PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Testing

TMO
August 8th, 2019, 03:36
Very excited to see this come to the alpha testers!

I read through the Playtest Agreement. Understandably, there is a lot of non-disclosure language in this agreement. For the sake of clarity, should I infer that playtesting with anybody who is NOT a registered alpha tester would be considered outside the terms of the agreement? I realize there is a warning against adding a lot of content into this release, but I imagine there are those who are willing to risk a little bit of campaign setup to playtest a one-shot just to get a feel for things. Please advise.

rob2e
August 8th, 2019, 04:21
I'm all over this!

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2019, 07:54
The software is not ready for actually running a session. We'll let you know when it is, and modify the playtest agreement accordingly. Right now, you should not be sharing the installer with anyone; only alpha testers should be using.

I know that you all are brave technology explorers, but it's just not ready for that kind of use yet. :) (For example, we know that the image networking information is not finalized yet; so it wouldn't work very well for what you would be excited to show to your players anyway.)

Regards,
JPG

TMO
August 8th, 2019, 07:55
Copy that! Thanks for the clarity.

rob2e
August 8th, 2019, 08:42
Preliminary look...
I know where to find my key, but the "Where do I find my key" link on the installer does not work.
/scaleui seems to not work
Maximizing window eliminates Windows task bar, is this intentional? Because of this, I have to ALT-TAB away from FG to use any other app.
Can we no longer drag tokens to the desktop?
I received a "Campaign Saved" message without prompting. or using /save. It scared me. Is this an auto thing?
I know there is no manual, but is there ANY documentation as to what commands there are for the mapping functionality. It's a minefield in there.

lokiare
August 8th, 2019, 14:47
Preliminary look...
I know where to find my key, but the "Where do I find my key" link on the installer does not work.
/scaleui seems to not work
Maximizing window eliminates Windows task bar, is this intentional? Because of this, I have to ALT-TAB away from FG to use any other app.
Can we no longer drag tokens to the desktop?
I received a "Campaign Saved" message without prompting. or using /save. It scared me. Is this an auto thing?
I know there is no manual, but is there ANY documentation as to what commands there are for the mapping functionality. It's a minefield in there.

Doug has posted many videos on how to use the new mapping functionality.

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2019, 17:55
Now, if we can just get rob2e to start his own threads. ;)

Responses below:

* I know where to find my key, but the "Where do I find my key" link on the installer does not work.
Logged ticket for Ryan to look at

* /scaleui seems to not work
This feature has not been implemented. We'll have some sort of display scaling prior to release. I added a ticket as well, even though we know it needs to be done.

* Maximizing window eliminates Windows task bar, is this intentional? Because of this, I have to ALT-TAB away from FG to use any other app.
I haven't really used FGU maximized, so haven't noticed. I'll take a look, but might be a limitation of the way Unity supports maximize. I added a ticket to investigate.

* Can we no longer drag tokens to the desktop?
No, desktop tokens are no longer a thing. You can use the toolbar to store tokens temporarily, just like the desktop.

* I received a "Campaign Saved" message without prompting. or using /save. It scared me. Is this an auto thing?
This used to be the same in FGC, but I think I moved the message to be console only a short while back. Ticket added.

* I know there is no manual, but is there ANY documentation as to what commands there are for the mapping functionality. It's a minefield in there.
Nope, in fact, it was just overhauled right before alpha party, and may change again. Tooltips are your friend. Plus, feel free to ask. We'll most likely wait to document stuff until later in beta, when we know things will stay put.

Regards,
JPG

usstitans
August 9th, 2019, 21:22
I just wanted to add how excited most of us are to get this. Thanks a million for all the hard work you and your team have and will still put in! Sincerest appreciation!