PDA

View Full Version : FGU License Invalid

leetsteele
August 16th, 2019, 09:16
Im having some difficulties using my FGU license code. going through the installation instructions I can verify my FG website login in the settings / purchases window is successful. Then when entering my FGU license code found on my store order history page and hit update the update log states "No packages found, Check your license key settings". I have checked my license code multiple times and ensured I am copying it without any extra spaces. Not sure if im missing something simple here but any assistance or education would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks!

johnezell
August 16th, 2019, 14:34
Same here. using my Ultimate license key ending in 0DCV I am not able to access FGU to participate in the alpha testing.

I will note all my packages seem to download, but when launching FGU I get the error in a slider screen to the left.

Guoccamole
August 16th, 2019, 14:35
I am getting a license error from the Console when I start up as well. Since everything seems to work, I haven’t tried to fix it. I would suggest putting a ‘Validate License’ button on the Settings dialogue where user enters license. Because I typed my license in, I am not absolutely certain the license is correct. Others may have the same issue.

FYI, the exact error is (“ERROR” is in red):

“[datetimestamp][ERROR]License check failed - Check your FG settings to make sure you have correct license key.”

... Wrinkles
I just tried to verify my key by copy/paste to ensure no typos...
Paste denied.
Drag and drop also denied.
I would suggest supporting paste into the license key to reduce typoes and consequent support issues/calls/emails.

The input field immediately puts password coding on entered text. There is no way to confirm typing from the settings dialogue.
I would suggest showing the type character for a second (or two) before hiding it.

Also “This appears to be a valid key.” would be better if there were a verification button which resulted in a more definite confirmation.

I just reentered the license key very carefully. I still get the license error.

johnezell
August 16th, 2019, 14:52
Just curious are you guys using Steam? I originally purchased my FG through Steam.

Guoccamole
August 16th, 2019, 15:07
Just using Windows here (no steam).

leetsteele
August 16th, 2019, 15:08
Just curious are you guys using Steam? I originally purchased my FG through Steam.

Yes I also purchased through steam. Not sure if the information may help but ive tried launching through steam and also directly from the local files without steam running (the FGSteamLauncher Application). I have also tried the local file for the UpdaterEngine. All result with the same issue.

johnezell
August 16th, 2019, 15:18
This is the message I got from Doug. In case it helps you guys out.

That key is valid.

Please make sure you are only using it in the new Fantasy Grounds Unity Installer and Settings and not in FG Classic. Please paste it in instead of typing it so that you don't mix up O's and 0's. Our license keys always use zeros. Also make sure to remove any spaces at the end and then run an Update.

leetsteele
August 16th, 2019, 15:31
This is the message I got from Doug. In case it helps you guys out.

That key is valid.

Please make sure you are only using it in the new Fantasy Grounds Unity Installer and Settings and not in FG Classic. Please paste it in instead of typing it so that you don't mix up O's and 0's. Our license keys always use zeros. Also make sure to remove any spaces at the end and then run an Update.

Oh i was not aware there is a new fantasy ground unity installer. ill have to look into that when i get home, bet thats my issue

johnezell
August 16th, 2019, 15:32
You should have received a download to an .msi file from John G that is the new installer.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2019, 15:52
FG Unity is completely separate from FG Classic, and has a different license key. Steam is currently only for FG Classic.

leetsteele
August 16th, 2019, 17:28
Yup found the installer from John G, must have just missed the email when it first showed up. its now been installed and the key worked without issue. im good to go, many thanks everyone!