PDA

View Full Version : This is Rob Twohy starting his own thread so JPG won't yell at me...

rob2e
August 9th, 2019, 06:23
Nothing yet...

damned
August 9th, 2019, 06:28
Oi!!!!!!!!!!!

rob2e
August 9th, 2019, 06:48
* This is fun, but I was to understand the tokens would actually have our names in them? Male_Bard_Rob_Twohy or something. No?

* Also, the "Print Screen" key does not deposit a screenshot anywhere I can find.

* Can we get a URL for these alleged "Doug has done many instructional videos on how to use the mapping", cause I can't figure most of it out, tooltips or no.

Zacchaeus
August 9th, 2019, 10:25
Just for you Rob https://youtu.be/OTlh3KnL8aM (no sharing remember :))

DrakePD
August 9th, 2019, 12:52
:bandit:

Asmo
August 9th, 2019, 13:59
Nice video, can't wait to get my key and start testing.

rob2e
August 9th, 2019, 15:15
Nice. ThanX Zacchaeus. I hope that video is private.

Zacchaeus
August 9th, 2019, 15:19
Nice. ThanX Zacchaeus. I hope that video is private.

It is invisible. (so secret in fact that even I can't find it again :))

Asmo
August 10th, 2019, 07:39
I could watch it (as benefactor). Nothing secret / to be ashamed about ;-) Don't worry i'm not doing anything with it, just learning and waiting for my key so i can add to the testing (should be here next week).

Zacchaeus
August 10th, 2019, 10:29
I could watch it (as benefactor). Nothing secret / to be ashamed about ;-) Don't worry i'm not doing anything with it, just learning and waiting for my key so i can add to the testing (should be here next week).

Anyone who can access this thread (Alpha only at the moment) can see it since I posted the link here. As far as the wider world is concerned the video doesn't exist.

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2019, 23:29
See, the whip does work better than the carrot. Rob2e has his own sandbox now.

Backer Portrait Names
Since the search for FG tokens works on the file name, we decided it was more useful for the average user if the tokens described what the token is. (I mean, what's a "twohy" anyway?) :P If the VIP backers really want to change the names, the time to hash this out is now, since it will break existing tokens on maps if we rename later.

Print Screen Key
The code is in the app; but it's unclear if the app is receiving the information. Just did a quick search, and it looks like it's a Unity limitation. Going to try some workarounds.

Instructional Videos
There are not any videos I'm aware of, other than the ones Doug did for Kickstarter; and those are not really instructional, just highlights. For now, it's going to be Q&A and using tooltips where available. So, shoot your questions.

Cheers,
JPG

rob2e
August 14th, 2019, 23:59
I may have ten-minute window to look at the alpha here in a day or two. lol

#BUSY!

deer_buster
August 16th, 2019, 05:12
See, the whip does work better than the carrot. Rob2e has his own sandbox now.

Backer Portrait Names
Since the search for FG tokens works on the file name, we decided it was more useful for the average user if the tokens described what the token is. (I mean, what's a "twohy" anyway?) :P If the VIP backers really want to change the names, the time to hash this out is now, since it will break existing tokens on maps if we rename later.

Print Screen Key
The code is in the app; but it's unclear if the app is receiving the information. Just did a quick search, and it looks like it's a Unity limitation. Going to try some workarounds.

Instructional Videos
There are not any videos I'm aware of, other than the ones Doug did for Kickstarter; and those are not really instructional, just highlights. For now, it's going to be Q&A and using tooltips where available. So, shoot your questions.

Cheers,
JPG

Yeah I don't see much point in doing videos until a specific area is feature complete and 90% production ready