PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist Mutagens, how to handle?

Ratupper
August 8th, 2019, 02:27
how are folks handling formula books and effects from mutagens?

ShadeRaven
August 8th, 2019, 02:34
For the most part, I believe I'll just use EFFECTS that can be activated on a Actions tab.

kaernunnos
August 8th, 2019, 05:30
For formulas known, I just created a list on the notes page

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:39
Lots of ways to do it - note, ability record (where you can drag/drop formula/item links). Or setup a new spell class, but use it to track formulas - Formula level, details, effects, etc.. Just because it's called a "spell" class doesn't mean that it's limited to spells... :)

Information ability links list:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28359

Setup as a "spell" class on the actions tab (manually create entries):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28360

yarnevk
August 8th, 2019, 18:08
For adding them as spells how do you get the dragon icon to link to the formula? That drag/drop only seems to work if it is actually parsed as a spell.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 18:14
For adding them as spells how do you get the dragon icon to link to the formula? That drag/drop only seems to work if it is actually parsed as a spell.
You can't link directly to the formula. Like I said in my post above - you have to manually create the entries. You could copy/paste key text into the "spell" record (opened when you click the red-dragon link) or you could just drag/drop the item link into the "Effects" section of the spell window (which is a formatted text control so it accepts links to other records) - but this is all for informational purposes.

yarnevk
August 11th, 2019, 02:35
Since the bomb is a strike isn't is supposed to have a ranged attack roll - you example just shows damage. It is listed as a martial weapon and alchemists get bomb proficiency. So you have to set the spell to atk Ranged Dex+Prof no save DC and manually track prof as there is not a proficiency field. I think that makes it target AC?

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 05:10
Since the bomb is a strike isn't is supposed to have a ranged attack roll - you example just shows damage. It is listed as a martial weapon and alchemists get bomb proficiency. So you have to set the spell to atk Ranged Dex+Prof no save DC and manually track prof as there is not a proficiency field. I think that makes it target AC?
My example was just that, an example of where to set it up. It was not meant as an exhaustive "set it up this way". Set if up the way you want it. As you mention, you can add a "cast" action, which has the option to set attack parameters.