11:37
Hey Pr6i6e6st! It's been a while.
I'm having some issues with the ruleset. I don't know why players can not throw in the panic or the critical injuries table from their character sheet. I can do it as DM, but they receive a message saying that the panic or critical injuries table can't be found. Obviously the table is there as I can use it through their character sheets.
Any idea??
As always, thanks

Are these tables in a module? Maybe the players haven't loaded the module?

Morik
September 26th, 2020, 19:58
I just ordered the physical books for this game. After I finish the read though, I plan on starting a one-shot cinimatic game (as a test for a possible future full campaign). How user friendly is this in FG?Will I have to know a lot of workarounds, or is it a pretty complete ruleset?

JubiladosdeArkham
September 30th, 2020, 20:51
Are these tables in a module? Maybe the players haven't loaded the module?

Yes, they are and the players have loaded the module.
It also happens that even if a character releases stress when they get new stress it is added to the old one (i.e. if a character has 3 stress points, his stress goes down to 0 and then the stress goes up to 1 and has to do a Panic Roll, the ruleset is adding +4 to the roll. Sometimes has added +24).

NotRussellCrowe
September 30th, 2020, 21:11
Yes, they are and the players have loaded the module.
It also happens that even if a character releases stress when they get new stress it is added to the old one (i.e. if a character has 3 stress points, his stress goes down to 0 and then the stress goes up to 1 and has to do a Panic Roll, the ruleset is adding +4 to the roll. Sometimes has added +24).

I went into my game as a player and can throw panic rolls and critical injuries without error. Make sure that the tables are all capital letters and that they follow the same format expected.

So for example, the panic table is titled PANIC ROLL. Critical injuries are CRITICAL INJURIES and for androids it's CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS.

If you aare suffering from a panic effect and you have to make another panic roll it will always be a higher effect that you get hit with, you can never roll lower than your current panic effect. That one did trip me up one game. Perhaps this is what you're seeing with +24 on stress rolls? This is detailed on page 104 of the core rulebook in the PANIC ROLL box under the MORE PANIC paragraph.

Hope all that makes sense.

JubiladosdeArkham
October 4th, 2020, 11:11
Hope all that makes sense.

Not realy XD
I will investigate. Thanks NotRussellCrowe.

NotRussellCrowe
October 14th, 2020, 22:11
Just got the new official rule set and it is nice. If anyone is on the fence I definitely recommend it, at least from a visual perspective.

Even though I had the player's guide manually entered I hadn't started on the GM's part so nice that I won't have to spend hours and hours typing all that in and cutting out all the images that I didn't have yet.

The character sheet does look different but I think it will be an easy transition.

Good job to all those who worked on this rule set!

JimSocks
October 15th, 2020, 00:09
Official rule set?

NotRussellCrowe
October 15th, 2020, 00:10
Official rule set?

Check the store. :)

Heilemann
October 15th, 2020, 02:34
<Extreme Hudson shouting during drop>: "Yeeeeeeehooooooouuuuuuuu"

JimSocks
October 15th, 2020, 12:44
Does it have anything like what Priest developed here with the shift/time/travel tracker?

What’s your overall impression so far aside from the pre-uploaded content?

NotRussellCrowe
October 15th, 2020, 13:34
Does it have anything like what Priest developed here with the shift/time/travel tracker?

What’s your overall impression so far aside from the pre-uploaded content?

I don't see any time tracking capabilities.

Overall it seems pretty good. I mean the original is great too so it's nice that there is choice on what to have. I think Priest's rule set is fantastic and works wonderfully. They have different visual styles. I like the circular attributes/skills of Priest's character sheet. I think it will come down to if you don't care about having the book's contents in FG or you've already entered it then stay with Priest's rule set. If you want the content and haven't entered it or all of it then the paid for one is great too.

I don't think there's a wrong one to use, both are fantastic from what I can see, but full disclosure is I've only run a session using Priest's ruleset and have only clicked around in the new one. I might have an Alien game November 7 so could try the new one and see how that goes at that time ;)

zombielord
October 16th, 2020, 14:06
I'd heard rumors about an official ALIEN RPG coming and wondered when it would hit. Since so much was already done here (Priests' awesome work, and some of my minor contributions on UI and bugfixes) and I've already converted the books it leaves me to debate on trying the official one out since this was so well fleshed out. I suppose I might just to see if I want to try and port anything over.

zombielord
October 16th, 2020, 15:15
Just purchased the official ruleset. There's things I like and things I miss, and I'm definitely gonna have to modify the theme ( I don't like all the scan lines going through everything).

I do miss the planets, colonies, and star systems tabs, and the lack of time tracking and it's automation

I do like the different character sheet and some of the its automation, and having the books already made is a benefit if you don't want to make your own.

Valyar
October 16th, 2020, 20:01
Just purchased the official ruleset. There's things I like and things I miss, and I'm definitely gonna have to modify the theme ( I don't like all the scan lines going through everything).

I do miss the planets, colonies, and star systems tabs, and the lack of time tracking and it's automation

I do like the different character sheet and some of the its automation, and having the books already made is a benefit if you don't want to make your own.
Thanks for the feedback. The first release is focused on the core mechanics and content. During development we had various configurations on the sheets, libraries and automation levels, but during playtests certain things were put on hold as there were mixed reception or prevented alternative usage of the ruleset.

This does not mean that no enhancement will be made! The plan is to have thread for suggestions and enhancements proposals that will make into the game. After all, this is living entity and no ruleset started the same way they are today :)

zombielord
October 17th, 2020, 01:51
Thanks for the feedback. The first release is focused on the core mechanics and content. During development we had various configurations on the sheets, libraries and automation levels, but during playtests certain things were put on hold as there were mixed reception or prevented alternative usage of the ruleset.

This does not mean that no enhancement will be made! The plan is to have thread for suggestions and enhancements proposals that will make into the game. After all, this is living entity and no ruleset started the same way they are today :)

Awesome to hear! Looking forward to it, and don't get me wrong, it's an excellent job done already.

Golgoltha
October 21st, 2022, 21:23
Hello,

Thank you for all your hard work on this. I had a question.
Is this only for Standard FG?

When I load it in Unity, the menu side bar is all blank. I can't select the calendar to set it up because it doesn't exist (see attached image).

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2022, 23:26
I don't think this ruleset is supported any longer (which was initially posted 3 years ago); as the official publisher version with all the books is being sold by the publisher via the FG store.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGALIENRPGFLFALE002

Regards,
JPG