PDA

View Full Version : Sort of memory leak and other things

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 03:40
Hi :)

Did some more testing and found the following:

While accepting the licensing agreement I can remember that some words were cut off by the window (to the right).
When adding a Myst layer one gets some sort of flickering while moving around the map :)
After enabling the global mask for FoW the fill rectangle function is inverted, i.e. it works like the Remove Rectangle function. As long as there is at least a place with cleared FoW the Fill Rectangle function works :)
By pressing both mouse buttons to make and delete a pointer I realized that one sometimes get the circle menu of clicking the right mouse button. In FGC this is not happening when the left mouse button is pressed at the same time.
I had several layers while the LoS layer was at the bottom (at least not at the top). When I changed something in the LoS walls etc. and then pressed CTRL + Z to redo something, the LoS layer moved to the top, resulting into that an active FX layer were suddenly in the background
There is some sort of memory leak while FGU is active. Seems to be produced by several actions, especially when one is editing the LoS layer and zooming in and out very often and fast. While doing this I observed that the RAM usage increases very very fast. Doing that for ~5 seconds results into an increase of 1-2 GB Ram. But the Ram is released very very slowly such that the usage stays a long time that high. (Right at the moment my RAM usage is at 22 GB, just for FGU and while I used and edited the LoS Layer of the Cragmaw Castle of LMoP :) ) But the 64 bit seems to work ;) But then exiting FGU takes a really long time
Sometimes I can not really touch the layers to change the order. The layers seem not to answer always
Can one erase the LoS walls etc. somehow? At the moment I click the nodes and press delete, but that seems a bit tedious for big walls :) EDIT: Okay, I just realized that one can select multiple nodes. Resolved :)
Is there a way to exit the launcher while in full window mode (except ALT+F4 etc., there is seemingly no exit button anymore or I do not see it)
also the grid flickers a bit while moving around the map

Sorry for these many things :D But I write it better down now before I forgot everything again :D

Kelrugem

EDIT: I love the weather effects and how LoS works :D

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2019, 07:52
It's hard to keep up with you, Kelrugem. :)

Global Mask Behavior
Last time I checked, this was working as expected. When enabling the global mask, it covers the entire map by default. Then, you "cut out" areas you want to allow players to see.
If this is not working as expected, then I'll need to review and file a new task.

Others
The following tasks have been added:
FGU-348 = EULA cut off on launch screen
FGU-349 = Flickering while active FX layer
FGU-350 = Radial menu appears while trying to draw quick pointer
FGU-351 = Layer position in layer list changes incorrectly when performing undo/redo
FGU-352 = Memory leak on image interaction
FGU-353 = Layer list interaction is not consistent
FGU-354 = Unable to exit launcher when maximized
FGU-355 = Grid flicker when panning map

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 18:45
It's hard to keep up with you, Kelrugem. :)

Global Mask Behavior
Last time I checked, this was working as expected. When enabling the global mask, it covers the entire map by default. Then, you "cut out" areas you want to allow players to see.
If this is not working as expected, then I'll need to review and file a new task.

Others
The following tasks have been added:
FGU-348 = EULA cut off on launch screen
FGU-349 = Flickering while active FX layer
FGU-350 = Radial menu appears while trying to draw quick pointer
FGU-351 = Layer position in layer list changes incorrectly when performing undo/redo
FGU-352 = Memory leak on image interaction
FGU-353 = Layer list interaction is not consistent
FGU-354 = Unable to exit launcher when maximized
FGU-355 = Grid flicker when panning map

Regards,
JPG

Oh, oops, sorry, I had fun testing it ;)

Thank you very much for your answer :)

To the FoW (sorry for my bad explanation :) ): I meant that there are two buttons for deleting and creating FoW. As far as I can see the "Remove Rectangle" button cuts out the areas to clear them from the fog while the "Fill Rectangle" creates new fog inside the rectangle. (I hope I understood that correctly :) ) But when the global mask was activated, so the players can't see anthing, then the "Fill Rectangle" actually behaves like the "Remove Rectangle", so it cuts out spaces, too. But when there is at least one spot where players can see something then "Fill Rectangle" behaves as usual, i.e. it creates new fog. That was confusing for me at the beginning. I had "Fill Rectangle" activated and it cutted out the fog when everything was "dark", so I thought that this cuts out the fog. But then it switched its behaviour to create new fog :) "Remove Rectangle" seems to work always in the same way. That is what I meant with that the behaviour of "Fill Rectangle" is inverted when everything is covered by FoW :) But normally one would not use "Fill Rectangle" when everything is covered in fog (since one does not need extra fog), thus, I am not sure if it is a bug. It could also be useful when one does not need to switch directly to "Remove Rectangle" :)

pindercarl
August 16th, 2019, 18:53
Are you seeing the unexpected behavior on the GM side or the client side?

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 18:55

This was on the GM side :) Client side I didn't test yet :)

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 21:14
Just wanted to test the client side, too. But Somehow I can not join myself. I guess, localhost still works? :) I also tried the cloud option etc. but no success so far (and I checked my port forwarding for the local option, should work hopefully). Which options to join myself are expected to work at the moment? :)

EDIT: I am always stuck at "Joining host at [...]", but maybe I have to wait a bit longer :)

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2019, 21:34
Just click join game and select the game you want to join; don't put anything else anywhere.

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 21:45
Just click join game and select the game you want to join; don't put anything else anywhere.

Thank you :) I tried that, but so far still no success, always stuck in the joining screen. (and the "Refresh" button on the "Join Campaign" page seems not to work, only at the very beginning when one just started FGU; but switching to "Host Campaign" and back refreshes the page as a workaround). I will play a bit around with the options in the hope that I can join myself at some point :)

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 22:14
Okay, resolved, finally some console messages were sent to me (took some time), old problem: Had the same name as player as I have as GM... :D Seemingly I can not change my player name (seems to take my forum name), but I changed my GM name and now it worked :)

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 22:53

Now I have tested it:

This also happens on the client side. However, the FoW (and the whole LoS system, it seems) is not immediately updated on the client side. I have to move the player token to force an update on the client side :)
Also Fx Layers are not immediately updated on the client side while it's being changed/added with the player seeing the image already. I have to toggle visibility on/off to force an update :) Also the dropdown menu for Fx layers is not always showing any Fx options (though the Fx layer was selected). I had to play a bit with the options (like switching to the LoS options etc.) to get options. Maybe FG does not always Fx layers? :) (maybe connected to the problem above about layers not reacting properly)
I really like that players can open doors on their own :) Thus, a suggestion: Would it be possible to allow secret doors? I.e. a door wall which can only be opened by the GM :) I tried adding secret doors with adding a new wall layer which is only visible to the GM. Although such a door blocks vision the player still gets an overlay for opening it and once opened the door always stays open also when one closes it again (so no vision blocking anymore in such layers). Would be a nice thing to have secret doors :D
When I add a Smiteworks portrait to a newly created player character before I add that player character to the CT then the client side will not see the token image in the CT, resulting into empty tokens on the map :D But adding the portrait again later fixes this :) (and that only happens to new characters. Characters, which are not in the CT but already were, seemingly do not have this problem :) ) EDIT: Okay, also after reloading the campaign these token images vanish, but I remember to have read this somewhere already
The water layer is slightly different on the client side, not sure if a bug though. On the GM side the waves are concentric circles while the client sees ellipses (true ellipses I mean, so not a circle) :)
The scrolling speed in the Fx options using the mouse wheel is really slow :)
And, surely known: There is no "Go back to Launcher" anymore within a campaign :)

That was all, I hope :D (when I forgot something I write again :) )

EDIT: It is possible to get stuck as a player in the LoS walls as in corners at doors, see the attached image. The player can move into it but not out :) and I guess that it is intended that there is not toolbar for clients yet (like drawing as usual)? :)

Kelrugem
August 17th, 2019, 00:35
Other things I have found now, too (I've also added some other things in the previous message by editing).

The targeting selection rectangle from the toolbar does not work for me.
There is seemingly no hotkey anymore to switch between deleting and making new fog for FoW, I guess? :) Though the colour of the boundary of the selection-rectangle still changes while pressing control or shift.
There is also not yet any free drawn shapes anymore, isn't it? (I mean for creating/deleting FoW or targeting selection) :)
I also get sometimes other error messages while I try to use the new mapping tools but I am not sure if these are user errors since I do not really know yet how to use them (like the tile and stamps button etc.)

