PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose Traveller 2E

MadBeardMan
August 14th, 2019, 21:30
Folks,

So what's in Mongoose Traveller 2E?

The first thing to note is it's known now as MGT2 (Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition), you can see more here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller_(role-playing_game)) on Traveller editiions.

To build 2E I took the 1E ruleset (at version 1.0.9) and then tidied up code not required and added in new code. Some updates have gone back and forth between both versions, which will continue.

The Reference Manual has been completely re-parsed using the Core rulebook released Feb 2018. It means all data as 1E had (except Homeworlds - as 2E doesn't have that - until the Traveller Companion book (book 5)), is there. All updated. All new images are included, means you have an image for almost every weapon, piece of equipment and suit of armour!
New Theme which I think is 1000 levels of awesome
Codeset is cleaner, I've been ruthless and tided up some code that needed a refactor. Un-needed code has also been removed. The code base is 15% smaller than 1E.
Tables! Tables are now categorised. Meaning that Character Generation Tables can be filtered, so you can pick 'Core rulebook' tables and see Injury Table etc only!

New features:

Difficulty Numbers have replaced a target number of 8 with modifiers. The GM can set this and the players skill rolls and characteristic are rolled against it, attacks still use 8+
Boon/Bane Dice options. You can with a characteristic/skill roll add an extra dice (and drop the lowest) (Boon) or add an extra dice and remove the highest (Bane) to those rolls, simply click the Button on the desktop
Destructive Damage added. If a weapon has DD after the dice, ie 2DD then the normal number of dice are rolled but the damage is multiplied by 10 (Attack rolls bonus damage (Effects) are ignored)
NPC's now have a 'Type'. Humanoid is for all normal races, Animal for Animals/Creatures and Other (for future use - maybe Androids). If 'Animal' is choen, the stats are then changed to allow the entry of Animal specific data
Combat Tracker updated. The Status is back and the colours have been tweaked to be better spreadout
Combat Tracker works with Animals. If the NPC is an Animal then hits are shown rather than the normal wound tracker
Radiation. Armours such as Battle Dress, Vacc Suit now have a Radiation rating, this is a defense value as well against Radiation damage
Radiation on Character sheet. On the Actions tab next to Initiative there's a Rad score, this is just a manual entry for the moment. A future update will automate this
Medic skill now automatically adds 3 new actions (under the Misc Actions title) allowing First Aid to be dragged over an injured party to roll a Healing check against them
Weapon Traits. Weapons now have a Traits field. This is excellent, as it means we can add automation for certain traits!
Weapon Traits. Auto X is supported, Single, Burst and Auto, the Auto Number is the one that affects bonus damage (burst) and ammo count.
Weapon Traits. AP X is supported, for example Gauss Pistol has an AP value of 2, that's -2 to any armour.
PSI Abilities now have a default PSI Cost. When adding a Talent, all Abilities for that Talent will be added with their PSI Costs set.
Damage Types have been expanded: "kinetic", "laser", "psionic", "radiation", "stun", "fire", "corrosive" - the latter two will be part of the Effects system due in a future update
Races, Careers and Homeworlds can be created and edited.

It's been released, you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=MGP40000TRVMG2E

The first two Reach Adventures will be released soon:

Marooned On Marduk
Theories of Everything

The next Core book to be released with be 'Central Supply Catalogue'. There is no release date for this (at this time), the 1st section has already been completed and Ruleset modifications have begun (Slots, Str and Dex mods).

Stay tuned, and if you want more updates just look me up on Twitter.

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
August 14th, 2019, 21:58
Excellent! Looking forward to this. Will 1E see some of the same enhancements, or is it strictly 2E only?

MadBeardMan
August 14th, 2019, 23:32
Excellent! Looking forward to this. Will 1E see some of the same enhancements, or is it strictly 2E only?

Hey GBFuFu,

The answer is maybe, if 1E supports the same rules as 2E for example, 2E uses Cover for additional Armour rating, 1E doesn't. 1E doesn't support DD damage etc, so it's a case by case basis.

However, I will update the Tables in 1E so they're split so you don't see those 100+ tables when you don't want them.

I added a D66 table for 2E, it's actually D56+10, and works by re-rolling if it gets an invalid number set, ie 17-20. Sadly no dice roll, it just uses an inbuilt function inside FG to 'randomly pick a number'. I hope FGU supports D66.

