PDA

View Full Version : The Trials of JohnQPublic

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 03:17
Initial impression: YAY, I GOT THE ALPHA

Load times are quite long. I don't mind the delay for opening a new, empty campaign (5E), but loading modules takes a long time. Clicking "LOAD" for D&D Monster Manual takes approx 10 seconds before it shows as loaded. Maybe that's reasonable, but it feels like a long time.

The dice animation seems to be more "slide" than "roll".

Importing characters doesn't work. I can browse to the XML I want to import, but when I select it and hit OK it tells me it's going to overwrite the file. Clicking OK anyway doesn't import the character. Seems that the 'import' is actual 'export'.

The first time clicking a button, it takes a while to load. I click 'MAPS' for example and it takes approx 10 sec to load. I close it, then click 'MAPS' again and it opens instantly.

Lighting effects aren't turned on.

Sorting by book takes a long time. I click "MAPS" then change the group to "D&D Dungeon of the Mad mage" and it takes quite a while to filter, approx 10-15 seconds. Seems to be directly related to the number of things in the group. Going to TABLES the Monster Manual opens almost instantly with 1 table. Then selecting Dungeon Masters Guide takes quite a while to load 3 pages worth of tables.

I'm very much looking forward to simulating some combat and testing out character creation.

Loving it so far. So very very glad that it's so close. You guys do awesome work.

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 03:19
Quick update, the character import does appear to work despite the error. After getting the error, opening the PC form shows the imported character

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 03:20
Exiting also takes a while. Right-click, X, then X again and it hangs for about 30 seconds before closing.

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 04:08
Lighting effects aren't turned on.

You can turn them on, there is some button on the right hand side in the editing mode :) (play mode, there is some "eye button")

EDIT: Or you also mean the mood lighting as in the other thread :D

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 05:06
Yes, I meant mood lighting. Blanked on the name. Thanks.

pindercarl
August 16th, 2019, 05:26
Mood lighting is not yet implemented. It's a little low on the priority list.

deer_buster
August 16th, 2019, 05:29
Mood lighting is not yet implemented. It's a little low on the priority list.
I would suggest that you keep a list of these things in a separate thread titled: WHat we know about or something like that and keep a running talley of things you are aware of and will get to them in the future.

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2019, 07:24
Load Times
We know that the load times are slow, but optimization is not high on the priority list during alpha. We will be looking to speed things up as we advance towards release.

Dice Animation
I've already got a task for this assigned to Carl from prior to alpha release. Fine tuning dice animations is actually surprisingly time consuming, with a lot of trade-offs. We decided to push this further towards release, since the basics are working.

Character import
Filed as task FGU-346 for me to investigate.

Campaign List Display Times (include book sorting)
Similar to load times above, we already know this is slow as well, and we'll be looking to optimize towards release.

Mood Lighting
Added note to Known Items post.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 21:08
The text under the bags in ASSETS should wrap. As-is I can't tell what anything is until I open it.

When rolling dice from the character sheet they roll great. It's just when manually throwing dice that they slide.

So far combat testing (5e) has been smooth.

Now I'm off to learn how to work with the new map tools.

JohnQPublic
August 16th, 2019, 22:00
Creating a new campaign for Starfinder. On loading the console pops up and says:

[8/16/2019 1:53:30 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/16/2019 1:54:03 PM] [NOTICE] Requesting cloud server.
[8/16/2019 1:54:08 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[8/16/2019 1:54:08 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/16/2019 1:54:08 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/16/2019 1:54:13 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (sheetlabel-white) in ruleset (SFRPG) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[8/16/2019 1:54:13 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (sheettext-white) in ruleset (SFRPG) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[8/16/2019 1:54:36 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] UPDATE: System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Boolean writable) [0x00018] in <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0
at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x00000] in <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(byte[])
at FHIACFFLDIF.ALGENHJKNOA () [0x00020] in <01ecd6d246744efa91f3d09391767a39>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.ALJEFPLPCPF () [0x00057] in <01ecd6d246744efa91f3d09391767a39>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.Update () [0x0001c] in <01ecd6d246744efa91f3d09391767a39>:0

The chat box doesn't fully load, the modifier boxes appear to be placeholders and do nothing. The pop up that prompts you to load modules and such is blank.
Dice have no numbers on them when rolled.
Modules have no names in the library. Loading the one that I think is the core rulebook locked up FGU and I had to force it closed.

