PDA

View Full Version : Changing the sidebar labels in 2e

Wintermute
August 14th, 2019, 16:03
I'm having an issue renaming just the token and library label on the 2e sidebar. For the CoC7E ruleset I used tokenbag_window_title and library_window_title to rename the sidebar. In 2e they are changing the window title but not the sidebar label. I've looked until I'm cross-eyed and can't find the right element to change. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

celestian
August 14th, 2019, 16:10
I'm having an issue renaming just the token and library label on the 2e sidebar. For the CoC7E ruleset I used tokenbag_window_title and library_window_title to rename the sidebar. In 2e they are changing the window title but not the sidebar label. I've looked until I'm cross-eyed and can't find the right element to change. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try: library_recordtype_label_*

edit: Actually, this is not it. You want to change the library/token buttons, not the record lists.

Maybe something around here is what you want in CoreRPG.

data_desktop.lua

aCoreDesktopDock =
{
["local"] =
{
{
icon="button_library",
icon_down="button_library_down",
tooltipres="sidebar_tooltip_library",
class="library",
subdock = true,
},
},
["live"] =
{
{
icon="button_tokencase",
icon_down="button_tokencase_down",
tooltipres="sidebar_tooltip_token",
class="tokenbag",
subdock = true,
},
{
icon="button_library",
icon_down="button_library_down",
tooltipres="sidebar_tooltip_library",
class="library",
subdock = true,
},
},
};

damned
August 14th, 2019, 16:10
they should be like this:
library_recordtype_label_xxxxxx
eg library_recordtype_label_npc

doh! I thought you were away celestian!

celestian
August 14th, 2019, 16:17
doh! I thought you were away celestian!

Not out of town yet ;)

Wintermute
August 14th, 2019, 17:27
Thanks for the help and the lua code. After some drilling, I found that to change the labels for the sidebar token and library, you need to use sidebar_tooltip_token & sidebar_tooltip_library. The rest of the sidebar uses the library_recordtype_label_xxxxxx except for the mini-buttons in the top right sidebar.

I was also wrong on my inital pot, you have to use the sidebar_tooltip_XXX for the CoC7E ruleset as well.