PDA

View Full Version : Assets Issues

Zeruel_Kagenie
August 16th, 2019, 22:23
The structure and operation of the assets are interesting and are clearly ideal for use with FG modules. However, I have the following comments regarding this:

1) It would be ideal if you can add an image folder to the data folder, (in the same way that there is a portraits and tokens folder) so that multiple campaigns can use the same assets without copying them individually to each image folder in each campaign. There are great artists who usually distribute their products in .zip and image files (like .jpg .png and so on) that unfortunately do not have their products in FG stores (web or steam) in a module format. So, a general folder of images would be very practical for FG users.

2) What is the limit of characters in the path of a file? 260? From what I see it is not the same as windows (260) and is inferior to this. In my case, I have an extensive collection of assets arranged in a very meticulous manner, and in some cases, because the route is very extensive, the files cannot be viewed in FGU, but I can see (miniature thumbnail) and use them in windows.

3) As mentioned, assets use almost no memory if they are not displayed, even with massive collections. However, once an asset is displayed, it remains in the memory. It does not matter if the asset tab is closed or the asset is not in use. If someone just views any asset thumbnail, it stays in memory until the application closes. Is there any way to free memory within FGU?

4) Would there be a possibility for the alpha, beta or the launch of FGU, that you can add GIF and video support to the assets?

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2019, 21:42
Zeruel,

Adding Images for Use in All Campaigns
This is the plan, but it looks like it's not fully implemented yet. Those files would be placed in the "images/" subfolder within the FGU data folder. Filed as task FGU-380.

Character Path Limit
I'm not sure if I understand the issue completely.
* Can you give me an example path that is an issue?
* Can you navigate to the folder within the Assets window?
* Can you see the thumbnail for the image within the Assets window via search or navigation?
* If you see the thumbnail, can you see the text or tooltip for the thumbnail?

Asset Memory Usage
If an asset is not used for 5 minutes, then the memory for the texture memory should be freed. This may or may not result in an instant reduction in memory usage according to Task Manager, depending on how Unity handles texture memory; but should manage memory usage long term. If it's a long term issue, then we may need to investigate more.

Animated GIF or Videos
There are no plans to add animated GIFs or videos to FGU at this point. Our plate is already full with what we are trying to release that we've announced.

Regards,
JPG