Cheers,
MBM

Trenloe
August 15th, 2019, 00:22
I added a D66 table for 2E, it's actually D56+10, and works by re-rolling if it gets an invalid number set, ie 17-20. Sadly no dice roll, it just uses an inbuilt function inside FG to 'randomly pick a number'. I hope FGU supports D66.
Other rulesets have implemented D66 similar to D100 - one D6 that give 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, and a normal D6. Add them together and you get the correct 2 digit number for D66. It’s a good solution. :-)

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2019, 00:28
Other rulesets have implemented D66 similar to D100 - one D6 that give 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, and a normal D6. Add them together and you get the correct 2 digit number for D66. It’s a good solution. :-)

Sent you an email, the table is generated and it's FG that makes it D56+10. This is NOT rolling the dice from the Desktop.

Cheers,
MBM

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 01:01
Why don't just add a custom die to the ruleset?

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2019, 01:06
Why don't just add a custom die to the ruleset?

Don't have the time to code one up at the moment (could look for it in another ruleset if I have it), for me other things are more important as the tables do roll a D66 and return a valid value when you click the 'roll' button.

Also the desktop space is getting a little crowded, so not sure how well another Dice would fit, especially one that is double D6, but can see if the lovely Dan has time to create it.

Cheers,
MBM

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 01:55
Actually, just thinking about it, I believe it was damned that had the best solution. Make a "d60" (which is like a half dozen lines of code in gameelements.xml) and then in your table, drop one d60 and one d6 into the die pool. Voila, done. He also did a d600 so you could roll Traveller style d666.

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 02:19
Yeah, this took me less than 1/2 hr to add to the C&C ruleset - and that was with creating the table.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/d66sample.png

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 02:32
And as far as space goes, the default for this setup is to put the extra d60 and d600 as menu options on the d6 radial dial, so no extra desktop space is used.

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2019, 10:53
And as far as space goes, the default for this setup is to put the extra d60 and d600 as menu options on the d6 radial dial, so no extra desktop space is used.

Sounds good, it's all in MoreCore me thinks ins't it. Not done much with custom die at all.

Or just zip up that code and send it over and I'll add it, then I hope that the parser I've got works!

Cheers,
MBM

damned
August 15th, 2019, 11:43
gameelements.xml

<customdie name="d60">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>d60icon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*10;
end
</script>
</customdie>
<customdie name="d600">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>d600icon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*100;
end
</script>
</customdie>

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2019, 12:03
gameelements.xml

<customdie name="d60">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>d60icon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*10;
end
</script>
</customdie>
<customdie name="d600">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>d600icon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*100;
end
</script>
</customdie>

Cheers fella. Head is deep in WOIN code. Have discovered there was another Errata...

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 12:27
Cheers fella. Head is deep in WOIN code. Have discovered there was another Errata...

You can change "<menuicon>d60icon</menuicon>" and "<menuicon>d600icon</menuicon>" to "<menuicon>customdice</menuicon>" if you don't want to make your own icons...

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2019, 12:39
You can change "<menuicon>d60icon</menuicon>" and "<menuicon>d600icon</menuicon>" to "<menuicon>customdice</menuicon>" if you don't want to make your own icons...

You guys (that's you as well Damned) are just brilliant at times. I should be doing WOiN fixes, but wanted to test this simple code.

It's simple and brilliant. I'll ask Dan to make some custom icons for it.

I owe you both some beer.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 5th, 2019, 15:14
Folks,

Just updated the 1st post in this thread.

It's all with FG now, hope it gets released soon.

LordNanoc has been a star and given the Ruleset a test (picking up many things I've missed in my tests!).

Just waiting to here when it's going Live!

Cheers,
MBM

lordmalachdrim
September 5th, 2019, 21:50
Thank you for all your hard work. I can't wait to get my hands on this (next Friday as that's payday).

MadBeardMan
September 5th, 2019, 22:24
Thank you for all your hard work. I can't wait to get my hands on this (next Friday as that's payday).

No problems, been told it might get released in 1 to 2 weeks, they're making sure it's all good

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
September 5th, 2019, 22:31
No problems, been told it might get released in 1 to 2 weeks, they're making sure it's all good

Cheers
MBM

Super fantastic ((Jumping up and up, hitting head on ceiling because he was so excited he forgot to turn on the grav plates))

:)

dmccoy1693
September 7th, 2019, 06:55
I added a D66 table for 2E, it's actually D56+10, and works by re-rolling if it gets an invalid number set, ie 17-20.