I assume this is all known and that Starfinder is simply not there yet, but am posting it just in case.

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2019, 22:37
Starfinder doesn’t work yet. See other posts. Something to do with fonts I believe.

JohnQPublic
August 18th, 2019, 01:44
The REFRESH button (on the lobby/launcher) doesn't do anything. In order for my campaign to show up I had to switch to the HOST CAMPAIGN screen and then back to JOIN CAMPAIGN.

Trying to join my game failed. It just hung for about 10 minutes before I shut it down. At that point I checked memory usage and the still running version of FantasyGrounds.exe (the host) was at 12G and had to be force closed (I had been playing with dynamic lighting, so it may be that memory leak issue). Server type was set to Cloud/Public with a password.
It did ask the client for the password.

Maybe I don't know how to connect. For the host I load my 5E campaign as PUBLIC, CLOUD and a password is set. The client sees the host in the list, I select it, click START and .... it just hangs. It's been 20 minutes now. The client started out using 159M of memory, it is now at 161M. The host has been at 1.9G the whole time.

Canceled and manually put 'localhost' in the IP. Doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Turn off my firewall. Try connecting through the lobby. No change.

Other people are able to connect and run client and host on the same machine, right? I think I must be missing something simple.

Kelrugem
August 18th, 2019, 01:51
About joining yourself: For me the problem was that I used my username as my GM name and FG seems to use the username now when one connects to another game :) For me it helped to use a different GM name (there is an error message about doubled user names but this does not always show up). I used a cloud server in the public mode

When you have a high RAM usage then FG needs a lot of time closing itself. So, you do not have to force-closing it but it is much faster that way then :D

JohnQPublic
August 18th, 2019, 02:10
My GM name is different from my login/user name, but it does have spaces in it and a dash.
Trying without.
Also changing the password to it'll re-prompt.

It does re-prompt for password.

and just hangs on 'joining host'.

Close the host to see if the client notices.

It doesn't.

Kelrugem
August 18th, 2019, 02:21
My GM name is different from my login/user name, but it does have spaces in it and a dash.
Trying without.
Also changing the password to it'll re-prompt.

It does re-prompt for password.

and just hangs on 'joining host'.

Close the host to see if the client notices.

It doesn't.

I just tried it again and I have now problems, too. I am able to connect and see a corresponding chat message but then I get a message about a disconnect, too. The client still loads the campaign but then only some things of the campaign are loaded, images are there but no characters and one can not see the chat messages of each other. This might happen when I shared too much? I am not sure :) Just want to say with that that stuff about connecting with each might not work completely yet and you could try out to share less items, maybe it is stuck with loading items? Just guessing :)

JohnQPublic
August 18th, 2019, 06:52
Working now.

When I connect, the client console opens with:

[8/17/2019 10:42:29 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/17/2019 10:42:42 PM] [NOTICE] Attempting named connection to server.
[8/17/2019 10:42:45 PM] [NOTICE] User 'JohnQPublic' attempting authorization.
[8/17/2019 10:42:46 PM] [NOTICE] Client connected to host as 'JohnQPublic'
[8/17/2019 10:42:51 PM] [NOTICE] Client ruleset download complete
[8/17/2019 10:42:51 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/17/2019 10:42:51 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/17/2019 10:43:44 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to delete file (campaign/portraits/id-00002) from cache file (C:/Users/MyName/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/cache/JQPTest5E/campaign.dat): Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\cache\JQPTest5E\DotNetZip-uNQnqTqX.tmp".
[8/17/2019 10:43:44 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to delete file (campaign/portraits/id-00003) from cache file (C:/Users/MyName/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/cache/JQPTest5E/campaign.dat): Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\cache\JQPTest5E\DotNetZip-JPuriDOP.tmp".

