PDA

View Full Version : Is there a video on how to use maps > masking, centering and sizing.

Larsenex
August 7th, 2019, 19:40
Greetings Team,

Was there a 'how to' video on maps for FG? I am sure there is but I wanted more information on what 'masking' is and what the various settings do 'preload' and such.

I know dynamic lighting is coming and happy to hear it!

Also can i drop a PDF of a map into the images folder and will it be 'seen' by FG or do I need to change it to a JPG? I have dozens of the older P1 and AD&D (2e) modules in PDF and would love to use some of those maps but do my own story on them.

I can imagine some of you realizing I am using the map from Barrier peaks and going...HEY I RECOGNIZE THIS!! ...White Plume Mountain!

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 19:43
Have a look at the Videos page in the Wiki.

Larsenex
August 7th, 2019, 19:45
Will do!

mattekure
August 7th, 2019, 19:55
Greetings Team,

Was there a 'how to' video on maps for FG? I am sure there is but I wanted more information on what 'masking' is and what the various settings do 'preload' and such.

Also can i drop a PDF of a map into the images folder and will it be 'seen' by FG or do I need to change it to a JPG? I have dozens of the older P1 and AD&D (2e) modules in PDF and would love to use some of those maps but do my own story on them.

I can imagine some of you realizing I am using the map from Barrier peaks and going...HEY I RECOGNIZE THIS!! ...White Plume Mountain!

In addition to the other videos you might watch, I do cover a bunch of the map functionality in a video here https://youtu.be/v5P05gOd5_o?t=5528. The maps section starts at around 1:32:00.

YamaShintaku
August 7th, 2019, 21:27
Good stuff, Mattekure. Thanks!

Zacchaeus
August 7th, 2019, 21:30
Also you can't drop a pdf into the images folder. Images need to be on their own and yes, jpg files.

damned
August 8th, 2019, 06:16

I think dynamic fog of war is coming - not dynamic lighting?

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2019, 07:56
Yes, it's dynamic line-of-sight and fog-of-war. Vision and lighting will not be part of initial release, but is high on our list afterwards.

Regards,
JPG

Dark_Soul
August 10th, 2019, 01:37
Yes, it's dynamic line-of-sight and fog-of-war. Vision and lighting will not be part of initial release, but is high on our list afterwards.

Regards,
JPGThat's good to hear. From my time on Roll20, dynamic vision and lighting is the feature that I most want to see in Fantasy Grounds.