Sorry for that amount of messages, hopefully it helps :) Have to work a bit now, so it stops some while ;)

Kelrugem
August 17th, 2019, 23:36
Some other minor things I noticed :)

The animations of the Fx layers reset when one switches to another layer to edit something :)
As far as I can see the default of LoS is deactivated and the "eye" icon is black when activated and grey when deactivated. The problem is that when one opens an image for the first time (i.e. LoS deactivated) the eye icon is black. That can be a bit confusing :) But not really a problem
The 3D dice can not "hit" each other anymore, I mean the collisions do not work anymore. I guess this was supposed? (not sure if a bug) :)
I miss the Unity splash screen :D (I saw the updates with respect to this :) I just liked it but can understand when there are reasons for removing it)

I really like how the Myst layer now looks like :) While panning one has some sort of 3D feeling :)

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2019, 21:59
Global Mask Fill Issue
I was able to recreate this, and provide the steps. I've added as task FGU-381.

Targeting Selection
Verified. I've added as task FGU-382.

Got to run right now. Will finish up the remaining items later.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 18th, 2019, 22:26
Global Mask Fill Issue
I was able to recreate this, and provide the steps. I've added as task FGU-381.

Targeting Selection
Verified. I've added as task FGU-382.

Got to run right now. Will finish up the remaining items later.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks :) Should we also already report ruleset specific things about rulesets besides CoreRPG and 5e? I was not sure if I should already report things about 3.5e because you said that 3.5e is not yet tested (such that it is already somehow on the "possible fix/to-look-at list") :) (and since the other tasks might be more important at the moment :) )

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 17:27
You can go ahead and report. We'll most likely be prioritizing 5E and CoreRPG fixes, with PFRPG2/PFRPG/3.5E as a secondary priority. (Basically, by usage)

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 17:46
Continued...

Modifier Key to Invest Global Mask Remove/Fill
Added as task [FGU-384].

Shapes for Global Mask or Target Selection
No, there are no selection shapes. The only shapes are in Paint and LOS modes, and then only rectangle/ellipse.

Other Error Messages
Please go ahead and report any error messages, so we can at least look into or track them. We're still in catch up mode from initial alpha launch, so really only Carl is getting a chance to fix these at this point. As things settle from initial alpha launch, I'll be working on tasks as well. One of the challenges is that I have to verify and write-up every item, so that we can prioritize and work on them as a team.

FX Layer Reset on Layer Change
I didn't see this when selecting or moving other layers after adding a Myst FX layer. Can you provide me steps to help recreate?
(Note: I may not be seeing this because I'm running a slightly newer build, but I want to be sure.)

LOS Toggle not correct on first open
I can't recreate, but it might be because Carl already saw and pushed into latest code files. Please let me know if you see again after I get a chance to push another update. It might be a day or so.

3D dice collision
The 3D dice are specifically coded not to collide with each other. This is consistent with FG Classic; as well as avoiding most of the problem of dice stacking and wedging that would occur if they did. We may revisit later, but no plans right now.

Cheers,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 19th, 2019, 19:58
Thanks :) And sorry when my informations are sometimes not having enough details. Was never in any alpha and so I do not really know yet how to report stuff :D So, I hope I get better in that :) I will make another thread for my 3.5e things, to separate bug reports a bit

Continued...

Modifier Key to Invest Global Mask Remove/Fill
Added as task [FGU-384].

No, there are no selection shapes. The only shapes are in Paint and LOS modes, and then only rectangle/ellipse.

Ah okay, thanks :) I liked the free-drawn shape in FGC and with the new LoS system one could create nice darkness effects as for darkness spells using e.g. a circle :) (the walls etc. would not work that nicely for that) But I only asked because it was possible in FGC and wanted to make sure if it is intended that it is gone :)

Other Error Messages
Please go ahead and report any error messages, so we can at least look into or track them. We're still in catch up mode from initial alpha launch, so really only Carl is getting a chance to fix these at this point. As things settle from initial alpha launch, I'll be working on tasks as well. One of the challenges is that I have to verify and write-up every item, so that we can prioritize and work on them as a team.

I get an error message when using the stamp in paint mode. When I click on the map I get the following error:

[8/19/2019 8:28:48 PM] [ERROR] UPDATE: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at NDBMCKJPPCM.BEHOMGDKBOC (UnityEngine.Vector2 NHHHFBADNKL, System.Boolean POCDGHFHGJP) [0x0006f] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at NDBMCKJPPCM.AAOPJPAKOEN (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 NHHHFBADNKL) [0x00024] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at GOMNCHKILDL.DKLOGNJMENK (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 PHGOGIEIGBN) [0x00060] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at GMGNGILAJHH.ReceiveClickUp (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 PHGOGIEIGBN) [0x0001b] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OLLKAEIGMBE.KFIDKKCOJLD (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE) [0x001dc] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OLLKAEIGMBE.EHIPNPCFPLA () [0x00056] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.OPONKNKANPL () [0x00008] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.Update () [0x00021] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0

But I am sure that this is an error from my side, I just do not know yet what the stamp is doing and how to configure it :)

FX Layer Reset on Layer Change
I didn't see this when selecting or moving other layers after adding a Myst FX layer. Can you provide me steps to help recreate?
(Note: I may not be seeing this because I'm running a slightly newer build, but I want to be sure.)

Funnily the Myst layer seems to work fine :D I tested the rain and snow layer just again and there I can see the reset in the animation when I switch to another layer. It is easy to see when you click very often on some layer, then the ongoing Fx layer resets (e.g. snow particles go back to their initial position) :)

LOS Toggle not correct on first open
I can't recreate, but it might be because Carl already saw and pushed into latest code files. Please let me know if you see again after I get a chance to push another update. It might be a day or so.

Ah okay, nice when it is seemingly changed :) I will let you know when I still see it after the next update

3D dice collision
The 3D dice are specifically coded not to collide with each other. This is consistent with FG Classic; as well as avoiding most of the problem of dice stacking and wedging that would occur if they did. We may revisit later, but no plans right now.

Cheers,
JPG

I understand :) I only asked to make sure that this was an intended change :) (I somehow had collisions in the very first version of FGU I had, but maybe I remember that wrong)

Kelrugem
August 19th, 2019, 22:18
When I start the 5E Sample Campaign then I get now the the following message (two consoles are opening, but seems to be twice the same? not sure why I get two consoles)

[19.08.2019 23:12:35] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] ONLOAD: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
at HFAMECHJPIF.CKKNLOMHJLH (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN, System.Int64 IFLODJCOCFH) [0x0002c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at ENHLDEAOABN.PLAOOEPDKKN (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN) [0x000f4] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JHKMIDEKOGK.KDECMEHCKPL (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN) [0x0001c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at AIKNNGLBIND.PDFJBFNAGGD[T] (PEHBPGIIOEP DDGOIGDBLEK, System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN, T JCICDIIDBPA) [0x0002e] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at AIKNNGLBIND.MDMBHMBINGC (System.IO.Stream JHLKGCKHGDO, HOGNONEJIAA DLFKDMOCIHI) [0x00146] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at PDLGEHCOMMJ.PLBLDMABFKK (System.IO.Stream GJPDHAPDDKD, System.String OHEOHGIMJHO) [0x00006] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at DFCJOCIDCGF.LNMLJDMLNFP (MDPGNEBOFPC IPFONEMDECI, System.String GGLJEMNEOOH) [0x000d5] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OCAHPPILHBE.NCOHABEBFJA (MDPGNEBOFPC IPFONEMDECI, System.String GGLJEMNEOOH) [0x0046f] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OCAHPPILHBE.FLHDLCLEAIM (System.String JFLPOJFNDKH, System.Boolean IGBDGDHCGLK) [0x00138] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at ADBLNGLIKEJ.BNDJBEDJCBI () [0x00000] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JFIKBOGEBLM.KMKBHHFNLFN () [0x0004c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JFIKBOGEBLM.EEHJFMCHJMJ () [0x00000] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at GFMNEJHCMEB.EEHJFMCHJMJ () [0x00022] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.CHHLBFGLIBL () [0x0000a] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (VersionManager2) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (CharManager) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (CombatManager2) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (GameSystem) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.