Loaded modules:
DotMM
OotA
SCAD (Campaign Guide and Player's Guide)
DMG
PHB
EE Players
DMG Maps
Volos maps
MtoF (DM and Players)
ToA Players
VGtM (DM and Players)
WDDH
XGtE (DM and Players)
CoS Players
DMG Players

JohnQPublic
August 18th, 2019, 07:08
I created a kenku monk and leveled him up to 3. When the specialization pop up popped up, it listed "Way of the Sun Soul" and "Way of the Long Death" over and over. 12 times each. None of the other specializations are listed. I believe I grabbed 'Monk' from Xanathars (3 monks show up, 1 for PHB, 1 for SCAG, and 1 for XGtE).

Create a new monk and level it up to 3, but this time only grab 'Monk' from the PHB. Now I get "Way of the Four Elements", "Way of the Open hand", and "Way of Shadow". 8 times each.

JohnQPublic
August 18th, 2019, 07:12
Creating a new cleric prompts for to choose a domain at level 1 (as it should), the box lists "Knowledge", "Life", "Light", "Nature", "Tempest", "Trickery" and "War" domains. 12 times each. Drag and drop was from PHB.
All classes appear to do similar things.

JohnQPublic
August 19th, 2019, 06:11
FWIW I like that full screen = no task bar. But there is no way to close the launcher once you go full screen (other than forcing it closed).

Trying connection again. It stopped working last night after working a time or three. Seems to still not be working with my campaign.

Trying the test campaign....no go. Trying test campaign with no password....no go.

No modules loaded but PHB, make a new character. Apply stat array. Drag and drop race. Drag and drop background. Drag and drop class. Keep dragging and dropping class until it's time to pick a class path. It lists the options over and over.

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2019, 00:41
Apologies for slow response. We had a big burst of feedback in both forums and e-mail that I've been working through. I want to make sure I document as much as we can as I go. Thanks for the reports.

Text on Assets View
The text on assets is specifically clipped, because text can be any length that a filename can be. Hovering over the graphic will show the full path separated by line breaks. I'll add an internal note to review for visibility later.

Starfinder exception on load
This was addressed with the update on 8/17. It had to do with fonts as others mentioned.

Campaigns not refreshing in launcher
Filed as task FGU-396.

Self-Connecting Issues
We're not seeing on any of the developer machines internally, so I'm still trying to figure out why this is occurring. It shouldn't have anything to do with user names, since we're all doing the same thing internally. Also, we all run from home offices using a variety of ISPs, so we don't have any special access to the machines either. Also, you're not the only one. We just need to work with everyone to figure out what the problem is.

5E Archetype Dialog Issue
Previously reported as FGU-378.

Unable to close Launcher at Full Screen
Already noted as FGU-354.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
August 24th, 2019, 20:43
I'm still having a lot of problems connecting to my host. The client asks for the password, but it never get to the point where it gets the file list and starts to download.

Doesn't matter if I'm loading the sample campaign or another.

Creating a new campaign after updating doesn't make a difference.

Side note - it would be nice to be able to go back to the launcher from FGU instead of just closing.

Switching from Cloud/Public to Local/Public makes no difference.

Local/Private and Cloud/Private - no change.

Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot? Should I leave a server running or try to connect to someone else's server or anything?

JohnQPublic
August 24th, 2019, 21:12
Finally connected. I think it's just chance though and not anything I did. FWIW I closed my host again and then used the FGU launcher that I had been using as client to host the game. Then started a new launcher and used it to connect as client and it worked.

Playing with dice and rolling a character using /roll 4d6k3 from the client.

The dice roll fine (they just hate me) but they don't clear from the host chat box. The dice piled up on the host chat box are not clickable and resetting the dice position doesn't move them.
Load several modules (DMG, PHB, MM, VgtM, SCAD, XGtE, MToF)

Disconnect client and attempt reconnect - seems to be working.