Do nested d6 tables. So it rolls a d6, which sends it to another d6 table. Easy peasy

MadBeardMan
September 7th, 2019, 14:11
Do nested d6 tables. So it rolls a d6, which sends it to another d6 table. Easy peasy

No need, there's now a D66 dice, thanks for @Damned and @Andraxx for helping with it.

MGT2 Book 2 - Central Supply Catalogue - has been started, going to work on at least a 'section' each week around my other commitments. No date yet, but I'll update my usual channels with progress.

Cheers,
MBM

dmccoy1693
September 7th, 2019, 16:10
No need, there's now a D66 dice, thanks for @Damned and @Andraxx for helping with it.

Awesome!

LordNanoc
September 8th, 2019, 14:15
And this rollable tables are working great, I tellya!

LordNanoc
September 8th, 2019, 18:00
Folks,

So what's in Mongoose Traveller 2E?

New features:

Damage Types have been expanded: "kinetic", "laser", "psionic", "radiation", "stun", "fire", "corrosive" - the latter two will be part of the Effects system due in a future update

Stay tuned, and if you want more updates just look me up on Twitter.

Cheers,
MBM

BTW, Radiation and stun do have effects as well. They do damage over time.

MadBeardMan
September 8th, 2019, 18:04
BTW, Radiation and stun do have effects as well. They do damage over time.

Fear not. I'm starting work on WOiN NOW, that's got the effects system that I wrote for it, so I plan to 'borrow' it and drop it into MGT2 in a future update.

Huzzah!

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
September 9th, 2019, 18:23
Jolly good!

chumbly
September 17th, 2019, 01:28
Just out of curiosity.. does anybody know the day of the week and rough time that Smiteworks releases
new stuff for Fantasy Grounds?

Since about last Thursday... I have been checking the store every few hours for Mongoose Trav 2E...

I feel like a 6-year-old in the back of a car "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"
Half afraid somebody is going to turn around and scream at me "It's there when it's there... Don't make me come back there!!!"

The sad thing I will go through this again when FG Unity Beta finally draws near....

"Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

Chumbly

esmdev
September 17th, 2019, 04:37
Just out of curiosity.. does anybody know the day of the week and rough time that Smiteworks releases
new stuff for Fantasy Grounds?

Since about last Thursday... I have been checking the store every few hours for Mongoose Trav 2E...

I feel like a 6-year-old in the back of a car "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"
Half afraid somebody is going to turn around and scream at me "It's there when it's there... Don't make me come back there!!!"

The sad thing I will go through this again when FG Unity Beta finally draws near....

"Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

Chumbly

Always on Tuesdays, generally see stuff in the late morning Pacific time.

lordmalachdrim
September 17th, 2019, 12:37
As esmdev said new stuff is on Tuesday. They like to release new product and patches/updates at the same time.

Griffian
September 17th, 2019, 16:26
I've been doing the same thing checking everyday to see if its up haha, guess I can hope for today and then wait till next Tuesday in that case!

lordmalachdrim
September 17th, 2019, 21:29
Ok...so I followed the link Mongoose Publishing put up on facebook which lead to the rule set. And it says it's available Sept 15, 2019, but it's not (today being 9/17/19 you would think it would). Anyone know what's going on?

Link in question: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=MGP40000TRVMG2E&fbclid=IwAR03Xkwj7fRWC0RSAX8QlCwC39dLIxjecPGcHRGK-jis4mEIAuX11yKIO6k

dberkompas
September 17th, 2019, 22:22
It's now available at the link you posted.

chumbly
September 17th, 2019, 22:32
Bought it .. Downloaded it ... Brought it up ... Looks Good

Yippee

Chumbly

No sign yet of the 2 Rift Adventures..

lordmalachdrim
September 17th, 2019, 23:08
Sweet. Buying now.

esmdev
September 18th, 2019, 01:11
Yay for us! Congrats to you MadBeardMan for hitting this milestone.

garrion_sw
September 18th, 2019, 05:07
Moved to another thread.

LordNanoc
September 18th, 2019, 05:30
It's out btw. Check the store. 