[19.08.2019 23:12:35] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:39 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] ONLOAD: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
at HFAMECHJPIF.CKKNLOMHJLH (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN, System.Int64 IFLODJCOCFH) [0x0002c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at ENHLDEAOABN.PLAOOEPDKKN (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN) [0x000f4] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JHKMIDEKOGK.KDECMEHCKPL (System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN) [0x0001c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at AIKNNGLBIND.PDFJBFNAGGD[T] (PEHBPGIIOEP DDGOIGDBLEK, System.IO.BinaryReader KADDCMEOABN, T JCICDIIDBPA) [0x0002e] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at AIKNNGLBIND.MDMBHMBINGC (System.IO.Stream JHLKGCKHGDO, HOGNONEJIAA DLFKDMOCIHI) [0x00146] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at PDLGEHCOMMJ.PLBLDMABFKK (System.IO.Stream GJPDHAPDDKD, System.String OHEOHGIMJHO) [0x00006] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at DFCJOCIDCGF.LNMLJDMLNFP (MDPGNEBOFPC IPFONEMDECI, System.String GGLJEMNEOOH) [0x000d5] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OCAHPPILHBE.NCOHABEBFJA (MDPGNEBOFPC IPFONEMDECI, System.String GGLJEMNEOOH) [0x0046f] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at OCAHPPILHBE.FLHDLCLEAIM (System.String JFLPOJFNDKH, System.Boolean IGBDGDHCGLK) [0x00138] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at ADBLNGLIKEJ.BNDJBEDJCBI () [0x00000] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JFIKBOGEBLM.KMKBHHFNLFN () [0x0004c] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at JFIKBOGEBLM.EEHJFMCHJMJ () [0x00000] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at GFMNEJHCMEB.EEHJFMCHJMJ () [0x00022] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.CHHLBFGLIBL () [0x0000a] in <d60d9ca2f2444eceb116bc7522a48181>:0
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (VersionManager2) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (CharManager) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (CombatManager2) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[19.08.2019 23:12:48] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (GameSystem) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[8/19/2019 11:12:48 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.

Seems that some lua files are missing. But I only have this problem in the provided campaign, not in my campaigns which I have created :)

Kelrugem
August 19th, 2019, 23:09
And when I now try to connect as a player and share a map with the player's character token on it then the player can not see his token, only the GM sees that token :) Worked the last time when I checked that, so I do not know what could have changed

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 23:11
You can free hand draw in Paint/LOS modes by simply clicking and dragging the mouse; or you can use the segmented line draw by clicking for each stroke point, and double-click to finish the segmented line.
For global mask and targeting, we'll revisit that down the road a bit, once we see what people need. You can use Shift key with Token Selection/Targeting to append selection.

Exception Error during Stamp Tool of Paint Mode
Do you have a graphic placed in the attribute toolbar preview area when in stamp mode?
If that's the issue, then I found a similar issue earlier that I believe Carl has fixed for next update. The solution is just not to throw an error though; it still won't stamp anything because no image is selected.

FX Layer Reset on Layer Selection Change
Filed as task FGU-394.

Exceptions on Sample 5E Campaign
It looks like you have the WIzards Language Font extension enabled. This is already documented as [FGU-366] - Font loading issue in Wizards font extension.
If that's not the issue, please let me know.

Regards,
JPG

pindercarl
August 19th, 2019, 23:24
And when I now try to connect as a player and share a map with the player's character token on it then the player can not see his token, only the GM sees that token :) Worked the last time when I checked that, so I do not know what could have changed

I got a bug from John that player tokens are not visible on the client map if the image is re-shared. Could that be the issue here?

Kelrugem
August 19th, 2019, 23:50
Thanks to the answers :)

You can free hand draw in Paint/LOS modes by simply clicking and dragging the mouse; or you can use the segmented line draw by clicking for each stroke point, and double-click to finish the segmented line.
For global mask and targeting, we'll revisit that down the road a bit, once we see what people need. You can use Shift key with Token Selection/Targeting to append selection.

Thanks for the insight :) Right, I didn't think about the Shift Key for the token selection.

Exception Error during Stamp Tool of Paint Mode
Do you have a graphic placed in the attribute toolbar preview area when in stamp mode?
If that's the issue, then I found a similar issue earlier that I believe Carl has fixed for next update. The solution is just not to throw an error though; it still won't stamp anything because no image is selected.

Ah, now I see the problem. I already assumed that I have to place somehow some graphics in that little window directly under the stamp button. I just found out that one has to drag&drop the graphics there. I always double-clicked on it to get some window telling me what to do. When I double-clicked on it I always got the window about changing the colour and was confused then. Some tooltip there with the information about that drag&drop could be nice for newer users :) But doing that I found some other little issue: One can seemingly use the change colour option to change the colour of assets (at least for the blood drops I tested). When I change colour while the stamp is activated the stamp still uses the previous colour. Switching e.g. to some other mode and then back to the stamp resolves this. So, not really an issue but in my opinion it would be nicer when the colour immediately changes for the active stamp :) (but the review window, where the asset lies in in the toolbar, changes it colour immediately, just the outcome of that stamp does not immediately change its colour)
EDIT: And yes, without the error message it would look a bit better :)

FX Layer Reset on Layer Selection Change
Filed as task FGU-394.

Exceptions on Sample 5E Campaign
It looks like you have the WIzards Language Font extension enabled. This is already documented as [FGU-366] - Font loading issue in Wizards font extension.
If that's not the issue, please let me know.

Regards,
JPG

You're completely right, that was the issue. Sorry, I forgot to turn off this extension, I thought I did already :)

I got a bug from John that player tokens are not visible on the client map if the image is re-shared. Could that be the issue here?

Just tested it: This also happens on newly shared images for me. I can also not share pointers and the player often does not see anything from the map (although LoS and FoW was deactivated such that they should see the whole of the map). But sometimes the player suddenly sees it, but later everything is gone again (but the tokens are never visible)

While I tested this I also realized that rotating the tokens with a mous wheel sometimes work in 90° increments instead of the usual 45°. When I move the token then it suddenly rotates to the (what-I-think) correct position to which it should normally have rotated. I tested this on the lvl 10 map of the Dungeon of the Mad Mage (I could not always recreate that issue but it happened more often on that map for some reason. But I still had to play a bit with it until I was able to create that issue) :)

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2019, 00:56
Paint Stamp Color
I just tried this using the following steps, and it worked as expected. Perhaps you used different steps? (or perhaps I have a slightly newer build that addressed?)
* Open existing image
* Click Layers mode
* Click Stamp tool
* Drag and drop image graphic from Assets window to Stamp preview
* Click on color icon to apply a custom color
* Click on map to apply graphic with custom color.

Missing tokens
Are you using portrait tokens? (i.e. tokens automatically created from portraits) Or are you using dedicated tokens assigned from the Assets view?
We had some issues previously with portrait tokens I may need to look into again.

Sporadic Token Rotation Issue
Filed as task FGU-398.

Thanks again,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 01:32
Paint Stamp Color
I just tried this using the following steps, and it worked as expected. Perhaps you used different steps? (or perhaps I have a slightly newer build that addressed?)
* Open existing image
* Click Layers mode
* Click Stamp tool

I just tried that and indeed this works (but I have to choose the stamp tool again after I attached a graphic to the stamp because this attaching results into jumping back to the "Add line" mode although I had the stamp mode activated). But I may have found out what was causing that problem, here the way to reproduce it:
* Open existing image
* Click Layers mode
* Click Stamp tool
* Click Stamp tool again :D

Then the problem with the colour as described above happens (observe that I have changed the colour after I added it to the map. When I change the colour before starting stamping as you did then it works properly) :)

EDIT: Actually it was (for me at least) good that it jumped back to the "Add line" mode because having an image in that small window and having the "Add line" mode activated is seemingly the Impromptu mapping :D I wondered where this hides and finally found that ;) So far it is a really cool tool :D
EDIT2: It is seemingly not only a problem for changing the colour. Also the rotation and mirroring options do not seem to work properly (with same procedure of reproducing it). But seemingly only the overlay at the mouse pointer is not updated correctly, when I stamp the outcome of these options seems to be correct

While doing this I realized that my layer selection sometimes jumps "down" when I click on a layer to select it. Scrolling with the mouse wheel fixes this (see the attached image, you see a big gap from the first layer to the top of that sub-window)

Missing tokens
Are you using portrait tokens? (i.e. tokens automatically created from portraits) Or are you using dedicated tokens assigned from the Assets view?
We had some issues previously with portrait tokens I may need to look into again.

