PDA

View Full Version : Two Traits not working

Evion
August 8th, 2019, 21:13
found something that's not working in pathfinder 1, so a creature who has 2 traits, like (ooze traits, undead traits) "Undead Ooze" wont place both of its traits in the CT, only the one that has the traits written last is placed on the CT, in this example it would be the undead traits

Blahness98
August 8th, 2019, 21:36
The capitalization of Ooze might be the issue. Not by my computer to check

Evion
August 8th, 2019, 22:05

it still doesnt work

Blahness98
August 8th, 2019, 22:16
At my computer now. I realize my error. Ooze traits are not defined in PF/3.5. You would have to make your own effect for whatever ooze traits gives a creature. Sorry about that.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 22:24
At my computer now. I realize my error. Ooze traits are not defined in PF/3.5. You would have to make your own effect for whatever ooze traits gives a creature. Sorry about that.
They aren't defined as a SQ, but they do get added to the CT if the creature type is "ooze".

Evion
August 9th, 2019, 06:42
yes separate they each add to the combat tracker but not when its a fusion of both

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 17:52
yes separate they each add to the combat tracker but not when its a fusion of both
Like both Blahness98 and I have mentioned - there is no "Ooze traits" parsing in the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset.

The ruleset code specifically looks at the type of the creature, and if that creature type is Ooze then it applies some code to do with Oozes: it adds the "Ooze traits" effect to the creature when it is added to the CT, but this does nothing mechanically - it is purely for information. And, if PFRPG it sets the creature immune to critical and precision damage, if 3.5E it sets the creature immune to critical damage.