PDA

View Full Version : Alpha issues I noticed

Eru the One
August 16th, 2019, 01:27
Just a few things I noticed during my initial testing:

When I pasted in my Unity license I see the message below the license field:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28476&d=1565912859

My key still works though.

When I create/load a 5e campaign without any modules loaded, it takes ~90 seconds to start, FGU is "Not Responding" in task manager for majority of that time, and FGU doesn't go above 15% CPU utilization.

When using the map tools, the tool-tip popup over the icons flickers several times before displaying properly.

When rolling dice, the text of the dice rolled is just lists the die rolled vs. how many were rolled:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28481&d=1565915013

Pick up the d6 and right click twice
Right click d6 and choose 3.
/die 3d6

That's all so far.

deer_buster
August 16th, 2019, 01:55
Confirm the long host startup delay with 5e (not tested any others yet). It would be nice if there was some kind of loading progress bar or something to let you know that it was actually doing something.

I noticed that when picking up and rolling 3d6, one of the d6 appeared to land on an edge of the cube. Looked very weird.

Confirm the 3d6+4 modifier shows up as 1d6 +4 as the die text when dragging and dropping dice and adding dice with right click.

/die command works as expected so far

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2019, 07:38
Invalid License Key Message in Settings
So, just to make sure I understand, the Settings/Updater application complains about an invalid license key, but no error is generated when starting FGU?
If so, I'll need to circle with Ryan who works on the settings/updater app to see what's different.

Long Load Times
We know that the load times are slow, but optimization is not high on the priority list during alpha. We will be looking to speed things up as we advance towards release.

Image Tools Tooltip Flickering
I've filed task FGU-347 for Carl to investigate. He may need more specifics.

Chat Dice Expression Does Not Match Roll
This is related to another issue already reported for me to investigate:
FGU-344 = Rolls of more than 1 die shows incorrect dice in chat dice expression

Loading Bars
Loading bars are problematic for rulesets, because we have to load all the data in order to estimate which slows down loading. It's a Catch 22. We'll revisit this, based on how well we can optimize during the beta period.

Dice On Edge
This can happen depending on die physics settings, and "settling" behaviors implemented. The dice will always resolve after a period of time, regardless. We're still planning to revisit the die physics before release, but it's working for now.

Regards,
JPG

deer_buster
August 16th, 2019, 14:29
JPG, is there anywhere we can look to see these tasks you mention? It might help prevention of duplicate issues if we could search on issues to see if they have been reported and responded.

Eru the One
August 16th, 2019, 17:33
Invalid License Key Message in Settings
So, just to make sure I understand, the Settings/Updater application complains about an invalid license key, but no error is generated when starting FGU?
If so, I'll need to circle with Ryan who works on the settings/updater app to see what's different.

When I input my license key, the "Invalid License Key" in red popped up, but I still was able to save and start FGU, so the message isn't valid or it isn't checking correctly. Even if I go back into Settings, "Invalid License Key" is still there.

Eru the One

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2019, 04:45
Eru,
Thanks for verifying. Filed as task [FGU-356].

deer_buster,
I've added a running list of issues/tasks reported in this forum to the Known Items thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483

Cheers,
JPG

Eru the One
August 18th, 2019, 23:20
When Hosting a new game, I found that using the same name as one that exists will overwrite instead of not allowing you to use that game name like classic does today.

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2019, 22:51
What's the exact error message you are seeing? I'm able to connect using the same instance on my development machine to either local or cloud server.

Thanks,
JPG

Eru the One
August 20th, 2019, 17:21
When creating a new campaign, in FGC the text is red to show it is in use. In FGU it will just blow away the existing campaign and use the name, no errors or alerts to say it was already in use.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2019, 00:40
Yeah, that's not good. I've added as task FGU-410.

Thanks,
JPG