Yes, I was using portrait tokens :) Sorry, didn't see that this issue was maybe already known

Sporadic Token Rotation Issue
Filed as task FGU-398.

Thanks again,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 02:37
In the adventure module for 5E, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, the pins are missing on the DM and player maps, there is just one pin in the upper left corner :) In FGC the pins are displayed correctly, is this known? So, the pins have to be redone?

EDIT: When I first open the DM map of the first level of Dungeon of the mad Mage and then the players' one (while DM is still open) then one can see the DM map in the upper left corner as a transparent overlay :) Closing the DM map fixes that

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 03:02
Other bug when applying LoS stuff like walls:

The middle mouse button seems to have some disturbing function while adding walls, terrain or a door.
* Take Rectangle or Ellipse function for adding e.g. a wall
* Draw it and finish it by left-clicking
* Immediately after that pan the map with the middle mouse button
* Drawn thing will vanish
And: (the following does not always happen, sporadic)
* Take Line function instead
* Draw it and do not finish it
* Pan the map with the middle mouse button
* Then an additional node will be added (seemingly at the place where one started panning the map) or the drawing will simply be finished

And maybe additional things, panning the map while editing the LoS layer seemingly causes unexpected things sometimes.

Also:

I also realized when I pan the map while LoS is activated and "wobble" it quickly while panning then the "dark LoS overlay" moves a little bit behing that wobbling, resulting into that I can look through a wall a bit :) Not many would do this but with that one could try to detect secret doors, not sure if that important :)
When I use the rectangle and ellipse function for LoS there is also another issue: Take e.g. rectangle click on some spot, just once, so clicking once and not holding the mouse button. Do not move the mouse pointer. Then, on the same spot, drag the rectangle structure as usual. Select the node at this one spot where we clicked once. Delete it and it is still there :D Seemingly this "clicking once on a spot" creates some sort of invisible node such that there are two nodes suddenly. The deleting of the node may or may not delete a wall segment depending on whether that wall segment is connected to the deleted node.
This double node problem also arises in regular structures. When I stop making a wall and go back later to it to finish it. Then I start the line clicking on the node where I stopped but this will produce a second node there. The lines seem to attach to each other but editing gets messy: When I try to move a node, it is not clear which node will be moved, resulting into one moved node while the other one rests on its place such that the wall is "broken up" there. It also gets problematic when I try to delete specific wall segments. Depending on which node I get, just only one of the two (or more) wall segments at that node will be deleted. This is the reason why I have added an extra node inside the wall for my secret door wall (the image in Doug's stickied LoS thread) because I was not always able to delete the "correct" wall segment since one has no control over which node on this "pile of nodes" gets deleted :) Is it somehow possible to merge nodes into one node? Or to just delete a segment of a wall without deleting the notes on its boundary? (EDIT: After drawing now some walls etc. I now personally prefer the "pile of nodes" because with that I can draw extra shapes on top of others which can be deleted ingame, allowing "opening" secret doors as mentioned above. So, see this more as an observation, I personally do not know now what the best design is :D Without this pile of nodes my approach for secret doors would not work. So this is maybe just a matter of "getting used to it". At the beginning it can be confusing because there are not always enough visual hints about how many nodes are piled at some spot)
When there is an LoS overlap of a door with a wall then it can happen that the door somehow partially deactivates the vision-blocking of the back of the door resulting into that the player can look a bit through the door although it is closed :) (this also depends somehow on the angle between token and door) the add line function for doors seems to be better because it automatically attachs to wall segments and nodes avoiding that glitch :) See the image
Adding or removing FoW also resets specific animations, similar to the behaviour mentioned above, this seemingly happens at other actions, too (like free-hand drawing etc.) :) Is it also intended that creating and deleting of FoW only works when the global mask is activated before? I thought that the global mask is just about creating a global FoW overlay but seemingly FoW can only be created/deleted when the global mask is activated
When I am in the Transmorm tab then I can use the transform mode to double-click on assets etc. on the map to select their layer, isn't it? This seemingly works fine but not when I do this with painting layers :) Having a lot of layers with the name "painting" makes it a bit difficult to erase a specific one and the eraser is a bit difficult to use. It would be also nice when one could name the layers somehow to find the correct one easier :)
Do I see it correctly that the "X button" in all the tabs are for resetting the settings made in that tab? (I mean the X button below the colour setting) When I have a graphic layer selected and when I then press the X button in the Transform tab, then the selected graphics/asset resets its size and moves to some other place on the map (always the same place). Is this movement intended? This also happens when I do this with the original map (e.g. Cragmaw Castle) although one can normally not edit anything of this graphics layer per default (like size etc.). Accidentally clicking on this reset button then results into a movement of the base image such that all attached pins are then on the wrong position.

And something related to dice:

When I roll a lot of dice manually by taking e.g a d20 and adding a lot more by right-clicking while holding that d20 and when I then drop these dice over the chat such that some of them will not drop into the chat, then these dice outside the chat roll fastly away or vanish and one has to wait some "long" time until one sees the result in the chat. I guess this is due to the "internal timer/deadline" for the dice mentioned in some other thread, especially for the ones outside the chat. Not really a big issue, but when one is not careful while dropping some dice then some bigger waiting time can occur. But I am not sure if it is easy to tell the code to ignore the "deadline" for the dice outside (although they are treated differently since they vanish and roll differently somehow)
When I take some die below the chat then one can see very shortly the same die in the middle of the decal :)

EDIT: I hope I do not annoy anyone with that many observations ^^

Kelrugem
August 20th, 2019, 20:35
When I minimize an image then it freezes instead where it is and can not be closed anymore (but opening it again fixes it, when the image does not cover the image window which could happen then I had to close FG) :)

The searching tool through the libraries on the right is a bit slow (proportional to the number of objects allowed by the filter) and the "line" in such a search entry field, which shows that I can now type into the search field, seems to be a bit out of place :)

EDIT: and sorry for swamping; I really like FGU so far, otherwise I would not test so many things :D

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2019, 01:29
Paint Stamp Color
* When using the Layers->Stamp tool, the color only applies to any new layers stamped to the map.
* When using the Layers->Transform tool, the color should only reflect the color value of the current layer (if set for single layer selection or for all layers in multi-layer selection); or an empty value (if no layers selected, or multiple layers selected with different color values). Filed as FGU-403, since it doesn't behave this way now.
* When using any of the Paint tools, the color seems to only update when using image paint. Line and image paint colors should be tracked separately. Filed as FGU-413.

Dungeon of Mad Mage Links
Did you revert the map at some point? It looks like reverting the record causes all the links to reset to upper left corner of image.

Dungeon of Mad Mage Multiple Map Transparent Display Issue
Can you try again with the latest build and see if this is still happening for you?
I can't recreate, and I know Carl added some changes to help prevent this sort of stuff from happening.
If you still see it happening, any specifics to recreate would be useful.

Middle Mouse Button Behavior
Added as task FGU-417.

More to come...

JPG

Kelrugem
August 21st, 2019, 02:22
Paint Stamp Color
* When using the Layers->Stamp tool, the color only applies to any new layers stamped to the map.
* When using the Layers->Transform tool, the color should only reflect the color value of the current layer (if set for single layer selection or for all layers in multi-layer selection); or an empty value (if no layers selected, or multiple layers selected with different color values). Filed as FGU-403, since it doesn't behave this way now.
* When using any of the Paint tools, the color seems to only update when using image paint. Line and image paint colors should be tracked separately. Filed as FGU-413.

[...]

Middle Mouse Button Behavior
Added as task FGU-417.

More to come...

JPG

Dungeon of Mad Mage Links
Did you revert the map at some point? It looks like reverting the record causes all the links to reset to upper left corner of image.

Dungeon of Mad Mage Multiple Map Transparent Display Issue
Can you try again with the latest build and see if this is still happening for you?
I can't recreate, and I know Carl added some changes to help prevent this sort of stuff from happening.
If you still see it happening, any specifics to recreate would be useful.