Shut down client, then host and restart host. Connects fine.

Roll dice from client by right clicking on a d6 and picking 3. Rolls fine and the dice vanish from host and client chatbox as expected.

Roll using /die 3d6 and it performs as expected.

Roll using /roll 3d6 and it performs as expected.

Roll a bunch of dice really fast from the client by using /roll 4d6k3 10 times in about 5 seconds. The dice freeze on the host and do not vanish. Even after the lag and all the results are shown to both client and host. No more dice animation on the host when rolled from the client (result does show). The dice animation does work (and the dice vanish) when rolled from the host.

Close client and host to reset. Reconnects just fine.

Roll a bunch of dice really fast using /die 4d6k3. Some of the dice clear from the host, but not all. Now when I roll dice from the client, they appear on the host at the bottom of the chat box and never move or vanish.

JohnQPublic
August 24th, 2019, 21:19
Rolling the dice really fast from the host - the dice clear as expected, but on the client the dice shadows remain just like the dice did on the host. No more dice animations on the client when the dice are rolled from the host.

JohnQPublic
August 24th, 2019, 21:27
After restarting the client and rolling a character by slowly using /die 4d6k3 - the dice are frozen on the host.

Restart both host and client.

Connect fine.

Roll a character slowly from client using /die 4d6k3. Dice freeze on host after a couple rolls. I'm starting to suspect this is a known issue.

If it matters I'm using Up Arrow and Enter rapidly, not clicking a button.

Moon Wizard
August 25th, 2019, 03:06
Thanks for the feedback. Currently, we're focused on the GM experience and issues, as mentioned in the alpha playtest intro. I need to do another pass of the networking connection scenarios to see what shakes out.

Player Dice Freezing on Host
Previously noted as FGU-343; but I've updated the task to indicate that it is a more general issue, and not related to damage rolls only.

Could you explain what you mean by using Up Arrow and Enter rapidly? Where are you doing this? Are you doing this to activate rolls somehow?

Thanks,
JPG

deer_buster
August 25th, 2019, 04:08
I believe he means an up arrow in chat...displays previous commands...so /die 3d6<enter> and then <up-arrow><enter> will result in 3d6 rolled in rapid succession...

JohnQPublic
August 25th, 2019, 06:10
I believe he means an up arrow in chat...displays previous commands...so /die 3d6<enter> and then <up-arrow><enter> will result in 3d6 rolled in rapid succession...

Exactly

JohnQPublic
August 25th, 2019, 06:58
Just noticed the launcher shows the internal IP for a Virtual NIC on my PC. The IPv6 shown for both internal and external are from the virtual NIC.

Disabled virtual NIC and restart the launcher and it shows info for my physical NIC.

Maybe this is the root of my connection issues? Dunno why it would work then not work though, you would think it either works or doesn't and regardless, for it to show up in the launcher there has to be a connection made.

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2019, 17:14
Thanks for the clarification on the rolls. That makes sense now. :)

On the networking, a local host instance will listen on all IP addresses; but a cloud instance and all player instances connect to remote server over a single IP address. As long as the IP addresses can see each other, it shouldn't matter. (But it might, so good to know.)

Just out of curiousity, what do you have entered in the GM Name field of the campaign in the launcher? When self-connecting, there's a known issue if GM Name field matches User Name (JohnQPublic) right now.

Thanks,
JPG

JohnQPublic
August 26th, 2019, 17:28
I've been using GM-Realname or DM-Realname

JohnQPublic
August 27th, 2019, 01:10
Launch a host and then hit the cancel button. It takes me back to the launcher, but I can't host any campaign now.

Uh oh. Close the launcher and try again. Still can't host any campaign.

I'll give it a while and see if it times out and lets go.

[8/26/2019 5:08:57 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[8/26/2019 5:09:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Connection error - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered to your user name.

JohnQPublic
August 27th, 2019, 01:13
Yep, I can get in now. Only took a minute or three.