--edit, I should always go to the last page before answering a thread. So I see, you have already found it.

chumbly
September 18th, 2019, 07:05
Could we have a sticky Bug Thread for MgT2E as we do for MgT1E. That way people looking for information
on possibly buying the product aren't hit with a collection of small glitch bug reports. I got a small one but will wait to
see if we get a bug report thread b4 posting. I would like to give feedback on small glitches without giving a wrong impression
about the ruleset which I think is GREAT. Thanx MaxBeardMan

Chumbly

Also.. could we have the description for the Traveller forum modified to mention MgT2e like it does MgT1E.

MadBeardMan
September 18th, 2019, 10:00
Could we have a sticky Bug Thread for MgT2E as we do for MgT1E. That way people looking for information
on possibly buying the product aren't hit with a collection of small glitch bug reports. I got a small one but will wait to
see if we get a bug report thread b4 posting. I would like to give feedback on small glitches without giving a wrong impression
about the ruleset which I think is GREAT. Thanx MaxBeardMan

Chumbly

Also.. could we have the description for the Traveller forum modified to mention MgT2e like it does MgT1E.

Morning Chumbers!

I should be at work today (sigh, kids! and schools).

Anyway, I'll ask for a stick bug list. I'm sure there are still some bugs, but I hope all the big ones have been found and killed.

The 2 'Reach' (not Rift) adventures are on the test list, they might be out next week. The plan is to release the rest of the Reach adventures, something like 3 & 4 in October, then 5 & 6 in November in time for the next Core book to be released.

Cheers,
MBM

dmccoy1693
September 18th, 2019, 21:22
Have it. Questions:

* I'm trying to add equipment, but I can't find the right word to make a new item have it change to a weapon. I figured armor have to "Armour" but can't figure out weapons. More questions to come, I'm sure.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. It is type "Weapons" subtype "Melee".

EDIT 2: And I get a Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil) error when I tried to add it to the character.

MadBeardMan
September 19th, 2019, 07:48
Have it. Questions:

* I'm trying to add equipment, but I can't find the right word to make a new item have it change to a weapon. I figured armor have to "Armour" but can't figure out weapons. More questions to come, I'm sure.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. It is type "Weapons" subtype "Melee".

EDIT 2: And I get a Script Error (string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua").692: bad argument #1 to 'len' (String expected, got nil) error when I tried to add it to the character.

Can you post an image of the weapon window so I can see what values each field has please.

Cheers,
MBM

vincentprice
September 22nd, 2019, 18:27
Hi, does anyone know if this is going to be sold in the Steam store soon? I have all my FG rulesets etc from there and it just seems easier to keep them all in one place

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2019, 11:56
Hi, does anyone know if this is going to be sold in the Steam store soon? I have all my FG rulesets etc from there and it just seems easier to keep them all in one place

I'll email Smiteworks to ask them for you, I was sent a link for it, but it doesn't work.

Cheers,
MBM

vincentprice
September 23rd, 2019, 14:01
I'll email Smiteworks to ask them for you, I was sent a link for it, but it doesn't work.

Cheers,
MBM

Cheers man, appreciated

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2019, 15:55
Cheers man, appreciated

It's been released!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1160930/Fantasy_Grounds__Mongoose_Traveller_2E_ruleset_MGT 2/

Cheers,
MBM

vincentprice
September 23rd, 2019, 18:13
It's been released!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1160930/Fantasy_Grounds__Mongoose_Traveller_2E_ruleset_MGT 2/

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you very much, I've just purchased it there, I appreciate the update and well done, it looks amazing

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2019, 18:22
Thank you very much, I've just purchased it there, I appreciate the update and well done, it looks amazing

Hi Vincentprice,

The thanks goes to you. I've done this for my own game, as I wanted to play 2300AD with a group of old friends, but I'm about to run Pirates of Drinax, both on FG and on tabletop, so I'm working as fast as I can, bug fixing at the moment, that's two done.

Cheers,
MBM

chumbly
September 23rd, 2019, 19:09
Hi Vincentprice,

The thanks goes to you. I've done this for my own game, as I wanted to play 2300AD with a group of old friends, but I'm about to run Pirates of Drinax, both on FG and on tabletop, so I'm working as fast as I can, bug fixing at the moment, that's two done.

Cheers,
MBM

Mongoose is going to make it even more exciting, with the announcement in the JTAS Kickstarter update, that the next Kickstarter
will be similar to a Pirates of Drinax campaign but MUCH bigger and capable of running for years. I guess Mongoose doesn't want you to feel like you got nutting to do ;)

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2019, 19:57
Mongoose is going to make it even more exciting, with the announcement in the JTAS Kickstarter update, that the next Kickstarter
will be similar to a Pirates of Drinax campaign but MUCH bigger and capable of running for years. I guess Mongoose doesn't want you to feel like you got nutting to do ;)

Chumbly

Oddly Chumbly old boy, I asked Mongoose about the new campaign today, it'll be on a Kickstarter so it'll be HUGE!

