PDA

View Full Version : FGU Alpha Bugs/Observations/Questions

xscapebb
August 16th, 2019, 06:41
I don't see an option for "Lock Tokens".

xscapebb
August 16th, 2019, 06:51
Every time I open FGU:
"
[8/16/2019 1:50:30 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] License check failed - Check your FG Settings to make sure you have the correct license key.
[8/16/2019 1:50:30 AM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
"

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2019, 07:17
Token Locking
Added note to Known Items post.
Token locking is not implemented. While we want some sort of movement history or approval long term, we haven't decided what that will be yet.

License Key
I checked your license key on my local install, and it worked. I sent you an email to make sure you have the right key.

Regards,
JPG

xscapebb
August 16th, 2019, 07:22
Token Locking: Check
License Key: Check (ty for the email)

xscapebb
August 16th, 2019, 19:05
(NOTE: some/any of this, below, could certainly be USER-ERROR, but just sharing thoughts of what I'm experiencing...)

Images (&Maps):

a bit confusing to me... SOME images appear in the (normal) "Maps/Images" menu item/window and SOME appear in the (new) "Assets > Images" menu/window-button(filter)… and SOME in BOTH... I assume there is some logic there but I can't figure it out...

Organization/Labeling of the "Map Building Assets" (which are all/mostly from the Kickstarter Stretch Goals) is "not great"... a bit confusing and cumbersome to find stuff, etc.

I "imported" a (somewhat large? approx. 2.5MB) existing map I have in use in FGC campaign to play with FGU LOS stuff...

1st... I had trouble FINDING where it imported to (doesn't seem to work exactly the same way it does in FGC, which is fine, I just couldn't determine what the new logic was)… ended up having to just text search for the name in order to find it...
Next... (possibly same "memory leak" problem already reported by others) when working on LOS for the map, performance got worse and worse and finally locked-up entire application. I left it "thinking" for 10-15min to see if it would recover but it never did and I had to kill in the task manager... when coming back in, MOST of the LOS stuff I had made was now missing.

Next... (definitely already reported) working with the map, zooming, etc. the Grid was flickering and even just not showing parts of the lines/grid. (100% possible this is related to the same "performance" problem above and not something to do with the Grid itself)

( final note - NONE of this, above, is meant to be a "bitch-list", just sharing what I'm seeing in the hopes that it might help identify areas to look at :o )

xscapebb
August 18th, 2019, 05:02
LAUNCHER - "typical" form behaviors don't work, like Tab to advance to another field and Enter to finish/submit

Custom Theme Extension - existing FGC ext... got everything to work (had to change fonts from fgr to ttf files, etc.), EXCEPT there is a small odd display issue with customized Dice Tower graphic. It 100% functions np. only error I see in the console is:
[WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
will investigate further...

Custom Module - existing FGC module... FGU doesn't seem to use/honor "Groups" from the Module XML. Such as... Story, Item, NPC... they are all just jumbled together under a Group named after the Module Name

A ton of different permutations of Attack Rolls using [ADV] and [DIS] buttons, using CT-Effects such as "ATK:1d4" and "GRANTADVATK" and "Dodge" and "Restrained", and various combinations/permutations thereof do NOT compute the correct roll totals

xscapebb
August 18th, 2019, 23:17
I've seen a bunch of other posts talking about this same issue, but I'm not sure if there is a clear/confirmed solution or if this is a current/known issue...

How can we connect a PLAYER session to our own GM Session (in order to fully test stuff) WITHOUT both sessions seeing the same USER(name).
I can indeed connect a PLAYER session and test SOME things, but there are a bunch of functions that FGU appears to "push/serve to the username" and thus won't work properly (player-vs-gm session).

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 22:36
Images and Maps
Image records show up in the campaign list, and are the "prepared" versions ready for play.
Image assets show up in the Assets window, and are the "building blocks" to build image records.

For FG Classic (the current version), there is no concept of "asset images", so any images must be included in an image record to be available at all. So, when an image was added to a FGC campaign, an image record was created automatically. This only is a valid assumption when the image record to image asset is a one-to-one relationship.

