PDA

View Full Version : Invisible player effect

Valeous
August 14th, 2019, 19:13
Hey all! New to Fantasy Grounds and was messing with it with a player last night and came across an issue.

Player wants to cast invisibility on himself. I can right click and make him invisible, but then he cannot see himself.

I'd like to make it so he can see himself and I can see him, but not other players. Is there a way to do this?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 19:23
Welcome to the forums.

Token visibility is purely whether players see the token or not. There are no RPG system mechanics behind it. Additionally, there is no granularity - a token is either visible or not visible for all players. It's primary function is to show/hide NPCs. If you want to indicate that a PC is invisible maybe change their token for a while.

Valeous
August 14th, 2019, 19:39
Welcome to the forums.

Token visibility is purely whether players see the token or not. There are no RPG system mechanics behind it. Additionally, there is no granularity - a token is either visible or not visible for all players. It's primary function is to show/hide NPCs. If you want to indicate that a PC is invisible maybe change their token for a while.

So is there no way to hide a PC token from all other players but one?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 19:40
So is there no way to hide a PC token from all other players but one?
As I mentioned - there is no granularity - a token is either visible or not visible for all players.

Valeous
August 14th, 2019, 19:41
As I mentioned - there is no granularity - a token is either visible or not visible for all players.

Thanks! This answered my question :D

Zacchaeus
August 14th, 2019, 20:11
If you put the Invisible effect on a player character (or NPC) then it will follow the rules with respect to advantage/disadvantage to attacks etc if that is what you were looking for.