I am not sure whether I reverted the record at some point but I realized that I had these problems with all shared images while the non-shared ones look normal. Reverting changes fixed these issues now and unsharing/sharing it again does not reproduce it. Maybe it is now fixed since the last update? I will report back when I see that again :) Thanks :) EDIT: But I can't click any of the pins on the DM maps of the modules now (like Cragmaw Castle in LMoP), didn't check all DM maps :)

One map which was affected is the first level of Dungeon of the Mad Mage, but I am doing the walls there at the moment. As far as I can see "Revert" does not delete the LoS layer, isn't it? So I am safe when I would revert it now? (but I have no problem doing that again, I especially did that to test LoS :) )

EDIT: And I've also seen some different things now with LoS but I see that there might be new updates soon (for the memory issues), so I wait a bit before I report more. But something probably unexpected: The draw shape functions do not always produce an LoS wall, it also happens sporadically that the structure just vanishes and it does not react well with using the mouse wheel while drawing (that is probably connected to the issue with middle mouse button?)

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2019, 17:59
Quick Pan to Partially see through LOS blockers
Added as FGU-418.

Quick Click During Shape Mode
Probably should have minimum mouse distance governor. Filed as FGU-419.

Overlapping wall/door LOS overrides wall LOS
Filed as FGU-420

Name Layers in Layer List
Previously filed internally as FGU-229.

Selecting Transforms vs. Paintings
Layers can be selected in Layers->Transform mode by clicking on the layer. Otherwise, you select layers in the layer list of the image data control.

Painting is an additive process where any paint operations are added to the top layer (if it is a paint layer); or a new paint layer is created at the top to hold the new paint operation. You can not select individual points/strokes in the painting interface.

Carl mentioned that the Erase tool should have an outline around the cursor to indicate the erase region. I've added task FGU-421 to track that.

Reset Button also Resetting Layer Location
Filed as task FGU-423.

Dice Falling Outside Chat Box
This is a previously internal issue where large amounts of dice fall outside the roll box. Already tracked as FGU-43.

Window Minimize appears to freeze window instead of minimize
Previously noted as FGU-367.

Slow Performance in Some Lists
We are aware of slow performance in a few areas. We'll be looking at those areas as we advance through the playtest, since optimization comes after getting things fixed. :)

Thanks,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 21st, 2019, 20:42
Thank you very much :) and much success :)

Kelrugem
August 22nd, 2019, 01:34
Carl mentioned that the Erase tool should have an outline around the cursor to indicate the erase region. I've added task FGU-421 to track that.

I just looked at that again and can maybe help: Indeed there is some little outline at the cursor which I've never seen (and one can even change the width etc., very cool! :) Then it works much better). But: When I click once with the eraser then that outline vanishes and that was probably the reason why I've never seen that. Therefore I didn't know that I could change its size etc. such that erasing was a bit problematic with that little invisible outline :) So the problem is here that the outline gets invisible after the first click (and it gets back when I change the tools a bit to reset that)

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2019, 18:28
Thanks for the additional information. I've added to the task, in case it helps Carl track down.

Cheers,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 11th, 2019, 02:40
Some new things (in 5e if it matters):

The new asset filters: How one can add more than one filter? Every time when I add a new filter tag the previous one is been erased :)
When I use a filter like "Monster" then FG freezes for some time and the RAM usage went around 10 GB :) But reading the updates I guess that performance issues with respect to that are known? :)
I used the variant diagonal measurement for 5e. It is correctly calculated but the number shown at pointers is not "rounded down to the next multiple of 5 ft.". So, the first diagonal squares shows the mathematical correct result 7.5 ft. (due to the 1.5 multiplicator for diagonal moves) instead of the 5 ft. for the rules :) Every second diagonal square has then the "correct" number (like 15 ft. for two diagonal 5 ft. steps)
Once my token suddenly lost its reach and size underlay when I moved it a bit. But I am sadly not able yet to reproduce that. I will write back when I will ever be able to reproduce that :)

Have fun :)

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2019, 05:04
1. Just separate the words you want to search on by spaces, commas or semicolons.

2. If you own a lot of content, then their are a lot of assets that need to be searched through and displayed. We're aware that the performance is not great there, but we want to get the interfaces nailed down before we start optimizing.

3. I'll have to research this to see what FGC does vs. FGU; and make adjustments.

4. Definitely let us know if you see again, and any steps to reproduce. We are aware of an issue where token scale set is not correct; so dropping tokens on map or moving between maps will create incorrect token sizes. (FGU-478)

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 11th, 2019, 05:19
1. Just separate the words you want to search on by spaces, commas or semicolons.

2. If you own a lot of content, then their are a lot of assets that need to be searched through and displayed. We're aware that the performance is not great there, but we want to get the interfaces nailed down before we start optimizing.

3. I'll have to research this to see what FGC does vs. FGU; and make adjustments.

4. Definitely let us know if you see again, and any steps to reproduce. We are aware of an issue where token scale set is not correct; so dropping tokens on map or moving between maps will create incorrect token sizes. (FGU-478)

Regards,
JPG

Thank you very much :) Just tested the filters again, seems to work :) I tried it with comma etc. but I thought that each tag gets a separate "filter badge" in the asset window, therefore I was confused. So, everything works there, thanks :)

To performance: Ah, I remember that point, thanks :) Was not sure if I nevertheless should report these things :)

To the diagonal measurement: I just checked it in FGC in 5e with the variant rule for measures. There it is like in the rules, i.e. first 5ft. as diagonal measure (and not 7.5 ft. as in FGU), then 15 ft., 20., 30. and so on :)

Kelrugem
September 13th, 2019, 23:15
Just tested the range indicator of the targeting arrow, not sure if the following issues are known :) (see the attached image)

Deekin, my kobold bard (all our dummy tokens for Alpha testing need names! :D ), is twice on the map with two different sizes: 3x3 and 1x1 (the 3x3 token I have made small such that one can see the targeting arrow, but the size underlay can hopefully be seen in the image)

It seems that length of the arrow is taken as range indicator, so the range seems to be measured from inside the square where the tokens lies, resulting into decimal numbers since it is not measured from the boundary anymore as usual :)
Point 1. results into a longer distance for the larger Deekin since the arrow is longer although both Deekins should get the same distance by rules
By the size underlay one can also see another problem: The indicator seems to be in the middle of the arrow which then can result into a range indicator hidden behind the token (when the big Deekin would cover his size underlay the range indicator is behind his token)
I also used 5e with variant measure for diagonal measurements but that seems not to be used in the range indicator (probably then a problem in 3.5e, too) :)

You may already know that but I was not able to find it in the list of known items, therefore I reproduced it here :) Sorry if I name something you already know :) And maybe this is also more a ruleset specific thing, I can understand that this is now just base implementation of the range indicator for CoreRPG :)

EDIT: Really nice work so far :) I like the secret doors and the new look of assets in the asset window :)

Kelrugem
September 13th, 2019, 23:56
The new feature of automatically adding nodes seems not to work when e.g. a wall and secret door intersects, see the attached image :) Somehow three nodes are added, they are not piled and the kink in the wall was not there before I added the secret door :) But I had to zoom in a bit to see that, for wall-wall intersections this does not happen

Moon Wizard
September 14th, 2019, 01:13
Thanks for checking out the new stuff.

I've added the new overlapping occluders issue as FGU-482.

I need to dig into the distance and targeting ones a bit more to see what's going on.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 14th, 2019, 01:32
Thanks for checking out the new stuff.

I've added the new overlapping occluders issue as FGU-482.

I need to dig into the distance and targeting ones a bit more to see what's going on.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you :) Yeah, the distance stuff might be connected to the previous things I've mentioned, or, at least similar problems

pindercarl
September 14th, 2019, 01:32
The new feature of automatically adding nodes seems not to work when e.g. a wall and secret door intersects, see the attached image :) Somehow three nodes are added, they are not piled and the kink in the wall was not there before I added the secret door :) But I had to zoom in a bit to see that, for wall-wall intersections this does not happen

The original impetus for adding the edit-time splitting of overlapping walls was to aid in the diagnosis of issue wherein the line-of-sight was failing. Previously, the wall splitting was occurring at calculation time. So, job well done. You've revealed the first demonstrable error. The type of walls that intersect should be irrelevant. I believe what we are seeing here is a minor imprecision of the line intersections. The likely culprit is that there is a very slight angle to the secret wall. I'll have to give it some thought, but the most likely solution is to do some post intersection clean-up on any newly generated points and snap them when they are within 1/10th of a "pixel" to each other, as that is the precision of the walls.

