PDA

View Full Version : Downloading a BIG ruleset...

Zakarius
October 16th, 2006, 20:46
I'm almost finished with my major ruleset overhaul (I sure hope v2.0 doesn't make most of my changes obsolete)! It includes new graphics for many of the pop-up windows, background, reference files, etc. It's well over 10MB altogether. I hope to .zip this and send it to the players prior to our first log-in (which will only consist of a tutorial and setting up the characters).

So can the players (who only have the Lite version) receive the zipped campaign guts and 'Create and View Local Characters' with my ruleset, or do they have to do it online?

richvalle
October 16th, 2006, 21:00
I think they can but it might be easier to just have them login and download it. That way the file structure ect will all be right. You could pick a night before the first tutorial game as a 'download night'. You open up FG and keep it open. The players can login whenever they want and download it.

rv

Stuart
October 16th, 2006, 21:11
Trust me !
Far easier to log in and download - will only take 20 minutes or so ...;)

Zakarius
October 16th, 2006, 21:14
Alright... thanks for the replies ;)

Scarab
October 21st, 2006, 19:20
Hi ... new guy here. Sorry to get off topic, but is there some sort of tutorial on building rulesets?

Thanks

Griogre
October 22nd, 2006, 05:56
Try looking at this thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4493)

zambol
October 26th, 2006, 08:41
If you have many(3+) players and "not so fast" connection it might be wiser to send zipped ruleset beforehand.

-Zip whole folder
-Send it to players or have them load it from your site.
-Players unzip it to /ruleset-folder.

This should work. I have done it couple of times.
It saves your team gametime to do it beforehand. And you can never have too much of if ;) .