PDA

View Full Version : Established VTT Twitch Stream looking for players to start a Saturday Deadlands show.

Will Tomorrow
August 11th, 2019, 18:17
Howdy all, I'm Will Tomorrow, host and Game Master for the League of Gentlemen Explorers. We're a gaming Discord and Twitch stream with a focus on Virtual Tabletop games.

I currently run two games a week for the channel. There is a Tuesday D&D5E Curse of Strahd and a Sunday Starfinder Dead Suns campaign. They are going strong, and have all the wrinkles ironed out. So I'm ready to throw another wrench in the works.

I'm looking for 4 or 5 folks that have an interest in playing one of the lesser used (but amazing and fun, IMO) tabletop systems to run through several months of Weird West adventures. We'd be doing the Plot Point adventure Blood Drive, with a more than light sprinkling of other content gleaned from my vast collection of modules.

Have no fear it you're not accustomed to Savage Worlds, it is very easy to learn, and you'll likely be with a group that needs to learn the system as well. To be frank, it's been a couple of years since I was the Marshall of a Deadlands: Reloaded Campaign, so we'll all be learning together some.

REQUIREMENTS

You must be 18+ to join the Discord.

You must be comfortable with the idea of Roleplaying your character on camera.

You must have a CPU capable of running a 7 way Discord video call & Fantasy Grounds simultaneously (not that hard, but you'd be surprised).

You must possess a mic that doesn't grind the souls of all who listen to it into dust.

You must possess a functioning webcam, capable of operating with Discord.

You must have a sense of humor. About yourself, life, gaming, etc.

No power fantasies, edge lords, murder-hobos or people trying to live an idealized version of themselves through the game the rest of us are just trying to enjoy. Don't be that guy.

You must be available for 9 out of 10 sessions. Life happens, but please don't apply if it seems to happen a lot to you. This is both a VTT tabletop session and a TV show. People tune in every week and look forward to seeing their favorite players there.

You must possess a free demo copy of Fantasy Grounds and the technical savvy required to join a Discord.

I'm actually out of rules, but 10 seems like a good number to stop on.

Bonus point if you're a lady or a PoC. The Wild West wasn't all white dudes and that is triple true for the Weird version.

It'll take a couple of weeks to get people up to speed. I've got to generate art assets, sound FX, background music and all the rest of the things that make this a high fidelity roleplaying experience. That being said, the first official session/stream likely won't be until 9/4 - three or four weeks from now.

If you're still reading this and this seems like the kind of thing you're into, send me a PM and I'll drop you an invite to the Disco. If you're so inclined, you can see the current show lineup on the channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/willtomorrow

Hope to hear from some of you!

goodmanje
August 11th, 2019, 23:43
What time on Saturday?

Sandman59
August 12th, 2019, 05:26
I would be very interested. I have played a short campaign of savage worlds hellfrost. I’m familiar with Fantasy Grounds. My discord ID is Sandman57 [-4]#9115. You can get me there most of the time .

Daedalus
August 13th, 2019, 19:58
Never mind then

YamaShintaku
August 13th, 2019, 20:46
Just to compile the questions...

1) Is this Deadlands Reloaded?
2) Are you using the Savage Worlds Deluxe rules or the new Savage Worlds Adventure Edition rules?
3) Is this on Saturday (your Twitch site says Wednesday)?
4) If Saturday, what time?
5) Will we be wearing Western attire (just curious)?

Depending on timing, I would love to join! My7 Discord username is: vripley#8567

-Vaughn

Will Tomorrow
August 13th, 2019, 21:49
Sorry guys, life has been damned crazy this last few days.

To answer the questions so far -

1) Is this Deadlands: Reloaded? Yes, I own every last piece of it that FG sells and am in the process of converting some things I really like from classic as well (lore & stories more than mechanics)
2) Are you using the Savage Worlds Deluxe rules or the new Savage Worlds Adventure Edition Rules? SWADE. The changes to Deadlands are mostly minor and positive (being able to move/act on the same turn as breaking shaken with a benny or roll is a very good thing)
3) Is this on Saturday? It was. Then my Wednesday game imploded and most of the remaining players expressed a keen interest in playing Deadlands.
4) If Saturday, what time? Wednesday, currently. 8-11CT. I do still plan on adding a Saturday show to the series, but with my already established Wednesday nights needing filled, I am no longer certain that will be Deadlands. In fact, it'll likely be plain old D&D5E, boo.
5) Will we be wearing Western attire? I am all for that, partner.

Sorry for the delay in response, I had a wedding anniversary, dead car and player exodus all on the same day. I would edit the title of this post to reflect the change to Wednesday's but I don't think I have that power. Sorry if this was a waste of time for those of you banking of a Saturday session.

Will

Aster
August 14th, 2019, 20:33
I am very much interested and available for the Wednesday session. I will send you a PM. I have been roleplaying Dnd since the mid/late 1980s and have played some other systems. I like to play characters with flaws.