Kelrugem
September 14th, 2019, 01:43
The original impetus for adding the edit-time splitting of overlapping walls was to aid in the diagnosis of issue wherein the line-of-sight was failing. Previously, the wall splitting was occurring at calculation time. So, job well done. You've revealed the first demonstrable error. The type of walls that intersect should be irrelevant. I believe what we are seeing here is a minor imprecision of the line intersections. The likely culprit is that there is a very slight angle to the secret wall. I'll have to give it some thought, but the most likely solution is to do some post intersection clean-up on any newly generated points and snap them when they are within 1/10th of a "pixel" to each other, as that is the precision of the walls.

aah, okay, I understand. I didn't think about the angle of the intersections :) I wish much success :)

pindercarl
September 14th, 2019, 01:47
aah, okay, I understand. I didn't think about the angle of the intersections :) I wish much success :)

No worries. You shouldn't have to worry about the angle of intersection, that's my job ;) Thanks for posting you findings.

Kelrugem
September 14th, 2019, 01:49
No worries. You shouldn't have to worry about the angle of intersection, that's my job ;) Thanks for posting you findings.

hehe, you're welcome ;)

damned
September 14th, 2019, 02:08

You get all the good jobs!

ddavison
September 14th, 2019, 02:21

I show an example of this working as intended in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occJtzxaw3Q

* I just read the follow-up about the angle of the intersecting lines... seems like the likely culprit.

Kelrugem
September 14th, 2019, 02:25
I show an example of this working as intended in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occJtzxaw3Q

* I just read the follow-up about the angle of the intersecting lines... seems like the likely culprit.

Ah, I see :) There the angle is 90 degrees and for that it seemingly works (according to Carl's answer); but I only tested shortly the wall-wall and secret-wall intersection and had accidentally an intersection angle of less than 90 degress which might cause the issue when I understood it correctly :D

Kelrugem
September 23rd, 2019, 22:33
Thanks for the new/last update :) Seems to work so far :) Only one little thing (5e with variant measure and 3.5e in general) again about diagonal moves: That works now again but normally the first diagonal square is 5ft., then the next diagonal additional 10 ft. (so in total 15), then in total 20 after the third, 30, 35 and so on because of the multiplicator of 1.5 and then rounding down to the next multiple of 5ft. :) But FGU starts directly with 10 ft., then the next total is 15, then 25, 30, 40... so, as if the diagonal squares are rounded up to the next multiple of 5ft. after multiplying them with 1.5 instead of rounding down :) (therefore the values after every second diagonal square coincide)

Moon Wizard
September 23rd, 2019, 22:38
Ah, I put that in to stop people from gaming the system by making a 20-ft pointer with 4.5 square reach. I'll have to think about it a little more.

Thanks,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 23rd, 2019, 22:48
Ah, I put that in to stop people from gaming the system by making a 20-ft pointer with 4.5 square reach. I'll have to think about it a little more.

Thanks,
JPG

Ah, I understand :) Oh, sorry that this pointer thing is so time-eating; much success! :)

Oh and I found another extremely important and very bad bug (see image), the client can not see the portrait of my kobold bard Deekin! ;) Instead a question mark is shown then when the portrait is applied by the GM before the client joins, but when I readd it while the client is logged into the campaign then it works again. (of course I am making jokes here about that it is a bad bug :D Not so important for me, just saw this accidentally ;) I am speaking about the Kickstarter portraits, the image is of the client and seemingly exactly Deekin is missing! :D Funnily this happens only in 5e, not in 3.5e, or it is rare since I didn't test that in two 5e campaigns but I would not know why this should depend on the ruleset :) Maybe some loading error? So, when this belongs to the category "Performance" which is treated later then ignore this post :) It is more about making jokes here :D ) (and the portrait is also my profile picture here for reference :) )

Kelrugem
September 24th, 2019, 21:15
It seems that closed campaigns are shown in the lobby quite a long time, see the image. These campaigns were opened yesterday and are still listed as offline campaigns (and I also restarted the campaign once which also caused a doubled listing) :) This could clutter up the list I assume (or do only I see this?)

(and sorry for my previous joke, just found that funny that this was happening with exactly that image although other images were used, too :D)

EDIT: Ah, wait, will be previous logins as a player showed in that list then, too? I forgot that part. But, still, my 5e campaign "Testing" is showed there twice for some reason. And when I am right about the "history of joined sessions" then my 3.5e login as a player is missing there (and the name of that campaign is not "testing")

Moon Wizard
September 25th, 2019, 00:57
Red Light = Servers in your history that are not online currently.
Yellow Light = Servers in your history that are direct IP connections, and the server status is unknown.
Green Light = Servers in your history that are online, or servers currently active that are publicly visible.

I'm not sure why there are too instances of your Testing server. I haven't seen that before, so let me know if you can recreate.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 25th, 2019, 01:17
Yellow Light = Servers in your history that are direct IP connections, and the server status is unknown.
Green Light = Servers in your history that are online, or servers currently active that are publicly visible.

I'm not sure why there are too instances of your Testing server. I haven't seen that before, so let me know if you can recreate.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for clarification :) Was confused on the first sight because I somehow expected that my login history is in a separate window :)

I added a new image and I guess I was able to reproduce it. Every time when I open a very new campaign and join myself a new entry will be added in the history, so far as expected. But every new entry always has the name of the first campaign I joined at :)

Moreover, I only tested a third campaign but you can see a fourth entry in the image and that one has a lock but I never made my campaigns private so far. I was seeing that you had/have a campaign open there at the moment which had the lock and therefore I assume that this is probably your campaign, Moon Wizard? But somehow only the lock "survived" the overwrite which is happening there. (only assumption, assuming that your campaign is still open which I was seeing just some minutes ago)

When you want to test that live, I am also in the FG discord server with the same name as here (for chat e.g., which may be faster to test behaviour when there is someone's else campaign open) :) and I am still available for some hours

JohnQPublic
September 25th, 2019, 21:41

Regards,
JPG

Could the colors be modified a bit? I can't tell the red and green apart. Usually (for my type of colorblindness anyway) a bright red and a dark green work pretty well.

Kelrugem
September 26th, 2019, 00:14
Oki, Zacchaeus now has an open campaign so I tested it again. Opened a new campaign, joined as player and there is now again a new entry in the join history with the wrong name and also with a lock although it was public :) So, there seems to be a problem about the entries in the history, the names and locks are wrong and I still have one entry too much which is seemingly not due to other open campaigns since I can still see Zacchaeus campaign (my previous assumption about that was seemingly just based on pure coincidence of events; so the assumption about that the names etc. of other shown online campaigns are overwritten, too, is seemingly wrong)

Moon Wizard
September 27th, 2019, 19:10
Kelrugem,
I've added as FGU-491 to investigate.

JohnQPublic,
I'll see if Joshua and I can come up with something that helps with the green/red differentiation for color blindness.

Thanks,
JPG

Zacchaeus
September 27th, 2019, 20:29
Oki, Zacchaeus now has an open campaign so I tested it again. Opened a new campaign, joined as player and there is now again a new entry in the join history with the wrong name and also with a lock although it was public :) So, there seems to be a problem about the entries in the history, the names and locks are wrong and I still have one entry too much which is seemingly not due to other open campaigns since I can still see Zacchaeus campaign (my previous assumption about that was seemingly just based on pure coincidence of events; so the assumption about that the names etc. of other shown online campaigns are overwritten, too, is seemingly wrong)

How dare you join my campaign without asking :)
Oh, and I didn't see you either. But that might just be because I was doing something else and not paying attention to chat.

Kelrugem
September 27th, 2019, 20:35
How dare you join my campaign without asking :)
Oh, and I didn't see you either. But that might just be because I was doing something else and not paying attention to chat.

Hehe :D But I didn't join, no worries, I would have asked before ;)

My assumption was that other campaigns' (which are online, too) names in the lobby would be overwritten by my campaign's name after I joined myself :) When I saw your campaign, I joined my own campaign to see if your campaigns entry is still shown in the lobby :)

Kelrugem
October 1st, 2019, 01:34
Kelrugem,
I've added as FGU-491 to investigate.

JohnQPublic,
I'll see if Joshua and I can come up with something that helps with the green/red differentiation for color blindness.

