PDA

View Full Version : Black rectangle appearing

Kelrugem
August 15th, 2019, 23:00
Hi :)

Thanks for the alpha version :P

I just played a bit with it and I was able to reproduce a black rectangle at the bottom right corner, see the attached picture :) I've added the aarakocra into the CT and had maelstrom lvl 1 map open in the background (from Storm King's Thunder). When I press the damage button of the talon attack very often and quick then I get this black rectangle as in the picture. It vanishes after some time again :)

Also, I am not sure if this is intended, everything is a bit blurry for me (that can not really be seen in the picture). It is not a strong blur but I have more difficulties to read text and looking at images now. But maybe this is something due to my settings in my graphics card :) (or I need now new glasses ;))

The distance number of pointers is often overdrawn by the pointer itself and the pointers (or drawn shapes in general) look a bit pixelated/strange (but probably known) :)

In the assets folder all images of all purchased modules are loaded even when the module is not opened; I suspect that this may be the reason why I have much bigger loading times for my campaign now :) (or that is just due to the alpha version)

I am not sure which of these things are known, but I guess it is better to name too many things than too less :D

The launcher and new console looks great, also of course the new mapping tools although I have to learn them still :)

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: The scaleui command does also not work (I tried to do that to get rid of the blur :) )
EDIT2: Aah, just read that scaleui is not part of FGU at the moment :) So ignore the previous EDIT :D

Kelrugem
August 15th, 2019, 23:10
Here is some picture about the blur; hopefully one can see that. On the right is some chat snip of FGC and on the left of FGU :) But maybe just a matter of "getting used to it" :)

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2019, 00:35
Thanks for the report.

Just filed the following tasks in our tracking system:

FGU-337 = Black rectangle appears on desktop after many rolls quickly
FGU-338 = Fonts are blurry compared to FG Classic
FGU-339 = Pointers are not drawing correctly

A couple other notes:

We knew about pointers not being drawn correctly; but it's behind some other image fixes/improvements. I went ahead and filed task anyway.
I'm not sure why the text appears blurry for you; I'm not seeing that on my machine. Perhaps Windows is auto-scaling on your high-res display? Or a compatibility mode setting? Or a graphics card setting? We might need your help to track down.

Cheers,
JPG

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 00:42
Thanks for the report.

Just filed the following tasks in our tracking system:

FGU-337 = Black rectangle appears on desktop after many rolls quickly
FGU-338 = Fonts are blurry compared to FG Classic
FGU-339 = Pointers are not drawing correctly

A couple other notes:

We knew about pointers not being drawn correctly; but it's behind some other image fixes/improvements. I went ahead and filed task anyway.
I'm not sure why the text appears blurry for you; I'm not seeing that on my machine. Perhaps Windows is auto-scaling on your high-res display? Or a compatibility mode setting? Or a graphics card setting? We might need your help to track down.

Cheers,
JPG

Thank you very much for your answer :)

Ah okay, so the blur is not intentional. Then I try to play a bit with my computer settings to see if I can find the cause. I will write here again when I will have found a possible fix and cause in my settings :)

pindercarl
August 16th, 2019, 01:09
Can you check the text rendering with no extensions? I have some guesses and that would help narrow it down.

If you are using a high-res display (like a 4K monitor), it could be Windows auto-scaling. I can't think of any other graphic cards settings that would affect the text and not make everything else blurry.

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 01:28
Can you check the text rendering with no extensions? I have some guesses and that would help narrow it down.

If you are using a high-res display (like a 4K monitor), it could be Windows auto-scaling. I can't think of any other graphic cards settings that would affect the text and not make everything else blurry.

Thanks for your answer :)

It is still there without any extension and I do not have 4k monitors (I have 1080p, 1920 x 1080). I am not so sure if the blur only affects the text, I attached a new picture (left FGC, right FGU). I hope one can see it, but not only the fonts and headers are blurred a bit but also "everything else". When you're looking at the banners on the right or the effect button in the upper right corner then you may see that they are a bit blurred, too. With the launcher I have a similar problem, also there I had the feeling that "something's strange" :) (and now I see that the dice tower is cut off a bit at the top in FGU :D)

I try to find the Windows auto-scaling to test that out :)

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 01:36
Okay, now I am sure that the blur is overall, see new picture: The portrait of my kobold bard (:) ) is blurred again on the right side (FGU) :)

EDIT: Turning of Windows auto-scaling didn't help :)

pindercarl
August 16th, 2019, 02:14
The portrait rendering is as expected. FGC uses nearest-neighbor pixel sampling for image resizing and FGU uses bilinear filtering. I do notice little softness on the frame graphics. I think I have enough information to do on. One last data point to eliminate other possibilities, what graphics card are you using?

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 02:23
The portrait rendering is as expected. FGC uses nearest-neighbor pixel sampling for image resizing and FGU uses bilinear filtering. I do notice little softness on the frame graphics. I think I have enough information to do on. One last data point to eliminate other possibilities, what graphics card are you using?

Thanks again for your fast help :)

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

pindercarl
August 16th, 2019, 02:25
I was sort of hoping you were going to say a Diamond Stealth 64 ;) I think we can safely eliminate the graphics card as an issue.

Kelrugem
August 16th, 2019, 02:28
I was sort of hoping you were going to say a Diamond Stealth 64 ;) I think we can safely eliminate the graphics card as an issue.

;) very good :D

Kelrugem
September 4th, 2019, 22:16

Did the text rendering change? :) For some reason it now looks better without any blur, or I got used to the blur and can't see it anymore :D Thanks if fixed :)