CSC is around 20% completed btw, it'll be done for October.

Huzzah, family meeting time then a few more bugs and then some VtM.

Cheers
MBM

meachie
September 25th, 2019, 00:41
Edit: Don't worry

LordNanoc
September 25th, 2019, 08:13
MBM ist doing a great job here. The sheer amount of data in the CSC is mind boggling! Alone reading through the Reference Manual and then reading through the different sections as well (Armour and Survival gear atm) and then checking each item if there are errors equipping them is a lot of work, but typing all that in? Automating some sh*t and bending your head around how to make the FG engine understand what Mongoose intended?
Man, MBM, you don't only look like a wizard, you ARE one!

esmdev
September 25th, 2019, 10:48
I remember when the CSC came out for 2E I was like... man they put a lot into this one compared to previous versions, plus lots of pretty pictures, awesome. Of course if I had to do data entry of it I'd be like why'd they have to put all this extra stuff.

MadBeardMan
September 25th, 2019, 14:37
MBM ist doing a great job here. The sheer amount of data in the CSC is mind boggling! Alone reading through the Reference Manual and then reading through the different sections as well (Armour and Survival gear atm) and then checking each item if there are errors equipping them is a lot of work, but typing all that in? Automating some sh*t and bending your head around how to make the FG engine understand what Mongoose intended?
Man, MBM, you don't only look like a wizard, you ARE one!

At work my nickname is 'Gandalf' as some people think coding is magic.

Now I've worked out how to put the image as a link into each item it's adding more time onto the data entry, most is cut & pasted, then formatted.... I enjoy doing it and seeing the items appear - it's easy work, the Ruleset however isn't so easy.

When LordNanoc has approved the image links, I'll slowly add them into the Core rulebook for those that have them.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
September 25th, 2019, 17:45
At work my nickname is 'Gandalf' as some people think coding is magic.

Hahaha ... a classic! Wonderful!

ps: you can then say to each bug: "You shall not pass!!!!" :D

Now I've worked out how to put the image as a link into each item it's adding more time onto the data entry, most is cut & pasted, then formatted.... I enjoy doing it and seeing the items appear - it's easy work, the Ruleset however isn't so easy.

When LordNanoc has approved the image links, I'll slowly add them into the Core rulebook for those that have them.

Cheers,
MBM

Great stuff! Will check this as soon as I have this version on the TEST servers.
cya

garrion_sw
September 30th, 2019, 12:58
I'm about to run Pirates of Drinax, both on FG and on tabletop, so I'm working as fast as I can, bug fixing at the moment, that's two done.

I'm also starting Pirates of Drinax with my local gaming club. I use a projector setup at home so I went and got a 43" TV to connect to my laptop since I'll be running this at the club using your new ruleset. The timing was perfect. I'll use it to display maps, handouts, NPCs, etc. and keep track of all that GM stuff while the players use their physical minis. I'll also display "navigation charts" pulled from Travellermap.com. I'll let you know how it goes.

LordNanoc
October 1st, 2019, 20:16
BTW the first two Reach adventures are available now.

chumbly
October 1st, 2019, 20:48
BTW the first two Reach adventures are available now.

Bought them(Great Price btw)... downloaded them.. loaded them... Looks Gorgeous .. can't wait

Chumbly
Thanx FG, Mongoose and MadBeardman

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2019, 08:01
I'm also starting Pirates of Drinax with my local gaming club. I use a projector setup at home so I went and got a 43" TV to connect to my laptop since I'll be running this at the club using your new ruleset. The timing was perfect. I'll use it to display maps, handouts, NPCs, etc. and keep track of all that GM stuff while the players use their physical minis. I'll also display "navigation charts" pulled from Travellermap.com. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cool stuff and please do keep me posted!

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2019, 08:03
Bought them(Great Price btw)... downloaded them.. loaded them... Looks Gorgeous .. can't wait

Chumbly
Thanx FG, Mongoose and MadBeardman

Thanks Chap :) Let me know how you get on. I got a friend (paid him with thanks!) to create the two maps in the 1st Adventure. People complain that it's not that good, oddly I feel that an adventure is as good as the GM and the players, the text etc is just the background. My players and I had a good stressful few sessions with it!