In FG Unity, the concept is split up so that you have an image record which incorporates one or more image graphic assets, as well as tokens/links/etc. We can't assume to automatically create image records, because image records can be made of zero or more image assets now. There is no longer a one-to-one relationship.

Image Asset Organization
Do you have any thoughts on what you would have expected to see?
The current organization scheme is by "product package" folder, then broken down by asset type subfolders, and then the individual assets.

Image Importing
As noted in Images and Maps answer above, things work differently in FGU.

Lag/Lockup when applying LOS to Largish Map
Added as task

Grid Flickering
Already reported as [FGU-355]

Standard Window Behaviors in Launcher
Yeah, built-in Unity controls don't seem to have any "default" behaviors, such as Tab/Enter. It has to all be manually built. Filed as task FGU-390.

Custom Theme Extension Graphic Cutoff
This is most likely the exact same as a previously reported issue, so I'll leave it in that task. ([FGU-205] - [5E] - Dice tower graphic is clipped on top)

Custom Module Groups Ignored
Filed as task FGU-391.

5E Rolls Not Computing Correctly
Can you provide a couple concrete examples, and steps to recreate?
We already know that the dice expression displayed in the chat window does not show up correctly when more than one die rolled.

Testing Player Connection On Same Machine
What's the exact error message you are getting? I can connect to both local and cloud instances using the same installation on my machine.

Regards,
JPG

xscapebb
August 19th, 2019, 22:45
[ 5E Rolls Not Computing Correctly
Can you provide a couple concrete examples, and steps to recreate?
We already know that the dice expression displayed in the chat window does not show up correctly when more than one die rolled. ]

found literally TONS of examples... guess is they are all "versions" of the same combination-logic... here's simple example:

Put this effect on the "attacker" in the CT: "ATK:1d4;ADVATK;" - target an enemy and roll... assess the "computation"/outcome in the chat window.
Next...
Put this effect on the "target" in the CT: "GRANTADVATK;" - target an enemy and roll... assess the "computation"/outcome in the chat window.

Try the same (above) but using the [ADV] button instead of the effect... although I think the "ATK:1d4" in combination with advantage is what causes the problem.

Found same/similar problems with DISadvantage as well... imo, there is a bug in how the roll is being computed when there are modifiers AND ADV/DIS.

If this is not clear enough, I can come up with some screen-shots.... let me know.

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 22:50
Thanks. I've added as task FGU-392. We've been mainly focused on image and UI cleanup, so we'll need to do a pass on the dice expression system it sounds like.

Regards,
JPG

xscapebb
August 19th, 2019, 22:52
[ Testing Player Connection On Same Machine
What's the exact error message you are getting? I can connect to both local and cloud instances using the same installation on my machine. ]

it is not that I can't CONNECT... the problem is that when I connect it is automatically connecting me with the same USERNAME...
so then I can't:
- whisper between the two sessions
- Token placement and LOS doesn't work correctly on the PLAYER session
- etc.

OR maybe I doing something else wrong? my thinking was that the problem(s) are due to being logged into 2 sessions as the same USERNAME... I saw someone else saying they had this problem and I THINK saying they figured out how to get around it, but wasn't clear... I tried a bunch of things and couldn't get any of them to work, so I figured I'd ask rather than continue "beating my head against the wall" :)

summary of the problem/question: how can I have 2 FGU sessions (GM and PLAYER) where they are NOT using the same USERNAME?

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 23:27
You can have a host and player session with different user names; only if you have two accounts on the FG web site, and you set up a separate second machine as a demo install (no license key) using that second user name.

Having the same user name should not have any impact on the functionality. If you are seeing an issue between the player and client, please report them with any details you have. For example, whisper is based on PC name, not user name; and token placement and LOS is independent of user name. Separate user names should not be the problem; and if it is, we will look into that.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 00:16
I couldn't join myself while my GM name was the same as the player name. I had to change my GM name in the Host Campaign section :)

When I keep my user name as my GM name then I get the following error:

[20.08.2019 01:13:24] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/20/2019 1:16:12 AM] [NOTICE] Attempting named connection to server.
[8/20/2019 1:16:15 AM] [NOTICE] User 'Kelrugem' attempting authorization.
[8/20/2019 1:16:16 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Connection error - User name already in use. You must restart and choose another user name.

