PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video or stream of P2 gameplay.

Larsenex
August 4th, 2019, 13:40
Greetings folks,

In both an effort to learn how to use and customize FG are there any you tube or twitch streams of anyone doing the new Plaguestone or Hellknight? I think I will end up having to watch some of the playtest videos to see what I am looking for.

Really I am curious how DM's use FG and how it flows and how they manage windows while DMing and keeping the flow going. I realize that more use means short cut commands will be a must.

Is there a chart on keyboard short cuts for FG that I can reference?

Thannks again. The FG team has made an amazing product.

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 14:10
There are some excellent videos out there, I just don't know about Plaguestone or Hellknight yet.

You also might want to poke around in the FG Wiki:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

I will say, though, that just asking questions out here as you get the basics down and want to know more advanced uses will get you a ton of help. Much of what I have learned has been from other users and the FG Staff over the years. It's a terrific community and we're always willing to help new DMs and Players alike.

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 14:28
Also, it occurs to me that I use some of the advanced techniques with creatures in my Bestiary you can find out here to add to PF2 campaigns. If you poke around in there, especially under the spells sections, you'll see how I set up creatures for things like poison use, spell attacks, applying afflictions and conditions, etc. Those techniques can also be used on characters in the Actions Tab (for now) - most often by creating a spell class and dragging the abilities to there, then right clicking on the ability to see how to add Spell Actions, etc.

You'll make mistakes! Probably less than I did when I was first starting out, so don't worry. Can't tell you how many times I accidentally deleted a power/spell thinking I was deleting an Spell Action, or how many effect scripts I didn't get right. Far too many to count anyway.

Just come back and ask for help. There's no question too basic or too stupid (believe me, I've tried).

goodmanje
August 9th, 2019, 06:02
The Glass Cannon YouTube channel has some PF2 actual play. Not Plaguestone or Hellknight Hill though...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC83CJFLyDe72XgkKBd5a9IA

Nevermind..... They don't use FG.

shadelon
August 13th, 2019, 12:21
Aloha. I am the lead of the Pathfinder 2e team in Fantasy Grounds College, and in a couple of weeks, one of my team will be starting a stream of Age of Ashes. We will announce it here when it starts.

phumano
April 28th, 2020, 01:28
Aloha. I am the lead of the Pathfinder 2e team in Fantasy Grounds College, and in a couple of weeks, one of my team will be starting a stream of Age of Ashes. We will announce it here when it starts.

Has it started yet?