Cheers.
MBM

esmdev
October 4th, 2019, 14:38
Thanks Chap :) Let me know how you get on. I got a friend (paid him with thanks!) to create the two maps in the 1st Adventure. People complain that it's not that good, oddly I feel that an adventure is as good as the GM and the players, the text etc is just the background. My players and I had a good stressful few sessions with it!

Cheers.
MBM

To be honest, I used to use a small hand held whiteboard in my tabletop games to show rooms and such and it worked pretty well. When I started using ETU/Savage Worlds adventures in FG I was surprised how few if any maps existed, and I knew about the lack of maps in many traveller adventures, so I created a large blank white image, threw a grid on it and just draw freestyle maps on it real-time in the game. It is about as ugly as you can get cause I'm no artist, but it works well enough to track combat while working as a whatever, wherever tool.

So any maps you add are greatly appreciated. :)

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2019, 18:14
To be honest, I used to use a small hand held whiteboard in my tabletop games to show rooms and such and it worked pretty well. When I started using ETU/Savage Worlds adventures in FG I was surprised how few if any maps existed, and I knew about the lack of maps in many traveller adventures, so I created a large blank white image, threw a grid on it and just draw freestyle maps on it real-time in the game. It is about as ugly as you can get cause I'm no artist, but it works well enough to track combat while working as a whatever, wherever tool.

So any maps you add are greatly appreciated. :)

Yea agree with you, the 1E and older Traveller editions including MegaTraveller, 2300AD etc, I used to draw them myself ahead of time. I'll be reading up Reach Adventure 3 and 4 next week, see if they require any more maps (they contain some, not sure if they're suitable for players) and so I'll get Tim to create some more hopefully.

I'm finishing up stuff on Vampire this weekend, then it's nothing but Traveller and Call of Cthulhu upto Christmas, after that it's RuneQuest and Traveller.

Cheers,
MBM

Rogue
October 6th, 2019, 18:21
In case you guys are interested, this map site is a good tool. you can click on a sector, zoom in, and it will give ou print friendly info about the sector or system you want. I use it a lot.

https://travellermap.com/?p=-7.836!-20.664!2.6

Happy Gaming!

MadBeardMan
October 6th, 2019, 20:15
In case you guys are interested, this map site is a good tool. you can click on a sector, zoom in, and it will give ou print friendly info about the sector or system you want. I use it a lot.

https://travellermap.com/?p=-7.836!-20.664!2.6

Happy Gaming!

It's an ace site, Matt Sprange at Mongoose put me in touch with the chap who runs the project, alas I can't help out, it's all .NET on IIS. These days I'm NodeJS on AWS.

But if anyone else has ASP.NET and time go help :)

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 22nd, 2019, 04:34
Dear MadBeardMan,

In the past 8 weeks my group has played around 20 sessions (split between 2 referees, I run on Thursday and Sunday and my roommate runs on Saturdays, and a third is likely to take my Sunday spot) between 3-5 hours each with 4-5 characters in play including a psion in one of the campaigns. My roommate ran Reach Adventure 1-2 before deciding to run Drinax. I'm mostly running a custom campaign and the world system is working nicely for that.

The reason I bring this up is to let you know that the Traveller 2E ruleset is rocking for us. We find little things that I report and are looking forward to the big things coming in the future but it is presently doing what we absolutely need to successfully run our games.

Figured you might like to know how things are working on the end-user side of things.

So hats off to you, Sir. :)

MadBeardMan
November 23rd, 2019, 14:05
Dear MadBeardMan,

In the past 8 weeks my group has played around 20 sessions (split between 2 referees, I run on Thursday and Sunday and my roommate runs on Saturdays, and a third is likely to take my Sunday spot) between 3-5 hours each with 4-5 characters in play including a psion in one of the campaigns. My roommate ran Reach Adventure 1-2 before deciding to run Drinax. I'm mostly running a custom campaign and the world system is working nicely for that.

The reason I bring this up is to let you know that the Traveller 2E ruleset is rocking for us. We find little things that I report and are looking forward to the big things coming in the future but it is presently doing what we absolutely need to successfully run our games.

Figured you might like to know how things are working on the end-user side of things.