Thanks,
JPG

Thank you :)

I just tested the diagonal thing: Works now again, thanks :)

Out of curiosity for homebrewing/extensions because the subject fits: Is it possible to change the metric to an Euclidean one in FGU (from my side writing extensions) or is the code for that encrypted? I remember that I once tried to change the multiplier in gameelements.xml to square root of 2 but that didn't work (due to rounding I assume; but that was in FGC), but I also can remember that I was not able to find where the multiplier will be used in the code :)

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2019, 07:12
Basically, you're asking for a "raw" distance. Most tabletop RPG systems do not use this sort of system, which is why we haven't implemented one. It would hearken back to the old wargaming days of using a tape measure.

I've actually been debating whether to implement a way to have the client report this distance. My first thought is to round to the nearest tenth of a unit for all measurements, based on measuring the vector, dividing my grid size and multiplying by units. I would need to add one or more special tags in the ruleset to turn on "raw" distance mode like this, as well as update/add variables throughout all the data objects in the client to support.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 1st, 2019, 07:31
Basically, you're asking for a "raw" distance. Most tabletop RPG systems do not use this sort of system, which is why we haven't implemented one. It would hearken back to the old wargaming days of using a tape measure.

I've actually been debating whether to implement a way to have the client report this distance. My first thought is to round to the nearest tenth of a unit for all measurements, based on measuring the vector, dividing my grid size and multiplying by units. I would need to add one or more special tags in the ruleset to turn on "raw" distance mode like this, as well as update/add variables throughout all the data objects in the client to support.

Regards,
JPG

thanks for you answer :)

Yeah, basically it is about "raw" distance. Once I tried out if I am able to do that with an extension therefore I asked whether this is possible in principle :D I understand that grids simplify measurements but in my opinion this is only really needed when playing on a real table. Due to having a virtual tabletop in the background, i.e. a computer doing all the calculations about distances, I once wondered why not having a "raw" distance instead because with the computer in the background "raw" distances should not really be too tedious in their handling anymore (I hope). But as you said this would need a bit more coding and I am not sure if it is worth the issue :) (I would like to use it and probably people playing wargaming like Warhammer :D EDIT: Oh, and it might be nice when measuring distances on a world map etc)

With the square root of 2 I tried out once if the Euclidean measure is possible while the grid is still there (so, like an "Euclidean grid" to approximate the "raw" distance while avoiding to code something for the "non-grid" version of "raw" distances) :)

Kelrugem
October 5th, 2019, 02:40

Regards,
JPG

No FGU Update without a Kelrugem report! ;)

But now I only say thanks, I couldn't really believe first that there is now raw distance mode but it is :D Thank you very much for that :) I hope this was not too much additional workload :) I really only asked by curiosity, I didn't expect this update, especially just after some days after our discussion :D

I tested it and it works nicely :) Added a very small grid to a world map (depends on the used distance scale of the world map of course), adjusted the colour etc. such that one does not really see the grid and now I can precisely measure distances (ignoring the "ft." there of course, was in miles but the numbers were correct then) :) This may depend a bit on the used scales etc. but it worked very nicely so far :) And I will surely use it on battle grids now :)

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2019, 18:08
I've now tested the player/client thing a bit and have seen two things (at least one of which you probably already know, I guess :) )
1. Adding a character to the map results into a token without having the character token as an image (one can only see the underlay) on the client side. Readding the token fixed that but when the client then moves his/her token then just the underlay is moving :) (This is probably known, I saw some items in the list about bugs about PC portraits etc.; but it was not completely clear to me if exactly that behaviour after readding the token is known :) Sorry if I report something known)

2. When I share the map with the client and when there is no token of the player added on the map then the client can see all other tokens I have added :) Even the ones of the NPCs :) This also happens when I add the player to the map and then remove that token again such that all the invisible tokens are suddenly visible :)

EDIT: Also the visibility settings for tokens in the right click menu are seemingly not doing anything on the client side :) (e.g. setting to always invisible does not result into an invisible token for the client; but using the CT for that works). I am also seeing a new option there with respect to visibility for party vision. What does this do? (also this didn't change anything on client side, so I can only guess what this does :) )
EDIT2: The visibility settings for layers do not really change anything for wall layers (but may also not be intended? :) ). EDIT: Okay, I see that the wall button is for that :) But this seemingly only works on the client side, the host always gets the view with terrain while the client has the terrain then turned on/off. Walls seem to stay always regardless of the state of the wall button of that layer. (I only can test shortly now, when needed I can test this more intense and make up a list what the client and host can see with which settings; but I have the feeling that not everything is working here and it is also not completely synchronous :) )

Is it also intended that the LoS stuff is on top of everything? When I add walls to some layer and move this layer down such that it can not be seen anymore then the walls of this layer still affect player vision :) (I tried to simulate some dynamic map, but I am not sure if it is intended that this already works for FGU) That's no problem with this wall button but I wanted to report this nevertheless :)

Sometimes the player has to move his token first to make an update for his vision after the host changed something in the wall stuff :) (like toggling the wall button)

(Sorry I am a bit in hurry, I hope I described everything correctly (and I hope my perception was not "low rolled" while testing FGU :D))

Kelrugem
October 16th, 2019, 22:39
Testing the new update:

1. I like the tooltips :) But there are not tooltips for all image controls (like some of the delete and "x" buttons or the little wall button and so on), is this wanted or is there maybe an oversight? (since the updates are about adding tooltips to all image controls) :)
2. When I now have a client logged into my game then adding new walls doesn't change the view of the client as if there are no walls added (also after I moved that token to force an update on the client). I have to restart the campaign to make the wall appear (seemingly only the walls are affected by this, I used the rectangle function)
3. To extend the problem of the player token mentioned in the previous post: This seemingly only happens when I add the token of the PC to a map while the client is logged into my campaign :) When I do this before the client is there, then the token issue does not appear

Kelrugem
October 17th, 2019, 02:13
Another bug: When I delete a painting layer then all paintings are removed. Good :) But when I add that layer into a folder (by using "Add Folder" and moving the made layer into that folder) and when I then delete the folder instead, then the layer gets deleted but not its paintings. Since double-click on a painting does not work to select the painting layer (which is also not there then anymore) there is no way anymore to get rid of the painting :) Not even the eraser works

Similar things can happen for images. But the double-click and select works still such that one can delete the image in that way to readd it

:)

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2019, 02:39
Player Tokens
There is a known issue I haven't been able to track down completely where tokens auto-generated from PC portraits are not being correctly loaded on player clients. I can reproduce pretty regularly, but it goes away when I start tracking it down. So, it appears to be some sort of asset sharing issue between host and client that resolves depending on actions. It's still near the top of my list to resolve. I have a couple tickets that are related to this already.

Public Vision Option
The public vision radial option specifies whether this token generates LOS that is visible by players. The ruleset automatically sets PC tokens with this option, but the GM can manually toggle as well using the radial menu.

Token Visibility
Filed as FGU-511.

Layer Visibility Should Affect Wall Visibility
Filed as FGU-509.

LOS and Layers
Yes, LOS is applied globally across the image, just like tokens are also considered to be global across the image. There is no concept of which layers each token is on, or which layers are visible from which other layers. That's way more complicated than we want to go with this feature, especially right now.

Player Visibility Update
This should be working much better with the most recent update. If you have any cases you can reproduce, we would like to have them.

Image Data Control Tooltips
We focused on finalizing the tooltips for the toolbars at the top and the buttons at the bottom. We need to do a complete pass on the layer list, and we'll add the tooltips for that section then.

Adding Walls While Player Online
I was able to get this to work without any issues. One thing I did notice is that the FoW is not filled in, since the token has already seen that area; but the active LOS for the token was correctly blocked after adding the wall. Is this is what you are seeing as well? If so, that's expected. If not, then any examples would be great.

Painting Layers and Folders
Folders are not currently working; and you shouldn't use them. :) We've been prioritizing the LOS and basic capabilities for debugging so far, we are aware of folders not working and player painting not working.

Thanks,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 18th, 2019, 03:36
Thanks for your answers, I understand :) (and I will stop using the folder layer for now ;) )

To your two questions:

Player Visibility Update
This should be working much better with the most recent update. If you have any cases you can reproduce, we would like to have them.

