PDA

View Full Version : PF2 Core Ruleset - Howto Unbreakable Goblin?

PoohPuss
August 10th, 2019, 07:29
The Goblin ancestries comes with some perks. The unbreakable one affords you more hp. How do I use the char-gen tutorial to calculate this without manual hp input?

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 13:36
[Moved from the Tavern forum to the Pathfinder 2.0 forum]

You need to add the FG automation of most abilities manually, including the HP for the unbreakable goblin heritage.

PoohPuss
August 10th, 2019, 20:17
[Moved from the Tavern forum to the Pathfinder 2.0 forum]

You need to add the FG automation of most abilities manually, including the HP for the unbreakable goblin heritage.

Thank you for the reply and for the move of the thread to the correct forum.
I've been looking for the two class features for the Unbreakable Goblin (one of which is the HP-increase) to add them manually, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Nor can I seem to find a way to modify starting HP manually. Do you know how?

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 22:04
There’s no automation around falling full stop. So remember that an unbreakable goblin takes damage as if they’d fallen half the distance and apply falling damage manually if your PC falls.

Nor can I seem to find a way to modify starting HP manually. Do you know how?
Click the magnifying glass icon in the hit points section on the main tab of the character sheet. Apply a miscellaneous modifier of +4 to the HP.

PaganBlack
August 11th, 2019, 02:31
Thank you, i was looking for this.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 05:08
Thank you, i was looking for this.
Welcome to the FG forums PaganBlack!

daerogami
May 9th, 2020, 10:53
Sorry to rez an old thread but as a new user I had to google to find out why this is 'broken' and this was a top result.
I can appreciate not having to open a physical book or pdf and having an easy lookup, but I really expected something like this to be automated from the heritage.

Also, why can't I drag heritage back into 'Rules&Abilities'? If it gets deleted, the only way to re-add it is manually retype it or start over in the tracker.
I don't mind a learning curve; however, I feel that I shouldn't have to be manually adding something as trivial as an hp mod from a heritage when creating a PC.
I tested FGU with a friend and the combat tracker and map flow was spot on, which is good as that was an important reason for us trying something other than Roll20; however, the PF2e character creation is pretty rough.

Trenloe
May 9th, 2020, 11:06
Welcome to the FG forums daerogami!

I agree this isn't ideal functionality. Among other things, I've been spending the last few months re-writing how data such as this is structured and available within the ruleset. There's still lots to do, but we're slowly getting there. I'll be releasing the changes for heritages to the test channel in a couple of weeks, so that it can be tested and any issues ironed out. If it works well, then I'll be rolling out the same functionality to class features (e.g. sorcerer bloodline; cleric doctrine, deity and domains; alchemist research field; wizard arcane school; etc., etc.) and other similar information.

Trenloe
May 9th, 2020, 11:16
To follow up - FG will never be a fully functional character creator and there will always be areas where the player has to do some manual work. For the PF2 ruleset I created the chargen tracker to provide guidance. Pay particular attention to any entries in red or with +++ at the beginning of the text - this indicates that the player has to do some manual work. There is quite a lot of this at the moment, I hope to reduce the amount of manual editing over time.

daerogami
May 9th, 2020, 11:18
Thank you for the welcome and the fast reply!

I was worried for a moment it would be a hard-sell to my player group, but after we got to the combat tracker it really shined in comparison to our previous PnP tools.
Looking forwards to the updates!