So hats off to you, Sir. :)

Thanks chap, and thanks for posting this and on the other threas. I play my game in my way, so unless people speak up I don't know what focus people want. Me, I'm looking very forward to ship combat and it will happen, but things need to be done at Smiteworks first (or I need to do it all myself), I also need to adhere to what Mongoose would like to see done. Central Supply Catalogue is close, I'm doing bullets and ammunitiion at the moment, so thinking how to get that working.

My current thinking is that we have an icon next to a weapon, which we click and it opens up a pop-up window.

In that window we have the damage, the damage type, ammunition type (which you can drag and drop that in) and magazine size.

This fits the work for the update of the armour on which damage types it protects etc.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 23rd, 2019, 14:18
I am not sure how this would work on the coding end but maybe ammunition modifiers could be written as an effect applied to the weapon depending on what ammunition is loaded. Then the weapon does the work (modifierwise) and ammunition just gets subtracted from whatever is being used. Maybe a note in chat saying magazine changed so people remember to expend the minor action.

Kenderr
December 28th, 2019, 14:04
Hi, i purchased the module today and is great.

But, i dont find if there is any kind of sheet to manage ships?

esmdev
December 28th, 2019, 15:15
Hi, i purchased the module today and is great.

But, i dont find if there is any kind of sheet to manage ships?

Hi. At the moment most people are using the notes feature. There is a ship sheet coming but will mostly just have fields to keep records.

The major ship system will come with the High Guard expansion that will be developed after Central Supply Catalog which is currently in the pipeline.

It is an unfortunate decision that Mongoose decided to remove the ship systems from the core rules and put them in a supplement. :(

ThatsSoNoc
January 5th, 2021, 23:13
Hello MadBeardMan,

Our first session under our belt, the group I am running wonder if you could create a space on their character sheet where they can keep track of their training programs (learning a skill during downtime). Pen and Paper character sheets often have a space dedicated to keeping track of the number of weeks that a character has studied a skill before they make their EDU roll.

Skill (that they are learning): Skill level (wishing to achieve):
Number of weeks (required learning the skill): Number of weeks to go (before they roll their EDU):
Number of Study Periods Completed:

That would be helpful but not pressing.

One of the players noticed that there were not armour mods or weapon enhancements in the items list even though they are in the book. He was able to add them manually but would like to see them coded.

adzling
January 5th, 2021, 23:21
There already is a Study Period element on the Skills tab.

ThatsSoNoc
January 6th, 2021, 09:22
There already is a Study Period element on the Skills tab.

There is? I am not seeing it then. (screenshot attached)

Xargun
January 6th, 2021, 13:55

It is at the bottom of the page - but I think its an option the GM has to turn on.

Xargun

adzling
January 6th, 2021, 15:34

see attached

ThatsSoNoc
January 7th, 2021, 05:13
Got it...

For everyone else asking: In the Options popup, under the House Rules section, below "Allow Heavy Weapons over 100kg in Inventory", you will find the toggle for "Show Study Period on Skills Tab"

Thank-you everyone for pointing me in the right direction. :D

captainmidnight
January 17th, 2021, 13:43
Following this thread to keep updated!

ThatsSoNoc
May 2nd, 2021, 23:31
In the Central Supply Catalogue, under the entry, "Fusion Still" in the item description the word 'still' is consistently misspelt as 'stile'.

esmdev
May 3rd, 2021, 03:25
In the Central Supply Catalogue, under the entry, "Fusion Still" in the item description the word 'still' is consistently misspelt as 'stile'.

That is an error from the published book, which is why it is probably in the module too. I cannot verify at the moment if it is, or isn't in the module, but I assume it likely is.

The good news is that MadBeardMan has a direct link with Mongoose so it can get reported. Either way it can probably be fixed in the module regardless. :)

ThatsSoNoc
May 3rd, 2021, 06:26
That is an error from the published book, which is why it is probably in the module too. I cannot verify at the moment if it is, or isn't in the module, but I assume it likely is.

The good news is that MadBeardMan has a direct link with Mongoose so it can get reported. Either way, it can probably be fixed in the module regardless. :)

Thank you, I had presumed something like that had occurred. I don't own any physical books, so... Anyway, I presume that there's an opening for the proofreading/editors position at Mongoose? :D

Doomhippy
May 12th, 2021, 23:32
hey dude hope you all godd not been on the forum in a while been to busy runing games thx for the new modules aliens and rift any news on traveller element class cruiser as my guys are not far of doing a starwars on to a destroyer hahaha :-) hope your keeping well thx again :)