I have two images: DM: 29440

and player: 29441

As you can see, the zombie token is invisible (I've set it to always invisible by the right click menu) on the DM side but not on the player's side :) But using the eye button in the CT fixes that as if the client takes invisibility information only from the CT. Similar problem also with visibility. Seemingly the CT information is taken and the CT and right click menu are not synchronized (that is probably the problem, I guess?).

Adding Walls While Player Online
I was able to get this to work without any issues. One thing I did notice is that the FoW is not filled in, since the token has already seen that area; but the active LOS for the token was correctly blocked after adding the wall. Is this is what you are seeing as well? If so, that's expected. If not, then any examples would be great.

Also in the images: Directly next to the kobold bard I've made a wall. But the client's LoS doesn't get updated. The client can even move through the wall :)

I also tested the public vision toggle; very nice idea but the client never got the zombie vision included regardless whether I added its vision (but making it friendly works but then because the client can click on and move that token)

Global mask is also shared with the client as wanted, but the cleared area doesn't get shared (while client is logged into the session). So I can "delete" fog of the global mask but the client does not get this information although I clear the area around the token and in its sight (also regardless whether dynamic LoS is turned on/off) :)

Kelrugem
October 20th, 2019, 05:35
I now get sometimes some graphical glitches in other windows:
You see that there are some "white shadows" of the layers buttons are in the combat tracker. But sometimes I also had these glitches in other windows as in the "Maps" window :) I was not really able to recreate it always but it happens often when I open the CT while I have some map open (but this may be related to the other image glitch already reported?). Also the faction colour changes, although Deekin is friendly the background colour is not really green anymore at his CT entry :)

Moon Wizard
October 22nd, 2019, 00:10
Thanks for reporting. Filed as FGU-525.

Thanks,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2019, 05:00
Thanks for reporting. Filed as FGU-525.

Thanks,
JPG

I now tried a bit to change the height and width of grids. I am not sure if it is supposed to work like that but I can see numbers like 50.0 etc. in there and due to this decimal number I thought one might be able to put something like 49.8 into some of these fields. But such a number get rounded at the first decimal number, so I would get e.g. 50 instead of 49.8. I tried to make an isometric grid by turning off the "proportional-button"; since one needs "width/height = square root of 3" for isometric grids (when I am not mistaken) one would need the decimal numbers. But at some point one needs to round, so probably not that important for actual play, but it might still be nice for a bit more finetuning :)

EDIT: But the isometric thing etc. is surely at a very early stage, I guess :) It was for me just about that the shown decimal number might be a bit misleading about which numbers one can type in into these fields :)

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2019, 00:26
You should be able to type one decimal place into grid width/height fields. Filed as FGU-541.

JPG

Kelrugem
October 23rd, 2019, 23:56
Thanks for the fixes today :)

I may have found something:

1. In the paint mode the proportional toggle button does not change anything from the behaviour, the porportionality still seems to be conserved even when it is turned off :)
2. The porportional toggle button seems also not to work in the layer mode, or let's say that the number fields for height and width in the layer mode are somehow strange. Everytime when I type a number there and press enter then I get completely different numbers suddenly. Repeating this might result into zero values or arbitrarily hight values. Not sure what's happening there :) (seems to be independent of the proportional toggle, also the image of an image layer moves around the map then etc.)
3. Something similar happens with the rotation number field :) also when pression the rotation buttons, the numbers behave strange in general now :)
4. In text editing windows and also in the chat entry field the big A looks like a big A with a little dot over its top
5. (Not sure if issue) Ctrl+A does not select the whole text anymore :) (also problem in search entries etc.)
6. While rotating a token on the map some of the "wall" buttons in the layers may or may not turn on/off :)

Best,

Kelrugem :)

Moon Wizard
October 24th, 2019, 01:02
1) The basic paint mode only supports a single value. We have a low priority task to disable/re-enable specific toolbar controls, based on tool selected. (FGU-278)
2) I found a similar issue reported internally that I've increased the priority on. (FGU-359)
3) Same as 2.
4) Yeah, there's a minor text drawing anomaly I've been meaning to add a task for. Now, there is one. :) (FGU-548)
5) Filed as FGU-549. The other ones seem to work (CTRL+C, etc.), so just need to figure out why this one is being blocked.
6) Not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the wall indicator in the layer list?

Thanks,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 24th, 2019, 01:08
Thank you :) (ah, I should have checked the known items list a bit better it seems :) )

6) Not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the wall indicator in the layer list?

Thanks,
JPG

Yes, I mean the LoS indicator for layers, the little wall button at each layer entry :)

Kelrugem
October 24th, 2019, 20:59
When I create a new image by using the editing button and then click on the image with the "play button/hand symbol" (or while panning the map) then I get the following error:

[10/24/2019 9:56:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] UPDATE: System.NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject(UnityEngine.C omponent)
at FPOPNEDDJHC.FNJEGFFDEON (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 NHHHFBADNKL) [0x00044] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at GOMNCHKILDL.BFCPNFGPGFM (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 PHGOGIEIGBN) [0x00052] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at GMGNGILAJHH.ReceiveClickDown (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE, UnityEngine.Vector2 PHGOGIEIGBN) [0x0002e] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at OLLKAEIGMBE.IKHJKHLMIFN (System.Int32 LBFHEABJNHE) [0x000ad] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at OLLKAEIGMBE.EHIPNPCFPLA () [0x00024] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.OPONKNKANPL () [0x00008] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.Update () [0x00021] in <e0ecbe276a4449cc8f2e0ae220ebad2c>:0

Since one can now add assets on the fly, people may tend to open a blank image first to add some arbitrary map images then to build something (I assume(?)). Therefore I tested that but maybe it is not wanted to do something like this :D

Moon Wizard
October 25th, 2019, 19:07
I've filed the strange layer list icon changes during token rotation as FGU-551. Didn't notice that before, but pretty easy to reproduce similar issues.

On the null reference exception, I wasn't able to recreate; but I will add some more checks in that code area for next build just in case.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 25th, 2019, 22:50
I've filed the strange layer list icon changes during token rotation as FGU-551. Didn't notice that before, but pretty easy to reproduce similar issues.

On the null reference exception, I wasn't able to recreate; but I will add some more checks in that code area for next build just in case.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you :)

Strangely, I can not reproduce the null error anymore, too, not even on the image where I had this. Not sure what went wrong here, I will let you know when I was able to reproduce it again :) (and then with more details about reproducing)

Kelrugem
October 28th, 2019, 00:23
Much success for tomorrow/the beta release :) I assume that it will be a little bit fuller in the FGU Playtest forum then ;)

Sunraiser
October 29th, 2019, 06:03
So, I inadvertently stumbled across a MASSIVE memory bleed. >___>;;;;; Like, not even open-heart surgery on a bypass could help with this one. It was basically like the heart just exploded and sent its blood (data) all over the walls and whatever else was in the way. It sent my entire system into a virtual COMA. No BSoD, no warning, nothing. Just blackness. Endless, unresponsive, blackness. Had to flip the switch just to get the computer shut down so I could get back on to report this, and I hate cold-booting with my reservoir pump being as temperamental as it's been lately.

Installed FGU onto my Tertiary Drive E, but the appData is on the Primary C drive where it 'should' be, default style. I was running Discord, the Task Manager, Windows 'Snipping Tool', and Google Chrome at the time of my computer's 'coronary'.

My System Basic Info: 29625
My Drives:29626
My GPU: 29628

Side-note: FGU runs just fine in the background. Left it running the entire time while composing this reply. :D However, when it crashes, it doesn't go down without a fight, and likes to take as MANY programs and processes as it possibly can WITH it. IT REFUSES TO DIE ALONE! >:O shakes fist in bloody vengeance

Sunraiser
October 29th, 2019, 06:08
.....Also, it likes to EAT Chrome and Discord especially. >____>;;;; This is all I see after FGU crashes. Chrome has 'noped' out completely, and Discord is just staring off into space in the corner by itself eating paste.

New error when trying to load the Monster Manual. My guess is that's 1:34 AM and FGU demands to be caffeinated at this ungodly hour.

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2019, 04:28
Hi :)

Effect icons are not deleted anymore when the effect is deleted:

I see some token widgets are reported but I didn't see the one about effect icons (sorry when this is somewhere in the known items list, if not in the list then it is maybe still related to other token widget issues?)