JohnQPublic
August 27th, 2019, 20:07
Was doing some LOS work. A few times I would draw around about half of a room and test. Worked. I draw the other half of the room and it didn't work. Clicked back to the LOS layer to see the lines were there and they were. Enabled/Disabled/Enabled LOS and it still didn't work. The first half that I did worked fine, the 2nd half didn't. I toggled a few more times then moved one end of one line of the part that wasn't working, and it started to work.

I experienced this on 2 different maps.

I'll try to replicate it tonight and see if I can figure out what the cause/fix is.

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2019, 21:42
If you cancel a game with the alpha, you're going to be see various cleanup issues, so it's best to close and restart application instead of cancelling. If you're using cloud server, this also means that the cloud server may take several minutes to reset as well. We are aware that the application doesn't reset fully when cancelling; which is one of the reasons why Return to Launcher and /reload commands are currently disabled. They are a lower priority than any data and live game issues right now.

For the LOS stuff, it would be great if you can recreate what you are doing. We've had some sporadic reports of similar issues, but haven't been able to pin down what is causing yet. So, any details on how to recreate would make it much easier to track down.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
August 28th, 2019, 04:08
Ran the update.

Start a new 5e campaign. Nothing loaded.

Load only Storm Kings Thunder.

Open map Beorunna's-Battlemap

Draw around 2/3 of the map - enable LOS, doesn't work. Play around. Disable LOS, Enable LOS. Works.

Played around some more.

Seems that I have to disable and re-enable LOS for it to work. So far it's been consistent. Each time I draw a section then go to 'Play' the newest lines of LOS don't work until I disable and re-enable LOS.

So far anyway. Only an hour of testing.

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2019, 01:30
Thanks for the details. I've added as task FGU-469.

Regards,
JPG

deer_buster
August 31st, 2019, 20:50
Return to Launcher and /reload commands are currently disabled. They are a lower priority than any data and live game issues right now.

Ugh, that is what I just came in to complain about...wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long for FGU to start up from scratch and open a campaign. This too shall pass (I hope)

JohnQPublic
September 6th, 2019, 04:41
As always, I checked for and downloaded updates first.

I know it's lower priority, but, on the launcher, when I first launch it, I always have to click "NEW" twice to get it to work.

Started a new 2E campaign. Clicked start and saw it trying to start the cloud server then the console popped open it appears to be blank, but clicking COPY gets me this:

[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-bold-7) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-bold-8) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-regular-8) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-regular-9) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-regular-10) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (arial-bold-12) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (regular8) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (regular8-white) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (regular9) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (regular10) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (regular11) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (bold8) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (bold8-white) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (bold9) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (bold10) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:14 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (bold11) in ruleset (2E) (graphics/graphics_fonts_adnd.xml)
[9/5/2019 8:35:15 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file (2E) (graphics/graphics_buttons.xml): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 119, position 22.
[9/5/2019 8:35:15 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
[9/5/2019 8:35:15 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[9/5/2019 8:35:15 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[9/5/2019 8:35:16 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.

Clicking CLOSE on the console - I see the console slide over to the left, but there is another (blank) console behind it. Clicking CLOSE on that one does nothing.

Restart launcher and repeat - same result.

Create new 3.5 game. Loads fine.

JohnQPublic
September 6th, 2019, 04:53
Am I supposed to be seeing the Pathfinder stuff in the data modules for 3.5?

Click many things - all work nicely.

The dice seem a little too small maybe? The d20 at least is hard to read when it rolls -maybe I just need to try some different colors. Change from white on black to black on white - still hard to read, numbers are small. Lower priority obviously since mechanically they work.

Create character, lvl 5 fighter, seems fine.

Add LOS to a map - have to click ENABLE LOS two or three times to get it to turn on - this may be the enable-disable-enable thing.

Seems fine otherwise.

Very quick and simple combat goes well.

Now I'm sleepy.

JohnQPublic
September 8th, 2019, 09:29
Updated and loaded a 5e campaign. Loaded a bunch of modules and imported the sample characters.

