PDA

View Full Version : tracker bug with skills so what are the limits?

yarnevk
August 5th, 2019, 17:03
The tracker does not keep track of skills, and if you try to drag a skill onto the tracker it gives a lua bug.

So without the tracking guidance I am confused.

Does each class providing for X+INT skills - is this a limit on overall skills including any base skills from the class and background or are these additional skills on top of those?

Consider this artist scoundrel that stole societies paintings and replaced them with his forgeries. To them he seems smart about lots of things, but he is just conning them as he knows very little about lots of things.

Artist trained in Crafting, general and artistry
Rogue trained in Stealth
Rogue (also?) trained in 7 (additional?) skills plus 1 from INT: Acrobatics, Intimidation, Performance, Society, Thievery, Arcana, Occultism, Religion
Scoundrel trained in Deception and Diplomacy

My thinking is the X+INT are additional skills since skill checks limit what the untrained do unlike D&D 5e where everyone can do anything so you are trained in only a few skills there. Thus for PF2e each class and background need to add up to lots of skills so they can attempt more than the basic things - especially rogue.

(Note that rogue has a bug it does not show the number of additional skills - 7 came from the ref manual)

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 17:42
The tracker does not keep track of skills, and if you try to drag a skill onto the tracker it gives a lua bug.
Thanks for reporting. I can't reproduce - can you give steps on how to recreate please?

So without the tracking guidance I am confused.
The tracker log (bottom part of the tracker window) indicates when to add skills (and other abilities/features) - look for the Big Red entries starting with +++. The big gotcha is that the log is read bottom to top - with the most recent entries at the top.

All of your normal skills are already added to the "Skills" tab - go there and train the number of skills indicated. You don't drag/drop skills - they are there for lookup/informational purposes.

I'd recommend you watch the videos linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50233-Fantasy-Grounds-Videos-of-the-PF-2-0-playtest-Youtube-playlist

Does each class providing for X+INT skills - is this a limit on overall skills including any base skills from the class and background or are these additional skills on top of those?
Those are extra skill proficiencies on top of what you get as part of the background. See the beginning of chapter 3 - Classes for info about what you add as part of a class.

The rogue skill issue has been reported as CR2.031 (link to the bug tracker in post #2 of this thread) and is fixed in the next issue. Thanks for reporting.