PDA

View Full Version : Fields of Battle Board Game Ruleset

Snikle
October 13th, 2006, 14:13
Just finished and posted this over at the FUM forum. It is a Risk clone for use in Fantasy Grounds and contains a complete skinning of the program (I learned a hell of allot skinning it and changing nearly everything).

Anyway, we hope you enjoy this 'ruleset'. Looking at possible getting a game or two in the OGT in the near future.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/showthread.php?t=599

richvalle
October 13th, 2006, 14:21
Some screen shots?

Ram Tyr
October 13th, 2006, 14:40
rv,

Follow the thread and your request will be granted...

:D

Later.
Ramza

richvalle
October 13th, 2006, 14:56
Wow, very cool! That is a great thing to show the flexability of FG rulesets.

For those that can do such things. :)

rv

Snikle
October 13th, 2006, 15:12
Yeah I had forgotten when I posted it, meant to attach a screenshot. I was actually surpised, when I got in and started messing with it, how flexible most of the system was. I wish I could have removed the dice completely, though I find it rather humorous when you place them off screen and it boots up and they come flying in like a groom late for his wedding.

Just hope people enjoy it, I throughly enjoyed making it and learning more about the ruleset coding while doing it. Was toying around with making different maps (thought about doing one based on my campaign world Sylnae), to give some variations to the game.

Oh one thing I forgot to add to the ruleset, my apologies to anyone from New Zealand. Look and you wil understand. ;)

Stuart
October 13th, 2006, 15:36
Check out "Conquest" which is available as well as a solo game ... Snikle, perhaps you should post your Sylnae map there as well ? I'd play it.

joshuha
October 13th, 2006, 15:48
I've thought about board games in FG and glad to see it pulled off very well. Has anyone every played Descent? Its a tile based game kinda like Heroquest but a little more involved. I think games like that could be a big thing in FG. Obviously unless we could get permission we would need to create our own rules and everything but I imagine something similar could make for great one-nighters to show people what FG is all about. Also, this should all be much better when 2.0 comes out because of the ability to remove uneeded dice but also the ability to package it all together as a plug-n-play kind of module.

Jozie
October 13th, 2006, 19:11
Excellent. Plus a great idea and new avenue to use this product for. To be honest I am suprised no one has done chess and checkers either, just for giggles. You know kobolds are pawns, paladins are knights, etc.

Snikle
October 13th, 2006, 19:15
Check out "Conquest" which is available as well as a solo game ... Snikle, perhaps you should post your Sylnae map there as well ? I'd play it.

I will have to try that as well, have to come up with some easy to divide areas and the value of the territories. Actually, no looking at Sylnae, the territories are spread out too much, and the avenues of attack would be very limited, not sure it would make for big fun.

Thanks for all the input from everyone!

Doswelk
December 15th, 2009, 22:57
I know I am resurrecting a VERY old thread here, but does anyone still have of a copy of this FG1 ruleset?

My group still remember the fun we had playing this and I'd like to (try) upgrade it to FGII, but after too many disk clear downs I have long since lost my copy...

Placebo
December 16th, 2009, 15:02
I guess i still have this one :) i will see what i can do ;)

Doswelk
December 16th, 2009, 16:38
I guess i still have this one :) i will see what i can do ;)

Please I would love to play it again...

devinnight
December 17th, 2009, 17:32
If he doesn't find his copy, let me know. I'd have to dig through some old back-ups.. but I might have a copy someplace.

-D

Doswelk
December 17th, 2009, 19:05
Well I've not heard anything yet... (Yes I am impatient)

devinnight
December 18th, 2009, 00:24
You can get it here:

https://www.immortalnights.com/weblinked/FoB Folder.zip

Watch the space after FoB, it's really a space, not an underscore.

-D

Placebo
December 18th, 2009, 12:12
Well I've not heard anything yet... (Yes I am impatient)

Sorry friend i have been very busy...but you now have your ruleset :p

Doswelk
December 18th, 2009, 18:20
Sorry friend i have been very busy...but you now have your ruleset :p

Not at all!

Thank you for looking!

The problem with email/forum posts is that it's very hard to be joking/cheeky without it possibly being taken the wrong way (I am not saying you did but you see I felt compelled to add this section just in case!)

Thank you both of you for finding this for me, now all I have to do is work out how to code lua to update it!

Brenn
December 28th, 2009, 23:43
I would like to see the "A Game of Thrones" boardgames on FG. Seriously doubt one could get permission to distribute though. I might dust off my scanner some time and work on it myself, but I've got other irons in the fire atm.

Answulf
December 30th, 2009, 07:09
You guys might want to check out Zun Tzu - it's an awesome program, a bit like FG for boardgames. Here is a list of the games people have done so far:

https://www.zuntzu.com/files.htm

I've made a few myself - very easy program to use.

Rook
December 30th, 2009, 13:33
Ansbach,

ZunTzu looks like the remote boardgamer's dream utility.

After looking at the Zuntzu site forum, there doesn't seem to be much traffic or for that matter an "opponent matching" board.

Where does one go to find players of like minds?

Answulf
January 9th, 2010, 08:28
Ansbach,

ZunTzu looks like the remote boardgamer's dream utility.

After looking at the Zuntzu site forum, there doesn't seem to be much traffic or for that matter an "opponent matching" board.

Where does one go to find players of like minds?

That's a good question - it's probably used mostly between RL friends. Maybe boardgamegeek.com?