The import seemed fine. I grabbed some random tokens and portraits for the imported characters and dropped them into the combat tracker and then onto the map from there. Added the troll/stirge encounter from the beginning of Dragon Heist.

The tokens I dropped for the imported characters that were just randomly picked were all way smaller than the grid. I can't find where to unlock/lock token scaling. Created a new character and grabbed a random token. Added to CT then to map. Same issue. Tokens were very small.

Opened a new map and dropped tokens - again very small.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2019, 15:15
I can confirm this. No matter what the size of the creature is the token is a small object in the centre of the grid square. The dark circle around the token is the correct size and the size underlay is also correct as well as the reach. The Troll in this graphic should be taking up 4 squares.

Tokens can be scaled ok with CTRL+mouse wheel but there seems to be some issue with the size. Changing the size in the CT does make the underlay bigger (or smaller). It's just the token that's affected.

This has been introduced recently since when I was testing LOS the other day the tokens were the correct size.

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2019, 00:36
Thanks, guys. This has been filed as FGU-478.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
September 21st, 2019, 22:18
In the module activation area, if the client single clicks on the share/don't share red/green thingy it'll toggle states graphically (but doesn't actually change anything).

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2019, 20:02
JohnQPublic,

This changes the sharing state of the module for players between allowed/disallowed. It appears to be working as expected (i.e. sends an update to clients whether module is allowed/disallowed).

Are you expecting something else when you press that icon?

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
September 24th, 2019, 22:32
It's toggling the graphic from green to red and back when clicked from the client. Clicking from the client shouldn't do anything, right?

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2019, 23:51
Oh, are you talking about the player client? If so, then they shouldn't be able to click it.

It looks like it's the same in FGC as well, so I'll queue an update for both v3.3.9 and FGU.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
October 1st, 2019, 05:47
Maybe I don't understand how it's supposed to work, but this seems wrong to me.

In the Data Module Activation window. Typing in the left hand search box at the bottom does nothing. Hit enter, still nothing. Click the magnifying glass to the left, nothing. Click the magnifying glass on the right or the right text box that says "search by author" and it filters based on what I've typed in the left text box. Same behavior on host and client.

Edit: Now it works perfectly. I don't know what I did. I'll try to replicate it.

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2019, 07:15
It should filter the results whenever you change focus (i.e. click in another field), or when you press Enter. Definitely let me know if you can replicate those not working.

Regards,
JPG

JohnQPublic
October 29th, 2019, 23:22
Wow. Look at all the games in the lobby. Holy moly.
Tried to connect to a friend's game and got:
[10/29/2019 3:17:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unexpected command (IMUBR) from authorizing player.
[10/29/2019 3:17:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unexpected command (IMUBR) from authorizing player.

over and over.

He was unable to connect to me but got no error, just sat at 'Acquiring File List' for a long time then 'Joining Host at' then after a while (5min?) the client just crashed. We verified ports were open and we can connect both ways with FGC.

We tried public and private, cloud and local

JohnQPublic
October 29th, 2019, 23:25
In the lobby, typing a letter feels like it should auto scroll to the DMs that start with that letter.

When connecting some more progress information would be appreciated. I would love to see specifics like "downloading Players Handbook", "establishing connection", etc. A progress bar is nice, but, in my opinion, more information is better.

JohnQPublic
October 29th, 2019, 23:52
We ARE able to connect (pretty fast) with CoreRPG.

JohnQPublic
October 31st, 2019, 04:44
duplicate post

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 10:12
For the IMUBR error message, that means that the GM client is running a newer version than you are. While we are in the beta stage, we won't be trying to constantly rev the version, so make sure you're up to date.

For the Join By User Name box on the launcher Join Game screen, it is not a search box, just a way to enter the GM's name for a direct connect. Making it a "filter" box is not a bad idea, so I'll look into that. However, it still needs to be a primary connection mechanism, so that user's can connect to "private" games.

Cheers,
JPG