But this message is not always there, more often I am stuck in the Join screen instead (the one with "Joining host at...")

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2019, 00:58
Ooohh, do you mean the GM name entered on the launch screen in the GM Name field on the Launcher?

JPG

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2019, 01:11
Oh yeah, I was finally able to recreate doing that. Why did you do that? ;) I always leave as "GM".

Filed as task FGU-399.

Thanks,
JPG

xscapebb
August 20th, 2019, 01:15
lol - I thought it mattered (somehow) that the GM "name" was me?

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 01:33
Oh yeah, I was finally able to recreate doing that. Why did you do that? ;) I always leave as "GM".

Filed as task FGU-399.

Thanks,
JPG

:D

I like my name ;)

xscapebb
August 20th, 2019, 02:49
(literally as I'm typing)
I created a GM-Session via "Host Campaign" and I input GM Name: "xscapeGM" , Cloud|Public with a Password - loaded fine/np
Then I opened a new FGU instance and went to "Join Campaign"...
1. there is no "username" option here; it automatically joins as ME "xscapebb"... ok, not a big deal but seems like people should have the option to join as ________
2. There is nowhere to PRE-enter the password... instead I try to join and it comes back like an "Error" that I have the wrong Password and offers me an input and a RETRY button... again not a huge problem, I enter it and click RETRY...
3. 15-20 minutes now... "joining host at (xscapebb)"

am I doing something that should or shouldn't work?

xscapebb
August 20th, 2019, 03:18
I tried again without the password option and it connects....

I tried adding a grid and LOS to one of the SmiteWorks FG-Battle Maps (Cave, the 1st one in the list)…
works fine on the GM session...
doesn't work on the PLAYER session...
- PLAYER can't move token on the map
- PLAYER can't change token
- PLAYER map view is not "synced" with GM map view (GM moves token and Player side doesn't and vice-versa)
- map placement is not "the same" on PLAYER side... the LOS and the actual map/walls are not "colinear"

xscapebb
August 20th, 2019, 05:15
deer_buster and I just had voice chat and test attempt on FGU...

I was GM.
deer_buster was Player.

he connected to my campaign ok via the Lobby > Cloud|Public list
he quick created a PC and I placed him in the CT

NOTE: Player cannot see ANY Tokens in their "Assets" window...

Dropped him on a map and shared it
(on a map from Smite Works "FG Battle Maps" with NO editing/mask/LOS) he could see the map but NOT his token
different test(s)…
(on a map from WotC Atlas that I had added some LOS to) he could not see the map at all "solid gray"...
I tried everything I could think of enabling masks, deleting masks, enabling LOS, disabling, unsharing, re-sharing, etc...
nothing worked.

Meanwhile we also tried Whispers... he COULD whisper to me, but I could not whisper to him
I checked my console:
[8/19/2019 11:58:45 PM] [NOTICE] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:475: deliverOOBMessage: Invalid recipient
[8/19/2019 11:59:31 PM] [NOTICE] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:475: deliverOOBMessage: Invalid recipient
[8/19/2019 11:59:52 PM] [NOTICE] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:475: deliverOOBMessage: Invalid recipient

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2019, 23:39
Per Campaign Player Names
As I noted in another thread, FG user names are now used for all hosting/connecting interactions. This is a requirement for us to provide cloud services to bypass port forwarding requirement in current version. So, the user name will always be your FG user name from your Settings. The GM name and player PC character name are still used for all chat and rolls. (same as current FG)

Player Map Issues
Thanks for checking this. I'll file some internal tasks as I get a chance to recreate, but as noted in initial alpha test, we are not looking at connected scenarios yet. We're still focused on fine-tuning the core experience, then advance to networking/connectivity tasks.

Player Asset Visibility
Each user should only see the assets that they own. I'll have to check to see if that's being correctly handled on the player client (see note above). Currently, we do not have any mechanism to "share" GM assets to a player, as that requires a lot more code for that subsystem which isn't the highest priority. It is something that we want to review long term, but will likely be after initial release.

Whisper Script Errors
Added as task FGU-407.

Regards,
JPG