PDA

View Full Version : With the current build of FG is the map align tool still needed for maps?

Larsenex
August 7th, 2019, 17:26
Greetings FG folks.

With the current build of FG > 3.3.8 is the Map align tool listed as a stick in this sub forum still needed or advised?

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 17:32
Depends on what maps you use, not on FG. FG draws square grids, so if your map has nice, perfectly square grids then no you don't need the map align tool. If the map doesn't have perfectly square grids, then yes, you will need the align tool.

mattekure
August 7th, 2019, 17:36
Greetings FG folks.

With the current build of FG > 3.3.8 is the Map align tool listed as a stick in this sub forum still needed or advised?

YES!!! its a wonderful tool. nothing in the current builds does away with the need for it. and even when unity comes out, I'm sure there will still be a need for its functionality.

Zacchaeus
August 7th, 2019, 17:36
The Map Align tool takes maps that have a 'baked in' grid and allows you to resize those maps so that you can align an FG grid with that baked in grid. If your map doesn't have a baked in grid then you don't nee (and never did need) the map align tool. V3.3.8 doesn't change anything about this process.

Larsenex
August 7th, 2019, 23:34
Ah that is very helpful. Roll 20 had a similar feature where I could push in various sides to get my pre gridded maps to fit. I suppose this is similar.